Doubles Ubers

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
wow we're on the second page, what a mile stone.

hitmontop is decently good in DUbers, take a look at Killian's sample team.

y does this thread still exist now that VGC 16 is here. we are going to be completely overshadowed by the tremendously larger player base of VGC. if it were up to me, I'd delete it. I believe there is little more exploration to be done in this OM.
Doubles Ubers and VGC 2016 are two very different metagames due to the restriction clause in VGC. I don't really think we can just close this thread because VGC gets more popularity as this is an "Official" metagame in Smogon. Smogon Doubles has never been exactly like VGC.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
it's just that I feel like this meta is going no where, it's just really a matter of time before it's completely forgotten and obsolete. the only reason it has been revived ever, ever so slightly is because of VGC.

I want Atago to sit on me

average seiyuu enjoyer
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm new to this and here is a sample team for DUbers (peaked as #1)
Arceus - Dragon (Arceus) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psych Up
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
Meowstic @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Confide
- Charm
- Role Play
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Fake Out
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 16 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide
- Protect
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Grass Knot
Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Welcome to the Smogon Doubles Ubers Viability Rankings post. The thread is open to discussion and if you can make a great post about why something should have a different rank then I'll make the change! Please don't bandwagon posts. Thanks to unfixable for the vrankings in the old thread!

Tier One
Pokemon that have a good matchup vs a large portion of the metagame, are either quite powerful or offer great team support, and can fit on almost any team. You can't really go wrong by using these Pokemon.
Primal Groudon
Mega Rayquaza
Xerneas

Tier One and a Half
Pokemon that are generally strong, but can be dead weight in some matchups, don't have great matchups vs a lot of Tier 1, or are only particularly useful for checking a certain team style.
Arceus
Arceus-Steel
Dialga
Ho-oh
Latios
Mega Kangaskhan
Primal Kyogre

Tier Two
Pokemon which, while good, only fit on a specific team style or require heavy support.

Aegislash
Amoonguss
Arceus-Ghost
Giratina Altered
Kyurem-White
Landorus-Therian
Mega Mawile
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Thundurus Incarnate

Tier Three
Pokemon who can hold their own in the meta game and fit well on certain teams due to their unique match ups, but are not broadly usable for one reason or another.
Arceus-Dark
Arceus-Fairy
Arceus-Poison
Cresselia
Deoxys-Attack
Ferrothorn
Genesect
Hitmontop
Jirachi
Klefki
Mega Diancie
Rayquaza
Shaymin-Sky
Weavile
Whimsicott
Yveltal
Zekrom

Outclassed Tier
These Pokemon may seem viable, but you're best off using another Pokemon that acts as a more viable version of the Pokemon in this tier.
Kyurem-B (outclassed by Kyurem-W)
Latias (Outclassed by Latios)
Mega Salamence (Outclassed by Mega Rayquaza)
I think ghostceus should be in tier one and a half, so is mega ray. Latios should be in tier two coz it can be killed bysucker punch.

• Yeah Tailwind is solid. You don't need it.
  • Use this
    • 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Dialga: 338-402 (83.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Cress is pretty much a do nothing TR setter, you get up TR and then you have to waste a turn switching or clicking psyshock for like 6 damage. If you want to run healing wish that sounds OK but then you pretty much need to click it turn 1. The other setters can all be made to set TR in certain situations (Arc Ghost for Fake Out, Mental Herb Dialga/Palkia for Taunt etc) and still be offensive afterwards. If you pick your TR setter based on the ability of that mon to take 1 hit and set TR then you might as well use Sash Hypno. It will do just as much as cress once TR is up but it'll get out of the way faster.
Tbh cress can do more than that. It can use helping hand to deal a greater damage. Also, safeguard can prevent stuff like swagger or twave etc. so she isnt really useless. I prefer moonblast coz it can also lower spAtk, even tho psyshock has STAB.

it's just that I feel like this meta is going no where, it's just really a matter of time before it's completely forgotten and obsolete. the only reason it has been revived ever, ever so slightly is because of VGC.
Not really but yea .. Ppl find this tier difficult coz I keep sweeping their teams with alts ^
Jk not really .. So I wonder if i can battle u sometimes.
DUbers is an interesting tier tbh, dunno what is wrong with those ppl

Arcticblast edit: please don't multi-post!

Last edited by a moderator:

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
So I wonder if i can battle u sometimes.
A series of rather mediocre battles:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesubers-296114226
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesubers-297615652

DUbers is an interesting tier tbh, dunno what is wrong with those ppl
My rant a little while ago was because of frustration with...
  • the tiny player base
  • the ridiculous skill gap
  • the over centralization of pdon and xerneas
  • the viability rankings
  • the meta isn't going anywhere, as in there's really no more exploration to be done
DUbers is v fun when you first get into it, but it gets boring quickly once you realize you can dunk on 4/5 ladder players by clicking Geomancy

A series of rather mediocre battles:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesubers-296114226
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesubers-297615652

My rant a little while ago was because of frustration with...
  • the tiny player base
  • the ridiculous skill gap
  • the over centralization of pdon and xerneas
  • the viability rankings
  • the meta isn't going anywhere, as in there's really no more exploration to be done
DUbers is v fun when you first get into it, but it gets boring quickly once you realize you can dunk on 4/5 ladder players by clicking Geomancy
The remaining fifth gets pwnd by encore whimsi :pimp: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesubers-262993041

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Idk why I'm bothering even doing this but w/e.

I'd like to nom Mega Mence to tier 2 or at least tier 3. It is not outclassed by Mega Ray. Its faster than Ray so it can cleanly KO it, it has Intimidate, and also can provide Tailwind support for a Primal in the back.

I'd like to nom Ferrothorn to tier 2. It has a good mix of offenses and defenses, and can deal with both POgre and Xern nicely. Also Lefties + Leech Seed is hella good.

I'd like to nom Talonflame to tier 2 or at least tier 3. Priority Tailwind and Quick Guard allow to support teammates well. It pairs p well with Water Spout POgre since it can kill Grass-types and set Tailwind for a sweep.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Idk why I'm bothering even doing this but w/e.

I'd like to nom Mega Mence to tier 2 or at least tier 3. It is not outclassed by Mega Ray. Its faster than Ray so it can cleanly KO it, it has Intimidate, and also can provide Tailwind support for a Primal in the back.

I'd like to nom Ferrothorn to tier 2. It has a good mix of offenses and defenses, and can deal with both POgre and Xern nicely. Also Lefties + Leech Seed is hella good.

I'd like to nom Talonflame to tier 2 or at least tier 3. Priority Tailwind and Quick Guard allow to support teammates well. It pairs p well with Water Spout POgre since it can kill Grass-types and set Tailwind for a sweep.
All of these belong in tier 3, except for maybe mence. A well supported ferrothorn just wins in the late game against a lot of teams, and talonflame provides a lot of support with tailwind and its ability to clean things up in the late game. It still has a large damage output, even in this bulky metagame. Mence is iffy, it's still strong AF and fast, but the presence of things like dialga/ogre trick room make me not want to nom it to 3. I see the argument for it though, I'd like to hear other opinions.

PS THIS METAGAME IS NOT DEAD PUT IT IN DPL 2K16

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
All of these belong in tier 3, except for maybe mence. A well supported ferrothorn just wins in the late game against a lot of teams, and talonflame provides a lot of support with tailwind and its ability to clean things up in the late game. It still has a large damage output, even in this bulky metagame. Mence is iffy, it's still strong AF and fast, but the presence of things like dialga/ogre trick room make me not want to nom it to 3. I see the argument for it though, I'd like to hear other opinions.

PS THIS METAGAME IS NOT DEAD PUT IT IN DPL 2K16
Idrk where you're coming from on Ferrothorn, first you say it belongs in tier 3 but then say why its good. Its already in tier 3 bruh.
Yeah Talon prolly belongs in 3.
Mence belongs in 2 I think, for reasons already stated above. If you take a look at all the other tier 3 mons you can see how its leagues ahead of most of them in terms of utility and power.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I thought ferrothorn was unranked, I'm a clear-cut doofus. I think it's fine where it is though, it's very matchup specific. Mence belongs in 3 though, while it may be better than shaymin or gene (why the fuck is genesect ranked btw) it doesn't belong in tier 2 with tier 2 mons.

Social - it's not about mence being objectively "better" than Ray in vgc (although mence is a decent Ray check if it's not sash) - it's more about how building around Ray effects team composition, since it takes up both an über and mega slot. Here, you can use as many ubers as you want, so it's different.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Definition of a tier 3 mon: Pokemon who can hold their own in the meta game and fit well on certain teams due to their unique match ups, but are not broadly usable for one reason or another.

How are Ferrothorn and Salamence not broadly usable? Once Ferrothorn's checks are removed, it can just stall out the rest of your opponents team. Salamence has Intimidate and TWind, as well as great speed and power.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Ferrothorn is threatened out by and can do very little to Primal Groudon, one of the most common mons in the format. Not only this, but its great defenses are only passable in a format with attackers like LO Mega Ray: 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Ferrothorn: 242-286 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Mega Salamence is difficult to justify when you have access to Mega Ray and Mega Kang, and is only really the best choice on a few teams due to the number of overlaps it shares with those two.

Both mons are decent choices in the format (like Mega Zard X in DOU), but they're fine in 3 imo.

I have been trying out this tier and I must say it is very enjoyable. I'd like to share a few ideas/opinions:

I think Ferrothorn is probably the BEST Steel-type in the format (not to say others are bad, I simply think it is the most usable on almost any team). Since I have seen (basically just above me) that people argue it is tier 3, I will explain why I think it is good.

Firstly, while you argue Groudon-P beats it, if you have Heavy Rain from Kyogre-P out (which is a perfect partner for Ferro), Ferro beats Groudon-Primal in many 2 v 2 situations (252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 163-193 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) by using Tect + leftovers + Leech Seed, the very combo that makes it annoying as hell to beat. Sure, it takes a lot of damage from legendary moves, but it has key strengths such as helping in Ogre dittos (or just against opposing Kyogre on any team), being fairly difficult for Trick Room teams to combat (which makes it useful on the common Tailwind teams), and checking the mighty wizard Xerneas.

Additionally, it actually beats non-Overheat/V-create Rayquaza-M 1 v 1 if they are both at max since a Sash set will take Iron Barbs if it Dragon Ascents and:

200+ Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 309-364 (88.5 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (after Iron Barbs you get a guaranteed OHKO with Gyro Ball if you use this investment)

That sort of investment should be fine given you should be running any remaining EVs in SpD given the physical bulk really isn't necessary to live any notable moves in the format (Khan Low Kick cannot OHKO a simple 252 HP spread and Fighting-types are not that common in the format). Add on that it checks Kyogre-Primal (who imo is underrated) and Xerneas and this should have no business being tier 3. I personally think it is a tier 1.5 mon, but it should at LEAST be tier 2. As far as I'm concerned it does what a Steel-type is supposed to do in the format, and having a Grass-type that doesn't die to the typical Mega Ray set is amazing. Like why even is Arceus-Steel in tier 1.5 and Ferro in tier 3 when the one thing Steels are here for is OP Xern, and Ferrothorn beats it and another big threat in Kyogre-P? Also keep in mind if I use Ferro instead of Arceus-Steel, I can use another Arceus form that is better such as Arceus-Ghost (which I agree with The Cheesen One in that it should be tier 1.5) or just normal EKiller Arceus. At this point if you still disagree that it should be higher you either haven't used it or don't know how to use it. As for consistency, there is literally no reason to not use Xerneas in the metagame, meaning even if it isn't spectacularly splendid when Xern isn't around, it is well worth being there simply because you don't have to worry about Xerneas nearly as much. In practice, it does fine against teams w/o Xern or Kyogre as well, being a switch in to many physical attackers (including MKhan which is the second most common Mega), and being amazing late game against almost any team due to Leech Seed stalling.

Speaking of Arceus forms, Arceus-Ground is great for dealing heavy damage Groudon-P and many Steel-types. Here is a set that I am using:

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: Max SpA and you can invest in bulk + speed however you wish
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Some calcs to go with this monster:

252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 444-524 (109.9 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (OHKOes up to 252 HP 88 SpD investment 100% of the time)
252+ SpA Arceus-Ground Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 226-268 (64.7 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (if Ray uses Dragon Ascent and is at -1 you OHKO 81.3% of the time)
252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 288-338 (88.8 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 348-410 (78.3 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Honestly you have a Pokemon that beats Primal Groudon, obliterates Steel-types, and has Tailwind support. This thing is a GREAT partner for Xerneas, Primal Kyogre teams, and others. Not to mention Ground + Ice coverage is well known for being excellent.

You can also run Gravity over Tailwind if that is your cup of tea, which means Ho-oh is no longer safe (and it is otherwise the safest switch in), and if you do, Blizzard is an option over Ice Beam.

Other less large opinions/ideas:
  • Kyogre-Primal should be tier 1, while I understand the issues of it in VGC due to the limited "Uber" slots, there is no such thing here, and it hits like a truck full of 50 tons of TNT
  • Yveltal should be tier 1.5 since it has Dark Aura friggin Foul Play and by far the strongest Sucker Punch in the game. Also has Tailwind and Oblivion Wing heals mad amounts of damage.
  • I agree Latios should be tier 2 because max HP Groudon-P lives Draco Meteor, Rayquaza-M beats it 1 vs 1, and it flat out loses to Xerneas, who imo is the closest thing to "tier 0" that this format possesses. I know Soul Dew is a wonderful item, but it is definitely over-hyped here. Additionally, Yveltal can perform the hard hitting Tailwind support role better than Latios imo due to Flying / Dark being a better typing and it having Oblivion Wing which can extend its longevity.
  • I do not think Salamence-Mega is better than MRay simply because there aren't limited slots in this metagame like in VGC 16, where using a Mega and an "Uber" slot simultaneously is simply very limiting towards your team's strength. This being said, it still can perform the VGC '16 role of being a Ray check (watch out for Sash however) in this metagame.
  • The Cheesen One I think you should try Safeguard + Swagger Meowstic on your team over the meowstic you have, given it protects you from status moves and allows you to Swagger your Groudon-P or Mega Khan if given the opportunity which is very nice. I also am curious as to why you picked Arceus-Dragon to be the Arceus form (it just seems to me like using a Psych Up mon that doesn't struggle against opposing Xerneas would be a more logical option).
This is all I have really observed for now, will continue to investigate this metagame in the future :)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I've been playing around with that Arceus-Ground set and Nollan is not exaggerating that thing is great.

Also, here's a core I've been messing around with that has surpassed my greatest expectations. I think Crobat might be Tier 3 in this format tbh

Mega Ray is a beast, sure, but one of its biggest concerns is Xerneas, which outspeeds and OHKOs it once it has its Geo boost. Enter Crobat, who resists Fairy and has Haze to remove those carefully attained boosts! This is especially nice because their Power Herb will be consumed and so they can't just boost back up. Not only that, but this Crobat set outspeeds all Arceus formes and Hazes away their boosts as well, after dissuading them from using ESpeed with Quick Guard. The Mega Ray set operates quite well with Crobat, since Crobat can remove any drops attained from Dragon Ascent or V-Create, and knocks things into KO range with Super Fang. Try it out sometime, it's not the most reliable thing out there but it's certainly good for a quick surprise (to anyone who doesn't play VGC). You can boost Crobat's speed higher than I have here up to 384 (216 EVs), so that it outruns Weavile and can protect from that Fake Out with Quick Guard, but since it has Inner Focus already I didn't find that necessary and preferred to invest in more bulk.

EDIT @below: yeah, it bypasses both Protect and subs, making it especially helpful. The only way to avoid it is switching out, which removes your boosts anyway.

Crobat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Super Fang
- Quick Guard
- Haze
- Tailwind

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Protect

I want Atago to sit on me

average seiyuu enjoyer
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have been trying out this tier and I must say it is very enjoyable. I'd like to share a few ideas/opinions:

I think Ferrothorn is probably the BEST Steel-type in the format (not to say others are bad, I simply think it is the most usable on almost any team). Since I have seen (basically just above me) that people argue it is tier 3, I will explain why I think it is good.

Firstly, while you argue Groudon-P beats it, if you have Heavy Rain from Kyogre-P out (which is a perfect partner for Ferro), Ferro beats Groudon-Primal in many 2 v 2 situations (252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 163-193 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) by using Tect + leftovers + Leech Seed, the very combo that makes it annoying as hell to beat. Sure, it takes a lot of damage from legendary moves, but it has key strengths such as helping in Ogre dittos (or just against opposing Kyogre on any team), being fairly difficult for Trick Room teams to combat (which makes it useful on the common Tailwind teams), and checking the mighty wizard Xerneas.

Additionally, it actually beats non-Overheat/V-create Rayquaza-M 1 v 1 if they are both at max since a Sash set will take Iron Barbs if it Dragon Ascents and:

200+ Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 309-364 (88.5 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (after Iron Barbs you get a guaranteed OHKO with Gyro Ball if you use this investment)

That sort of investment should be fine given you should be running any remaining EVs in SpD given the physical bulk really isn't necessary to live any notable moves in the format (Khan Low Kick cannot OHKO a simple 252 HP spread and Fighting-types are not that common in the format). Add on that it checks Kyogre-Primal (who imo is underrated) and Xerneas and this should have no business being tier 3. I personally think it is a tier 1.5 mon, but it should at LEAST be tier 2. As far as I'm concerned it does what a Steel-type is supposed to do in the format, and having a Grass-type that doesn't die to the typical Mega Ray set is amazing. Like why even is Arceus-Steel in tier 1.5 and Ferro in tier 3 when the one thing Steels are here for is OP Xern, and Ferrothorn beats it and another big threat in Kyogre-P? Also keep in mind if I use Ferro instead of Arceus-Steel, I can use another Arceus form that is better such as Arceus-Ghost (which I agree with The Cheesen One in that it should be tier 1.5) or just normal EKiller Arceus. At this point if you still disagree that it should be higher you either haven't used it or don't know how to use it. As for consistency, there is literally no reason to not use Xerneas in the metagame, meaning even if it isn't spectacularly splendid when Xern isn't around, it is well worth being there simply because you don't have to worry about Xerneas nearly as much. In practice, it does fine against teams w/o Xern or Kyogre as well, being a switch in to many physical attackers (including MKhan which is the second most common Mega), and being amazing late game against almost any team due to Leech Seed stalling.

Speaking of Arceus forms, Arceus-Ground is great for dealing heavy damage Groudon-P and many Steel-types. Here is a set that I am using:

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: Max SpA and you can invest in bulk + speed however you wish
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Some calcs to go with this monster:

252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 444-524 (109.9 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (OHKOes up to 252 HP 88 SpD investment 100% of the time)
252+ SpA Arceus-Ground Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 226-268 (64.7 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (if Ray uses Dragon Ascent and is at -1 you OHKO 81.3% of the time)
252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 288-338 (88.8 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 348-410 (78.3 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Honestly you have a Pokemon that beats Primal Groudon, obliterates Steel-types, and has Tailwind support. This thing is a GREAT partner for Xerneas, Primal Kyogre teams, and others. Not to mention Ground + Ice coverage is well known for being excellent.

You can also run Gravity over Tailwind if that is your cup of tea, which means Ho-oh is no longer safe (and it is otherwise the safest switch in), and if you do, Blizzard is an option over Ice Beam.

Other less large opinions/ideas:
  • Kyogre-Primal should be tier 1, while I understand the issues of it in VGC due to the limited "Uber" slots, there is no such thing here, and it hits like a truck full of 50 tons of TNT
  • Yveltal should be tier 1.5 since it has Dark Aura friggin Foul Play and by far the strongest Sucker Punch in the game. Also has Tailwind and Oblivion Wing heals mad amounts of damage.
  • I agree Latios should be tier 2 because max HP Groudon-P lives Draco Meteor, Rayquaza-M beats it 1 vs 1, and it flat out loses to Xerneas, who imo is the closest thing to "tier 0" that this format possesses. I know Soul Dew is a wonderful item, but it is definitely over-hyped here. Additionally, Yveltal can perform the hard hitting Tailwind support role better than Latios imo due to Flying / Dark being a better typing and it having Oblivion Wing which can extend its longevity.
  • I do not think Salamence-Mega is better than MRay simply because there aren't limited slots in this metagame like in VGC 16, where using a Mega and an "Uber" slot simultaneously is simply very limiting towards your team's strength. This being said, it still can perform the VGC '16 role of being a Ray check (watch out for Sash however) in this metagame.
  • The Cheesen One I think you should try Safeguard + Swagger Meowstic on your team over the meowstic you have, given it protects you from status moves and allows you to Swagger your Groudon-P or Mega Khan if given the opportunity which is very nice. I also am curious as to why you picked Arceus-Dragon to be the Arceus form (it just seems to me like using a Psych Up mon that doesn't struggle against opposing Xerneas would be a more logical option).
This is all I have really observed for now, will continue to investigate this metagame in the future :)
Well I DID use safeguard meowstic but I dont like swagger coz it's kinda dangerous. Also, meowstic with quick guard safeguard charm fake out is good enough imo but idc coz I dont use it anymore :p
Btw, I ONLY name it Arceus - Dragon so I can prank ppl coz that's actually ghost type :p
Anyway the idea is pretty cool with swagger but I prefer TR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)