ORAS Doubles OU Doubles Team (First Competitive Team!)

This is my first ever doubles team, it is meant to be a full trick room team with an alternative switch to a fast sweeper for support. Please remember that this is my first team, and please be considerate.

Dusclops Evolite
Ability: Pressure
Role: Set-Up/Tank
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. D, 4 D
Moveset:
- Trick Room
- Will-o-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split

This Pokemon will be one of my two possible Trick Room setters. It has great bulk with Evolite, and it's pretty much impossible to OHKO this mon. I chose it over Cressalia because of it's immunity to Fake-Out, it's ability to "buff" it's defense with Will-o-Wisp, and Pain Split for healing. Night Shade is there for damage, and to give Dusclops something to do when Taunted.

Mawile @Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate (Before Mega), Huge Power (After Mega)
Role: Bulky Physical Sweeper
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP, 180 Att, 40 D, 40 Sp. D
Moveset:
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Mawile is a great Mega for a Trick Room team, with it's tremendously low base Speed, and high Attack and Defenses. I built this Mawile to be able to take a hit, and then dish back a harder one. I'd use it in conjunction with Dusclops as a lead, since it can Protect and draw fire away from Dusclops, because Mawile is a Pokemon you do not want to let live. I used a standered, well-rounded set of offensive moves for coverage, and I ommited Swords Dance in favor of a STAB Iron Head for additional protection. Mawile also covers for both of Dusclops' weaknesses, Ghost and Dark.

Feraligatr Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force (obtainable through the Pokemon Bank event)
Role: Physical Sweeper
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 D
Moveset:
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

The Sheer Force ability cancels out life orb damage, and brings up the power of all of Feraligatr's moves by 30%. After the life orb boost, Feraligatr gets a massive 69% base power increase. Swords Dance allows Feraligatr to set up, and boost his already devastating moves. Feraligatr could also partner with Dusclops as a lead, and set up while Dusclops gets Trick Room up.

Goodra @Assult Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
Role: Special Tank
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. A, 4 Sp. D
Moveset:
Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast
Ice Beam

Goodra is my defensive pivot, being able to switch into him to tank an attack on Mawile is very useful. In addition, Sap Sipper allows safe switch-ins into Ferrothorn or Breloom, when you can expect a Spore or Leech Seed coming. I used Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor because this way I can keep Goodra in for longer without it becoming a useless blob.

Reuniclus Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overcoat
Role: Bulky Setup
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 140 D, 70 Sp. A, 48 Sp. D
Moveset:
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Helping Hand
- Reflect

I have this mon here as an alternative to Dusclops, for instance if the opponent KOs Dusclops, I'll be able to send in Reuniclus and recover from the deficit. I also run Psyshock for killing defensive walls, and Reflect to help with my team's poorer Defense.

Landerous-T Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Role: Backup
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Landerous is my just in case. If Trick Room fails to get up, I'll send in him to get some quick kills. An alternative is to start him with my Trick Room setter, and then use U-Turn for scouting before Trick Room gets up.

Thank you for reading my post! Please feel free to give constructive criticism.

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Welcome to dubs! Your team seems pretty well made, so I won't be giving too major suggestions. You should probably lengthen your member descriptions to at least three lines, however, because a mod will likely lock this thread otherwise.

Dusclops is probably one of the most underwhelming setters ever. It literally sits there as taunt/sleep/setup bait. Granted, it can tank hits, but eviolite is mandatory, so it can't run anti tr items like mental herb. I suggest Calm Mind Cresselia, who provides comparable bulk while also serving as another wincondition.

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4Spatk
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

For goodra, I'd say Ice Beam>Earthquake, because you already have an eq user, lack ice coverage, and uninvested deals pitiful damage, even with sap sipper.

Lum Berry doesn't really do anything for reuniclus, as overcoat already blocks sleep and it's a slow special attacker. Offensively, you could run life orb for extra damage, or Sitrus Berry for more defense.

I like your use of faster mons in tr. This could very well be considered semi tr, as you don't rely entirely on it being up. Semi tr is a difficult playstyle, but it rewards with midgame tr sweeps. If you want, you could use neutral speed natures to outspeed slower things while still being slow enough to outslow fast offense.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I rather like the way Clops is working for me, because of Will-o-Wisp and Fake Out immunity. I'll give Cres a shot, and if I like it more, I'll change it on the post. The ice beam suggestion is a good point as well, I'll change it immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)