1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everstone

Everstone Now 100% reliable
    is a Contributor to Smogon

GyaraMence lead for double Intimidate + dual Earthquake immunity is cool. Other members should be something that can cripple at least one of the weakened opponents (Bronzong? It too is immune to EQ and can Trick, Explode, etc etc) Gengar maybe since it can DBond too. Lol, everything is immune to EQ. Gengar's also immune to Explosion. That's my theorymon team I came up with off the top of my head. Whether it works or not we'll have to see.
  2. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

that just recently happened to me when i was switching with psn frosslass and not poisned donphan (trying to finish pp of toxic cause it had 6 double teams in)but around 8th toxic,the bloody bliss used toxic on frosslass and poinsned phan so i had to attack it but it had 6 dts and softboiled and donphans eq was only a 2hko so i lost.
  3. PurpleNurple42

PurpleNurple42

Just made it to 119 and still going with this team:

Uxie@ choice scarf
    levitate
    bold, 252 HP, 152 Def, 104 SpD
    trick
    thunder wave
    stealth rock
    memento

Latios@ lum berry
    levitate
    timid, 252 Spe, 252 Satk, 6 HP
    dragon pulse
    recover
    substitute
    calm mind

Scizor@ leftovers
    technician
    adamant, 252 Atk, 116 HP, 140 Spe
    bullet punch
    superpower
    substitute
    swords dance

kinda like jump's team but with a few minor changes. Uxie leads and uses the attacks in the order listed. Latios and Scizor go together like bread and butter. I found lum berry + recover is better than rest + leftovers, so that's what I use. With the ev's given, Scizor's HP is 160 at level 50 so you get an even 10 HP from leftovers recovery every turn. And with Stealth Rock up Scizor can 1HKO some things he could not at +6, like Zapdos and Gyarados. Charizard and Moltres do not stand a chance and SR is very handy against focus sash users.
  4. Bozo

Bozo

ok, just to summarise........ my streak just ended on 57 wins. i was lucky to get through battles 43-49, because i ended up with two partners who relied on 70% accuracy moves. then i got some good partners for 50-56, and won them relatively easily, except for two occasions where my pokes died and i had to watch the AI win the battle for me! (one such battle involved my partner's cresselia beating an umbreon with ice beam - it froze it on the first turn and then proceeded to approximately 10HKO it without it ever thawing out).

so anyway, that was 57 wins. it puts me in 8th place on the table. my team:

gengar @ focus sash ** SHADOW
    timid - 252 sp atk / 252 spd / 6 hp
    - shadow ball
    - thunderbolt
    - hidden power ice 70
    - energy ball

gyarados @ leftovers ** TRUTH
    adamant - 156 hp / 108 atk / 96 def / 148 spd
    - dragon dance
    - waterfall
    - earthquake
    - bounce

i know bounce is from platinum, but the truth is that i actually never used it. i hate moves with less than 100% accuracy. the only time i ever used it was in a failed attempt to break 100 in the doubles, and a starmie KO'd me with thunder lol......

EDIT: how did the streak end? no hax, i just ended up against a raikou and luxray. first turn they ignored my partner's milotic and got gengar with shadow ball (raikou) and crunch (luxray). then raikou nailed gyarados with thunderbolt, while luxray got a crit on milotic with thunder fang for the OHKO - im sure she would have survived with gyarados' intimidate and her awesome defenses but it wouldnt have made much difference, as raikou would have KO'd her next turn. then the final poke, a DD latios didnt pose any threat. it was as thorough a 4-0 as you could ever really get. i would have loved some better pokes to choose for battles 57-63, but i cant complain - i think my team was sketchy at best......
  5. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

well done mate! now im sick of singles.currently making a double battle team and am going to attampt getting 100!
  6. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

hey bozo, if you want me to put you on the list, please edit one of your earlier posts or post a new one with the complete info, I mean record, team and how you lost...if you copypaste the team into the "how you lost" post or vice versa, just link to it or something (I´m talking about your doubles record)

that applies to everyone

don´t worry, no problem with hax stories...that´s what the tower is about, last PP of the move or last hit before I faint the foe he ALWAYS gets a CH or side-effect etc., good thing I forget these pretty fast or I would have to post 2 hax stories every 7 trainers ._. what´s important is that the streak is alive despite the hax

btw. I have had an encounter with the CB aero that killed 2 of the 5 or 6 of my runs with this team, at around # 90 and survived it...I let latios take the first SE, KO and then skarmory roosted, #2, #3 & #4 hit also, 5 missed, thank god there were no CHs but still he would need 2 CHs out of the hits #2-3-4 against brightpowder skarm or snorlax would be at +5

yeah maybe I´m the first person here who got to 100+ wins in his first run in a game (it is my first run in pearl :)...I don´t have illusions that I will break a noteworthy number in this run but I really enjoy to play the tower with this team

EDIT: please copy-paste your doubles record into that post bozo
  7. FastHippo

FastHippo

My first run ever was 311, check the last paragraph, in my write up.
  8. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

haha I had a feeling your´s was the first before posting that sentence but tried anyway :D ...but still the theory that your first run (if you use a good team) has the biggest chance to come far works so far...sometimes I feel like the AI does weird things like if it didn´t have my team saved or something...

anyway, are you at 200+ in both of your runs yet?
  9. FastHippo

FastHippo

HGL 189 JGG 091 Jolteon is still on first run. Jolteon runs, take about half as long as Hippo runs. I usually do one of each, at the same time, thanks to you, just Hippo or none, of course. I'm still not sure about Jolteon. Overall, it works great. Still, it seems like there have been too many close calls. A lead Regigigas 4 gave me fits, twice. When I use Firefox, I can't make paragraphs.
  10. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Well, I've finally completed every aspect of my team, and running through the Battle Tower, already hitting 70. No close calls so far or frustrating Pocket Monsters. Also, Scizor is... amazing, I didn't think it'd be THAT much better than Lucario, but yeah, it is. o_o; I'm also recording all my statistics (using Peterko's format) XP And so yeah, I'll have that to post down the road. Overall, the team is really solid, not to mention fun. I've also found Knock Off on Uxie is just too good to pass up. I tried U-Turn as Peterko suggested, but I missed the luxury of getting rid of annoying Quick Claws. It even helped knocking off a Persim Berry off of Chomp, confusing it, and giving Scizor the window to sweep. I'm excited (so much so I'm up at 4AM <_< Oi) and I think there's a strong chance of hitting my goal of 100. :D
  11. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

lol best of luck.i never remember being this excited! i mean 4:00am
  12. FastHippo

FastHippo

My third oldest child recently beat the Elite Four. She's a kid, it was funny watching her storm through The Elite Four with her level 75 Empoleon. The rest of the pokemon were just observers, and were twice used as cannon fodder to revive Empoleon. I don't plan on doing three runs at the same time. But, I will trade a different team to her game so that I will have access to one or two teams, depending on which of my kids are playing their games.
  13. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I know what's happening to you and it is annoying as hell. Either use <br><br> twice to do this, or reinstall Firefox (backing up and tabs and bookmarks you have and remembering any extension you have.

there is one pokemon in particular that due to your move and EV choices you are pretty much going to lose to every time, well two at least but one in particular. read my posts to figure out which pokemon i'm talking about because for some reason i dont feel like repeating myself :)
  14. PurpleNurple42

PurpleNurple42

I know you are talking about Metagross with his meteor mash, well at least I think that's what you are talking about. As for the second one... Weavile? I have faced a few Weavile leads already and they are incapable of 2HKO Uxie unless one gets a lucky crit ( which one did) with night slash, but Scizor can come in on a night slash and set up. And Metagross I have only faced once so far. The 1st MM missed and the second did not even do 50% to Uxie but maybe if it got the attack boost it would be a pain in the ass. I just am not really worried about an 85% accuracy move with a low chance side effect of an attack raise to change my whole team around when just playing the battle tower for fun and really just trying out trick+ memento for the first time, it really is insane tho. Does Cresselia get memento? I don't think she does but I'm not sure, if she did I would use her fat ass instead cuz that would be a lot better.
  15. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Unfortunately, she (Cresselia) doesn't. Looking at the list of memento Pocket Monsters, the main one that stood out to me like a sore thumb was Latios. That'd be a pretty neat set to use in the future maybe, in your upcoming teams, I mean. Too bad Latias can't learn it. :/

[ edit ] Got to 77, still going strong. :D
  16. Eppie

Eppie

#165;

Cresselia @ Choice Scarf
    Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 6 SpD

- Flash
    - Trick
    - Reflect
    - Thunder Wave

Scizor @ Sitrus Berry
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpA)
    Ability: Technician
    EV's: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Speed

- Substitute
    - Superpower
    - Sword Dance
    - Bullet Punch

Latios @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

- Rest
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse

Yea I know you've all seen this team standing there on top with a monsterscore of 405 straight wins. That's why all credits should and will go to Jumpman. The reason I used his team is simple; it's the best BT team discoverd until now. I also used Jump's 3L team which gave me alot of fun beating the trainers in the BT. I didn't switch from team because Jumpman made a new record with it, there are actually two reasons:

- Cresselia > Lopunny; Cress can take so much more hits then Lop.
    - Scizor > Lucario; Scizor sets up SO quick, and it has a priority move.

The way I lost:

Staraptor 4 Jolly Choice Band Brave Bird Close Combat Frustration Steel Wing
    Torterra 4 Adamant Quick Claw Earthquake Stone Edge Wood Hammer Curse

AI sends in Staraptor.

Staraptor leads have always been a bitches, unless u use countersash leads, but here it's just Cress vs Staraptor.
    As I'm usin the BT stats list (including movesets) which is givin' me te knowledge to know that 3/4 has Brave Bird, and 1/4 has Choice Band.
    I take my 75% chance it is NOT holding a Choice Band, so I start off with Thunder Wave instead of Trick (Which I start with 99% of the times)
    Staraptor hits me with, as expected: Brave Bird. Cresselia loses over 55-60% HP. Being locked into Thunder Wave I have to switch out, so I send in Latios. Staraptor Brave Bird's again as it 1HKOs mij Latios...
    Back to Cresselia, as I think Scizor will never 1HKO it with Bullet Punch,
    I trickscarf it as I obtain his Choice Band. From here on I know this will become a hard battle to win for me as Staraptor KO's Cress and I'm left with a naked Scizor. I BP Staraptor as it faints, in comes Torterra.
    Now if your asking me this is a terrible situation for me. I've lost a couple of times earlier against QuickClaw/Curse/EQ Torterra's. I substitute turn 1 to scout which Torerra I'm up against, and as I expected it's the quick claw torterra. I Sword Dance twice as Torterra curses twice. On this point I feel lucky not getting the QC hax against me. Imo it is now time to start attacking the bulky green bitch with Superpower, but here we go;
    QC activates twice in a row as the first EQ breaks my sub, and the second KO's me.

Afterall I shouldn't be complaing much as I've had alot of very easy leads to trickscarf and win 3 - 0. 1HKO moves have hit me 4/12 times, which means it has hit me 33.33333% of the times. I can't call that gettin' haxed away by 1HKO moves. I never faced a possible Sticky Barb ability lead, And I only got paralysed/poisoned/burned/frozen a couple of times out many posibillities.

In my opinion there are a few big threats if they lead off (not counting the Staraptor I lost against), those are the following;

In 165 battles I haven't faced ONE of them leading, which made it alot easier for me as I sometimes don't know what to do against this leads
    (trickscarf it or flash it, t-wave it or set up reflect? etc etc...)

I don't know if you will add me on the record list, because this is the second time I'm usin some one elses team, but I just like this Jumpman teams so much :)

I think I could've won battle 166, but whatever, let's try again :)
  17. Groombridge

Groombridge

Here's a long post about how getting your ass handed to you can make you think.

I've been making a few changes to my Trick Room team, which I'm currently testing. The team comprises Bronzong and Hariyama as leads, plus a special sweeper and a tank as a closer. The special sweeper, previously Weezing, Magnezone and Tyranitar, is now Empoleon, and the closer, previously Rhyperior, is now Metagross.

- -
    Bronzong @ Lum Berry
    Impish, Levitate

Generic bulky spread.

Trick Room
    Hypnosis
    Reflect
    Faint Attack

- -
    Hariyama @ Toxic Orb
    Brave, Guts

252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 SpD.

Fake Out
    Close Combat
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

- -
    Empoleon @ Wise Glasses
    Quiet, Torrent

252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 Def

Brine
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Protect

- -
    Metagross @ Wide Lens
    Brave, Clear Body

252 Atk, 152 HP, 100 SpD

Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch -> Explosion
    Zen Headbutt
    Earthquake

(Bullet Punch is getting replaced once I sort out my Wi-Fi issues at home and get an Explosion TM. It does come in handy if TR runs out, but boom actually shakes the room.)

- -
    So that's the new squad. It was doing well, and it rocked the house up until Battle 69.

Then I got spanked like a redheaded stepchild.

The best way to really screw over a TR team is to prevent TR going down. This means OHKOing Bronzong on turn 1 - which basically means a very powerful Fire attack, since Zong has only one weakness. If only one enemy lead is a Fire-type or Fire user, it gets the Fake Out: simple enough.

The team that led to my downfall at battle 69 led with both a Typhlosion and an Arcanine. It was against one of the Battle Girl Kristy & Sylvia, Black Belt Benny & Daron set: I forget which (is there any difference?).

Two powerful Fire types is the worst case scenario, as they'll both have STAB attacks aimed at Zong and Hariyama can only Fake Out one of them. And while this team benefits from loads of resists, Fire types generally eat this team outside of TR.

So anyway. Bronzong and Hariyama face off against Typhlosion and Arcanine.

All three Typhlosions the trainer can use have use an 120BP+ Fire attack (Blast Burn, Flare Blitz, Eruption/Overheat), whereas not all the Arcanines do (Fire Fang, Overheat, Flare Blitz). At this stage, I have to play the numbers: I used Fake Out on Typhlosion, as Zong could survive a Fire Fang from Arcanine. Zong went for the TR - even if it dies next turn, the speed advantage should pull me though.

Here goes nothing...

Arcanine's Intimidate lowered Bronzong and Hariyama's Attack!

Turn 1
    Hariyama used Fake Out!
    Typhlosion lost about 10%!

Typhlosion flinched!

Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
    A critical hit!
    It's super effective!
    Bronzong fainted!

Hariyama was badly poisoned by the Toxic Orb!

And there's the turn 1 OHKO all TR users dread. Now, I have to beat two Fire-types outside of Trick Room. I pull in Empoleon, and use Protect/EQ.

Switched in Empoleon!

Turn 2
    Empoleon used Protect!

Typhlosion used Earthquake!
    Empoleon protected itself!
    Hariyama lost about 35%!

Arcanine used Thunder Fang!

Hariyama used Earthquake!
    Typholsion lost about 80%!
    Arcanine lost about 75%!

If Arcanine had Flash Fire instead of Intimidate, that EQ would have taken both of those bastards out.

So what now? I'm not switching Meta into anything, and its slowness outside of TR makes it a sitting duck against these guys. Empoleon's Brine will kill one of them, if it survives to use it. Judging from the 'focus fire' of last turn, both opponents want to target the penguin with SE attacks. I decide to risk Protect again and Rock Slide to finish these guys off.

Turn 3
    Empoleon used Protect!
    But if failed!

Typhlosion used Aerial Ace!
    It's super effective!
    Hariyama lost about 50%!

Hariyama fainted!

Crap. Complete mispredict. The penguin could have taken one of them out, at least, although I dont think that would really have helped in the end, given what came out after these two.

Time to go offensive. I'm not getting 4-0'd.

Switched in Metagross!

Turn 4
    Metagross used Bullet Punch!
    It's not very effective...
    Typhlosion fainted!

It's super effective!
    Metagross fainted!

Emploeon used Brine!
    It's super effective!
    Arcanine fainted!

I was expecting to see the 'A critical hit!' appear after Meta's HP drained to zero, but there was none. That means the Arcanine didn't need the crit to kill Zong on turn 1! It also means my team has a huge glaring fucking weakness!

AI switched in Magmortar!
    AI switched in Medicham!

Come on, bitches! You want some penguin?

Turn 5
    Medicham used Drain Punch!
    It's super effective!
    Emploeon lost about 80%!

Magmortar used ThunderPunch!
    It's super effective!
    Empoleon fainted!

deuteronopia lost!

Turns out that yes, they did actually want some penguin.

So could my team have prevailed in this situation? Was it just misplaying that cost me the streak? That's the question you have to ask yourself before you start changing your team. In this case, if the Arcanine didn't have Intimidate, then Hariyama would have KO'd both opposing leads with its EQ, giving me a slim chance - so luck was a factor. But this could easily happen again, and the fact the team couldn't recover is telling. The best teams prevail in the face of hax, bad luck, or having the absolute worst things thrown at it.

Looking at the list of things that can kill Zong in one hit with or without crithax and the trainers that can pull out any two of them as leads, it becomes clear that fighting these guys becomes a lottery. In particular:

Battle Girl Kristy & Sylvia, Black Belt Benny & Daron: FIGHTING & FIRE TYPE

... are death to my team. They will spank me pretty much every time. Clearly, something has to change.

Aside from Occa Berry on Bronzong, which would give it protection from Fire at the expense of exposing it to other hax, the obvious solution is a Fire resist in the back to switch to.

I'm going to try yet another special sweeper. Damn, if my team is Spinal Tap, then the special sweeper is the drummer. Magnezone did explode, actually, and I guess the Grass-weak Tyranitar did 'die in a bizarre gardening accident' several times...

Empoleon has done well in this role, balancing tankiness and hitting power, but I really need a Fire resist; preferably one that is at least neutral to the Ground and Fighting attacks that Fire types often carry.

Welcome to the band...

- -
    Vaporeon @ Expert Belt
    Quiet, Water Absorb

64 HP, 192 Def, 252 SpA.

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Protect

- -
    I'm developing an 'in case of Fires' protocol. Firstly, Metagross gets Protect over Bullet Punch. BP is much less useful to the team than a STAB Surf.

Now, if the AI pulls two Fire-types on me, I'll either pull a double switch on Turn 1 (risky), or Fake Out and switch to Vaporeon. The aqua fox fish thing can tank the mostly-special heavy Fire attacks, whereas Meta, if it comes in, will be switching into either nothing if the AI uses focus fire, or something aimed at Yama that it can take. Multi-hit Fire attacks are rare, and it has HP and SpD investments for this type of thing.

Next turn, Protect/Surf to clear the field. The idea is to remove threats to create an opening for Zong to come back and use TR. Something will probably be sacrificed in the process, but that's okay - a TR team outside of TR is crippled. If more Fire-types turn up, or something survives, I have Surf, Earthquake and Protect - I'll think of something...

The basic principle of the team remains the same, but hopefully this will give the team a fighting chance against its major weakness.

So what does everyone have as a Plan B? What do you do if the one thing you dread happens?
  18. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

sorry to ignore the latest posts, I will read them later / tomorrow and update the list if possible...posting just to say I had an intense battle a few moments ago at # 123

jogger ryne, didn´t check the database...I currently don´t but had to later this battle

slaking vs latios
    switch to skarm, return
    toxic, loafing
    hammer arm miss, sub
    ...later
    slaking faints, skarm at 112 HP, behind a sub

arcanine vs skarmory
    OBLIGATORY TOXIC MISS, overheat broke sub, white herb (if I had used the database maybe I would´ve subbed turn1
    switch to snorlax
    overheat missed

iron tail CH, curse
    iron tail def drop, rest

now I start to switch between skarm and lax to get arca9 to -6 sA and then beat it with skarm

tail misses, OH, tail misses, OH, tail, OH,
    TAIL DEF DROP on skarm, 87 HP left

I go by my "sense" that OH won´t KO and roost...guess what, thunder fang CHs ._. (fck 5,3%,) without CH it does 74 max dmg against -1 skarm...great but still 2-2

snorlax in
    IT misses, sleep
    IT hits for about 80-85, sleep
    IT hits, def drop, curse
    IT CH as I want to rest...I´m done

now I check the database, jogger ryne set3 pkmn, arcanine OH,IT,TF,CRUNCH ouch

- if I go for specs DM, 90% I OHKO it, 10% I miss
    - psychic dmg calc. please 1HKO please...or not lol
    - crunch damage calc., close but no OHKO (I live with at least 9HP)
    - surf definitely OHKOs

so...if I go for the psychic 2HKO and face something ridiculous like metagross or tyranitar (unfortunately his pokémon group is the "tougher" one) I lose

if I face the last pokémon with -2 DM followed by a potential -4 DM (when I´m still alive), the only way this could work would be salamence as last pkmn, rather improbable

peterko takes one more glimpse at the list of pokémon, yeah vaporeon, lapras, but I also see gliscor, donphan...good thing I didn´t look at all of them...surf, arcanine faints

Jogger Ryne sent out...

tangrowth

fck was first reaction, then low sD despite resist, maybe 2hko (wish), rather 3hko

surf 35-40%, WRING OUT whoa (was sitting on the toilet for the last encounter so no idea of the set)...its best attack?
    surf, wring out OMG I win, right? right?
    surf, KO

:D

EDIT: just survived an encounter with t-tar 4 which is one of the main counters to this team, it came out after I 2hkoed curseflareon with surf (that stupid thing is dangerous...I mean QC and survives a specs 30 sA IV latios surf :/ )...skarm PP stalled stone edge, was KOd by +1 thunderfang at low health, for the price of toxic...with the help of toxic and snorlax earthquake I beat ttar (damage calcs whether I should curse or just quake), he DD and then thunder fanged (?), +1 laxo beat claydol afterwards
  19. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Very interesting, deuteronopia, good to see how you learned from your loss. Hope Vaporeon works out for ya, it looks like it should.

I'm not sure what my dreadful circumstance is yet. Perhaps if the lead sleeps Uxie and KOs before Yawn can get out? Crobat 3 did that, but it went up in smoke when Garchomp came in. (It didn't Hypnosis, so *shrugs*) But I have Lum 'n' substitute for it anyway, so that's not really an issue.

The only... problem or worry my team has is the lead. If I can get set up a screen or so, get in a Knock Off, put to sleep 'n' setup a sweeper. It's GG, no doubt about that. Scizor & Garchomp are enormously powerful +2 boosting base 130 Pocket Monsters.

Hmm, so, if the lead manages to somehow disable Uxie's ability to Yawn, while also 2HKOing in the process, I'm at a disadvantage. Uxie has Focus Sash, so I prevent the chance or crits being a major concern. All I need is one turn for the ball to get rolling in my favor with Yawn. So what's my plan B if Uxie is rendered Uxie and knocked out before it can do anything? Well, I'd then bring in Garchomp, because more than likely to get Uxie out without a chance is involving status, by that I'm mainly focusing in on Hypnosis. Garchomp has a Lum berry, so it doesn't matter whatsoever if it's faster or not. I'll set up a substitute and hopefully proceed to sweep. I don't know of any Hypnosis user with an Ice-type attack, although Milotic 1 has Dragon Pulse & Hypnosis, so I guess that could be a problem. But otherwise, with two sleepers left, Plan B would damage the opponent enough with sweeper x, hopefully sweep, and or give sweeper y enough room to clean up the mess.

And haha, Peterko, escaped a close one. XD
  20. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

deuternopia: Maybe try using a Follow Me user such as a slow Togekiss (flinch hax under TR?) to pair up with Bronzong? Eruption may be a problem but I'm fairly certain that its power is halved in doubles. I think I should give doubles a shot myself. TR teams sound like a whole lot of fun.

And if you're running Follow Me Togekiss, you might be able to shift the Lum Berry to Togekiss and give Bronzong a Fire resist berry if you're really concerned about Eruption.
  21. Shelcario

Shelcario

I think that attacks are 1/4 as strong in doubles.
  22. Bozo

Bozo

no probs. ive just quoted them both into this post, if that makes it easier.

first, my multi team:

and now my doubles team:

23. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Well, I'm currently at 98, so I'm almost to my first goal. I know a bunch of you would be like "pfft, been there, done that" but 100? Me? Never thought that'd happen when I used to get my ass handed to me by Palmer (#21) before I knew competitive play, haha. But anywho, out of 49 battles in Tier 4, I've only had one 1 - 0 match, which wasn't even a nail bitter. (Sacrificed Uxie to Mean Look Perish Song Jynx) and Scizor 'n' Garchomp are just tearing everything in half. Can't wait to see how far I can take this.
  24. Eppie

Eppie

I'm facing a Wartortle here in battle #166 :D
    Just wanted to share it with you guys.
  25. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

lol
    i remeber when i was going on hundread..around 96 i played a porygon2 and i was like :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)