Down and Dirty! IceBug vs. Metal Bagon, 1 on 1 in Muckraker Swamp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great... A swamp... With JOURNALISTS. Why did I ever agree to this? Damn you Metal Bagon... I knew I should never have done you asked you for help with that thing we agreed never to speak of again... Gah, I hate you all. Especially the journalists. LEECHES. But enough of the rantings, of a tired, grumpy young university student, there's a fight about to start!

1v1 Singles
2 day DQ
0 recovery's/ 3 chills
Only PM the ref one pokemon
Arena: Deck Knights' Muckraker Swamp
Field Type: Ground/Water/Poison
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: None

Description:

This old bayou is the home of the lowest scum on earth: paparazzi and attack journalists. Don't be surprised if the next candidate for the Edward R. Murrow Award shows up with his flash camera. Deep in this scummy pond, the Kingfisher scuttles about doing his dirty deeds and everyone follows. But enough about the history, Muckraker Swamp is used for a reason: it has the ideal topography for finding sleaze.

The bayou is about 2 feet deep in swampy muck. The muddy material is interspersed with trees whose roots delve below the floor. Their leaves provide a kind of canopy for the arena, but the actual spacing between each tree is fairly large, about 15 feet each at the bases. Although the arena is moist, the ground underneath the muck is solid enough for seismic attacks to work. The muck disgusts Pokemon that aren't used to it, and will inflict Toxic Poisoning on any Pokemon that doesn't learn Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot, Mud Bomb, or Muddy Water in its Level-Up movepool. The only other alternative is flying or floating above it, or otherwise being immune to Poison. Be careful though, as if the Pokemon is knocked in the swamp, it will be inflicted with Toxic poisoning.
I'll take you on, Bagon.

All Abilities
No Items
Switch...
Team Metal Bagon:

Toxicroak (Crazy Frog) (F)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * from Special Attack).

Type:
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 85

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Anticipation: (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and takes three (3) less damage from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.
Dry Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon has spongy, yet sensitive skin, causing it to burn in bright sunlight for damage but absorb water and heal damaged tissues in rain. This effect results in dealing 2 damage/action to this Pokemon in sunlight and recovering 2 HP/action in rain. It also makes the Pokemon weak to fire, but it absorbs the damage of water attacks and recovers HP when struck instead.
Poison Touch (DW): (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon's body is covered with a film of poison. Whenever it hits an opponent with a contact attack, that opponent has a 30% chance of being Poisoned. When disabled, all this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.

Attacks:
Astonish
Mud-slap
Poison Sting
Taunt
Pursuit
Faint Attack
Revenge
Swagger
Sucker Punch
Poison Jab

Counter
Cross Chop
Bullet Punch

Protect
Torment
Rock Slide
Stone Edge

Team IceBug:

Bolderdash Tourmaline (Genderless)
Nature: Quirky (No Effect on Stats)

Type: Rock
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 110
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 3

EC: 8/9
MC: 2
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker: (DW)(Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:

Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem

Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Stone Edge
Giga Drain

Paleo Wave
Metal Sound
Earth Power

Mmk, you guys know how this works. IceBug's orders, Bagon's, my reffing. Bagon, IceBug, me. Repeat until dead.

Techinician on, Tourmaline, let's try to bury this frog as quick as we can...

Just start in with the Technician Mud Shots and Earth Powers, and hopefully we can even break through Anticipation to score some solid damage. Shame we don't have any Psychic attacks, huh...

Also, if he goes to Cross Chop you, Disable that by replacing the next action.

So: Earth Power - Mud Shot - Earth Power

Replace next action with Disable (Cross Chop) is Cross Chop is used.

"Ground type moves from a rock, why doesn't game freak make every rock type poke part rock and part ground?"

OK, first use Taunt, just because then use cross chop and force a useless disable. Finally use torment, why you ask? Because earth power is too annoying.

Team Metal Bagon:

Crazy Frog (Anticipation + Dry Skin)
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Speed: 85
Stats: 0
Actions: Taunt >>> Cross Chop >>> Torment

Team IceBug:

Tourmaline (Levitate + Technician)
HP: 90
Energy: 100
Speed: 110
Actions: Earth Power - Mud Shot - Earth Power
Replace next action with Disable (Cross Chop) is Cross Chop is used.

My God, this place stinks. And it's filthy. Well, what do you expect from the birthplace of the paparazzi? Herpaderp. HEY, I SEE YOU PAL! GET BACK HERE! Grr... He got away. Well, get to fightin, damn it. There we go, Tourmaline jumps right out of the blocks, and blasts the mud and sludge straight up into Crazy Frog's face, witness the power of the swamp itself! The frog, not enjoying it, flips the bird at Tourmaline, enraging him into only attacking. Not a problem for the rock... thing, as it simply blasts it with yet more mud, slowing him. This probably won't affect the match since it's already slower, but damage is damage! And it does as much as the Earth Power, thanks to Technician. Crazy Frog now leaps at the pile of rubble, chopping furiously with both arms for massive damage. Yeowch! That STUNG, no wonder he wants disable it, but the earlier Taunt clouds his mind, and thus, he is unable to! The Crazy Frog seems to be laughing something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE

OH DEAR GOD, THE TORMENT! ARGH! Remind me to kill Flora for capturing and then trading the goddamn Crazy Frog... Well, that journalist will do! While I grab and drown him in the muck, let's look at the calcs and standings...

Calcs:
Bolderdash used Earth Power (13 damage, 7 energy)
Toxicroak used Taunt (10 energy)
Bolderdash used Mud Shot (13 damage, 4 energy, -1 Speed Toxicroak)
Toxicroak used Cross Chop (27 damage, 6 energy)
Bolderdash used Disable. It failed! (7 energy)
Toxicroak used Torment (10 energy)

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 74
Energy: 74
Stats: -1 Spd

Team IceBug:

HP: 73
Energy: 82

... Y'know, with all these cameras around, that may not have been my brightest move. While I come up with an alibi, Metal Bagon, give your orders!

I told the cops I was visiting my dying sister in the hospice. Worked like a charm, they love a good sob story, even if their files show I don't have a sister. But hey, I drowned a paparazzi, since when does that count as murder? Pffffffffffffft. No jury would ever convict me.

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 74
Energy: 74
Actions: Cross Chop - Swagger - Cross Chop

Team IceBug:

HP: 73
Energy: 82
Actions: Shadow Ball x3

With his best options disabled by Taunt and Torment, Tourmaline resorts firing a large black orb at the mighty Crazy Frog. C'mon Tourmaline, smash the annoying thing! Well, it hurts him at any rate. The Toxicroak retaliates with a chop of bone crushing force.... But it misses, as he's just feeling too cocky about this situation. Tourmaline tries to blast him with another Shadow Ball, but fails due to the Torment of that damn song... Knowing this, Crazy Frog proceeds to get his swag on, and continues to generally taunt and annoy the shit out of everybody. Bastardo. Tourmaline is rightly further indignified, and his attack goes way up, enough to cloud his judgement, and severely confuse him! He ends up smacking himself in the face, and things are made worse when Crazy Frog hands him another Cross Chop to the face. While the trainers re-strategise, let's look at the standings...

Calcs:
Bolderdash used Shadow Ball (10 damage, 6 energy)
Toxicroak used Cross Chop (6 energy)
Bolderdash used Shadow Ball, failed (10 energy)
Toxicroak used Swagger (7 energy, +2 Atk Bolderdash, severe confusion)
Bolderdash hurt itself in confusion (8 damage, 3 energy)

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 64
Energy: 55

Team IceBug:

HP: 38
Energy: 63
Stats: +2 Atk

IceBug, you're up.

Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball - Earth Power

If he doesn't Taunt Action 1, Disable Cross Chop Action 1.

EDIT: Oh, Torment must have changed a bit, since I remember it only disabling all of the actions I used in the round it was issued...does this mean...

Earth Power - Mud Shot - Earth Power

I guess THAT'S legal now, or maybe I suck. I've lost anyway, so just roll with that and we'll deal with any potential consequences.

Wouldn't shadow ball fail because of torment, anyhow, here are my actions.

"Still going better then expected."

Revenge - Cross Chop - Revenge

EDIT: I don't want to edit my actions.

IceBug, Torment prevents a move being used twice in a row, same as in the games. And any moves used in the previous round. I believe it actually got a buff recently to make it actually useful.

Team Metal Bagon:

HP: 64
Energy: 55
Actions: Revenge - Cross Chop - Revenge

Team IceBug:

Energy: 63
Stats: +2 Atk
Actions: Earth Power - Mud Shot - Earth Power

For probably the final round, the combatants rush for each other. Tourmaline prepares another Earth Power to blast the shit out of the Crazy Frog, knocking him high into the air as the light strikes him from below. But he has played right into the Crazy Frog's hands, as his eyes glint, and he strikes with a terrifyingly angry power, his attack fuelled by the damage he just took! OH MY, THAT SMARTS! THAT'S why I have Revenge on my Voodoom! Tourmaline attacks with a desperate Mud Shot to further slow the Toxicroak, but he finishes it with a final, brutal Cross Chop.

GAME!

Calcs:
Bolderdash used Earth Power (13 damage, 7 energy)
Toxicroak used Revenge (29 damage, 7 energy)
Bolderdash used Mud Shot (13 damage, 4 energy, -1 Spd Toxicroak)

Team Metal Bagon:

Energy: 41
Stats: -2 Spd

Team IceBug:

HP: KO

Prizes:

I gain 2 RC.

Metal Bagon and IceBug gain 2 TC.

Bolderdash and Toxicroak gain 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.

Toxicroak gains 1 KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)