1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

here you go...sorry if I missed some (maybe some original 140-151 neutral speed ones that can be +speed), but this took a lot of time and was a pain ._.
    - 1/2/3 or 3/4 mean pokémon sets
    - (16% or 68%) this should be pretty self-explanatory, just read jumps note in the first post

D/P BATTLE TOWER SPEED TIERS

213 (142 + choice scarf) outspeeds everything in the tower besides priority moves and quick claw
    211 electrode 1/2/3 (16%)
    208 scarf absol 4 (16%)
    201 (134 + choice scarf) outspeeds everything in the tower besides +speed electrode, scarf absol, priority moves and quick claw
    200 aerodactyl 2/3/4; crobat 1/3/4; jolteon 3/4 (16%)
    198 ninjask 1/2 (16%)
    194 weavile 2/3/4 (16%)
    192 electrode 1/2/3 (68%)
    190 scarf absol 4 (68%)
    189 alakazam 3/4; dugtrio 1/3/4; sceptile 2/4 (16%)
    188 aerodactyl 1; jolteon 2 (16%)
    186 scarf/1DD tyranitar 3/4 (16%)
    183 ambipom 4; raikou 2/4; starmie 3/4; floatzel 1 (16%)
    182 aerodactyl 2/3/4; crobat 1/3/4; jolteon 3/4 (68%)
    181 salac/scarf rampardos 3/4 (16%)
    180 ninjask 1/2 (68%)
    178 espeon 2/3/4; froslass 1/2/4; gengar 1/2/3/4; tauros 3/4; jumpluff 1 (16%)
    177 weavile 2/3/4 (68%), dugtrio 2 (16%)
    176 infernape 2/3/4; electrode 4 (16%)
    175 scarf machamp 4 (16%)
    172 alakazam 3/4; dugtrio 1/3/4; sceptile 2/4 (68%); lopunny 2/3/4; manectric 1/3/4; mismagius 2/4; rapidash 1/2/3/4; scyther 2; scarf pinsir 4; electrode 1/2/3 (16%)
    171 aerodactyl 1; jolteon 2 (68%); ambipom 2/3; raikou 3; floatzel 2/4; sneasel 2 (16%)
    170 purugly 1 (16%)
    169 garchomp 1/2/4 (16%); scarf/1DD tyranitar 3/4 (68%)
    167 ambipom 4; raikou 2/4; starmie 3/4; floatzel 1 (68%); charizard 1/2/3/4; entei 3/4; flygon 2/3/4; linoone 2; miltank 3; ninetales 1/4; raichu 2/3; after 5 turns regigigas 2; salamence 2/3/4; slaking 2/3; staraptor 1/2/3/4; tentacruel 4; typhlosion 1/3/4; zapdos 1/3/4; dodrio 1/2; fearow 1/2 (16%)
    166 tauros 1; sceptile 3 (16%)
    165 crobat 2; jolteon 1 (16%); salac/scarf rampardos 3/4 (68%)
    164 purugly 1 (68%)
    163 aerodactyl 2/3/4; crobat 1/3/4; jolteon 3/4; infernape 1 (16%)
    162 espeon 2/3/4; froslass 1/2/4; gengar 1/2/3/4; tauros 3/4; jumpluff 1 (68%); ninjask 1/2 (16%)
    161 arcanine 1/2/4; drapion 3/4; electivire 4; gliscor 2/3; houndoom 1/3/4; jynx 2/3 (16%); dugtrio 2 (68%)
    160 electrode 4; infernape 2/3/4; scarf machamp 4 (68%); manectric 2 (16%)
    159 weavile 1; weavile 2/3/4 (16%)
    157 lopunny 2/3/4; manectric 1/3/4; mismagius 2/4; rapidash 1/2/3/4; scyther 2; scarf pinsir 4 (68%)
    156 ambipom 2/3; raikou 3; sneasel 2; floatzel 2/4 (68%); kangaskhan 1/3; moltres 1/4; porygon-z 2/3 (16%)
    155 miltank 1; raichu 4; tentacruel 1 (16%)
    154 alakazam 2; sceptile 1 (16%); garchomp 1/2/4 (68%); alakazam 3/4; dugtrio 1/3/4; sceptile 2/4 (16%)
    152 hitmonlee 2 (16%); charizard 1/2/3/4; entei 3/4; flygon 2/3/4; linoone 2; miltank 3; ninetales 1/4; after 5 turns regigigas 2; salamence 2/3/4; slaking 2/3; staraptor 1/2/3/4; tentacruel 4; typhlosion 1/3/4; zapdos 1/3/4; dodrio 1/2; fearow 1/2 (68%)

blue = positive speed nature
    black = neutral speed nature
    red = negative speed nature
  2. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

one question:
    what goes first?quick claw or priorty move
    or does it fall onto speed??
  3. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

4. Shelcario

Shelcario

Nice work Peterko, I have one question though, which pokemon is the 213 referring to, Electrode?
  5. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

I believe it's more of a guide or foundation to outspeed.

That's awesome, Peteko, thank you so much!
  6. Shelcario

Shelcario

Oh well that makes sense then. I have a question for you BeachBoy, do you take the time to breed for your pokemon (perfect/near perfect IVs, right nature, etc.)?
  7. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

to stand a chance, most of the time you should (except for maybe focus sash starters), because you face 80% flawless IV (perfect) pokémon after battle 49 and 20% 21 IV ones...
  8. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Yes, obviously, Peterko beat me to the punch there. XD And interesting stat, Peteko, I thought it was 100% 31. Hmm, well that explains how I outsped that Scarf Rampardos then.
  9. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

I´ve just added a note in the first post with this information (more specifically)
  10. Pink

Pink

Thanks for this. It will come in handy when making teams and such. Also, I was just tooling around and trying out Yanmega in the BT. A Blissey was sent out, and I killed it without any problems using Air Slash because I got a hax flinch on EVERY HIT until it died O_o. It was like 6 or more flinches...
  11. shipship

shipship

Thanks for the list Peterko!
  12. Bozo

Bozo

wow i didnt know that!

also, i really should read the list of pokemon more. i could have come to grief just then. i came up against a fighting team that led with medicham and machamp. my smeargle went first and put both to sleep, and then their machamp went (well it was asleep) before my charizard put up its sub. so it turns out there is a choice scarf machamp which (when i looked it up after the battle) has rock slide. that wouldnt have been great for my gyarados either, so im glad it fell asleep.

anyway, that was battle 98. with a little luck, i should be able to report a list-worthy doubles streak in the next few days......

EDIT: got to 105 on the train home. still going though, so i'll just report back when the streak comes to an end. no ribbon for the 100 :(
  13. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

oh theres no doubt in my mind that emerald's tower is harder than DPs, i think peterko and tre would agree with me too.

and i compiled a complete list of the PT tower pokemon here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1489122&postcount=22

imo it's easier than DP's, at least as far as my teams are concerned lol
  14. Bozo

Bozo

ah well the streak ended after 110 wins. just a bit of bad luck really.

1. breloom and tauros lead. dark void puts both foes to sleep, tauros had a chesto berry. he facades charizard, who then subs. facade didnt do enough damage that my sub put me within salac range.

2. dark void misses tauros, but "hits" breloom even though he's asleep. facade gets rid of zard's sub. STAB+blaze fire punch fails to KO breloom, but i do get poisoned from his effect spore. breloom wakes up and KO's smeargle with focus blast.

3. i send in gyarados for the intimidate on tauros. zard is now faster, but is poisoned and will die soon, so he KO's breloom and gyarados DD's, after tauros KO's zard.

4. in comes my gengar and he sends out raichu. i cant afford to DD again, or ill die, so dos EQ's, and i aim an energy ball at raichu just in case it has a focus sash. it DOES! just as well..... raichu dies, and tauros survives with about 55%.

5. in comes...... ELECTRODE!!!!! dammit...... thunder KO's gyarados, gengars thunderbolt gets tauros to about 1hp, and then he uses rest.

6. electrode uses magnet rise. gengar uses shadow ball - about 60% damage to electrode. tauros asleep.

7. electrode uses thunder - about 60% to gengar, no more focus sash :(. shadow ball KO's electrode, tauros asleep.

8. thunderbolt does about 55% to tauros, who wakes up and KO's me with iron tail.

well, if i had looked up tauros' moveset (rest, facade, EQ, iron tail) i probably could have played that a lot better. i would have guessed he would rest on turn 5, and aimed shadow ball at the electrode. it would have used magnet rise on the next turn probably, but even if it didnt i would still have had two shots at tauros.

oh well, im happy with 110. i didnt get a ribbon or anything, but the team did well, and it was fun while it lasted. its nowhere near 770 (lol!!!) but it makes it to tied 7th place on the list. what's more, this wasnt just a clone of someone else's team, and the team was essentially created entirely to get ribbons for gyarados. i think replacing gyarados by garchomp would do wonders for this team - it would eliminate the electric weakness my team is plagued by, and give it some extra initial speed.
  15. Shelcario

Shelcario

Yeah I don't think that anyone is going to beat TREs' Doubles streak, nice job on the streak Bozo.
  16. Ranz

Ranz

Where the Heck do you get the Info on all Those Pokemon Peterko?? you mean you battled Everyone of em???
  17. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

ehm...first there was a list of the pokémon info extracted from the game, then someone else recalced the EV spreads and listed the actual stats, I´ve d-loaded this list and fixed the errors and made a version that fits my needs and printed it

later, another list popped up...the list of trainers and what pokémon they use (jap. name + pokémon list numbers) and TRE being the great guy he is translated the names, I think just by facing them in battle and by what they use

well, I´ve used this info to create another version of the trainer list for myself, that lists the actual pokémon and sets not just numbers...

somewhere in between I figured out that the natures are random (in fact I was trying to figure out the IVs with stat-from-damage-calcs) to an extent which was later proven right

TRE pointed out that the emerald tower and the DP tower could be similar when it comes to the relation trainers-IVs...and he was right, that´s how it works

for this speed tier list I used my old speed tier list from the time of the original recalced actual lv.50 stats we thought were set in stone...and applied the "random nature" knowledge and checked (recalced) positive, neutral & negative nature and made the list

you can find most of the stuff in this topic, more specifically in the first post and in TRE´s posts

EMERALD tower question, definitely harder than DP...though I always swept the first 35 or even 49 with marowak, after 49 it was hard as hell...my best single record was only 83, I lost to the DT curse registeel IIRC (my team was sala-meta-lax)...there were hardly a handful of skilled people I know that got to 100+...my doubles record was 285 though; the frontier was beautiful because of the various facilities, everyone had different records for each one...man I spent so much time there :)

- reasons: we didn´t have a complete pokémon moveset list (although with some help I´ve collected an almost complete one just by facing/swapping in the factory http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15426)
    - the main reason is no trainer list which everyone has to agree is an incredible help
    - sheer cold, fissure, rest, sleep talk walrein as EME frontier uber 1 lol etc.

in SAPPHIRE, my single tower record was 250 with metagross, milotic and crobat/ninjask
  18. Erladis

Erladis

Although this has no relation whatsoever to the previous posts, my DP battle tower record is 50. Yes I know its pathetic, I went do against stall team and a few crits. (My team: Manatrick/Mence/Bliss). I'm trying for the 100 plus mark.
  19. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Does anybody know if the D/P Wifi Tower and the Platinum Wifi Tower are separate databases of uploaded teams? Though I'm sure there's plenty of "tradebacks" uploaded on to the D/P Wifi Tower regardless...
  20. Tleilax

Tleilax

My best was around 90 or so. I lost because the enemy got a crit on every single hit. I wish I could remember the exact details, but it's been a long while and my Diamond version got knocked around and doesn't like to work anymore.
  21. Erladis

Erladis

Just a question-are the pokes in the battle tower ev trained at any stage in the streak?
  22. Shelcario

Shelcario

Yes to your question.
  23. SubWooper

SubWooper

24. Erladis

Erladis

didn't see link
  25. Bozo

Bozo

i agree that ruby/sapphire is the easiest of the lot. i only ever attempted it once (with my emerald team of salamence, suicune, blissey) and got to 110ish and lost. my team wasnt exactly well equipped to face the regi's they spam you with at around that stage of the streak - they all seem to be able to survive hits from salamence, and if you start setting up they explode on you.

but emerald vs D/P, im not completely sure. i feel like d/p introduced a level of unpredictability into things. for example, in emerald i used to be able to walk all over swamperts, but switching back and forth between salamence and suicune. mence would eat up the EQs and lower its attack, while suicune would waste all the ice beams aimed at mence. but in d/p i noticed they would sometimes aim an ice beam at suicune, and KO my incoming salamence. but still, i think there are really only a small number of real threats - and those are mainly of the OHKO-walrein variety - and these are spaced out more, due to there being a bigger pool of pokes for the BT to choose from. so maybe d/p is easier.

having said all that, my streaks are way better in d/p, but that could also be due to the quality of pokes i was using. my suicune was 9 / 7 / 0 / 6 / 3 / 6. docile.

i also just ended a multi streak. stupid friggin hax........

1. their slowbro got a quick claw psychic on my gengar, down to focus sash. gengar and my partners alakazam both used shadow ball and 2HKO'd that slowbro. then the opponent's gardevoir finished off gengar with psychic. it should have survived with 1 hp but anyway, stupid quick claw.

2. they replace slowbro with an alakazam of their own. my alakazam gets it with shadow ball - down to about 1hp (it had a sitrus berry). its alakazam OHKO's mine (bloody typical). mence uses DD, its only hope. gardevoir uses thunderbolt.

then i just watched as gardevoir + alamazam devoured my partners togekiss, with charge beam and thunderbolt.....

i really just want to get some ribbons for gyarados, and i know it probably doesnt make a great member of a multi team, but can anyone suggest any better partners for it? im tempted to just go with blissey. or maybe even the smeargle i used before, with dark void. any ideas?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)