Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Closed

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Z tailwind kartana & icy wind tapu fini​

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 152 HP / 136 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 140 HP / 124 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 28 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 96 SpA / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

So I started with this core of tailwind kartana + offensive kyub cause they both seemed really threatening together once you get tw up, limiting the switch ins due to their coverage and offensive pressure. Victini is here because fire moves are needed on every team rn and it seemed a nice option to get tw up with kartana, eliminating one mon on the field and giving a free switch to take more advantage of tw.
The mu vs marshadow and fire types was kind of shaky at this point so landorus (and later tapu fini) fixes that. At this point I did not have a steel type since kartana doesn't really count as a steel type and I needed to improve my mu vs psyspam so mega metagross is perfect for this and it's benefited from tw too. I chose hammer arm as the coverage move cause this is what does more dmg to scizor and could help if I lose my checks to ferrothorn, tbh I feel like I don't really need either thunder or ice punch and I don't like sub metagross so yeah. Finally I didn't have a tapu and to improve my mu vs fire types and marshadow I opted for tapu fini as my last mon. On my mega metagross teams I like to have 2 ways of speed control since it's probably one of the mons that aprecciate it more so I went with icy wind tapu fini and it really was worth it.

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor

Icy Wind Tapu Fini and Defog Lando-T​
sun (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Protect

moon (Tapu Fini) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 128 Def / 100 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

day (Amoonguss) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

night (Aegislash) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

sky (Zapdos) @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 76 SpA / 60 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

ground (Landorus-Therian) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I began building this team by starting out with the desire to use zard x cuz fun and figured I would include the move tutors somewhere along the way rather then trying to contour the team to the move tutors.
Zard becomes a wincon with dd and it can usually get one off just by surprise factor Also tough claw flare blitz snaps necks.
Amoonguss was added next in order to provide a way for zard to set up with rage powder and can keep marsh from stealing zard's boosts. Spore can't work in the terrain, but there are many non grounded mons in the meta and bulu and lele are popular. It also acts as a real big blanket check stopping rain and trickroom and it also checks setup sweepers like snorlax with clearsmog.
Tapu Fini was added to strenthen the defensive backbone of the team by completing a fwg core and helps to check mons that threaten out zard like ttar and landorus. Icy wind provides needed speed control with and hits the 4x ice weaks hard.
Zapdos pairs really well with tapu fini. Through tailwind it provides more speedcontrol and the team struggled more against the ice weaks like zygarde and mence more then ferro so hp ice>wave
Aegislash was put on because every team needs a steel type and psychic nukes the team. Aegislash completes fairy dragon steel core and contributed an offensive presence that the more passive mons did not provide. Z shadow ball hits like a truck and wide guard helps vs hwave and skill slide which the team does not appreciate taking.
Landorus-T is kinda heat and provides the second tutor move. Rocks have become very popular in the meta and I did not want zard coming in at half or the rest of the team getting whittled down. It also helps clear screens which is nice. Defog's momentum loss is not big as opponents took a turn to set up rocks. The team really appreciates the intim support. U turn helps generate momentum, eq for steels, and knock helps make bulky psychics more manageable.

Last edited:

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is pretty much the same concept as SMB's team, but built around Lele instead of Fini.
Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 172 HP / 116 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Heatran @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
This is pretty much the same idea as SMB's team. The ideal lead is Victini + Kartana to try to get off a free Tailwind. I went with Lele > Fini so that Scarf Victini doesn't get dunked on by Shadow Sneak Marshadow, and also because I wanted to try out Ally Switch. Salamence is a second Tailwind setter and all-around good Pokemon. Adrenaline Orb Heatran is just a cheeky response to Landorus-T and Salamence now that Choice Scarf Landorus is less common.

Just realised this used 2 move tutors (icy wind and knock off fini). Used this vs ablast in kickoff so it works.

Tapu Lele @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Blacephalon @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Tapu Fini @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 128 SpA / 48 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Knock Off

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 52 SpA / 80 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost

So i wanted to use sub z move blacephalon since it sounds kinda cool in theory but is probs worse than scarf. You try to sub on a switch or smth then z overheat gives you your first boost to go ham. Added Lele because marsh cant sneak then which is nice. Metagross was next because it synergises well with lele and is very good, checks mence and all that. Needed checks to rain so added fini zap. AV fini is super cool since icy wind is amazing on it and you have the bulk to stick around and fire off a few, also matches up well vs other fini with knock. Tailwind was necessary too to make blace work or its slower than everything. Finally wanted a nicer way to deal with mgross or mtars that have boosted but wanted rocks too so went with scarf rocks lando.

Last edited:

Rain + Z-Tailwind Kartana
Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stomping Tantrum
- Earthquake
- Protect

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

My two tutor moves are Tailwind Kartana and Stomping Tantrum Swampert.

Pelipper: Standard Pelipper with Tailwind to support the rest of the team. I run sash to help it set up TW and allow it to get off attacks more easily. Despite usually being a momentum killer, it has saved me several times before.
Swampert: Swampert is one of the best mega pokemon at using rain , so it was an obvious choice. It has one of my move tutor users. Waterfall is a spammable STAB, Earthquake is a spread attack, and Stomping Tantrum is useful as a single-target Ground-Type attack to bypass the effects of Wide Guard and avoid hitting it's teammate. Sometimes I miss the coverage that Ice Punch offers, but the ability to avoid hitting it's teammate is invaluable along side having a spread option.
Kartana: Z-Tailwind Kartana was the first pokemon I decided to use on this team. Guaranteed crits with Leaf Blade and useful coverage from Sacred Sword sounded really fun to build around. It's been either the MVP or complete dead weight for most matches. If it gets setup safely and can secure a KO for Beast Boost, it is practially unstoppable, but it will sometimes narrowly miss out on crucial OHKOs and get KOed in return. It makes for a useful mid game or late game wallbreaker, but it will go down in one shot if I play it wrong. I use an Adamant nature to maximize power because base 109 speed under Tailwind outspeeds everything anyway.
Kyurem-Black: I needed a bulky pivot. Kyube fit the team the best. I run the standard Assault Vest build with Dragon Claw instead of Icy Wind because I like wanted to have a strong physical STAB attack more than another form of speed control.
Marshadow: Beats Ferrothorn with a little bit of prior damage, kills Trick Room setters, is overall just really powerful. The priority is also useful to pick off weakened targets, even under TR or opposing TW.
Tapu Koko: The last pokemon added to the team. I had a Scarf Lele in this spot originally, but I decided that it did not contribute to the team nearly enough. Tapu Koko brings a secondary Celesteela and Tapu Fini check, taunt, and a fast, weak spread attack for picking off weakened opponents. I run Thunderbolt instead of Thunder because I like having accuracy against opposing weather teams, and having weather up can be unreliable.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Time to vote! Please respond below with the name of the user you feel most deserves to win this week.

SMB
laptops
GenOne
AuraRayquaza
Qazoo306

Voting closes Monday, December 11th at 11:59pm EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I forgot to post about it, but I decided to extend the voting deadline due to the forums being down. SMB and GenOne tied, so I'm going to break the tie and vote for... SMB! Congratulations, the winning team and description will be added to the Hall of Fame. I'm also trying something new this time around and storing the teams in the Hall of Fame in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent winners will be at the top of the OP. Let me know what you think about the change on Discord/PS!/this thread and I'll decide whether to keep this implementation. As for this week, we're going to be building around...

Necrozma! Although it's not an entirely new Pokemon with the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, it may as well be due to how much receiving Photon Geyser, Heat Wave, Earth Power, and more affected its role. A fantastic ability in Prism Armor saves it from super-effective attacks, while solid stats all around make it effective both in and out of Trick Room, which it is able to set for itself. Before Sun and Moon, Necrozma was left to be a pseudo-Cresselia, just more offensive and less bulky with a worse movepool. Now, Necrozma is able to take on Ferrothorn, Stakataka, Heatran, and Amoonguss even unboosted. A solid Stealth Rock setter, offensive user of Trick Room, and setup sweeper, Necrozma's flexibility makes it usable on a variety of teams, so let's see what you can do with it!

Deadline for submissions is Sunday, December 17th at 11:59pm EST!

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
1513284621204.png
1513284621298.png
1513284643077.png
1513284675444.png
1513284691271.png
1513284707791.png

! (Necrozma) @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Moonlight

? (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

' (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpA / 20 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

\ (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

. (Aegislash) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 96 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

/ (Amoonguss) @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

The team started with the idea of using tapu lele and necrozma because terrain make photon geyser hit like a truck and scarf lele can offensively check marshadow for necrozma. Earth power was my chosen coverage for koko, staka, and opposing volc. Volcanion was added as a way to break through steels, help the rain matchup, and it is also a nice attacker under tr. Mega-mence provides more fast mode offense and gives the team a second type of speed control in tailwind. Intimidate is also nice to help curb physical attackers. Aegishlash completes fairy dragon steel core and is a very threatening attacker in tr and tw. Wide guard support was very helpful as the team strugled against spread attackers like zard y and zygarde. Finally, amoonguss provides redirection for necro and mence to set up tr and tw respectively. It helps to check rain and set up sweepers and if you can get terrain control, spore can be used to stop opposing tr and if tr is up it has speedy sleep. It also forms a nice definsive core with volcanion. The team plays pretty offensively and focuses on setting up the appropriate speed control and throwing out powerful hits.

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

this is pretty bog standard tr but with nidoqueen and hariyama and mega abomasnow so maybe its not super standard but the concept is. necro has heat wave > ep for ferrothorn, same reason nido has flamethrower. this team is weak to mega camerupt so just dont play vs that and itll be fine. i probably wont ever build a serious team w/o tapu bulu and hoopa for as long as i live so get used to that i guess. i rly don't like necrozma and would much rather it be stak but thats what the teambuilding comp asked for. anyway vote forme thanks

64+ SpA Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 240 HP / 188+ SpD Amoonguss: 270-320 (62.9 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - as much damage as possible w/o triggering the berry, this also kills marshadow

252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Necrozma: 330-393 (82.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 88 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 359-424 (83.6 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - avoids the kill from lele in grassy/not psychic terrain

yeah there are only 3 calcs say something about it pussy

If You Want (Necrozma) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 64 SpA / 88 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Trick Room
- Moonlight

Beef Then Bring (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Feint

The Ruckus (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Wu-Tang Clan (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 192 HP / 224 Atk / 92 Def
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Ain't Nothin (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Protect

To Fuck With (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Reactions: SMB

Necrozma @ Kasib Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Torkoal (M) @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

Scrafty (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Bronzong @ Psychium Z
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Gardevoir (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect

This team is a revision from my last entry with Stakataka. I felt that Bronzong was a more reliable Trick Room setter, and with Scrafty next to it, it is almost guaranteed to set up Trick Room. I corrected Necrozma's EVs to survive Marshadow's SSSSS (whereas it wasn't EV'd to do so last time), and I gave Torkoal a Charcoal so that Bronzong can use Psychium Z TR-Hypnosis strats. Zong also has Rocks cuz rocks are good.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesoususpecttest-675048096 Bronzong and Necrozma tank Marshadow's hits. Edit: LOL this was against miltankmilk.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesoususpecttest-675065926 Almost the exact same team, and against laptops.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesoususpecttest-675080349 Don't use P2.

Last edited:

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 8 Def / 92 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Roost

Stakataka @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 8 Def / 152 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 15 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
- Protect

Necrozma @ Kasib Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 32 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Morning Sun

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Bulldoze
- Solar Beam

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Nature's Madness

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sky Drop
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Started to build this with the core of weakness policy stakataka + bulldoze torkoal + morning sun necrozma; thanks to bulldoze on torkoal, when hitting your own stakataka you activate weakness policy and you don't need to get kills to boost your attack (also, that's why i don't care about running a nature and evs/ivs to get the attack boost with beast boost). CM necrozma is a really threatening mon and you don't even need to get many boost, most of the times just 1 CM is enough to start breaking opposing team, thanks to drought it's really hard to take it down since it's recovering 75% of its health every turn. Also, Torkoal deals with some steel types stakataka and necrozma have troubles dealing with. Tapu fini increases even more the longevity of the team thanks to heal pulse, and ice beam deals with ground types such us zygarde and lando (a water type move wouldn't make much sense on this team tbh). I wanted this to also work outside of trick room so dd mega salamence was the next mon, it helps with intimidate support and can clean teams once you have weakened them enough with the trick room mode. Thundurus-therian helps a lot when setting up trick room thanks to sky drop and it also hits bulky waters. Opted for focus blast instead of hp ice so I can have another move to hit steel types super effectively.

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Protect

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 244 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech

Necrozma @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power

Volcanion @ Mago Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 84 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Pretty simple and common-ish semiroom, I've seen a lot of people run something else on the celes slot. Celes outspeeds dd mence with tw up and does celesteela things. Leech seed misses or leech seed into a seeded slot powers up ground punch, though ground punch is definitely replaceable with wide guard or stone edge here. Volcanion outspeeds deo with tw up. Necrozma outspeeds 0 spe fini and bulu outspeeds deo with tw up + underspeeds 0 spe fini. Mence outspeeds max spe MGross (bad set, use adamant mgross). Fire blast on mence to chunk down mgross enough for other mons to clean afterwards. Main gameplan with the team is usually to set up an early TW/TR with mence/necro and wear stuff down, and then try to clean endgame with TR staka.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1513580424708.png
1513580485791.png
1513580496735.png
1513580510922.png
1513580527823.png
1513580547398.png

Mega Tyranitar teams desperately want answers to bulky Steel-types, but hate stacking Ground weaknesses. Using Necrozma as a "fake Heatran" or "fake Volcanion" solves this.

Necrozma @ Kasib Berry
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ally Switch

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 52 SpA / 80 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
The basic concept behind this team was that Mega Tyranitar teams desperately want answers to bulky Steel-types, but hate stacking Ground weaknesses. I wanted to use Necrozma as a "fake Heatran" or "fake Volcanion" to solve this, and given that the Mega Tyranitar naturally appreciates Scarf Tapu Lele, I saw an opportunity to give Necrozma a Psychic Terrain boost without the whole team feeling like a forced Psyspam gimmick. Kasib Berry stacks with Prism Armor to turn a would-be Ghost weakness into a psuedo-resistance, thereby leaving the Lele + Necrozma duo with zero common weaknesses despite sharing a common offensive typing that benefits from Psychic Terrain. I also tossed Ally Switch onto Necrozma as a secondary redirection tech to divert Fighting moves away from Mega Tyranitar. Use Protect over Ally Switch if you want though. The rest of this team is pretty standard Mega Tyranitar stuff.

talkingtree

large if factual
Voting time! Who do you feel most deserves to win this week? Pass them your vote and they'll be more likely to get their team added to the Hall of Fame. Just to reiterate, voting for yourself is NOT allowed.

laptops
n10sit
D-Striker
SMB
Nido-Rus
GenOne

Voting closes Wednesday, December 20th at noon EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)