DP attack names revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow i hope this is an april fools joke. changing scheme to nasty plot is pretty sad if it's true. we all know north american kids are dumber than the japanese, but come on...

Ooh, the item names are up!

Choice Scarf and Choice Specs. I guess CGMence is now SalaSpecs.

ELECTRIZER and MAGMARIZER!

Reaper Cloth is really cool.

Smooth Rock makes no sense with that sprite.

Couldn't they make U-Turn named "Bug Retreat" or smth? And Scissor Cross like Scythes Cut :/ Also, i like payback, punishment, night slash and avalanche

Aftermath makes a hell of a lot more sense than "Detonate" did. Stupid translations.

And forgive me for this, but I actually LIKE U-Turn.

I dont really like all the names....but wtf,who cares?
Im still excited for the game,and the attack names havent made me any less excited.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The majority of these names are good, IMO.
The names which look kinda retarded for me are: Sucker Punch, Switcheroo, Grass Knot, Draco Meteor, Super Luck, Steadfast, Tinted Lens, Snow Warning, Scrappy, Frisk, Snowpoint, Roark, Fantina, Lukas, Volkner, Buck and Flint. And there are Tailwind and Fullmoon/Newmoon Island; there wasn't any reason for them being changed.

While the amazing names that just compensate the existance of the names above are: Spacial Rend, Roar Of Time, Dark Void, Shadow Force, Flare Blitz, U-Turn (but Somersault was better), Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Nasty Plot (but Scheme was better), Avalanche, Rock Polish, Night Slash, Rock Wrecker, Zen Headbutt, Motor Drive, Unaware, Snow Cloak, Storm Drain, Twinleaf, Jubilife, Floaroma, Eterna, Hearthome, Canavale, Sunyshore, Celestic, Solaceon, Turnback, Gardenia, Byron, Candice, Aaron, Bertha, Cheryl, Cyrus and Cynthia.

And what does Klutz mean?
And changing "Safari Zone" to "Great Marsh - Safari Game" was REALLY bad, NoA ._.
BTW, "Judgment" is a typo, right? RIGHT? o_o

Lucario's Pulse Bomb is now.....Aqua Sphere......
For all of you saying aqua sphere its not aqua sphere its aura sphere. All these crappy names makes it sounds like april fools and serebii does april fools things like this every year(like when r/s was comming out and they had the fake pokes). I dont even know why they will change any of the names. Because there all ok imo. Has this info been on any other site?

Edit: I dont care if there real,flare blitz and flash cannon sound good enough for me

LoL they are fine by me. Some moves will stay as the originals in my mind, for a while, but its all cool.

Interesting stuff o^^o​

For all of you saying aqua sphere its not aqua sphere its aura sphere.
Why are you quoting me when I already corrected the mistake? Next time please read the thread before try to correct someone that already corrected the error.

Thanks.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A lot of these moves sound kinda gay...I mean, Switcheroo? Come on.

I know, but still this can't be an April Fools joke. It would forever ruin serebii's reputation.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think that most of the list is fine, but they purposely changed some of the attacks to joke versions for April fools.

While i don't like all the names, I think some of them are very cool. Avalanche and Close Combat are much better than Snow Slide and In Fight for example.

I'm leaning towards april fools day joke because the fact that it took them a couple of months to release the pokemon names and then putting up everything at once is just odd. Plus the timing is suspicious.

Spacial Rend and Flare Blitz are like sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)