1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

OK seriously stop playing or just lose please will you?

lol you got me there...as I was reading your post I thought "all right, good news, this is what I (we the competitive ones) have waited for" jump loses and the number is not that high but you had to be lucky against metagross boooooo lol

well, achieving such high numbers is impossible without some luck on your side or rather not be haxed like crazy all the time...even with such an awesome team a CH X-Scissor turn one is nothing surprising (yeah you have to play the tower by predicting the worst case scenario that´s why I always rest on the 2nd hydro pump etc.)...it´s amazing how you got out of that one (pretty much the same as my #230 where I was sure I lost when the sun was shining and I was 3-1 down, my skarm facing a flare blitz rapidash...gg, the breeder let it hypnotize me to make me feel even worse but I survived the blitz, rapi killed itself...although I didn´t wake up and had like 37 HP...and the dumbass brings a floatzel with only aqua jet as STAB but used rain dance first LOL...this would mean that his last pokémon was even worse against skarm which was true (meganium)...but boy coming out on top against the AI at 3-1 down is always a miracle and doesn´t happen often (I did it like 2-3 times in this run)

ehm...what I wanted to say is when you go on and crack 400 and then 450 this will psychologically decimate the number of oponents damn it 336 and 350 is still doable gimme a week or two jump (I´ll start a new run on my pearl today after transferring the team, I have a theory about how your first run gives you the best possible chance to achieve a high streak)

yeah of course gl if you continue (but not too much :D )
  2. FastHippo

FastHippo

What do you think that the AI does differently on the first run?

I'm excited about a new team that I want to try, Alakazam/Jolteon(Umbreon)/Garchomp I think this Alakazam lead will be really special.
  3. Griffin

Griffin

Wow, Jump, that was amazing, I'm really glad you survived.

Lanturn resists Boltbeam 50% of the times.
  4. Drab Emordnilap

Drab Emordnilap

Magnezone resists boltbeam AND shadow ball.
  5. McLovinn

McLovinn

hmm, well i wasn't exactly sure. i have drain punching hitmonchan for that.
  6. hsb39

hsb39

My best that I have ever gotten is 77, I used a team of SpecsMence, Empoleon and Swampert which makes me resist every type. I hate the bad luck in battle tower, I once missed about 7 times to a Brightpowder Charizard.
  7. KwameTheGreat

KwameTheGreat

Using a team of:

Heatren @ Choice Scarf
    -Hp Ice
    -Lava Plume
    -Earth Power
    -Explosion

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
    -Taunt
    -DD
    -Waterfall
    -EQ

Gallade @ Lum Berry
    -Bulk Up
    -Night Slash
    -Ice Punch
    -CC

Use Gallade for Psychics/Ghost. Switch Heatran on Electric/Flying/Anything not SE and killinq it. Gyra for Tauntinq and coveraqe. Only trouble I have is OHKO users.

Floor 27 so far.
  8. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Well I finally lost, I got to 161 then took a long hiatus from the BT for no apparent reason and recently continued my streak with the same team (obviously). I made it to 198 with this team, which was way past what I thought I would get, but I caught some breaks and eventually my luck ran out.

Again the team this time with EVs (old post here):

Abomasnow@Lum Berry
    Sassy 252 HP 20 SpAtk 160 SpDef 76 Speed
    Protect
    Leech Seed
    Wood Hammer
    Blizzard

I originally had Big Root here but then I ran into trouble vs

658 Electrode Damp Rock Magnet Rise Thunder Swift Rain Dance

It set itself up while my Blizzards were missing due to the Rain coming into effect, and it Paralyzed my Abomasnow which caused some annoying FPs and prompted me to put Lum Berry on Aboma as I barely got the win that game.

Froslass@Focus Sash
    Timid 252 SpAtk 252 Speed
    Destiny Bond
    Blizzard
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Fighting

Not much to explain about Froslass that I didn't in my other post, though I stand corrected about the OHKOs accuracy, but Frosslass still served its purpose well, immune to two OHKOs and Focus Sash made sure it lived through the others. It also cleaned up nicely due to its impressive Speed and Blizzard being such a hard hitting move (and Destiny Bond getting easy KOs).

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant 216 HP 16 Atk 176 Def 100 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Taunt
    Waterfall
    Earthquake

Gyara was my choice to solve the weaknesses in my other 2 Pokemon, but somehow I managed to overlook my huge Rock type weakness. Gyara still covered the other weaknesses quite well and even if I was faced with a Pokemon using Rock Slide or Stone Edge, Gyara managed to pull it out due to Intimidate and being pretty bulky.

When I started up my streak again the BT decided to throw all kinds of Weather changers at me, including one of my most hated Tyranitar, due to its STAB Rock moves. I pulled out wins vs all of them including a very close call with a Rain Dance Kingdra that came down to one move. But eventually my luck ran out vs Cameraman Jess.

Of his 3 Pokemon I only saw 2:
    569 Luxray Muscle Band Rain Dance Thunder Crunch Iron Tail
    589 Jolteon Razor Claw Thunder Wave Thunderbolt Iron Tail Flash

He led with Luxray while I obviously led Abomasnow. I Blizzarded it but I failed to notice that it Rain Danced but my Blizzard still hit, it Crit Iron Tailed me and I brought out Froslass who finished it up with Blizzard. Out comes Jolteon, I Blizzard, but it misses and it Thunder Waves me. I know I'm in trouble here, Froslass needs its Speed to do anything so I'm forced to just sacrifice Froslass and hope Jess doesn't have another Electric. It Iron Tails while I Destiny Bond knowing it should kill me next turn. But Jolteon surprises me by using Iron Tail which misses and I am Fully Paralyzed, I am rather confused here because if I'm not mistaken Jolteon should have used Thunderbolt to finish me off unless I am misunderstanding the move choice discussion that has been going on. It Iron Tails again but doesn't feel any repercussions due to me being Fully Pard the previous turn and the rest of the match is just formality and Gyara is OHKOd by Thunderbolt.

My team accomplished what I wanted it to do and that was to minimize any Hax, no Focus Sashers or Focus Banders ever survived the onslaught, Gyarados was the only thing hit by a OHKO move (once), and Evasion was a non-factor, I lost to the sheer number of weaknesses that my team had as any combination of Fire/Steel and Electric or just Rock types proved devastating and hard to work around. I probably won't come back to this team because I think that's as good as I'm going to get it. I'll go back to the drawing board and try to come up with a similar team idea or maybe even try the team idea I had for doubles, who knows, either way I'll have fun.
  9. McLovinn

McLovinn

I took another scrap at the single battle tower, and its obviously not for me. I think I'll go to the Multi Battle Tower again... after completing the streak.

I only managed to win my 14th battle with my FEAR.

Here's what happened:

~ ~ sent out something Minun.
    Qwilfish Swords Danced.. this was the beginning of my stupidity. I didn't see what it did, but I think it used Spark/Thunderbolt, which took out Qwilfish.

I sent out Latias. I used Calm Mind, thinking I could set up against it nicely. It used Spark, which paralyzed me. Healed off the damage with Leftovers.

I used Calm Mind again, and it encored me. I had no choice but to carry on Calm Minding, because Qwil was down, and I needed to keep FEAR safe.

** A few turns later **

I had a considerable boost in sp atk + sp def, and I Dragon Pulsed. Minun went down.

Next turn he sent in a ghost (can't remember what it was rofl). I was paralyzed (slower than normal), and it used Grudge straight off the bat. Thankfully, the paralysis stopped me from killing it(with dragon pulse). (at this point, i wasn't exactly sure what Grudge did). Anyway, next turn he grudged again, and I used Dragon Pulse to take it down. but i obviously lost all my pp for dragon pulse.

Next, he sent in Haunter. I used Grass Knot to take it down a little, but even though Latias had a considerable boost, it did measly damage.

be right back to finish.

Explosion misses, for no reason whatsoever.

that was the beginning of the madness.
  10. acinod

acinod

This is one of Jumpman16's ideas.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 252HP, 226Def, 32Spd
    -Trick
    -Thunder Wave
    -Charm
    -Flash

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Veil
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

Scizor @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Technician
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    EVs: 172HP, 252Atk, 84Spd
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower

I lost at 84.
    This was what happened:

I send out Latias.
    They send out Pinsir.

Turn 1
    Latias used Trick.
    Latias obtained the Choice Scarf.
    Pinsir obtained the Choice Scarf.
    Pinsir used Guillotine.
    It's a OHKO.
    Latias fainted.

OMG how gay. OHKO moves are always evil in the Battle Tower.

Turn 2
    Trainer sent out Scizor.
    Scizor used Bullet Punch (did less than 50%)
    Pinsir used Guillotine.
    It's a OHKO.
    Scizor fainted.

SIF!!! I knew if I was too slow to Substitute so I went with Bullet Punch hoping he would miss his first attack and Bullet Punch would 2HKO. But it did less than 50% AND HIS GUILLOTINE HIT ME AGAIN!!! If he hits me again it's hax for sure.

Turn 3
    Trainer sent out Garchomp.
    Pinsir used Guillotine.
    Garchomp fainted.

And this is why it's impossible to use a Trick based team in the Battle Tower. Hitting 3 OHKO moves in a row has a chance of 27 in 1000 or 1 in 37 or 0.027%!
    Hmm, wonder if Jumpman16 ever ran into one of these gay ScarfPinsir leads.
  11. shipship

shipship

Your best bet would be Thunderwave (hoping his first hit misses) and spam Substitute. Once he hits that first one you could be in trouble though.
  12. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer

Timid Latios is faster than that ScarfPinsir and can just Substitute, highlighting for the BT's flawed logic that "risky strats" (OHKOs in this case) require no Speed and usually instead invest in defenses.
  13. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

this isn't really the team i posted. again:

Latias@Choice Scarf: Trick/TW/Charm/Flash, Timid, 252HP/212Def/44Spd, 187/90/137/130/150/149 stats
    Garchomp@Lum Berry: EQ/OR/SD/Sub, Jolly, 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
    Scizor@Sitrus Berry ** MEGA MAN X: BP/SP/Sub/SD, Adamant, Technician, 172HP/252Atk/84Spd

you may think that natures aren't a big deal or whatever, but they very much are, and every single detail of every team i've ever posted here has been given considerable thought. the reason latias should be timid is because it is boosting the highest base stat we care about in speed. SpD isn't nearly as important thanks to it being higher than the base Def, as with Lopunny and Cresselia, and more importantly because Metagross and Dragonite are more threatening to Lopunny (and Cresselia to a lesser extent) and the rest of the team than most special threats, since Latios will be able to shrug off and set up on the Special Fighting attacks and even strong Thunderbolts and Hydro Pumps thanks to Calm Mind.

you'll note that i actually posted the stats of Latias too, which give it a speed of 149. this is not by accident, and I'm pretty sure I posted why in this thread. Metagross has a neutral speed of 90 and none have speed EVs (nor need them because QC activates like 40% of the time), and a beneficial speed of 99. (And we are assuming 31 IVs for the AI, as always.) With a choice scarf Metagross can reach 148 speed with a beneficial speed nature. Your latias actually has 134 speed, which ensures that 84% of the time, metagross is going to outspeed you after the trickscarf, since 90 × 1.5 = 135. 14.28% of the time, Metagross will get an attack boost on turn one and be faster than you on turn two (either 149 or 135 speed vs 134), and you will have to hope it misses with its next MM or scizor's going to have a tougher time than it should.

Metagross has to have a beneficial Attack nature to even begin to threaten a 2HKO on "my" Latias if it has an HP and Def IV of 31 (53.47% max damage), but it will never be able to outspeed her on turn 2, which is more important than anything for the Thunderwave. The only way Metagross is actually going to pose much of a problem to the rest of my CLS or LGS Trick teams is if it has a beneficial attack nature and both QCes and CHes on turn one, which, for example, is a 0.06375% chance to kill 31 HP/Def IV Latias accounting for random damage as well (and even then it has to deal with Garchomp).

and, most importantly, this is all assuming absolute 31 IVs across the board in HP, Def and Speed, which obviously aren't very easy to get outside of hacking, which I bring up more to warn you about how crucial the stats are than to discourage hacking or ask you what your IVs are (as i've posted, for lati@s in the BT i honestly dont care, gamefreak was stupid and unfair with them). this is the other reason i left latias's stats in my original post. if you do have HP and Def IVs of 31 each, Metagross is "only" going to do 48.66% max with MM, but if those IVs aren't perfect or near perfect, there's a chance it won't even need an attack boost to screw you over with your bold latias that isn't going to outspeed metagross after the trick 84% of the time even with a 31 Spe IV. i hope this all details that i was serious when I stated that metagross is the #1 pokemon to look out for when making a trick/switcheroo team.

this isn't the first time people have changed natures or moves on teams they've borrowed from me as it happened a lot with my starmie team, and, well, whatever, you can do what you want, but i am pretty sure i have given my teams a lot more thought than anyone else and that they are the best they can be down to the last EV.

but this isn't even why you lost, let's get back to that.

again:

Garchomp@Lum Berry: EQ/OR/SD/Sub, Jolly, 4HP/252Atk/252Spd

not by accident. First of all, you should have been paying attention to the trainer, since Pinsir is one of the few pokemon whose set you will 100% know just by what trainer it is. Literally the only type that no one trainer in the BT after battle 49 specializes in is Bug, as the other 16 types are represented by at least one type of trainer. This means that all the other types can keep you in the dark as to which actual pokemon it is until they move unless you're facing a Tier trainer like Camper Justyn or Ace Trainer Abbey that only use one pokemon in a given tier. So, you kind of lost right here, by not paying attention to the trainer or, if you were, not knowing what this information meant (which you should if you're following the Trainer List). If you knew that it was the Guillotine Pinsir, which I have just detailed that you 100% should have (even if it were a PI you should know that only one Pinsir has a "risky strat"), you should know that the correct move is to Thunderwave, given your team.

Second, yes, I've faced the Guillotine Pinsir many times as a lead and have never lost more than my lead to it (which I want to happen, early in the turn, so I can have more turns to set up). This Pinsir doesn't have and speed EVs, so it has a speed of 105, or 115 16% of the time. Your Garchomp is Adamant, which means it has a max speed of 154 assuming you bred/traded for/hacked a 31 Spe IV. So Pinsir, with a Choice Scarf will normally have 157 Speed, and 172 speed 16% of the time. I said "given your team" above because of the reason you lost this particular battle is because you decided to make Garchomp Adamant for some reason, which means that this Pinsir will outspeed it 84% of the time. One of the main hang-ups I have using this team myself (besides using an untested team in the middle of a 350-battle win streak) is Garchomp's speed not being as awesome as Latios's, even if it may surpass him in almost every other facet as far as a Trick team startegy is concerned. This is why Garchomp is Jolly. You don't need Adamant pretty much at all, especially with EQ at your disposal to complete the STAB Ground/Dragon attacking combination that is much of the reason Garchomp is now actually uber.

Comparing with Latios, we have 130 Base Attack equalling 130 Base Special Attack, but the 120 Base Power Outrage far surpassing the 90 Base Power Dragon Pulse, especially when you consider what I said about Lum Berry effectively giving you at least four Outrages without the threat of being confused. Both Latios and Garchomp are +Speed so the power is still equal at 182 for the Lv50 stat. Seriously the only issue should be enough speed to kill the remaining two pokes without being threatened much. Jolly max Speed Garchomp "only" hits 169 speed, which gives Pinsir a shot to outspeed and hit with Guillotine if it has a beneficial speed nature...only it doesn't because as I have detailed you should always know what Pinsir it is, and therefore you should always Thunderwave the Guillotine one. "Simple" when you actually give it some thought.

uh, lol...give me a break, man. I've taken two separate Switcheroo/Trick teams over 300 wins in the Battle Tower. This means that either I am the absolute best BT player ever and it doesn't matter what team I use because I am just that good...or that a well-constructed and well-executed Trick team is arguably the best Single Battle Tower strategy we know of yet...or some combination of both, you decide. I've detailed the several mistakes you made on both the construction and execution fronts, and without these, you would still probably have your streak. That said, this is a hard strategy to pull off...I said in my "lol 321" post that I've learned the right thing for Lopunny to do against a Gliscor whose set it doesn't know is to Sweet Kiss. That is because of Guillotine and its 255 Speed IVs. I lost a Battle 64 like 9-10 weeks ago to that 2.7% (not 0.027%) hax, and while that is a pretty haxy way to lose, I refuse to Switcheroo/Trick Gliscor first turn if I don't know its set, and if I see one with Cress I'm Flashing it because I know I'll have a shot to beat it with Latios. I would suggest using the natures I posted, paying attention to the Trainers, and generally thinking before acting with this team, as, while very effective, it takes perfectly selected EVs, moves, and items and absolute concentraion to pull off for big streaks.
  14. shipship

shipship

Yeah +speed natures are so crucial on set-up pokemon, especially given that opposing natures are random in the BT. I love how a Timid max speed Gengar will outspeed a Weavile 84% of the time.
  15. KwameTheGreat

KwameTheGreat

Wow tell me how Gallade CC my HeatranWhich Earth Power'd it to a lil over 50%) I brinq out mines. I Bulk Up. It uses Trick Room. So I'm like, "Ok it qot a defense drop, I doubt Gallade can learn AA so it can do anything effective. I'll OHKO with CC". Boy was I wronq. It AA's. But I knew I would survive since it's 2x effective. The health drops more then regular. OHKO. CRITICAL HIT. I knew that Kingdra would fck me up.
  16. acinod

acinod

Wow thx Jump, now I see that you really are dedicated to this.

Reason I don't use a Jolly Garchomp is because I don't have one lol. Well not one that is very good.

Probably my mistake was using Trick on that Pinsir.
    If I knew what I was doing I would have known it carried a Scarf and would use a OHKO move so I should have Thunder Wave. Then I would've stand a chance.

BTW, what kind of team is the easier team to get 100+ streak? Is it your Starmie team?
  17. kd24

kd24 lemme just whip my dick out and slam it on the table
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

if you looked at the pokemon sets that jump has told you to see, you would find that gallade with tr and cc does indeed use aerial ace :/

720 Gallade Brave Iron Ball Trick Room Close Combat Aerial Ace Stone Edge Atk/Def
  18. Shelcario

Shelcario

Sometimes, I wonder how he manages to make it through the Battle Tower?
  19. FastHippo

FastHippo

Can you share with me, how your team generally or specifically handles some brightpowder leads, when your opening move misses? I am running a second team on a second DS. Brightpowder lead misses are the only thing to bother me so far. I have missed three times in 50 battles, I can't imagine getting to three or four hundred victories, with this team.

On a happier note, my third attempt with Hippo, Garchomp, Lucario/Lapras has been really smooth, so far.

I just can't come close to matching your pace. You have logged around 700 victories after I started my most recent BT run. Just to make it clear, rather than have you slow down, I'm merely saying that I would like to have access to a Battle Tower Hyperbolic Time Chamber, in order to keep up with your pace.
  20. KwameTheGreat

KwameTheGreat

Lul honestly I dont qo that hard for a qame. I don't have time to waste scanning sets and doinq damage cals and everything. I just play the qame. Learninq Ev/Iv's was hard enouqh. But as I keep battlinq the same Pokemon I can already tell which Pokemon has what. I might take a look at it thouqh. So I can know what to switch in and all.

Skill.

Going to try a team of:

Suicune
    Raikou
    Gallade/Dragonite

Raikou absorbs Electric, Dragonite for Ground type moves. Suicune for Ice Moves.
  21. Jumpman16

is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

"Easier" starts to bring time into the equation, though it really shouldn't. After battle 49 all the battles are the same difficulty so you should be using the team you think is best. You shouldn't really be losing 1-21 (unless Palmer's Milotic hacks the shit out of you and sleeps everything post Salac), but even battles 22-48 can pose somewhat of a challenge and I have lost my fair share of them.

My Starmie team is good enough to get through them fast enough to offset the undeniable fact that I probably wouldn't lose one 22-48 battles ever with the LLL or CLS teams. But, again, time is the reason I use the Starmie team from 1-49. From 1-21 the Starmie team is literally a 12-14 minute-per-7 team, and from 22-48 and even after that it's right around 20 minutes per. The LLL or CLS team is about 33 minutes per 7 after 49, and I guess we can round down to 30 to account for the smaller number of Turn 1 tests that are present from 22-49 but you can see that it's a solid 10 minutes difference. I just won't use LLL or CLS from 22-49...I would consider using a Latias/Garchomp/Scizor team in that span because both sweeper pokemon are 4-turn setups and battles may go pretty quickly...but I would have to lose first, lol

I am generally not threatened by the Brightpowder pokes because I am in very little danger on Turn 2 should I happen to miss on Turn 1. Quite a few love to Double Team as well but only once have I missed on Turn 2 as well with my LLL or CLS teams. The only time I missed more than once was against the BP Zapdos, and even that would have a rough time beating Latios with just Pluck and no Atk EVs even if Cresselia hadn't finally Tricked it on Turn 5. Brightpowder does really, really blow though, as with Focus Band it is an item that "in theory" can beat virtually any team. zerowing's Hail/Blizzard does a great job of counteracting both (a Camerupt managed to stay on Starmie's screen on some Battle 8 after losing to Metagross at ~154 some 6-7 weeks ago as I spammed Surf, thanks to a combination of Protect and Focus Band, and Tyra's Sand Stream would not have helped me), but the fact that more conventional teams and even less conventional ones like my Trick team can fall to repeated Focus Band hax is slightly offputting...I am pretty sure I'll feel sick for days if I lose my streak to Focus Band activating 2-3 times.

Me too, lol. I was telling zero and Fish at Smocon in LV that I then would seriously shell out $300 for a "Dodrio mode" that would allow me but only me to play the BT at three or four times the speed. At the time, I wouldn't have wanted someone like TRE to have access to it, but now I don't think it matters so much...It may make for longer streaks just because it's effectively giving everyone three or four times the amount of time to play, but you still have to have and awesome team and still need to know what you're doing!
  22. Kawl

Kawl

Hey Jumpman you wouldn't mind helping me construct my own BT team would ya?
    i have a general idea of two pokemon i wanna use but i can't think of a third :S
    i really want to try and get an amazing streak

so if you (or anyone who is pretty good) could help me would you mind posting here or pming me?

oh and if this isn't the right place to ask sorry :x
  23. shipship

shipship

Wow this would be awesome.

Thinks back to the days of playing RBY on Stadium at 3x speed lol. Good times.
  24. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

updated my record post on page 39 with "some" text lol

anyway I lost on my second run at #88 I think...despite it being a counterteam (yanmega4-luxray4-rhyperior4) I was 3-1 up but latios was locked into psychic and I stayed against rhy which did about 80% and it stone edged me, it outsped skarmory and CH stone edged me...I was stupid and not focused enough...I didn´t check the set but thought it was the scarf one (battle scene off means I didn´t see QC) and cursed with snorlax...it hammer armed me which means I could´ve gotten 2 crunches in (one wasn´t enough) unless he got another QC

this was a really poorly played game from my side, I should´ve let snorlax diel and then bring in latios to surf, yeah QC would´ve ruined me but still a better chance than this...maybe I should´ve even stayed in on luxray and roost on thunderfangs hmm

random note1: yeah I don´t have a rock resist :/ but don´t feel like a swampert or something could get the job done like snorlax does

random note2: the latest sets of 7 took about 35-40 minutes even with logs...but I played more risky by using latios a lot more turn1

random note3: the AI went crazy with hax I mean it was ridiculous what I had to face in those 40 battles...slowking1 CH froze snorlax turn one and I was frozen for 11 turns before he CH water pulsed me to death with the 12th one, a lot more CHs, a lot more everything (yeah this is why I always switch skarm on the ice beam first but didn´t do now)...it´s like jump cursed me with his "snorlax has the biggest target on his big ass back" comment lol

random note4: in fact, TRE is still the DP only tower singles champ with 330 because jump´s record team is 2/3 tradeback...not that this affects what an incredible job jump has done

EDIT: what the hell is "dodrio mode"?
  25. Jumpman16

it was a mode in Pokemon Stadium 1&2 where you got to hook up your RBYGSC cart to your Nintendo64 controller and play at Doduo mode (2× speed) or Dodrio mode (either 3× or 4× speed, can't remember). this would be very beneficial for hardcore BTers for obvious reason but wouldn't necessarily guarantee everyone a 200+ streak...and even if we'd have a lot more 200+ streaks by now if there were a Dodrio mode just imagine where I would/could be right now. the 350+ battles I've won already would have taken like 7 hours instead of 26-28, and while every battle after that is obviously not a guaranteed win, I would either be over 1,000 right now or would have already started another streak and "probably" gotten back to 350 by now, and i use the word "probably" very literally here because my CLS team is around 572-2 right now which is a 99.65 win percentage so by sheer probability I am not likely to lose any given battle and have four times the amount of time to do it, which is like 7 minutes per 7 battles or a battle per minute so yeah

not sure i care about the tradeback thing too much given it's still the DP tower, i mean i don't even remotely feel compelled to "prove that i could have won 10 more battles" with my LLL team when i have a streak going with a legit team and i would rather try the latias/garchomp/scizor team next anyway. anyone's invited to beat my record with whatever team they want as far as im concerned

it kind of isnt but regardless you should have at least posted your two pokemon first, complete with items, sets, EV spreads, natures and abilities...i can't work with literally nothing and nobody wants to do that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)