Doubles Viability Rankings (C- Votes if u care lol)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Cresselia in A or S rank?

I feel more strongly about this than any other. A Rank. Cress's major fall is thanks to the rise in substitute users, which frankly don't give two shits about whatever Cress can do. Icy Wind? Thunder Wave? Helping Hand? All useless. And the big kicker is how hard of a time support cress has busting subs on its common users. The only role I feel comfortable using it in is OTR, but the thing has no recovery and can only usually set once. That can turn the tables yes but YOU CANNOT HONESTLY TELL ME that cress in this meta is as good as kang, better than thundurus or even better than latios or gyara or cube.

Thundurus rising to S?

No.
It's not quite as good as it was last gen; the meta is overall less likely to cry in a corner when it gets paralyzed. Strong STAB electric is still great but the offensive set doesnt really like the 30% chance (80% if edge) to lose to landorus-t. Defensive set isnt what it used to be now that electrics can dong on it.

Charizard falling to A?

No.
Charizard is still one of the most powerful Pokemon in the metagame, it has good resists, and X is sorely underrated as well for its ability to set up on most usual Y counters (rotom-h being the main one that comes to mind) and being a burn-immune physical attacker who eats the most common FM/RP users for breakfast. Unequivocally better than the things in A+ rank.

Hitmontop dropping to B rank?

Yes.
Fake out ain't what it's cracked up to be unless it's backed up by actual power, and very little in this metagame is actually fighting-weak. Top's main goal last gen, generating momentum, it's really terrible at now. Do u honest think this pooper is better than rotom-h, or sylveon, or gardevoir??? if so ur bad.

Scrafty dropping to B rank?

Abstain.
This call isnt as easy to make as Top because Scrafty can actually do more; for one it gets knock off, for two it has much higher bulk. It's actually a good Landorus switchin, unlike Top. And things don't switch into it as easily as they do Top. But I'm still not sure that that's better than Rotom-H. We'll see.

Gothitelle rising to C rank?

Yes.
trapping is pretty legit and goth can do it without using your mega. definitely a niche worthy of greninja-tier.

Ampharos rising to B rank?

No.
Word of the day with Amph is "competition." Theres so many dragons and electrics that can do basically exactly what it do without being Mega. Yes it's the only thing that is both dragon and electric. But that's not worth it; dragon/electric isn't unstoppable enough of a typing to have to smash together instead of doing something like thund/cube or latios/manectric.

Aerodactyl rising to B rank?

Abstain.
Dont really know anything about aero tbqh.

Milotic being added to C rank?

Yes.
Life orb +2 hydro pump is v scary even from mediocre SpA. Ice/Water is good enough two move coverage that you can run like, swag and protect or something in the last two slots. Or HP Elec / Protect. idc.

Gardevoir rising to A rank?

Yes. Honestly Gardevoir is terrifying if you have no (non-Bisharp) steels as it can tank special attacks and most Pokemon faster than it are Special Attackers. The few physical attackers (scarf landorus, terrakion) dont want to switch in and have a very hard time OHKOing. I've changed my tune on this after I stopped using a defensive steel every match and now think it definitely deserves A.

Mew rising to A rank?

No. It's good in its niche, but the niche is still niche. Unless I see popular mews being used for more than Transform, it's B.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A, loses momentum too easily on most teams. A very reliable Trick Room user due to its bulk, but honestly it's not too much beyond that. Too much of its decent moves are about Speed control, which just doesn't matter nearly as often as you'd like. You're almost forced to run HP Ground to not suck vs Heatran, but HP Ground is very easily exploited by the opponent due to how piss weak it is against everything else.

Thundurus rising to S?
No. I don't even know how anyone could consider it S :/

Charizard falling to A?

No. Strong af and drastically impacts the face of the whole tier.

No. This vote is essentially a referendum on Fake Out, and any team without Mega Kanga has to look SOMEWHERE. These are the two best.

No. This vote is essentially a referendum on Fake Out, and any team without Mega Kanga has to look SOMEWHERE. These are the two best.

Yeah that's fine. It's kinda annoying if you get the wrong matchup.

No. Only viable on Trick Room teams, unlike many other Pokemon who can also function as reliable checks to Trick Room on non-TR teams while also fulfilling other roles like Rhyperior, Sylveon, or Escavalier. It's almost certainly passable on non-TR teams (not that I've tried it), but I'm hard pressed to guess why I'd ever use it over Latios or Kyu-B, or even Goodra.

Yes. Rock Slide, Wide Guard, Tailwind, and Sky Drop are all very cool and it's got some neat coverage moves.

Yes. Easily. Could even be B.

No. Too physically frail to reliably thrive in a meta with Brave Birds, Sucker Punches, and Bullet Punches. Ultimately, most times I'd want to use Gardevoir, I'd rather use Sylveon + MKanga (or some other Mega). Yes, the Psychic STAB is nice, but it's not enough imo.

Mew rising to A rank?

Abstain. I'm on the fence. It's a bit better than most people give it credit, but it's also not nearly as good as Haruno's hype.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Cresselia has seemed to fallen off the earth this gen, it's not nearly used as much as it was last tho it's still very good at what it does. With the buff to Dark/Ghost-types I feel like Cress has taken a minor hit. It's still a very good Pokemon and it's offensive set isn't as bad as some people say it is, but I would agree with a drop to A for Her

Thundurus rising to S?

Yes 1000 times over.
In my opinion Thundurus has always been S rank. It's very bulky and amazing at what it does. It doesn't need any help in doing it's job and is in my opinion one of the most dominant Pokemon in the tier. It can cripple 50% of a team with barely doing anything and i think it's crazy this mon hasn't been in s rank the entire time.

Charizard falling to A?

Disagree with this one.
Zard is still amazing even tho it isn't used as much as it was before. Still a power house that can win weather wars with little help and it can still hit both opponents for major damage outside of Heatran.

Disagree.
One of the best support Pokemon in the tier regardless of whatever argument laga has posted. Intimidate, Fake Out, Guard Moves, Feint, and it can still hit decently hard. Keep it where it is

Disagree.
Not as many options as the former, but still good. Better on Trick Room than Hitmontop is as well + it has better typing

Agree + it should be B rank .
Someone has already mentioned that goth has the ability to trap without using having to use your Mega. It can set up Trick Room arguably better than nearly any mon in the tier bar Cresselia and it has a plethora of interesting support moves like Tickle and Charm. Your opponent can't really do anything about it when they're trapped. Gothitelle is easily one of the most underrated and under used Pokemon in the tier and im not just saying this because Sejun. Goth has had an outbreak in vgc as of late and is no worse in Doubles.

Abstain

Agree.
Aero has many interesting support options that people never really use. Tail Wind, Wide Guard, Sky Drop, and it hits kind of hard. It also has a combination of typing shared with only one other Pokemon. I'd say B rank is fine for aero burd

Agree.
It may not be the best mon but vinc is right it has a niche. I've seen lohgock use it quite effectively and it's got natural bulk to help with it's boosts from competitive.

Agree
. Fairy typing is amazing, Hyper Voice is amazing, and if you're creative enough you can play around with Ally Switch to confused your opponent. Gardevoir in general is a very good mon that should probably see more usage in this tier

Mew rising to A rank?

Disagree
- I have yet to see it used properly, the only time it's ever used is one Kanga or Azu gimmick teams

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?

A rank. Cress is very good with it's bulk, yet it's just not S rank material. It is very good as a trick room setter upper, and a few other jobs. It is still good, yet not S rank good. Especially with the buffs of both dark and ghost, as well as the more common use of some of the megas, including scizor.

Thundurus rising to S?

Agree.
Thundurus surely has left it's mark this generation. It has the ability to both paralyze sweeping mons reliably, and kill mons very reliably. It may not take a hit as easily, yet Thundurus does it's job, and does it very well. It can be placed on almost any team, and work well. It can be partnered well with almost anyone, and even has the ability to dodge EQ, for teammate scarf or band spam EQ. So basically, does it's job well, and partners with anything perfectly.
Charizard falling to A?

Disagree.
Charizard deserves it's spot on the S rank. It does use a mega slot to be able to be used effectively, yet it uses it well, and wisely. It does have either Y or X, so the other person needs to add that in their things to consider. Zard Y doesn't need any support at all, and supports other mons very well. I can't say for Zard X supporting mons, yet i can say it does not need any itself. So no, it is perfect where it is.

Disagree.
With it's defenses, it can support any mon easily, allowing for anything from Setting up a Swords Dance, or any move like that. It is the perfect support mon, it can't get any better. The ability intimidate, with more than enough moves to come in, drop the attack stat of the other mons, use fake out, or some guard move to protect it's partner, and then get out to do it again. So it's fine where it is now.

Scrafty dropping to B rank? abstain I have never used/faced scrafty, can't say.

Agree.
Gothitelle is a very good mon, with a great mon. If you aren;t prepared for it, it can fuck up what you have out. It's just that it can't counter as many mons as it should. It needs a lot of support to actually be used to fruition. So Mid C rank would be fine for gothitelle.

disagree.
Although it is very good, it is only usable on a certain themed team. Like discharge teams, or trick room teams. It doesn't even do well against other trick room teams, as the mons used on other trick room teams check ampharos so hard. It is only viable under support, so it should stay where it is.+

Agree.
Aerodactyl is amazing. Hits hard, and hits well. Not really going to post a sentence here, because I feel it doesn't really need an argument. Same basic points in rock slide, wide guard and sky drop. It's very usable.
Milotic being added to C rank? abstaining this one. I don't care for milotic, I have no plans to use it, so I won't tell others to use it, or to not use it.

abstain.
I really can't say this one. It is a very usable mon, and I want it to excel like it should. Yet it's outclassed by sylveon. I am not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that I shouldn't vote for it. I want it to be A rank, it deserves to be A rank... yet I don't feel like it should yet. If I make sense whatsoever

Mew rising to A rank?

No, but raise to a higher B rank, instead of B-.
It does well in the meta, it's just a niche, yet it's a good niche. Not an A niche, yet a good niche. It can be countered with thought, yet it can be used freely in some situations. It's rare to waste a turn with Mew, yet it is do-able. It's great support that can be on almost any team, yet it doesn't feel like A rank support. Maybe when OR/AS comes, yet not while we only have X/Y

:toast:

Last edited:
A Rank.
Cresselia is just fine in A Rank. There are just too many steel, ghost, and dark types roaming around that Cresselia has a difficult time actually surviving for a while. Even when it does survive, its lack of offensive presence besides using specific coverage moves for specific Pokémon often makes it setup bait for things like Aegislash and Scizor. Due to the power creep (see mega kangaskhan), it has a difficult time keeping up anyway. While it does have its moments and its ability to set up Trick Room is nearly unmatched, it's certainly not good enough to stand alone.

Thundurus rising to S?
Yes.
There are a shitton of things in the meta that really don't want to be hit with Prankster Taunt or Prankster Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is still scary to face for any sweeper at all since in this meta they run some speed investment unless they're like base 50s or under. Losing that sucks. Also, Prankster Taunt is REALLY important. There's a lot in the meta that really wants to do things such as King's Shield, Wide Guard, Substitute, Trick Room, Spore, Sleep Powder, Rage Powder, Protect, Thunder Wave, Follow Me, etc. Being able to immediately stop them from doing those things can really turn the momentum in your favor. Not to mention that a 50% chance to do absolutely nothing is completely aggravating, even if your sweeper is something really slow that doesn't mind Thunder Wave's speed drop such as Sylveon. You can't redirect the Thunder Waves because of Taunt. Even if the "counter" everyone uses, Scarf Lando-T, has a chance to beat it, it's just a chance. The only 100% counters I think of off the top of my head are Lum Terrakion and Mamoswine, which are somewhat difficult to fit on a team IMO. I strongly believe that Thundurus is a relevant threat worthy of S Rank. It can cripple a lot of your team before it goes down, and that makes it very potent. Needless to say, I always breathe a gigantic sigh of relief whenever I finally take it down.

Charizard falling to A?
Yes
. I've used Charizard a lot, but I always find that even though it's powerful af, it dies fast and needs support such as wide guard, quick guard, intimidate, and speed control in order to perform its best. It dies extremely quickly to strong priority such as that from Mega Kangaskhan and Bisharp. Being outsped by things like Latios, Terrakion, and Keldeo gives it a hard time actually performing the sweeping it needs to do because it's worn down so quickly. Often times, it dies the first turn I send it in. It can't do anything against Trick Room teams either. While it hits extremely hard and sun support is nice, it needs too much other support to stay S Rank.

No.
I personally don't like this Pokémon, but Fake Out is good enough support that it's worth being A rank. The rest of its support movepool is extremely solid as well and it has a lot of options.

Abstain.
I don't use enough Scrafty to form an educated opinion. Fake Out is good, but with the addition of fairies and its low attack stat, I'm not sure.

Yes.
Shadow Tag is extremely underrated in Doubles. Since there's so much switching involved in order to get just the right matchup, removing that freedom can make it very difficult to win games. If you can trap a useless supportive mon like Cresselia,

Yes
. It needs Trick Room support, but that's about all it needs. It can still 2HKO or OHKO a lot of the meta and it walls the shit out of Rotom-W and Talonflame. It's pretty bulky, too. Excellent TR mon that deserves to be more recognized.

Abstain.
I've never played with it or against it. I think I'll have to try it in the future, though. It looks pretty bulky, bulkier than Thundurus, even though it doesn't have as good a typing. It has a good support movepool consisting of tailwind/wide guard/taunt/sky drop and maybe roar or whirlwind to more reliably deal with Trick Room. The only real problems I have with it are that it a) has a defensive typing that leaves a bit to be desired; b) has somewhat weak coverage moves; and c) uses your mega slot which is a disadvantage in and of itself because you can't use Mega Kangaskhan. :(
Abstain.
I'm with Kyle on this one in that it's outclassed by a lot, but I agree with everyone else that its niche is pretty good. I've never used it and, so I don't feel like I can contribute to this one. It has beaten me before, though.

Yes.
It hits extremely hard with Pixilate Hyper Voice and is actually fast unlike Sylveon. Priority sucks, but that's easily fixable by using Intimidate/Quick Guard that's probably going to be on your team anyway. Otherwise, everything faster than it dies 1v1 except perhaps Mega Gengar, and even then, you can live a Sludge Bomb if you run some HP. While it's true that steels kinda suck for it, it has ways to beat them. Gardevoir can run Focus Blast for Heatran and Ferrothorn and Shadow Ball to help it beat up on an Aegislash with the help of its partner, and can even live a non-LO Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon. But the thing is, that's just its bread-and-butter set, its Mega Stone set. Supportive sets are another matter entirely. I've had success using it on a sun team as a support. Its Moonblast is pretty powerful even uninvested and it gets an amazing range of options to choose from. Trick Room, Helping Hand, Icy Wind, and Safeguard are the things that Cresselia also has, but gardevoir also gets Will-O-Wisp and Taunt. A large amount of physical defensive investment can make it deceptively bulky while it beats literally every dragon with Moonblast that actually hits pretty hard. Whichever set it's running, I love this Pokémon and it can definitely live up to A-Rank standards.

Mew rising to A rank?
Not that high, but raise it higher for sure.
There are a lot of things you can do with an incredible movepool and balanced stats. Currently, my favorite moves to use are Taunt, Tailwind, Fake Out, Will-O-Wisp, and Super Fang. I've seen Haruno use it successfully on his "bunny rampage" team, and I can't deny that it's actually scary af. Perhaps B+ would be suitable.

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cresselia in A or S rank? - I love Cresselia and am a big advocate for it, but I have to say A rank. While it's a phenomenal mon still, it simply isn't as effective as it was last gen, nor is it as influencial at the moment, so keeping it in S rank doesn't seem accurate. Others have talked about its flaws already so I won't do that, but it just isn't influential enough or powerful enough for S rank imo.
Thundurus rising to S? - No, never felt that Thundurus was an S rank threat in this metagame (don't even see it being used as much as I did in gen 5).
Charizard falling to A? - No, Charizard is still a major threat, is the basis of a whole team archetype essentially, and is very strong (Zard X is also mad underrated too and makes it a more versatile Pokemon). While some Pokemon that threaten it have increased in usage, I still think that it's worthy of it's place.
Hitmontop dropping to B rank? - No, talked about this already.
Scrafty dropping to B rank? - No for same reason as Hitmontop.
Gothitelle rising to C rank? - Yes, Shadow Tag is very effective in putting the opponent in a poor decision and swinging momentum in your favor. Add to that decent stats and a fairly good movepool and I think that Gothitelle is worthy of being ranked.
Ampharos rising to B rank? - No, overreliant on Trick Room and is not something I consider either sufficiently threatening or something that I'd use very much given competition from other Dragon-types.
Aerodactyl rising to B rank? - Yes. Fast, powerful, with very cool options in terms of coverage and support (ice/fire fang, tailwind, wide guard, taunt, etc.) makes for a Pokemon that's worthy of B rank. I used it myself and found it to be pretty effective. Definitely something that should see more use.
Milotic being added to C rank? - Yes, Competitive is a useful ability right now, which I think makes Milotic worthy of being ranked.
Gardevoir rising to A rank? - No. I'd agree with srk1214 in saying that the physical bulk (or lack thereof) really makes it easier to handle given the range of effective priority options, as well as the increased usage of Pokemon that are faster than the 100 speed tier.
Mew rising to A rank? - Abstain. In theory it's a very cool mon, with its incredible versatility and all, but I simply haven't seen enough proof of concept when it comes to Mew to really make an informed decision (if all it can do is Transform, then I don't think it should be A rank lol).

Cresselia should drop to A rank.

The meta is so offensive that any supporting set can be manipulated way more than compared to the other S rank threats. Being the best TR setter isn't enough for S, especially when TR itself lacks in this metagame. I will nom it for A+ tho next round!

Thundurus should remain in A+.

While an annoying cunt, Thundurus does not influence the meta as much as the other S rank threats. In addition, the meta is way more specially bulky nowadays.

I abstain from the Charizard vote.

I wouldn't be upset if Zard was in A+ or S tbh. The meta is really prepared for Zard Y, and the only reason I would keep it in S is Zard X.

Hitmontop should drop to B.

I see it in a B+ area easily, as it offers surprisingly similar support/power to Rotom-H who is currently in the category.

Scrafty should remain in A-.

Idc wut people say, this thing checks sooooooo many toptier threats, including Zard Y, Landorus-T, Latios, Ludicolo, Cress, Heatran, and Thundurus. It's not even useless when burned/intimidated (Scarf Landorus has to be verrry careful anyways) cause it can Intimidate/Fake Out/Knock Off shit.

Gothitelle should rise to C rank.

Everyone wants this thing in B (which could happen next round), but I used this thing like 8 months ago and everyone called me a noob :< f u all

Ampharos should remain in C rank.

Definitely top C, but even the B- mons have a more solid niche in the meta. TR isn't that good anymore anyway.

Milotic should rise to C rank.

Yea this thing is better now that people are using LO.

Mega Gardevoir should rise to A rank.

This thing is so goooood. It is actually fast unlike sylveon and it has focus blast. It is an excellent wincon, and can easily be partnered to handle all of its weaknesses. I won't argue if it gets nommed for A- tho later.

Mew should remain in B rank.

This thing is way more underwhelming than all of the other threats in A rank. PUHLEEZE

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A - It's good but can't perform its role as well as it did before. The changing meta / increase in power coupled with Dark and Ghost buffs have been hard on the lunar duck and have made it less viable. It's still one of the best TR setters and imo one of the defining Pokemon in the semi trick room playstyle. n
Thundurus rising to S?
I'm against this, Thundurus has limitations that stop it from reaching S ranks. Against bulkier teams, Thundurus struggles to make as much of an impact as a solid defensive core can easily shrug off BoltBeam coverage, especially sice HP Ice was nerfed to 60BP. n
Charizard falling to A?
No. XZard is scary if you misread teams. YZard provides invaluable support to Pokemon like Venusaur. I'll agree that people are prepared for it but that's just a testament to its strengths. Bear in mind most common checks and counters are destroyed by common partners such as Lando-T or Chomp. n
I'm still a big Hitmontop fan but it's only real saving grace is Feint. It's just not stacked enough to break through a lot of the Pokemon popular in XY doubles so it loses a lot of momentum. y
Scrafty is piss weak and p shit. y
Trapping is really good, goth has neat options and can be really scary with a good matchup. y
I love Mega Ampharos, Electric typing is really cool and it packs a surprising amount of power. y
idk much about aero
p bulky, good Spa, I can see it in C. y
yes awesome mon
Mew rising to A rank?
no

got lazy w/ reasons but oh well

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

No, read Pwne's argument

Thundurus rising to S?

No, prio TWave just isn't enough. It's fast but not very powerful and has terrible coverage because it has no flying STAB and no important special coverage move stronger than Hidden Power.

Charizard falling to A?

Um no why

A bit on the fence about this. Wide Guard and shit is real useful, but I've always considered it lackluster because it's p useless after like 2 turns out on the field. Yes, but I'd put it in B+ later

Like Hitmontop, but it's weaker and bulkier. Has a niche for countering TR and AV set is not bad but ehhhh honestly I'd put this guy in B+ too so Yes.

Sure, it's pretty good, at least definitely enough for C rank

I'd keep it low B, but yeah. Well played Ampha can really kick ass, it's so goddamn powerful, and it has a bunch of neat resistances too

I'd rather keep it in high C. It's kind of frail and Rock is a terrible defensive type unless you're Tyranitar or Terrakion or something with a shitton of natural bulk like Rhyp. High speed doesn't mean much when you're weak to most significant priority attacks (Bullet Punch, AJet, Fake Out + Dual Targeting, TWave)

Competitive is real neat and it's surprisingly bulky. Yes.

Why wasn't it already? Yes.

Mew rising to A rank?

I'd keep it in B. It works well if pulled off right but it's really niche and relies on a strategy that falls apart quickly after the smallest of mistakes. Also, transform is extremely reliant on offensive support

Cresselia drops to A rank.
Thundurus remains A+.
Charizard remains S rank.
Hitmontop drops to B rank.
Scrafty drops to B rank.
Gothitelle rises to C rank.
Ampharos remains in C rank.
Aerodactyl rises to B rank.
Milotic is added to C rank.
Gardevoir rises to A rank.
Mew remains in B rank.

Get nomming! (cough cough cress to A+ hit/scraf to B+)

If we need an official nomination, I say Cress to A+ because of its insane bulk an amazing support capabilities, and Scrafty and Hitmontop to B+ because of their access to Intimidate + Fake Out, Quick Guard, Hitmontop's access to Feint and Wide Guard, and Scrafty's access to Knock Off and Drain Punch, as well as Scrafty's ability to run an effective Assault Vest set.

I agree with lightning luxray for both his points, cress, while having great bulk and support, reminds me of landorus-T and kangaskan in the way that you can tack it on to about any team. Also, scrafty stays at b due to the lacking of wide guard and feint. Also close combat makes a better nuke while scrafty adds a fighting and x4 fairy weakness to the team.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Scrafty + Tops to B+ is something I agree with, they are still legit :]

Obvious A+ cress

Also Gardevoir should be A- imo... It's not on the level of the A flat standard of Bisharp / Mawile / Skymin / Latios, etc.

sry for short post, but I just think these should be made to balance out the fact that all these just moved 2 ranks. I know it's already been posted but i gotta show that support ;;

Garchomp to A-.

Basically Intimidate + Burns everywhere is the main reason for dropping it imo. Landoge is a far useful Ground-type and Latios/Hydreigon are far more useful Dragon-types because they all can support the team in addition to firing off strong attacks. I still say A- and not B because Rough Skin and outspeeding Base 100's are good niches.

Amoonguss to S

Amoonguss is easily one of the best support pokes in the meta imo. Spore and rage powder are two awesome support moves an amoonguss can use them very well with solid 114/70/80 defenses. A great ability in regenerator which lets amoonguss last a lot longer. Resistances to fairy, water, fighting, electric and grass allow it to wall threats like keldeo and azumarill while also providing a sleep and fairy attack (necessary) switch in. It has very low 30 base speed to function as an anti tr measure, putting setters to sleep before tr goes up or outspeeding slow threats under tr and putting them to sleep as well.

Hydreigon to A- (B+ at least)

Hydreigon has the ability to beat so many pokes so easily with a solid offensive typing. Such a wide movepool that it can customize its coverage move(s) to beat many specific threats (earth power for tran, fire blast for ferro, focus blast for ttar, even iron head, superpower and head smash). Also brings lots of resists with dragon type and levitate, not weak to sucker punch like latios. Only A- because of its painfully awkward base 98 speed which means t is beaten by other dragons, gene and terrak/keldeo.

Edit: im also confused as to why mantine is on the list at all, let alone on the same level as parasect

Last edited:
Amoonguss to S

Amoonguss is easily one of the best support pokes in the meta imo. Spore and rage powder are two awesome support moves an amoonguss can use them very well with solid 114/70/80 defenses. A great ability in regenerator which lets amoonguss last a lot longer. Resistances to fairy, water, fighting, electric and grass allow it to wall threats like keldeo and azumarill while also providing a sleep and fairy attack (necessary) switch in. It has very low 30 base speed to function as an anti tr measure, putting setters to sleep before tr goes up or outspeeding slow threats under tr and putting them to sleep as well.

Hydreigon to A- (B+ at least)

Hydreigon has the ability to beat so many pokes so easily with a solid offensive typing. Such a wide movepool that it can customize its coverage move(s) to beat many specific threats (earth power for lando, fire blast for ferro, focus blast for ttar, even iron head, superpower and head smash). Also brings lots of resists with dragon type and levitate, not weak to sucker punch like latios. Only A- because of its painfully awkward base 98 speed which means t is beaten by other dragons, gene and terrak/keldeo.

Edit: im also confused as to why mantine is on the list at all, let alone on the same level as parasect
Earth Power for Lando lmao

Srsly amoonguss is this big Taunt target and is almost useless offensively, it's also weak to many common attacks like Ice, Fire and Ground (Although it resists a bunch of cool things like Fighting and Electric). And it's frail-ish physical defense doesn't help. And the Grass nerf really hinders amoong (Spore/Rage Powder doesn't affect grass types now). But it's positive traits get around that, so it deserves A+ in my opinion. If amoong gets S rank I'll demand Thundy and Toge to go S rank too.

btw Parasect has Rage Powder so I can kinda understand why it's D rank lmao, even though it is still completely outclassed by amoong. This list needs a revamp imo.

Im prob gonna delete D rank soon. It's awesome for you if you can find a nichy mon to fit your team, but if they don't have a solid place in the metagame, they really dont belong on the rankings.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Im prob gonna delete D rank soon. It's awesome for you if you can find a nichy mon to fit your team, but if they don't have a solid place in the metagame, they really dont belong on the rankings.
but what about mantine

YOU'LL LET THE LEGEND DIE LOLK

i cannot stop you but if you carry down on this road, it will be her blood on your hands.

if anything, E-rank is the one that should be deleted imo, since mons there have even less of a use. failing that, just merge the two into Mantine-tier or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)