1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shipship

shipship

A bit off topic perhaps, but does anyone spam the first 21 fights just to get that Ability Ribbon on all your ev'd battle-ready pokes?

I can't be the only one. :)
  2. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

no lol, tre posted that he had over 10,000 months ago when i posted that i had ~3,600, and that wasn't counting the 1,000-2,000 he used (i dont like to use mine)
  3. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

first pearl tower run and I´ve just met cyclist cordell in battle #7 (group 2) and roughneck donnell in battle #14 (group 3), what I wrote on the last page is true so far

lol I´m nowhere near the level of "experience" (number of battles fought) in DP as TRE (just look at his double streaks) or jump because I was breeding way more than doing anything else in DP, mostly because I´m a stand alone player (I have to catch/breed/train everything myself)...I´d definitely be "PKMN Breeder Peterko" in the tower lol...I don´t even have 1000 BP right now because everytime I got to like 300 I wasted them...ehm I mean used them to buy at least 3 of each item etc.

emerald frontier on the other hand was more hardcore with 4966 BP won (just checked my trainer card)

what TRE and jump said is true though, if you play that much you´ll remember the trainer specialization and pokémon sets sooner or later, although to lose a high streak just because you didn´t check the lists is way more "pissed off" material than to lose to hax or whatever

I have the trainer list (the 100 that matter) printed on one piece of paper (both sides) and a modified moveset list on 3 pieces (both sides)

EDIT: I met bug catcher aric (group 5) in battle #28
  4. Iamslow

Iamslow

Yes, I do to get the relatively easy 20 points from the Tycoon when I need a TM!
  5. FastHippo

FastHippo

It just happened, again. Thanks to Peterko, I run a 2nd team on another DS. Electivire 4 took my Jolteon down to 1/149, it then used EQ again, rather than Fire or Ice Punch.

Also, Palmer talks WAY too much, before and after.
  6. wtansley

wtansley

I've also had many instances where the "weakest move that still KO's" hasn't been selected.. if you ask me, the AI starts off with the highest BP move, then when it has more than one move that it "thinks" will finish you off it just randomly chooses between those (I say "thinks" because as others have said, occasionally it will mess up and use some pathetic move that doesn't quite finish you off - happened a few times against my Cress which is always amusing).
  7. Jumpman16

is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

[​IMG]

change is coming...
  8. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

you're a beast jump
  9. Chinese Dood

Chinese Dood

Wow that's amazing!
  10. Groombridge

Groombridge

Truly, this is a great day! No longer will the American people have to settle for the sub-400 BT records of the Bush adminstration!
  11. acinod

acinod

I'm at 802 with my team of Ninjask with Sheer Cold and No Guard and Wondertomb with Lock-On Sheer Cold.

jks i know we Smogoners hate hacks
  12. Jumpman16

lol

that reminds me of one of the funnier posts in this thread, some guy hacked a wondertomb and still lost to fire fang at like battle 99, haha
  13. acinod

acinod

lol

my team was:

ninjask - focus sash - no guard - sheercold/spore/sacredfire/worryseed
    spiritomb - leftovers - wonder guard - sheercold/lock-on/magmastorm/worryseed
    smeargle (lol i just put him here to get him ribbons, his moves and stats are useless so dw)

I lost at BATTLE 14!!!

I wasn't concentrating so I was just spamming A thinking I would sweep the whole 7 battles with ninjask using sheercold...too bad a lairon got in the way with sturdy (if I was concentrating I would have worryseed it and sheer cold it but I wasn't)
    so ninjask died and I switched in spiritomb. i gastroacid and he doubleteams, i lock-on next turn and he double teams, and the following turn HE PROTECTS and i miss my sheer cold! this continued until I lost all my PP and struggled to death.
    smeargle died quickly of course because all he had was splash, metoer mash, silver wind, ancientpower (they were for contests) and they did like less than 10% dmg so yeh I lost at Battle 14.

Can't believe I got my friend to hack these 'unstoppable' monsters and lost at battle 14...
  14. Sandslash

Sandslash

spore worry seed combo is lethal :p
  15. shipship

shipship

Gastro Acid would be better than Worry Seed there.
  16. Bozo

Bozo

wow, believe it or not i came on to report that i had a BT double battle in which this exact thing happened to me. they led with roserade and poliwrath:

turn 1.
    gengar used hidden power (ice) - failed to KO roserade. gyarados used dragon dance. roserade used worry seed - gyarados acquired insomnia. poliwrath used hypnosis - gyarados stayed awake because of its insomnia.

not too long ago i saw another stupid thing. their leads (sudowoodo and bellossom) BOTH used weather changing moves on the first turn hehe......
  17. lati0s

lati0s

im not too suprised by that, i've seen the computer use helping hand+protect before
  18. shipship

shipship

About the CPU using the weakest move that would KO:

I had a Weavile (at 1 HP) go against a Charizard.

Weavile was my lead and I was already up 2-0 so I just attacked it.

I used Ice Punch which did about 60% to Charizard. Charizard then used Focus Blast... he missed so I ko'd it with the next hit.

Clearly Focus Blast was his strongest possible move against Weavile, but I had 1 HP left...
  19. FastHippo

FastHippo

Golduck 4 used Hydro Pump against my Lapras, when I was behind a sub and injured. It shocked me. I was under the impression that the AI always knows your ability. He should have used Psychic (it wouldn't've broken my sub) as he had done before.
  20. braytyso07

braytyso07

My best streak in the battle tower is 67 with a not very good team

Cloyster @ leftovers
    Skill link
    Lax Nature
    Ice Beam
    Protect
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes

Spikes and Toxic Spikes gives me a good advantage with the others

Lucario 2 Muscle Band
    Inner Focus
    Adamant Nature
    Close Combat
    ExtremeSpeed
    Swords Dance
    Aura Sphere

Swords Dance + Close Combat make a good strategy, except ghost Pokemon are a pain, especially mistreavius [sorry for bad spelling]

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Intimidate
    Lonely Nature
    Flamethrower
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Claw
    Hydro Pump

really only used when Lucario and Cloyster got knocked out, which hardly happened anyway
  21. kd24

kd24 lemme just whip my dick out and slam it on the table
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I really can't wait until I can get Platinum. I have a nice Adamant Scizor with great ivs and a very good Mild Zapdos with amazing Special Attack and Hidden Power Grass (I believe). Heat Wave and Bullet Punch are 2 moves that I just can't wait for.

In the mean time, im gonna try this team for fun:

Zapdos: Leftovers
    Mild
    evs: 4 hp / 252 spa / 252 spe
    - thunderbolt
    - hidden power
    - roost
    - toxic (will soon be heat wave)

Slaking: Choice Band
    Jolly
    evs: 4 hp / 252 atk / 252 spe
    - return
    - shadow claw
    - fire punch
    - earthquake

(dont have shadow claw on this yet, hopefully its not an illegal combo in d/p or else i have to wait until platinum :/)

Scizor: Life Orb
    Adamant
    evs: 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 spe
    - swords dance
    - bullet punch / iron head (cant wait for platinum so i can use bp)
    - quick attack / aerial ace
    - x-scissor

dont see a need for a fighting type move yet, aerial ace would be nice for a set up pokemon like this
  22. Shelcario

Shelcario

That's a lot higher than any streak I could muster in the Singles Battle Tower, a measly 47/48 is my best:( When you compare it to giant streaks such as Jumpmans' then it's like nothing.
  23. frisWEE

frisWEE

u just have to like figure a strategy to beat the tower methods. i mean u know that they dont switch out so trick/switcheroo is a great tactic. im using that tactic but with a machamp with bulk up, dynamic punch and bullet punch and sub. if that dies to a usually psychic move or flying cos i max ev trained hp i have gengar who revenge kills with shadow ball or thunderbolt and can also counter. atm i am at around 77 and its working. may use lopunny instead of Zam but zam is useful to set up screens for machamp.

hey can anyone answer why the TT's milotic always hits hydro pump. its sucks.
  24. No_One411

No_One411

Why does Cloyster have Skill Link if it can't utilize it at all? At least Shell Armor prevents the AI from scoring cheap critical hits on you.

I'd recommend Crunch/Shadow Claw on Lucario over Aura Sphere. The main reasons being that Aura Sphere is special based and that you said you had trouble with Ghosts.

On Salamence, I probably would get rid of Dragon Claw and switch it out with Dragon Pulse.
  25. Ranz

Ranz

Has anyone here got Tips on why Garchomp got so useful in the BT? almost 80% of the Teams use it nowadays..

My questions:
    Does shiny pokemon appear in the battle tower? Cuz i remembered once, I once used a shiny feraligatr at the Battle Factory in Emerald..

anyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)