Doubles Teambuilding Workshop Sessions - (SEE POST 139)

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pocket really needs to be more efficient at sensing trolls; all the other tier leaders are trolls themselves

Also I agree with Pwnemon, we should build a team around sub + wow mega gengar becuz it's a bitch sometimes. such wow

I'm basically going to build off anty's post (sorry for stealing your thunder bro :<) with a less common Lucario-Mega set that some of you may be familiar with:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 172 Atk / 80 SpA / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Protect

I have never truly found set-up based Lucario sets good in this format due to how common Scarf Landorus-T is. This set is built to work around Landorus-T a bit more efficiently. Substitute allows Lucario-Mega to essentially "protect" itself from one Lando-T Earthquake while Flash Cannon can 2HKO 252 / 28 Landorus-T (and anything lower than that; so basically it 2HKOs every non-AV Lando-T), allowing Luke to get off solid damage. You may ask why we don't just run Aura Sphere over CC. The reason for this is simple: CC is far more powerful than Aura Sphere, allowing Luke to net guarenteed OHKOs on things like SubTran and 252 HP MKanga, and do a ton to Rotom-W that often carry heavier special bulk (even though they shouldn't in many cases but more on that later :p).

As per the spread, 8 HP allows Luke to have 3 HP remaining after using Substitute 4 times (you could just not invest and stick with 1 HP remaining; I'm just a perfectionist so there we have it). 80 SpA allows Flash Cannon to always 2HKO 4 HP Latios, allowing you to potentially hit it on the switch and then threaten to KO it the following turn, among other things. The speed investment beats positive natured base 111's like Tornadus and Thundurus, though if you are concerned about Lucario mirrors (which I am obviously not) you could just go with max speed investment. Remaining EVs packed into Attack to maximized Lucario's combat abilities ;)

~Summary~
Basically this set can really take advantage of (and punish) a lot of very common threats in the metagame, and works well on various types of teams. This makes it a very flexible and effective starting point for the team at hand.

(everyone on the ps room wanted this)

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Curse
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect

I present to you Curse Mega Tyranitar, with a meta that is sorta rock weak tyranitar can deal huge damage with rock slide with his huge 164 base attack and with +1 defense and his godlike bulk he will take hits for days and deal huge amounts of damage with +1 rock slides.He should be paired up with togekiss for that follow me support or with a TR setter so he can deal huge amount of damage and still move first.

PS: Vote for Curse mega T-tar and not Quagsire :)

pwne edit: by everyone on the ps room he means i suggested it but had already submitted something

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for Infernape.

BARN MONKEY (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Protect

This Pokemon is really special. I like pairing it Mega Kangaskhan to Encore any Pokemon that uses Protect first turn to ward off Fake Out. The EV's and item allow it to OHKO 252/4 Aegislash 100% of the the time, and the Mongols can Sucker Punch any fast Psychic-type Pokémon that normally counters Infernape (such as Lati@). Encore also works on Tailwind teams or against anything else with Fake Out. Infernape can also OHKO 252/0 Mega Kangaskhan with Close Combat 100% of the time, assuming they don't have Intimidate, and Infernape serves as a dedicated counter to Bisharp. I would love to see what the community can do with this.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I vote for Infernape.

BARN MONKEY (Infernape) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Protect

This Pokemon is really special. I like pairing it Mega Kangaskhan to Encore any Pokemon that uses Protect first turn to ward off Fake Out. The EV's and item allow it to OHKO 252/4 Aegislash 100% of the the time, and the Mongols can Sucker Punch any fast Psychic-type Pokémon that normally counters Infernape (such as Lati@). Encore also works on Tailwind teams or against anything else with Fake Out. Infernape can also OHKO 252/0 Mega Kangaskhan with Close Combat 100% of the time, assuming they don't have Intimidate, and Infernape serves as a dedicated counter to Bisharp. I would love to see what the community can do with this.
have you considered srk1214 's spread
"Encore is the way to go!

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Quick Guard
-Close Combat
-Fire Blast
-Encore

This gives us a fast Quick Guard for Kangaskhan. It also gives us yet another way to donk Kangaskhan other than what we already have (I'm paranoid). Keldeo and Terrakion are more common as fast Fighting types with Quick Guard, but Infernape is the best bet in this case for being able to use Encore on the Subs, Protects, King's Shields, and Fake Outs. It also can hit Aeg harder than Keldeo or Terrakion can.

20 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 354-421 (100.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 93-109 (31.7 - 37.2%)

20 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 354-421 (79 - 93.9%)
236 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 281-330 (86.7 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
(^conveniently combines with 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Feint vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 25-30 (7.7 - 9.2%) to offer a very good chance at getting the KO that way through King's Shield if we want it.)

Since Kyu-B is already dealt with pretty well by Conkeldurr, I decided to focus more on Aeg, which meant going for Special Attacking prowess. Luckily, since the Kanga spread being used is fast, rather than bulk, we can still OHKO it with Close Combat with only 20 Atk EVs and Life Orb. Kyu-b gets donked pretty hard too. Encore can screw all 3 of the opponent's mons over, as mentioned above. Quick Guard will also provide some backdoor protection against Talonflame and Thundurus, among others.

Plz comment on the set. I feel Protect over Quick Guard might be better, but then Talonflame is a huge threat to the team."
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-fight-1-0-nollan.3503167/page-5#post-5414941

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Closing submissions now, get your votes in for one of the bellow =]

Mega Gengar
Mega Charizard X
Mega Lucario
Heart Swap + Tailglow Manaphy
Mega Gyarados
Rock Slide Deoxys-A
Curse Mega Tyranitar
Infernape

Electrolyte, please change the title of the thread to reflect we are in the voting stage.

Voting Manaphy n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)