Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - ON HIATUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Alright, ending this round here. There's a bit of an odd situation because two users voted for themselves and one got a friend, who clearly wouldn't have voted otherwise, to vote. It doesn't really matter what I do with these votes, since I'd either accept all of them or reject all of them, and either way we're at a tie between shaian and Caasi. As a result, I'm breaking the tie by giving my vote to... shaian!

With Ultra Sun/Moon releasing soon, there's no time to do another full round and I'm guessing most people aren't likely to want to build in a dying meta. Teambuilding competition will be going on a short hiatus, thanks everyone for continuing to participate!

First of all I call everybody in the doubles ou room my friend because we are a very small community and i like to think that each and every one of us are friends. Caasi worked really hard on that team countless hours spent working on evs and perfecting the correct movesets, for what? to get robbed. You should have given both of them the win imo or gotten someone impartial cause you were clearly not impartial. This is ridiculous no wonder this tier is dying, mods such as yourselves are incapable. Need I remind you the guy legit voted for himself, I voted legit for my favorite team based on synergy and overall effectiveness.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Okay, I've got a few things to say, although I honestly don't think I need to defend my decision.

You have 0 posts in the Doubles OU forum before your vote, so I can assume that you would not have voted here at all if Caasi hadn't asked you to vote in the competition. Even if he didn't explicitly ask you to vote for him, it was asking you to go vote that got him an extra vote. I also received proof that he asked another user to vote for him. The rules were not made explicitly clear in the OP, so I had nothing specific to fall back on. As a result, I decided to just ignore the fact that many of the votes were a bit fishy and take the numbers at face value, 5 for shaian, 5 for Caasi.

After looking at both teams, I honestly believe shaian's to be more widely effective and a better showcase of Kartana in the current metagame. Choice Scarf Kartana is a niche set already, and if even I were to use it, Night Slash not be my first choice of a move on Kartana, as it only really helps against Aegislash, Metagross, and Bronzong. shaian's Bloom Doom set, paired with Pokemon that appreciate the removal of bulky Waters like Volcanion, showcased Kartana at its most effective.

It's always been up to the host of the project to break ties, and you're allowed to disagree with my personal call, but in the future please refrain from attacking the tier/the staff team/the project. Doubles has one of the largest playerbases it's had in a while, so going from "I call everyone in the doubles ou room my friend" to "no wonder this tier is dying" doesn't really follow for me.

At the end of the day, there's very little physical reward for winning a round of this project. Caasi got to showcase his team and have 5 people give him the recognition that they believed he should win this round, so all that he's missing is the moving of his team to the Hall of Fame. I'm sorry if you feel that I've in some way personally wronged you, and I hope that this explanation at least clears some things up. Enjoy the hiatus.

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would also like to point that just because a team didnt win doesnt mean its worse than the team which won.

Heck I have probably liked a team that didnt win over the winning team on most weeks.

If you are getting a lot of votes from people who happen to check the thread it should normally translate to the fact that people are recognizing your teams strength. So even if you dont win one week, dont let it discourage you. Comp happens every week so there are many chances to win

Talkingtree I apologize for being a bit aggressive, it's just that my vote and a comment that was not bias in any way had a direct impact on the outcome, which took away from someone else winning. My vote was sincere. Anyways had you explained your reasoning I wouldn't have replied back because all your points were fair. I sort of assumed you picked shaian because of what I had written and was feeling bad about it. I don't reply on threads but I used all the teams throughout the competition and in particular i liked caasi's team so I decided to give him a vote. Anyways USUM, here's to a good metagame! cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)