1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleJG

DoubleJG

Forgot to add my Link Tower record last night.

31 wins

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    -Softboiled
    -Follow Me
    -Seismic Toss
    -Cosmic Defense

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
    Calm Nature
    -Softboiled
    -Follow Me
    -Fire Blast
    -Encore

Basically, if you can't already tell, my friend was the sword while I was the shield. His pokemon were usually Medicham and Alakazam but I can't quite remember their movepools...pretty staple if I recall.
  2. Lady_Lyndis

Lady_Lyndis

OMG reading the whole first page makes me want to start battle towering-ing again! I loved it but just... never really got into it again. I'll be doin multi with ma friend probably
  3. Loetke

Loetke

WiFi tower: Rank 6. 16 win streak.

Yanmega @Scope Lens
    Air Slash
    Bug Buzz
    HP Ice 69
    Protect

Cacturne @Focus Sash
    Counter
    Swords Dance
    Sucker Punch
    Seed Bomb

Cresselia @Leftovers
    Light Screen
    Moonlight
    Charge Beam
    Ice Beam
  4. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

ok people forgot about this thread and post in the "offline BT teams" one...whatever

updating with -AC-´s record from there and also my poor multi 51 streak which was more of a test run than anything else

what I used was the same garchomp from my single battle record and hoped to find a levitating/flyer partner, it´s very cool if you get the grass rope+energy ball latias or a CM cresselia+curselax partner...in the 50-56 round I had a metagross with me (I used random pkmn like marowak and gallade in the previous rounds) only to find out I didn´t own an anti-fire berry which sucks because quake can´t 1hko meta in 2vs2...I didn´t find a good partner, either, so I tried that stupid defense guy with a skarmory and regirock...lost to a seaking QC horn drill against chomp turn 1, arcanine toasted skarmory with overheat, white herbed its sA to toast metagross as well, regirock beat arcanine but couldn´t win alone against 3

people should try using snorlax in the single tower, it´s better with timid LO starmie and SD yache chomp than tyranitar with modest EB starmie and scarfchomp, people seem to lose early with the latter...I got to 63 the next time I tried after 173 very easily (in the next round I didn´t pay attention much and let laxo die where I could´ve rested and then slowking froze my chomp a second before being outraged to oblivion lol)

anyway, jump´s team is very well designed but there is something I´d like to point out which is not only applied to that team...level 50 is not level 100, you should learn to think in that dimension - mainly the stats, for example a 352 speed lv.100 starmie is faster than +speed gengar and family, but they tie on level 50 with 178 speed, also a modest max speed starmie lv.100 (329) is faster than +speed base 100 speed foes (328), but they tie on level 50 with 167 speed (it´s a large group)...these things can be decisive for achieving longer streaks

OK whoever will try a similar team to mine, I think you should run timid max speed starmie, or at least "353" speed (not 352) for the reasons mentioned above and 257 HP (max lefties recovery + 1, 504 at lv.100), 98 defense (191 at lv.100), 166 sD snorlax at lv.50 (the defense is there to have a much better chance to beat tangrowth which was my doom in battle #174 and other physical threats where you need laxo to take them down while still taking those special hits like a man and resting the pain away

I´ve made a little speed tier list for the lv.50 tower with neutral flawless IV base 100 speed and higher pokémon, mainly to decide what speed a starmie should have...btw., to have a pseudo "396" scarfchomp you don´t need 264 speed but 263 speed (92 EVs) is enough to have 201 speed at lv.50 with a scarf (you could also have 279 speed at lv.100 = 213 at lv.50 with a scarf, outspeeding everything not holding a QC) etc.

BATTLE TOWER SPEED TIERS (lv.50)
    211 electrode (1-3)
    208 absol (4, scarf)
    200 aerodactyl (3,4), crobat (1,3), jolteon (3)
    194 weavile (2-4)
    189 alakazam (3,4), dugtrio (1,3), sceptile (2,4)
    183 ambipom (4), raikou (4), starmie (3,4)
    182 aerodactyl (2), crobat (4), jolteon (4)
    181 rampardos (4, scarf)
    180 ninjask
    178 espeon (2,4), froslass (4), gengar (3), tauros (3,4)
    176 infernape (4)
    172 dugtrio (4), lopunny (2,4), manectric (1,4), mismagius (2,4), rapidash (4)
    171 aerodactyl (1), jolteon (2), sneasel (2)
    169 garchomp (1,2,4), tyranitar (3, scarf)
    167 charizard (4), entei (3,4), floatzel (1), flygon (2-4), linoone (2), miltank (3), ninetales (1,4), raichu (2,3), raikou (2), regigigas (2), salamence (2-4), slaking (2,3), staraptor (4), tentacruel (4), typhlosion (4), zapdos (1,3,4)
    166 tauros (1)
    164 purugly (1)
    162 espeon (3), froslass (1,2), gengar (1,2,4), jumpluff (1)
    161 arcanine (2,4), drapion (3), dugtrio (2), electivire (4), gliscor (2,3), houndoom (1,3,4), jynx (2), sceptile (3)
    160 electrode (4), infernape (2,3), machamp (4, scarf)
    157 lopunny (3), manectric (3), rapidash (1-3), scyther (2), pinsir (4, scarf)
    156 ambipom (2,3), floatzel (2), kangaskhan (3), moltres (1,4), porygon-Z (2,3), raikou (3)
    155 raichu (4)
    152 charizard (1-3), dodrio, fearow, staraptor (1-3), typhlosion (1,3)
  5. greg

greg

WiFi battle tower- 25 wins. currently rank 5 ( I reached rank 7 but I keep getting killed from focus sash destiny bond gengar)

My team

Arcanine @ choice scarf
    adamant intimadate 252 attack 252 speed 6 hp
    thunder fang
    flare blitz
    overheat
    extremespeed

Garchomp @ focus sash
    Jolly 252 attack 252 speed 6 hp
    dragon claw
    earthquake
    substitute
    swords dance

sucicune @ leftovers
    bold 252 hp 252 def 6 spec def
    Surf
    Ice beam
    calm mind
    rest

Most of the time arcanine would intimidate the lead then I would swicth to suicune and calm mind 6 times.
  6. VKM

VKM

I'm in Rank 3 right now for Wi-Fi...with a Win Streak of 7. My current record is 16. XD

I'm going to test around some teams to see if I can get higher.
  7. cmg474

cmg474

Does anyone know which of these Bronzongs have levitate?

Bronzong 1 Quiet TwistedSpoon 174 109 136 144 136 47 Trick Room Dream Eater Flash Cannon Hypnosis HP/Sp. Atk

Bronzong 2 Sassy Occa Berry 163 109 157 99 172 47 Imprison Psychic Shadow Ball Earthquake HP/Def/Sp. Def

Bronzong 3 Brave Macho Brace 174 155 136 99 136 47 Trick Room Gyro Ball Earthquake Explosion HP/Atk (Has levitate).

Bronzong 4 Modest Chesto Berry 174 98 168 108 136 53 Psychic Shadow Ball Rest Calm Mind HP/Def

Just got the 34th battle easily but lost to Bronzong 3 :[
  8. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

it's random, whenever a poke has two abilities it's always random which one you'll face. that in particular is what makes bronzong a pest in the BT as EQing a levitating variant is a waste of a turn that can be especially costly in a 3-on-3 format
  9. Gardevoir

Gardevoir

As an update to my Battle Tower records, I finally lost in the single battles. I continued to use the same team, and the streak ended at 152 wins.

Also, in the multi-player double battles, I stopped after 105 wins. My partner during the second half was mostly Cheryl, since she usually has a more balanced team.
  10. LazyTrainerSteveO

LazyTrainerSteveO

How many times have you guys done the Battle Tower to get wins well over 100+?

It took me at least 20+ attempts with a similar team to get over 100, and still now I can get knocked out soon after Palmers second team.

Also, is there an actual percentage of extra luck the AI gets? The percent of reduction my attacks have to land, and their increase in landing? It makes me want to set my DS on fire when I get double quick-claw Sheer-Colded, or when I miss a 95% accuracy attack four times in a row.

Edit: One other question: Will the AI ever decide to use Earthquake against a Bronzong to "find out" whether he is levitating or not?
  11. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

One other question: Will the AI ever decide to use Earthquake against a Bronzong to "find out" whether he is levitating or not?

No, the CPU already knows what Ability your Pokemon has. So they'll Earthquake a Heatproof Bronzong but never a Levitating one.
  12. Hrothgar

Hrothgar

I just extended my multi record to 119. I lost to sheer madness. My Froslass and Cresselia, and Marley's Crobat and Aerodactyl vs. a Garchomp and Walrein.

turn #1:
    Froslass used Ice beam on Garchomp! It's super effective!
    (Garchomp survives with a sliver, no sash animation)
    Garchomp uses Earthquake! A Critical Hit!
    Froslass hung on using its Focus Sash!

turn #2:
    Garchomp uses Earthquake! A Critical hit!
    (no explanation as to how it went first)
    Froslass faints!
    Marley's Crobat uses Dark Pulse on Garchomp! The Attack Missed!
    (i send in Cress)

turn #3:
    Marley's Crobat uses Dark Pulse on Garchomp! The Attack Missed!
    Garchomp uses Crunch on Cresselia! A Critical Hit!
    Cresselia uses Psychic on Garchomp! The attack missed!
    (no sand in play, mind you)

turn #4:
    Marley's Crobat used Dark Pulse on Garchomp!
    Garchomp faints!
    Cresselia used Moonlight!
    Walrein used Sheer Cold!
    Cresselia Faints!

And then my partner played stupidly for the loss. I checked, and a +spdef, 252hp/252spdef Garchomp has a chance to survive my Froslass' Ice Beam, but that doesn't explain all the misses and the speed hax. Animations were on, so I would have seen a quick claw activate, and if it did have a claw, there was no way it could have evaded all those 100% accuracy attacks. In short, I got cheated.

Anyway, 119 is a pretty high number, so here's proof: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Geardagas/IMG_0396.jpg

I also got my favorite pokemon a nice new ribbon in the process:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Geardagas/IMG_0398.jpg
  13. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

the only possible explanation for the dark pulse misses is that walrein´s brightpowder affected the accuracy of crobat aiming at garchomp which would be something new...I don´t know what was wrong with the garchomp, maybe if you tell us your froslass lv.50 stats...chomp probably survived with a focus sash and you tied in speed or something
  14. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

oh well, I´m cursed or something, missed TRE´s record by a few again...

Double Battle Record: 135

Garchomp @ yache berry (lead)
    nature: jolly
    EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 sp.defense
    - earthquake
    - outrage
    - swords dance
    - fire fang/dragon claw (after #70)

-> outrage because this is my only garchomp so I can´t get rid of outrage, on the other hand I value outrage even more than dragon claw even in doubles, it helps a lot...fire fang is obsolete as I used it only once against a forry iirc...yache and godly IVs help it to survive every ice attack - it was 1hkoed only once or twice by an articuno ice beam or blizzard...earthquake is not broken anymore and needs a lot of strategic thinking to be used effectively

Azelf @ colbur berry (lead)
    nature: timid
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 sp.attack, 254 speed
    - psychic
    - fire blast
    - grass knot
    - nasty plot

-> my new pokémon (caught 2 days ago), fire blast because flamethrower would miss a few important 1hkos on some ice types (mostly froslass and weavile I think), 85% FB accuracy didn´t let me down in critical situations
    -> colbur lets it survive practically every non-CH dark attack, giving it another turn to hit hard, although I feel like there are more ghost attacks thrown at it so maybe I´ll switch to kasib...

Metagross @ lum berry
    nature: adamant
    EVs: 166HP, 212 attack, 132 speed
    - meteor mash
    - earthquake
    - thunderpunch
    - explosion

-> saved my butt in the closest battle at 1-2 against a 40% health special mamoswine and 100% health dragonite (the one that palmer uses I think), hitting 3 MMs in a row for the win
    -> exploded only twice I think, I miss rock slide in some situations
    -> needs anti-fire berry because only fire attacks can 1hko it in 2vs2

Zapdos @ brightpower
    nature: rash
    EVs: 54 HP, 204 sp.attack, 252 speed
    - thunderbolt
    - hidden power ice 67
    - drill peck
    - protect

-> wasn´t used as much as the first two but 188sA bolt helped, occassional hp ice on dragons also

basically I´ve used the best advance double battle duo (metazap, I had a 285 double battle streak in emerald) to back up the probably best DP one, what I´d like to change is probably to put an anti-fire berry on metagross which I don´t have access to (no wifi, no mawile) and maybe a different item on zapdos, although powder helped a few times...also thought about shadow ball instead of NP and thrower over fire blast on azelf with a life orb, because I can rarely NP against the harder 4 legendary or mono-type teams where I have to attack right away...hmm another thing I´m thinking about is latios instead zapdos, the main reason would be speed

funny thing was that my azelf was not EV trained properly and tied with a max +speed gengar somewhere between battle 63 and 70 (reason = it had EVs from beating a few of my ingame pkmn once - I let it beat me to have a "seen" pokédex entry) and after I fixed the EVs I saved in front of the BT challenge and forgot to switch items and had to battle with a power item azelf in battles 71-77 :D

battle #136: moltres + regice
    -> here I underestimated moltres and I knew chomp would survive the ice beam, dragon claw/quake+fire blast would probably not be enough to KO regice, outrage could also hit moltres so I decided to...
    R1: azelf nasty plot, chomp outrage miss, moltres DT, regice beam, yache activates, chomp survives
    -> no problem, I thought +2 fire blast would KO regice so the next outrage would hit moltres
    R2: azelf +2 sA fire blast, regice survives with almost no HP left, outrage KO´s regice, moltres thrower, chomp KO
    -> I bring in zapdos, foe heatran, still no problem, I have a +2 sA azelf right?
    R3: azelf psychic miss (obviously a 1hko if it connects), moltres DT, zapdos thunderbolt miss (ok wtf enough missing already), heatran thrower, azelf at like 20%
    R4: azelf psychic miss (fck you RNG), moltres DT, zapdos thunderbolt miss lol, heatran thrower, azelf KO, go metagross!
    -> there is still a chance to win, but please I gotta hit that stupid moltres
    R5: moltres thrower, metagross survives, zapdos thunderbolt miss ._., metagross quake, shuca berry (omg), thrower, metagross KO
    R6: moltres DT, obligatory zapdos thunderbolt miss, heatran thrower
    R7: moltres thrower, gg
  15. Team Rocket Elite

is a Pokemon Researcher

Wi-Fi Battle Tower
    Team Rocket Elite (rank:10, streak: 21*) - Hippowdon, Cacturne, Heatran

I finally got around to beating Rank 10 on my English game.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sandstream
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP, 6 Atk
    -Earthquake
    -Yawn
    -Stealth Rock
    -Slack Off

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sand Veil
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    -Seed Bomb
    -sucker Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Counter

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    -Overheat
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse

Same Cacturne and Hippowdon as before. I mostly stuck with Heatran this time. General strat is Yawn to put them to sleep, set up Stealth Rock, swap to Cacturne, Swords Dance twice and sweep. Heatran is there to help cover weaknesses when necessary.

Most of the English game trainers in Rank 8+ are still pretty bad. There's no way a guy with a Torterra that knows Cut and three grass attacks is a Rank 8 level team. Probably used an AR or something for infinte HP which doesn't carry over after uploading the team.

I also tried out another team and has some success with it:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    -Overheat
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Nature: Sassy, may have been Careful. I can't remember
    EVs: Can't remember. HP, Def and SpDef. Not sure in what quantities.
    -Toxic
    -Counter
    -Earthquake
    -Rest

Gengar @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Levitate
    -Counter
    -Destiny Bond
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball

Beat stuff up with Heatran. Snorlax deals with Water types. Gengar takes out Earthquake users like Garchomp. This team doesn't like Sandstorm much, but they aren't too common. Gengar is almost guaranteed to take out one threat with Destiny Bond. If another threat appears, you're probably dead. Tyranitar + Swords Garchomp is pretty much death, but it's very rare.

Some advice for other people getting to the higher ranks. For the most part in Rank 7+ you fight Garchomp, Metagross, Milotic, Gengar, Starmie, Breloom, Yanmega, Hippowdon, Salamence, Bronzong and if you're fighting English trainers Blastoise. Also there are very few trainers up here so you'll probably see the same team several times in a row. It's worth learning what movesets they use. This advice only applies to rooms 1-5, I haven't tried out the other rooms very much.
  16. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Not sure how worthy of mention this is but . . . -_-

Reached 54 wins in Doubles

Team:

Garchomp
    Adamant
    @Brightpowder
    ATK 252 SPD 252 HP 4
    -Swords Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fire Blast
    -Earthquake

Tyranitar
    @Choice Band
    Adamant
    ATK 252 SPD 252 HP 4
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Focus Punch

Metagross
    @Life Orb
    Adamant
    Standard Agility Gross evs
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake

Cresselia
    @Leftovers
    Bold
    Standard physical tanking Evs
    -Grass Knot
    -Charge Beam
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

Eventually died to Gligar and Gengar . . . T-T
  17. Team Rocket Elite

is a Pokemon Researcher

Wi-Fi Battle Tower
    Team Rocket Elite (rank:10, streak: 67) - Hippowdon, Cacturne, Heatran

My streak finally ended. I fought a Hail team and ended with my Heatran losing to a Regice due to getting FP'd a lot and Regice getting a bunch of Sp Atk ups. I probably could have kept going much longer if I stuck to playing the same rooms over and over since the trainers don't change much, but I chose to keep going into different rooms instead.
  18. cmg474

cmg474

Single Battle 128 Wins.

Third attempt with this team:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Careful 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Yawn
    -Slack Off

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
    Jolly 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    -Subsitute
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Meteor Mash
    -ThunderPunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Explosion

The strategy is to Yawn the lead, Slack Off the damage, then switch to Garchomp and Sub + SD sweep. Metagross is for taking out Ice Pokemon and being a revenge killer.

How I lost:
    They lead off with Slowbro.
    -I Yawn, Slowbro uses Trick Room.
    -Slowbro Surfs, I use Slack Off.
    -Slowbro falls asleep and I switch to Garchomp.
    -Slowbro wakes up and Ice Beams me.
    -I send in Metagross. Slowbro uses Surf and gets a critical hit.
    -The Trick Room goes away.
    -I send in Hippo and EQ. Slowbro sets up Trick Room.
    -Slowbro Surfs, I EQ again and get a CH for the KO.
    -Jynx is sent out. I use Slack Off. Jynx uses Energy Ball for some damage.
    -I Stone Edge it for the KO.
    -Gardevoir is sent out. I EQ for like 55%. It uses Pyschic and I survive.
    -The Trick Room goes away.
    -It uses Psychic again and I lose :[

Shoud have sent out Metagross instead of Garchomp.
  19. paramylodon

paramylodon

Yes-I've faced similar-in fact, I specifically remember an infernape with HP: ice (though I believe it used that on my Specsmence), and I also remember encountering teams with three shiny pokemon.
    All of this wreaks of hacking, although, I accept it and continue trying.
    I also made it up to rank 6, however, I dropped after reaching that, as I began experimenting with new random teams for the wi-fi battle tower, attempting to see what works best, and currently, I believe I'm hovering somewhere between ranks two and four...
    Once I find something that works, as I've come to dislike the team that originally brought me up to rank 6, I'll hopefully be able to climb a little higher...

The Soul Dew does not function in the battle tower-something I quickly realized when I attempted to abuse this poor stance.

Personally, after I reached 105 wins in the off-line battle tower, I grew far to board to ever attempt to expand this win streak (but maybe I should attempt at seven more wins simply to move up form the rather large tie), and am instead now simply playing around with the off-line battle tower, where I've been rather unsuccessful after my initial success.
    I'll post an update if I ever reach greater success there.

As a final comment, I'm "Roughneck Tyrone" just in case anyone is interested-though I'd highly doubt anyone would specifically remember a name.
  20. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes, but the Latis are still incredibly powerful even without the Soul Dew. They still class as uber even without it. Makes things way too easy when you just rampage through teams.

Congrats on topping 100 wins btw.
  21. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

This has inspired me to rack up some wins!!!
  22. ~Trogdor~

~Trogdor~

Also on topic, how is this team?

[​IMG]
    Blissey@leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 Sp. Def/ 252 HP/ 6 Def
    Moveset:
    Thunder Wave
    Seismic Toss
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled

[​IMG]
    Brozong@leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 Def/ 80 Atk/ 176 HP
    Moveset:
    Toxic
    Rest
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

[​IMG]
    Lead-Jolteon@Shuca Berry
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    Moveset:
    HP [Grass]
    Thunderbolt
    Baton Pass
    Substitute​
  23. extra

extra

got to 103 then died using this team

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait:Natural Cure
    EVs:252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Timid Nature
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Lucario @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs:252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    -Aura Sphere
    -Dark Pulse
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Vacuum Wave

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast
    -Crunch
  24. paramylodon

paramylodon

Really? I wasn't aware of that-their base stats add up to 580 (obviously less then the base 600s, most of which are legal) and their distributions don't seam all to broken.
    How exactly do they "just rampage through teams"; I'm not so much disagreeing with you as I am simply curious.

Thanks, and I wish everyone else who hasn't done so yet luck (as this, and not skill, seams to be the primary factor in accomplishing such a streak) in doing the same.

~Trogdor~, your team looks a little to defensive for my liking in the battle towers, and specially the offline one, where killing opponents quickly before their OHKO moves land is often of the essence.

Extrasensory, just out of curiousity, why do you have a jolly scarfed-Garchomp? To lazy to have instead bread for adamant?
    In the offline battle tower, most pokemon are slow enough so that choice banded Garchomp works very effectively.

~~~~
    Now as for the online battle tower, an update:
    I'm up to rank six, and on a win streak of 21-my random experimentation of throwing random pokemon together for making teams has apparently struck something that works quite well.
    Scarfed Heracross, Bulky Gara, and Life Orbed Metagross with the "battle tower standard" move-set has thus far been extremely capable.
    I'll post updates on how this team continues doing later, as it's been undefeated at this point. I'm hoping for an unprecedented (for myself, others have obviously reached this) rank seven, or possibly higher.

Just out of curiosity, what is the highest rank some of the members here where capable of achieving? Anything much higher then seven?
  25. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Well, last gen the Latis were tested in OU quite extensively on the condition that Soul Dew was banned. They were still found to be way too powerful for OU, as nothing except Blissey could really stand up to them after a Calm Mind or two. They've improved a lot this gen too (note: gained Draco Meteor).

I'd expect that a Choice Specs STAB Dragon Pulse from 130 base SpAtk backed up by that kind of speed, typing and respectable durability would pretty much leave the Battle Tower standing. Imagine SpecsMence on steroids.

EDIT:

Actually, as I recall not even Blissey could stop them when they used the Calm Mind/SafeGuard/Recover/Dragon Claw set. Was up to Steels like Skarm and Metagross to force him out, but boosted Dragon Claw really hurt them too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)