Mama (Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

As soon as I saw that the Pokemon of the week was Azu, I knew I wanted to show everyone my CB Azu set. The EVs live Adamant Kang Double-Edge and Max SpA Sitrus Thund's Thunderbolt. Ferrothorn resists all of Azu's weaknesses and can take out the bulky Water-types Azu struggles with. Tailwind Mence adds Intimidate and a completes the Dragon-Fairy-Steel core of the team. Rotom-H serves as a back-up Thund check and it also beats Zard-Y as well as completing a Fire-Grass-Water core with Azu and Ferro. Conk gives priority and checks opposing Kangs and provides further bulk to the team. Bulky Protect Kang is a lord set and it wrecks under Tailwind.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a solid lead, Rain Bunnies by Level 51 and GreenGogoatttt wins this week! Congrats!

This week, we're going to build around Jellicent! It's known to have some good matchups against a good portion of the metagame, and it is quite useful for being able to provide nifty support options and Will-O-Wisp and Trick Room. Its longevity with its bulk and ability to heal itself with Recover is also something to look at. It is said to be a bit passive, however...

Deadline of building on Saturday GMT noon (or close to that :heart:)

Pringopoly Steels The Show

Predator (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Durian (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 174 Atk / 68 Def / 20 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Pringopoly (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 40 SpA / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Orochi (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatah (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

TheIron (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 144 Atk / 44 SpD / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

So this is a fun team that I made around Staraptor and Jellicent. Staraptor is one of the fastest Scarfers in the meta and it hits harder than Talonflame. It also has Intimidate to soften the blows to the rest of its team. I decided not to use Final Gambit since it causes you to miss out on cycling Intimidate infinitely and I also enjoy spamming Brave Bird. Non-TR Jellicent is the play and it also works surprisingly well. Shadow Ball hits Aegislash in Blade Forme and Leftovers lets Jelli sit on the field to burn stall Kang. Ferrothorn gives me a secondary Kang switchin and serves as a check to Fairy-types and Rain. Hydreigon provides raw Specially based power which allows it to rip thru a lot of teams. Earth Power hits Heatran, since Rotom-Heat covers Steel-types. Thunder Wave over Will-O since Jellicent carries it and I have Intimidate. Rotom also provides a Sleep Immunity and a Sun check. Finally, I decided to use Metagross as my Mega since it gives me a third Diancie check and also walls CM Cress and Terrakion.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 212 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpA
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 148 HP / 184 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

i complete fwg with amoonguss and heatran because it's the most natural thing to do. Volcanion stacks double waters and leaves you in awkward spots vs electrics and fires, while heatran actually resists so much more + takes hits better in general.

heatran is a steel so i also complete fairy/dragon/steal core with garde and hydreig which are top tier fairy / top tier dragon. we are missing intimidate so our bulky team benefits loads from the intimidate support.

Last edited:

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired
:D Now I get to show one of my Jellicent teams.

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 20 SpA / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 48 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Electroweb
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 148 HP / 184 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 176 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

So the idea behind a team like this is to try and win with the strong defensive pokemon of Jellicent and Ferrothorn. As teams usually only have a few ways to hit them effectively. Non-Tr Jellicent is effective because it means you are allowed a free move slot to use something like a second attack (ice beam/ shadowball) or protect. I've been liking the latter a lot lately as it gives the benefits of protect and can be often unexpected. Allowing certain double targets with attacks to fail. Hydreigion has good defensive synergy with the two and brings ways of beating volcanion, a levitate ability and strong offensive presence. Rotom-H brings fire coverage, electric typing and speed control. I'd prefer twave but due to Jellicent really wanting to burn everything, electro web is a speed control compromise. Assvest Landorus-T and Mega Kangaskhan helped to add intimidate and more offence to the rather defensive team.

I've watched the DOU Teambuilding for a decent while but I've never partaken in it before. Here goes nothing (no apologies for the terrible nicknames).

Papa Smooth (Jellicent) (M) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

The Boulder (Diancie) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Atk / 208 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Spicy Horse (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Limpkin Bizkit (Scrafty) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Sock Doggo (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Beam

Mr. Vegetal (Gourgeist-Super) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed

The main idea behind this team is overwhelm your opponent with options to set up Trick Room and then try and hit everything really hard until it dies or Gourgeist can wall it consistently. Jellicent is a Fake Out immunity, can cripple physical threats with Will-O-Wisp and Hydro Pump really helps the teams Diancie match up. Camerupt very much appreciates Jellicent's water immunity and in Trick Room is hits like a truck. STAB moves are grossly strong and Ancient Power lets it hit Zard-Y to improve sun match up or get +1 Boosts on every stat every time you click it and just win the game by being that good. Weakness Policy Diancie is powerful and exploits a lot of the pokemon that try and hit Camerupt as well as helping take out most common Flying (especially Talonflame) and Dragon types which can be a bit of a menace. Scrafty's Intimidate makes Pokemon like Landorus-T weaker so Jellicent and Diancie can exploit it better and Fake Out helps set up Trick Room more consistently. It hasn't really gotten statused too much in my time using the team so Sitrus Berry is way more convenient than Lum for letting it live and get off more Fake Outs and Intimidates if it switches out. Sylveon clicks Hyper Voice every time you send it out unless its the last turn and you want to use Hyper Beam to style on your opponent and show them how powerful you are. Hidden Power Ground helps with Heatran but Camerupt, Jellicent and Scrafty generally beat that for you. Gourgeist helps wall things like Landorus-T and Kangaskhan and is just obnoxious to deal with. Will-O-Wisp lets it live hits and Leech Seed keeps it healthy. Dark Types are threatened by Sylveon and Scrafty (and often Camerupt) which lets it hang around more and generally lets me win late game by stalling big threats out. Plus Gourgeist is fun to use and gives the team some much needed heat.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Y'all know the drill, just post the name of the guy you're voting for B)

Dragon_Lord_Rayko
marilli
FloristtheBudew
Psijguy

Dealine of voting on Monday GMT noon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)