DOWNTOWN INDIANAPOLIS used Confusion! A critical hit! It's super effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't go to Worlds, you'll make my 17th place finish feel even worse... :(

Congrats on the Top 16, and you better go to Worlds.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You're so very kind drugduck thank you. AND bearsfan i seriously do hope to get to meet you next year to get to shake your hand and thank you for the rng vids that helped me so much. OH and cybertron, you have no idea how much it really pains me that i CAN'T give my invite to someone as deserving as you. Believe me bro if i could i'd TOTALLY ask for your address to mail you the form. :(

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Great story Matt. It was a really fun weekend hanging out with you, PBB, and BI. Congrats on top 16 and hopefully you can find a way to get to Hawaii.

sihfkjsnfiahdgaknf how did I not see this until now? :x Wow I'm surprised you actually used the two pokes I bred for you (I didn't even know you used them until I read the OP of this thread) :D I didn't think they would be used after Top and other fighting pokes/moves (Infernape, Toxicroak, etc.) got so popular.

Congrats on yet another successful year and a great read! :)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I know, I was amazed too. I ran upon 2 different top ogre teams, but (weirdly) neither of them were really that hard to counter.

Thanks for supplying LITERALLY two of my favorite ever pokes!

I really wanted that free trip to Hawaii, stakes were higher this year with fewer paid invites, and I didn't want to jack around. I knew from testing that it would get me to top 8, but... it just seemed too... idunno... "not my style". :/
This this this.

I was looking forward to your story the most. Nice job, mattj! Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to Worlds. That's gotta be painful :/
But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself this year. I hope you get that motivation back and are ready to kick butt next year :P

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Thanks to TAD for the pic. Me in the green on the right, just past some random black dude (lol). Danny across the table from me.

Matt i just wanted to let you know that during that last turn of battles although you had just broken my heart with a explosion crit i still said on the inside " i hope MattJ wins his battle as well"........but in the end i guess i am just a random black dude to you xD

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Am I correct to assume that you're bringing your family?
Oh! Haha, well I might not have explained that too clearly in back there. If I had won the "paid invite" by making top 8, then yeah that was the plan to get an extra ticket for my wife and daughter and bring them (since they couldn't make it last year to Worlds with me). But since I didn't get the "paid invite" we're just gonna go on a vacation somewhere else. It'll be fun. :)

There's always next year!

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
mattj said:
Once you reach the top levels of VGC, pokemon ceases to be a game of skill. It becomes a game of luck because you're all "more or less" equally matched. Who gets the first or most Crits. Who gets the first or most paralysis/freeze/burns/poisons. Who wins the first or most speed ties. At the top of the VGC ranks, luck>skill, knowledge, preparation, RNGs, everything. Deal with it. :)
That resonates so much with me that it hurts :|

Apostrophe-hey man! Thats me! :P Idk if he wouldve knocked me out since I had 31 Dev IVs, 4 Def EVs, and 252 HP EVs. Dialga was pretty bulky. But I didn't run damage calcs, so idk. :/

Our hotel room was full of powerful trainers. Great hanging with you, BC, and BI that weekend, I can't wait for next year. =) Is there any chance at all of you scrounging up enough money to get to Hawaii? Or did you already send in your form saying you wouldn't go? Since IMO you need to go and show those other competitors from overseas who is boss.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No form. If you're there you're there, if you're not, you're not. So Mattj can always change his mind... like he will.

Come to Worlds.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BAHAHAHAHAH you saw it! I couldn't resist!
pffft dude no self respecting chronic war-story reader misses something in a war-story, nice try on making it hard to find though, writing that comment in white so its hard to find lol.

No form. If you're there you're there, if you're not, you're not. So Mattj can always change his mind... like he will.

Come to Worlds.

dude matt you if you dont go i will wait in line on saturday and see if they ask for ID, if they dont i will go up front and be like

Desk lady- alright your team info sheet please

Ninahaza- here you go, i am so excited to compete hehe

Desk lady- alright and you are

Ninahaza- Matthew Carter

Desk lady- alright good luck to you matthew, have fun

"New" Matthew carter- thank you

so matt you better come or you will get me baned for next years worlds
hahaha dude i should soooo do it

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh, haha it's Lilly (Lillian), no prob though.

She's aaaaaaaaaaalmost 3, turns 3 on August 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)