1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

U G L why doesn't this Battle Tower team have a Y? D:

Here's my latest team, and easily my favorite. Snagged at 61 thanks to my misjudgment & lack of items (along with other lacking factors, aha Uxie had no EVs then, silly me <_<) at that time. (Salac Berry on Lucario would've won it. :[) Anywho, my UGL Team. It's back at 49, and I really hope I can knock down that 100 door... Perhaps further.
    [​IMG]
    Uxie ("it") @ Light Clay ** Yellow Hat
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP | 128 Defense | 128 Special Defense
    Nature: Bold (+ Defense, - Attack)
    → Yawn
    → Light Screen
    → Reflect
    → Knock Off, but seems fillerish (Options: Protect, Flash, U-Turn, Sleep Talk)
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    It's art to perfect this team's strategy, and almost anyone can paint it. Uxie is often compared to its Psyhic-type 4th Generation legends; the likes of Cresselia, Mespirit, and Azelf. I wouldn't doubt Cresselia's ability to Trick (Jump has proven success there), Mespirit's balanced ability, or Azelf's sheer destruction or mere suicidal attempts. But there's one tool Uxie has up its yellow cap, and that's Yawn. A move none other of the Psychics posses. When I began building this team, I thought of an easy cookie cutter strategy, give screens to Garchomp. Azelf was obviously the first ticket on my mind, but diving into research on all three... Uxie's little snot bubble attack shined. I had to use it.

Uxie can take a hit, even if it's super effective. Base 130 defenses are very useful, and its base 95 speed is a stat commonly overlooked by fellow battlers. I had my Pocket Monster. Yawn, Duel Screens, can easily start the chain to get to one of the two sweeps, set up, swiffer time, next battle.

I wanted to go perfectly even with Effort Values, spreading the stats apart like that. Then a nature to supply its majority of weaknesses. By that I mean, the defense that is hit the most with super effective attacks, I wanted to boost. We all know the weaknesses; Ghost, Bug, and Dark. Simple. Now looking even further to the damage dealing attacks. We have Ghost (6 physical, 3 special / 2:1 Ratio) Bug (9 physical, 3 special / 3:1) and Dark (13 physical, 1 Special) So overwhelmingly, the defensive nature is necessary. (28 physical, 7 special / 4:1) Bold nature as the goal was an easy decision from there.

The last move I have struggled to come to a decision to since day one. I used to use Grass Knot for all the Wailord & Hippowdon I saw, I've used flash, I've used Protect to scout the opponent's move, screen or yawn accordingly. Although with knowing the Pocket Monster's set, I didn't find much use for it. I just can't decide about that slot for the life of me. :/ I rarely use the move there anyway, so whatever goes there is really just a bonus I guess. I hate to sound like I'm degrading the use of it, but I haven't found what I need there yet. The only move that stands out in my eyes at the moment, is the Platinum move tutor, Knock Off. Not only will it break a Sash trying to spoil the broom fun, but it'll get rid of pesky Lum Berries or Quick Claw. >:/ Which I hate. So until I find a better option, Knock Off it is.
    [​IMG]
    Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry ** Jet Stream
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed
    Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
    → Swords Dance
    → Substitute
    → Dragon Claw
    → Earthquake
    The real description is... why not? I mean really, just give Garchomp one turn and it'll go to town like Hurricane Katrina. I'm not sure how I can be tl;dr here as what has been said has been... well said. One of the things that stand out to your eye is probably Dragon Claw. Why? To be honest, because I didn't get it while breeding. :x I could go try another time for Outrage. It's not like Dragon Claw has failed me either, I like the fact I can switch attacks. Otherwise, there's really not much to say here now is there?
    [​IMG]
    Lucario (M) @ Salac Berry ** PulseStorm
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 28 HP | 228 Special Attack | 252 Speed
    Nature: Modest
    → Aura Sphere
    → Dark Pulse
    → Calm Mind
    → Substitute
    Look familiar? That's right, Jump's CM Lucario. To be honest, at first I was skeptical if it'd work so well. I see Swords Dance variants tear everything part over on Shoddy, but going accustomed to the Battle Tower atmosphere... I found this Pocket Monster is just unbelievable. "It's not even fair o_o;" was my reaction when I shred numerous Battle Tower teams up with it.

Before Lucario, there was SubPunch Azumarill. I grew tired of struggling to take down opposing Slowbro & King, and seeing as this slot was really flexible at the time, I decided to look elsewhere. That's where I found Jump's CM Lucario. I wanted to try it out and well... you all know how I feel about it by now. And Lucario really finishes and fits the team mold... perfectly. It resists every weakness of Uxie & Garchomp. And those two resist back, perfect harmony, which is music to my ears.

As much as Garchomp rips things into oblivion, Lucario has the overwhelming majority of 3 - 0 sweeps. (About 70% / 30%) Lucario usually finds himself coming into make an appearance before Garchomp, why? Again, the resistances. Uxie's weaknesses: Ghost-type (½×) Bug-type (¼×) and Dark-type (¼×) That's excellent. And I'm often comfortable switching Lucario in because the AI will not Earthquake or throw Ground-type attacks at Uxie, and usually doesn't elect a Fighting-type attack, although it depends on Uxie's health. (As most of us know, sometimes the AI will use a resist to finish it off, damn that. :/) As for Lucario's weaknesses, they tend to be on the physical side of the spectrum, thus Lucario never minds a healthy Reflect.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory thanks to → this.

The Strategy
    Should have been easily noticeable already, but I'll say it anyway. I set up the proper screen based on the opponent's moveset. (if they have a super effective attack) If not, I Yawn first. (I also quickly Yawn stat uppers that may cause trouble) Then I'll screen the opponent's general type of attacks, and switch off to a sweeper. Sweeper A or B then sets up substitute to prevent status and what not. (Or an unfortunate quick wake up call) Behind said substitute, they abuse Swords Dance or Calm Mind, once I feel I'm ready, I beat the mother fudging pie out of my opponent.

So, yeah, that's my crew. Just a lurker trying to achieve 100. Thanks for inspiring me guys, now I'm enjoying being a Battle Tower Maniac.
  2. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Tiering Contributor

How does this set handle Weavile, who OHKOs and outspeeds Garchomp and Lucario, with Brick Break to destroy Dual Screen? Uxie would need HP Fighting, and that's really hard to get for a legendary.
    And whats the point of Substitute on Garchomp when he has a Lum Berry?
  3. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

I had Fire Blast over Substitute earlier, but I found myself in more situations (Like, say, 736 Crobat - Hypnosis, etc) where I wanted substitute to set up safer, or absorb an attack. And he has Lum Berry as well in case of switching in on a Body Slam or Confuse Ray. Maybe I'm just paranoid about status, and should probably go get Outrage, mmm. Perhaps another item could work better?

As for Weavile...

[ 440 Weavile Brave Razor Claw Night Slash Metal Claw Slash Shadow Claw HP/Atk ]
    • Lucario shrugs off the entire set. (Although Crits aren't welcome. >>)
    [ 576 Weavile Jolly Chople Berry Night Slash Ice Shard X-Scissor Poison Jab Atk/Speed]
    • I played this one once; so... with out Brick Break, Reflect gave Lucario the thumbs up to sweep.
    [ 712 Weavile Jolly Choice Band Night Slash Ice Shard Aerial Ace Brick Break Atk/Speed]
    • If it leads it'll be lock onto Night Slash in hopes of OHKOing Uxie, so I'd switch, Lucario can come in and handle it. (taking 24.16% - 28.19%) Lets say it comes in as the second Monster and Lucario is in with a screen, it'll Brick Break, but sub should be there to take it and Aura Sphere would end that Vile. If substitute isn't there, I'd go to Uxie (because it would OHKO Lucario) Yawn then comes into play.
    [ 848 Weavile Jolly Focus Sash Night Slash Ice Punch Aerial Ace Brick Break Atk/Speed ]
    • Night Slash doesn't OHKO Uxie here, so I can Yawn. I can then let Uxie fall to the second attack and one of the sweepers can handle it from there. Have to deal with Sash though is the problem, they can 2HKO while it's asleep. (Although, yes, I am relying on sleep, which, if it wakes up earlier, well...) Although that doesn't set me in the most favorable position for the upcoming Pocket Monsters. If it enters late game, I hope I'm set up and sweeping, otherwise, bleh. :/
    Definitely one of the larger threats to this team, so it's a handful, that's for sure. D:

EDIT: Although, since you brought up the Weavile problem, I wonder if Scizor would be a better option, hmm...
  4. Ranz

Ranz

I hate it... Have you ever Experienced Gliscor Quick claw Guillotine Twice ? and HIT TWICE?? GOD. I lost at the 126..
  5. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I haven't actually but that's probably because there are no Quick Claw Guillotine Gliscor's in the Battle Tower.

Could people please stop making up ridiculous hax stories?
  6. KwameTheGreat

KwameTheGreat

Um, look at my post you quoted and you can see I clearly said DOUBLES. U know what's more annoying then Tangrowth? That stupid Dusclops in the 2nd set of 7 that has Toxic, Protect, Double Team 2 Leftovers. And I faced Wobbufet 4 battles straight in the 1st set of 7. Deja Vu?
  7. Chinese Dood

Chinese Dood

Lol yah... at first I thought I read Crawdaunt. Then I read again and thought something was weird about it.

... So (while we're on the subject), the past 5 out of 6 or so attempts at single battle tower, I got to between 70 - 80, and all of those times lost to OHKO users, the most ridiculous one being Sheer Cold hitting 3 times in a row (I had subs, obviously). O well, I think I need a better team.
  8. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Tiering Contributor

Weavile is handled ok, but how would you know what Weavile set is it - if it has the CB to OHKO Uxie, preventing Reflect, or the Focus Sash to take a hit as you swap to Lucario?

Scizor... I'm against him because Garchomp's attacks are resisted by Skarmory. Scizor also struggles against him, who Whirlwinds any attempt to set up.

What would you think of replacing Garchomp's Lum Berry with a Salac Berry? You can Sub first turn, so if Crobat comes into play, you Sub till Salac activates and OHKO Crobat before he uses Hypnosis. You should still block at least most status attempts.

Also, how do you know all the Weavile sets?
  9. Shelcario

Shelcario

10. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It's been posted a couple times in this thread not only what sets are possible on what pokemon but also that certain trainers use certain pokemon. Both of these facts about the BT are included in the first post, which you should have at least read before trying to rate/fix someone's team. His Garchomp is fine outside of DC-over-Outrage preference, Crobat is not a threat when Garchomp will be at at least +4, probably behind a Sub and probably has a Lum Berry anyway. Also Skarmory will virtually never beat a Scizor with at least +4 in Atk, since the only one with a phazing move (Roar, not Whirlwind) takes 99% minimum from +4 Superpower.

Further, the point of Substitute has been made clear by people like FastHippo, Lee and myself—it is the best defense against Quick Claw, Brightpowder, Focus Sash and attacks in general. It's probably the single most useful move in the entire BT, since the biggest threat to one's streak is hax.

Anyway, Beachboy, very nice team and I enjoyed the writeup. If I were to suggest anything I would suggest Focus Sash over Light Clay on Uxie to ensure at least another move. I'd also recommend Outrage over Dragon Claw just because Lum Berry ensures at least four non-confused hits. Lastly Scizor over Luke may be in order, and the smaller amount of time Reflect/Light Screen will be in play doesn't hurt Scizor as much since it needs less time to set up.
  11. Luna Moon

Luna Moon

Hello,
    I just beated Trainer No. 217 and thats is my record so far.

So can i be put on the list or do i need to have more posts before i can on the list ?

Anyway i got proof that i Hit the 217.
  12. KwameTheGreat

KwameTheGreat

AWF you have to post your team along with Ev's/Nature/Items/Moves. And you can post their role on your team if you want.
  13. Luna Moon

Luna Moon

Ok this is the team im using:

[​IMG]
    Weavile@Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Pressure
    252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
    -Ice Punch
    -Brick Break
    -Night Slash
    -Aerial Ace

[​IMG]
    Salamence@Choice Scarf
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Intimidate
    252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP

-Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Claw

[​IMG]
    Starmie@Expert Belt
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Natural Cure
    252 Sp Atk/252 Speed/4 hp

-Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam
  14. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

well, you should at least read the first post in this topic...or follow some of the record links to see the way you should "post a record"

you don´t have to be a well known member or have a particular number of posts to be added, but it will all come down to how trustworthy your team/reasoning or whatever is...217 is not an everyday achievement and while a "proof pic" helps, the team/strategy has more weight in here

also it´s weird that there are still people out there who have no clue about the tower movesets and trainers...I mean after all this time :/

yeah and I wanted to respond to the first BeachBoy post in this topic but I forgot...I really like the way you described everything, gl in your run (also I´d go with U-turn on Uxie, there are not many pokémon who can pull a yawnturn combo)
  15. Age of Kings

Age of Kings of the Ash Legion
    is a Forum Moderator

Late post, but I thought this team's concept was very interesting.
    In D/P, however, I would imagine Crobat working just as well in place of Jolteon. It doesn't have access to Charm and Flash, but it handles anything that resists sleep well (at least off the top of my head) in addition to being bulkier and may or may not need the Sash.

Actually nevermind, but I just gave myself an idea and will now try to formulate something centered around Crobat.
  16. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Just got haxed out at battle 55 on my second attempt using the same team that got me 151 wins. (is it me or are the two sets following battle 49 where a lot of hax happens?) Two crits and a Fissure screwed me over. :[

I think I'll have to make one of those "disable then setup and sweep" teams.

I think the point was to abuse Yawn (which never misses) rather than chance it with a 70 acc Hypnosis. Consistency despite hax is really the central theme of all the great BT teams.
  17. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

As said, it's very simple to know which Pocket Monsters and set a trainer is using. So, those are the only four Weavile I have to deal with. Two of which are conformable, another is beat by prediction thanks to Choice Band, and the final one is difficult, but doable. And I think with implementing Jump's idea of Focus Sash, that'll make it less of a worry anyway.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Jump, and thanks for the compliment! Yeah, I think before I make my run past 49, I'll get a better Garchomp with Outrage. Hmm, Focus Sash, I actually never considered it thanks to Uxie's defenses, but that would indeed be a insurance to inevitable hax & that troublesome Weavile, so I'll give it a try. Scizor replacement over Lucario is looking better and better to me. I'll have to get my hands on one and give it a go. Again, thank you... and for really getting me into this. XD

Agreed, and I have to say it's one of the most helpful tools of information out there. It's one of my main links in my Firefox Morning Coffee add on. I'm addicted to that page.

And thank you, Peterko. And yeah, U-turn has some pretty good pros... I mean, I can set up a screen, yawn, U-turn to a resist. (Breaking annoying sash) Or just Yawn and turn if it's not much of a threat anyway. Thanks for the input, Peterko, I appreciate it.

Then I'd say go for it, I mean, I think it's one of if not the most effective way to win in the Battle Tower.
  18. Everstone

Everstone Now 100% reliable
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Okay, I officially hate Gliscor now. Hear this sad tale of hax.

Was at Battle 224
    I send out Metagross they lead with Gliscor
    I Trick a Scarf onto it, it Guillotines and hits, OHKO
    I send out Suicune, Guillotines, OHKO
    I send out Garchomp, it Guillotines, hits, brings it down to 1 health due to Sash. I Swords Dance since it's not gonna OHKO it w/o it.
    It Guillotines, hits again, Garchomp's dead.

What utter bullcrap. I'm going to make sure when facing this piece of shit as a lead I'm going to just straight up Ice Punch it with Metagross instead of Tricking it then if Gross falls just set up Swords Dance with Chomp then hopefully the next attack will kill it.
  19. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

wow that is some intense battling Everstone...you got to 223 wins just 4 days after your 211 streak?

what happened to you is something that bugs my current theorymon...

anyway, multiple OHKOs hurt, 30% - 9% - 2,7% - 0,81% - 0,243% probability

2CHs in a row is 0,390625% probability, this one I hate more than OHKOs with lati/skarm/lax...only because of skarmory lol

QC+CH turn1 is another bitch with about 1,5% probability

hmm I wonder what our "tower trickking" does when facing that one, does gliscor3 go for SE with payback/u-turn against cresselia or what?

EDIT: I mean if you trick you get the sash and PP waste at least 2 guillotines, reflect doesn´t help, scor is immune to thunder wave and flash doesn´t affect the accuracy of guillotine...if he doesn´t hit the third one (I mean the first turn you face it with an unsubbed lati/luke) you win (it misses, you sub, sub, sub, struggle...), it all comes down to praying...or am i missing something?

oh if that was gliscor2 the yache one why didn´t it earthquake your metagross then? I bet scor2 would guillotine cresselia turn1
  20. Battle-Tower Challenger

Battle-Tower Challenger

My team lost at 101 >.< so my record in battle tower is 100
    i used:

Chomp
    @ Yacheberry
    EVs: 4, 252, 0, 252+, 0-, 0 (jolly)

~ SD
    ~ Sub
    ~ EQ
    ~ DragonClaw

Lucario
    @ Focussash
    EVs: 4, 0-, 0, 252, 252, 0 (modest)

~ Aura
    ~ DarkPulse
    ~ Psysic
    ~ CM

Cresselia
    @ Überreste
    EVs:252, 0-, 244, 0, 0, 16+ (calm)

~ Psysic
    ~ CM
    ~ IB
    ~ Moonlight
    ->for a long time, this was the lead

Lucario is against Ice pkmns, and Ghost, Dark, Dragon. Cresselias ability helos the Earthweak
  21. KwameTheGreat

KwameTheGreat

Dang that sucks son. I never really had trouble with OHKO's users. Say if it's Walrein/Dewgong/Glalie/OHKO fill/ I'll usually use ThunderPunch/EQ/MM on it whichever one is SE against it, so I know I get it to at LEAST half health. That way if they DO OHKO me I can bring in Starmie and OHKO it with BoltBeam. Or I'll let Meta die, bring in Weavile and keep SD'ing until they hit, activating the Sash. Then sweep the team. I always let Meta do dmg, die, bring in Starmie, sweep. I lost to a fuckin DT/Leech Seed/Toxic/Sub Ludiculo. What The Buck.
  22. Bozo

Bozo

damn everstone that sucks :(

well, my doubles run ended at battle 80. largely due to me overlooking something. but hey, i learnt something new (thunder hits you while bouncing). this is what happened:

1. i lead with smeargle and charizard. they led with pinsir (mold breaker) and walrein. smeargle uses dark void and they both fall asleep, yay! charizard uses sub. both enemies are asleep.

2. smeargle switches out and in comes gyarados. charizard uses belly drum. both opponents still asleep, oh yeah got this one in the bag.

3. charizard uses EQ, and gyarados uses dragon dance. i figured charizards EQ wouldnt OHKO either (it didnt, but did way more than 50% to both), but that probably they wouldnt both wake up, so it wouldnt hurt to do it this way. anyway, they did both wake up - pinsir breaks the sub with stone edge, and walrein finishes zard with blizzard, which missed gyarados.

4. i bring smeargle back in and gyarados uses DD again while smeargle uses dark void. i was guessing that walrein would use protect since it "went first" one time while it was asleep. so walrein protects itself, and pinsir falls asleep.

5. now i switch smeargle for gengar, and gyarados (with two DD's) finishes off both foes with EQ.

6. they switch in starmie and tangrowth. i figure its easy now. i assume starmie will aim a thunderbolt at gyarados, but that gengar can OHKO with shadow ball anyway. so i select bounce for gyarados (aimed at tangrowth) and shadow ball for starmie. shadow ball does about 95%, then starmie uses THUNDER and kills gyarados IN THE AIR (i thought only fly was affected in that way). tangrowth uses power whip and does 55% to gengar.

7. i send back smeargle. smeargle uses dark void - sleeps starmie, and tangrowth avoids the attack. gengar finishes starmie with shadow ball (of course i aimed at the one which actually fell asleep). tangrowth OHKO's smeargle with focus blast (wtf mixed tangrowth....).

8. gengar does about 55% with shadow ball, and tangrowth finishes gengar off with power whip.

so anyway, theres a few things i could have done better. i really should have anticipated starmie surviving shadow ball, although i dont think i ever would have guessed thunder. i should have used shadow ball and EQ on turn 6 - it would have definitely eliminated starmie (even if it was faster than my gengar, because i had focus sash). and even if EQ did minute damage to tangrowth, it should have been easy to KO it on the next turn. oh well.......

oh and it also gives me an idea for one of smeargles other "filler" moves - spore. this is my smeargles new moveset: dark void, spore, destiny bond, helping hand. dark void is awesome for often putting both enemies to sleep (and almost always at least one). but spore would really have come in handy there (and other times) when i know i can KO one of the opponents, and just want to make sure i can sleep the other one. oh well......

btw the main reason im doing doubles (especially with this particular team) is to get another ribbon for shiny gyarados.
  23. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

lol trickking

anyway months ago I lost to yache guillotine gliscor with that 2.7% chance, pretty sure i posted about it too, and vowed not to let that thing beat me again because i used Switcheroo. That is why I decided to use Sweet Kiss on it, and that I know that most people wouldn't know that you're "supposed to" do that even if they borrowed my team. You lost in a similar way, Everstone...I knew that 3x guillitone in a row was a slim chance and was prepared to just sub with latios if it hit lopunny, but when you want to break 330, 2.7% is way too fucking high to put up with. Sorry about the loss Everstone, and especially "sorry" that the loss wasn't something that I hadn't already posted about because there are still thing I'm not going to tell you as reigning trickking!

today if facing a lead gliscor with my CLS team i am just going to reflect (i have yet to see one as a lead which is fine with me). gliscor3 is retarded and uses counter in latios's face a lot because the ai is too stupid to realize how to use the move right, so if it hits with guillotine latios is faster and will sub in its face and uturn wont do a lot, i dont care enough to check to see if it breaks sub because this is the right play regardless (i have actually faced this gliscor with latios in the last 2-4 months and didnt have latios fully set up and it let me CM up cause it's stupid. it's also going to randomly uturn turn 1 a lot like stuff likes to, so reflect is not a bad move even if i have to switch turn 2. gliscor2's best bet is poison jab on latios which i am "pretty sure" doesn't break my sub under reflect so i will sub and get 2-3 CMs and play from there, subbing if it breaks my sub with guilotine or PJ.

again i havent faced it but i am less afraid of it now than with lopunny who couldn't even reflect and obviously every time i charmed it would be hyper cutter, what a gay counter pokemon to my entire strat that thing was lol
  24. Everstone

Everstone Now 100% reliable
    is a Contributor Alumnus

It would appear so. I didn't have to start over since that 211 streak so I guess it's not surprising that I got that high in a few days.

For the record, I believe the Gliscor was carrying a Yache. I don't know why it didn't EQ though as I always thought if they had a OHKO move and the Pokemon they're facing wasn't immune to it they'd just spam it. I did face another seemingly outrageous form of hax earlier on. It was against an Abomasnow. Thankfully it was the second Pokemon sent out so by then I set up Suicune by then. What happened was it crit me with Energy Ball and broke my sub 4 times in a row. Good thing I was faster than it and could sub up after it attacked. It wasn't exactly game changing since I swapped Sleep Talk on Cune for Substitute this run, but it was really annoying to say the least.

So your strat revolves around putting stuff to sleep and setting up Bellyzard? I find it pretty risky, especially if Dark Void misses both targets. I do have a doubles team that managed to get up to 98 wins that I never bothered to post.

Jolly Azelf@Choice Scarf
    -Trick
    -Ice Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Explosion

Sassy Dusknoir@Leftovers
    -Trick Room
    -Ice Punch (will replace with Protect)
    -Thunderpunch
    -Pain Split

Brave Machamp@Life Orb
    -Dynamicpunch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch

Adamant (I'll get Brave soon) Metagross@Muscle Band
    -Explosion
    -Ice Punch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Thunderpunch

The idea was for Azelf to either Trick something that I don't perceive as a threat, or get a fast Explosion in, then Dusknoir sets up Trick Room once Azelf does its job. If I Tricked something then I pretty much ignore the guy that's Tricked and just gang up 2 against 1 on the other mons. Repeat until everything but the Tricked one is dead, then kill the thing with the Scarf last. If I explode then I send in Gross to do another Explosion, hopefully killing the other two guys. Machamp cleans up if anything survives the Explosions.

Problem I've seen is it's too reliant on Dusknoir staying alive to be effective later on, as it got promptly Fissured first round, then everything went downhill from there. I'm gonna replace of the attacks on Dusknoir with Protect when I give this team another shot and maybe add another Trick Room user.
  25. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

i got 105 wins with this team then changed my team around and lost on106 because i switched cress with gyrados and miss clicked twice : (
    anyways im trying again to get to 150 without changing my team and with a different team

hers the one i got to 105 wins with

gengar@focus sash
    252sp.att/252speed/6hp
    timid
    energy ball
    t-bold
    shadow ball
    destiny bond

2kos most pokes what i cant kill i take down with me

garchomp@choice band
    jolly
    252att/252speed/6hp
    outrage
    firefang
    EQ
    crunch

basic revenge killer
    im using this guy with bronzong and t-tar on my new team

cressilia@leftys
    naiive (cant help thats the nature i got ti at i know it should be bold)
    252hp/129def/129sp.def
    toxic
    psychic
    moonlight
    ice beam

outstalled many pokes...the ultimate tank

there it is
    i just got tired of using the same pokes.i could have gone way higher.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)