1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

griffin just one thing (I was about to post how hail/sandstorm screw that tactic over but considering you obviously think, you found out yourself), STRUGGLE is not a normal type attack, our database/move description is wrong, it is a typeless move that always hits everything, so strong physical attackers will break your sub

anyway, a very nice idea, although with just one damaging move and that being a 60 BP steel one I don´t know, it will be hard...for example you face heatran as #2 which breaks your sub and the last one an intimidate arcanine or something (I didn´t do dmg calcs but you know what I mean)

yeah, today, I broke my own record...which I´m very happy about, but it´s still such a long way to go, seriously jump, your record is insanse
  2. Age of Kings

Age of Kings of the Ash Legion
    is a Forum Moderator

Hm, given the other person, are we allowed to post concept teams here before we begina s treak? I'm still breeding, so yeah.
  3. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

depends on how well your team is theorymoned and how well you can present your concept...but please no baby RMT or the likes
  4. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

Hm, ok, I'll wait until I've tested it to post it here.
  5. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

my mistake i was thinking grudge was more like spite but the bigger problem was outlined by peterko, there are several pokemon scizor can't OHKO at +6 with bullet punch which means no sub against mystery third pokemon
  6. Everstone

Everstone Now 100% reliable
    is a Contributor Alumnus

No, I posted both streaks after they got broken. I was in the mood for doing the battle tower at the time I posted both so all I pretty much did was play through that for a straight week or two, which is why I mentioned those streaks within a few days of each other. I'm currently not playing the tower, but instead taking some time to EV stuff, which is why I don't have anything to say about my current streak yet.
  7. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

Age of Kings I didn´t say you couldn´t and you were polite enough to ask before

people if you put some thought into building your teams there is not problem with posting them here, by baby RMT I mean when somone posts 2 PKMN and asks for a third without a strategy, but even then I don´t have the right to forbid posting that, this is internet

lol Everstone...so you had two streaks at the same time played on two separate games or what? because my initial question was how you got to 200+ just like 3 days after you lost at 200+ and you said you didn´t have to start all over again (so this is my only logical conclusion besides "playing 10 hrs per day")
  8. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Got to 140, only two more runs before I can taste the record list.

Had a scare (and easily my toughest game) at 138.

Vs. PKMN Ranger Rusty.

I start off with Knock Off, send Torterra's Quick Claw off. It curses, I reflect, and does again while I Yawn. I switch to Chomp, it curses. (That's three) So then I go for substitute and click Earthquake, crit. Does lol damage though. ._.; And a turn of sleep wasted.

I set up substitute, stays asleep, I set up SD, it wakes up and breaks the sub. I outrage dying (Stupid EQ click, this is what I get for not putting Sub & SD in the same places as Scizor) So then I go to Uxie, Yawn, dying to Wood Hammer.

Send in Scizor, I substitute for it to fall asleep. It Earthquakes, breaking sub, but it falls asleep. I set up sub again, get in one SD. But here's problem, Torterra is the lead. Scizor has to pull off a 1 - 3 comeback, so thinking ahead I swords dance again. IT STAYED ASLEEP! +4 Superpower finishes it off. Then Exploud comes in, Superpower destroys that. And here's the final Pocket Monster...

BASTIODON. Huzzah, Superpower eats that alive. :D First time coming back from 1 - 3 hole. But whew, that gets the adrenaline going.

---

And congrats on topping your previous record, Peterko.
  9. Everstone

Everstone Now 100% reliable
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Nope. Same game. Only have one cart. Like I said I was playing it for consecutive days. Probably 6-10 hours each day I believe. Animations were turned off so battles usually took 3-6 minutes each depending on how much I was stalling (Most of them ended with Chomp sweeps I think). Particularly long stall wars were about 15-20 minutes (mostly against water absorbers). I hope this clears it up for you. Also add to the fact I did not face any really bad hax that prematurely ended my streak at 100+ up until I met HaxScor so the other 200+ streak was right after my first 200+ streak.
  10. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

Oh, well, in that case I'll post my team them. By baby RMT I though you meant like asking for help in general. ._.;

So I stole this concept team from someone here who utilized a Yawn Jolteon-Yachechomp combo, and twisted it a little bit. I think it's interesting, but I was wondering if there's any helpful thoughts on it. I'm also glad that I used mostly BLs, because BL is my favorite tier, shame that no one plays it. :)

Crobat @ Wide Lens
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Screech
    U-Turn
    Hypnosis
    Aerial Ace

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Night Slash
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Hi Jump Kick
    Psycho Cut
    Fire Punch/Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

As I said before, I stole the main concept from someone else here, except that I thought Yawn Jolteon wasn't as "immediate" and Garchomp a bit slow for my purposes, and adding a bit more crippling properties in.
    Crobat begins, fires off Hypnosis aided by Wide Lens to help make up for faltering accuracy, gets in a Screech, and U-Turns out. Again, Wide Lens is to help Crobat's dependancy on lower-accuracy moves....I don't think Focus Sash is really necessary, except against any Electrodes, as Crobat is fairly bulky and has good typing to help it get by.
    Screech, and defense lowering moves in general, are extremely underrated IMHO, and in the past on Shoddy, I've had good experiences using Screech Weezing and Metal Sound Wormadam-S. Yeah, sure AI isn't the same as forcing switches on a 6v6 team, but Crobat has Aerial Ace in case it needs to take advantage of the Screech immediately.

The Focus Sash is best used on Weavile, who is my #1 switch-in after Crobat and the Screech, and I can either choose to begin sweeping or throw up a Swords Dance depending on the opponent. Ideally, though, I get in an SD and sweep away.

Lastly, Medicham is fast, strong clean-up should Weavile die and helps cover up my team's weaknesses. Not much to say here, except that I really don't know which elemental punches to use. I have Thunderpunch and Fire Punch because I don't really have bulky waters and some steel-types covered, but Ice Punch is always in option should Weavile fail to kill a Latias or something before it dies.

Spreads and natures are basic and elementary, nothing to explain there.

Any thoughts, advice, help? Once I finish breeding myself a Zubat, I'm going to test this out anyways before I apply any changes.
  11. Griffin

Griffin

I'm sorry if it was against the rules, I thought it was the same as just posting an elaborate idea.

Anyway, if struggle isn't normal type I have a problem. =/ I doubted anything could really hit through a Scizor sub after a memento from Uxie with that. But if it isn't nve, I have to find a different option.

Edit: I can tell you beforehand that a low accuracy move, such as Hypnosis, is going to hurt before you reach even 50. Wide Lens really doesn't add all that much. Chance of it hitting with Wide Lens is 66/100, so the chance of it hitting 10 times (10 different battles) in a row would be (66/100)^10. I don't have a calculator on my hands at the moment, but I can tell you that that's not much.
  12. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

yeah i know lol, it took a while to get to 331 but "i deserve my record" from the perspective of how many times i tried...another reason i wish the BT recognized winning percentage cause i could have sworn i didnt lose more than like 50 times before getting to 406 but my 7300 battle points indicate otherwise when i do the math so whatever

i was bored like three weeks ago though peterko and finally took up your 2v2 advice, i'll post the team when i get a good enough record but i dont care about 2v2 right now cause i just got done breeding:

F Bagon - #371 (Adamant): 28 / 31 / 30 / 16 / 31 / 31

and a little before that:

F Bagon - #371 (Adamant): 31 / 31 / 31 / 8 / 30 / 14

because i was off work for a while with a knee injury and had the time to do it where i "wouldn't" if i were working 50 hours a week (i would have but it would have been "morally wrong", thuogh that didnt stop me from breeding that first bagon back at work yesterday for the third day since i restarted lol). i have two different platinum teams in mind but i'm not posting either till platinum actually comes out.

btw breeding is really gay and a waste of time, i figured i owed it to salamence cause it's my 3rd favorite pokemon but after you match up the right IVs and know the probabilities of IV passing, and know that you're supposed to everstone the female, breeding is 100% luck and doesn't take any skill at all (unless you want to call it skillful to be able to breed, check egg hatches and release failuers and repeat the cycle all while driving, which i still wouldn't). i can honestly say that with regard to playing pokemon i've never felt more worthless and pathetic than when breeding pokemon over and over for fantastic stats, cause i'm not going to settle for stuff like F Bagon - #371 (Adamant): 31 / 31 / 25 / 30 / 10 / 31 or F Bagon - #371 (Adamant): 28 / 31 / 29 / 15 / 26 / 27 or even M Bagon - #371 (Adamant): 31 / 31 / 26 / 11 / 19 / 31 so "i can't stop" until i get shit like the above even though it's 100% luck and fffffff breeding is dumb, i'm glad i've already bred most of my favorites so i wont have to do it again
  13. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Before I start, Peterko, this team did use Platinum moves. This is somewhat of a re-post along the streak (with statistics, and all that good stuff) So the following may contain a lot of tl;dr, read at your own risk.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Introduction
    Ever since I found the Battle Tower Records thread, I knew I was going to become a Battle Tower Maniac. I read every single page and post, and maybe, just maybe, my dedicated effort could result in one day meeting that record list. As we all know, the Battle Tower has some weaknesses, and yet it'll use the cheapest ways to beat you. And actually, that's what I love about it. No matter how fantastic you and or your team is, the inevitable hax will end your streak one day. Probably in a very frustrating fashion, and chances that boggle the mind itself. And what I've learned most; we try as hard as possible to minimize the opportunity hax has to beat us, to take advantage of the AI, and to overall take on 475 Pocket Monsters with multiple sets with a mere three Pocket Monsters. In hope of a giant win streak to call our own, and have bragging rights for a while. :P "Great" Battle Tower teams can deal with unlucky situations, take advantage of the weak points, and overall, they're as solid as the Wall of China. I wanted to be there, make a fantastic team that I knew would be incredible 'n' fun. But honestly, I didn't want to get my hopes up and set up myself up for major disappointment, so I set out easy goals to get my feet wet. For the harder streaks to come later. "Get 100" ... that's it, that is all I wanted to start off. A very realistic goal that many have achieved, but still difficult. I wanted that star, that trophy, and it was a great starting pad.

My first team ever in the Tower (before I was competitively savvy and learned about strategy) was Suicune, Latios, and Empoleon. I had fun, and when I learned competitive play (finding this thread later on) it only got better... And when I posted here, getting advice from Jump, Peterko and so on, while also learning from FastHippo, I established and solidified (in my eyes) my first real Battle Tower team. Which now has a very satisfied Battle Tower streak of 164. This team had their share of close calls; some ups and downs, be it perfect 3 - 0 runs, or nail biters through out. I've had more than enough fun, I'm having a blast.
    - - -

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Uxie ("it") @ Focus Sash ** Yellow Hat
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP | 128 Defense | 128 Special Defense
    Nature: Impish (+ Defense, - Special Attack)
    → Yawn
    → Light Screen
    → Reflect
    → Knock Off
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    You're probably raising your eyebrow at some of what Uxie has here, but I'll explain it all. "Why Uxie?" ... It's probably one of the most common questions this Yellow Cap receives, and it's really simple; Uxie has one key move that Cresselia, Azelf, and Mespirit can't boast. That would be Yawn, and that snot bubble attack is what puts it over the top for me. When I made this team, I wanted to use an easy yet effective strategy; and in the drawing board stages it was "Give screens to Garchomp." Azelf was obviously the first Pocket Monster that came to mind, but again, when I looked into every Psychic-type legend, I found Yawn. "What about Hypnosis Pocket Monsters like Duel Screen Bronzong?" ... The reason Yawn is much much more effective than a duel screen Hypnosis Bronzong (or anythin with hypnosis for that matter) is that is can't miss. It's a "--" accuracy move, which in the Battle Tower, perfection and making sure there's less and less opportunity for hax to pop up is the way great Battle Tower teams win. Also, Yawn is a move that takes advantage of the Battle Tower AI. Thanks to the rarity of Battle Tower switching; Yawn is very effective giving either Garchomp & Scizor ample time to set up.

So, I had my Yellow Cap Pocket Monster set; duel screen support, Yawn, and oddly enough a tough final decision on the last move, although I think I've actually found my final decision. But before I really got the streak under way, the last slot of this moveset was bit of a toss up. You've got Flash; able to get an opposing Pocket Monster down to 3/9 accuracy. U-turn; where Uxie is not only one of the few Pocket Monsters that can pull off Yawn-Turn, but it can rid pesky Focus Sash lead that might cause a problem. Then there's Sleep Talk; a move where Uxie can still somewhat be effective when facing a faster lead that can put it to sleep. (Such as 736 Crobat) Another option, but least likely, would be Protect: before I found the proper Battle Tower resources, I wanted to use it to scout the moveset and act accordingly; however with the ability to know the exact sets and what trainer uses what, protect somewhat is useless here. Knock Off is my current option because it can rid very annoying items such as Quick Claw, Focus Sash, Brightpowder and so forth. And in the end, Knock Off just wins. Getting rid of Lum Berries and other annoying items is too great to pass up.

Next up, I wanted to go perfectly even with Effort Values, so I spread them apart like so. Then a nature to supply its majority of weaknesses. By that I mean, the defense that is hit the most with super effective attacks, I wanted to boost. We all know the weaknesses; Ghost, Bug, and Dark. Simple. Now looking even further to the damage dealing attacks. We have Ghost (6 physical, 3 special / 2:1 Ratio) Bug (9 physical, 3 special / 3:1) and Dark (13 physical, 1 Special) So overwhelmingly, the defensive nature is necessary. (28 physical, 7 special / 4:1) A defensive + nature as the goal was an easy decision from there.

A final question mark you may have is the item. What happened to Light Clay? Why the hell do you have a Focus Sash on a 75/130/130 base Pocket Monster?! It may seem a bit unorthodox, but the explanation is easy, and was a suggestion by Jumpman. As I said earlier, minimizing the opportunity for hax to overcome your team is one of the most important team building factors; "because the Battle Tower will use the most cheap ways to defeat you." Yes, I did indeed have Light Clay there for eight turn screen setup, and it worked well. But getting that Yawn in against Choice Band Weavile, eliminating the chances of Critical Hits, and surviving an OHKO move is a huge booster. I'm pretty much guaranteed a second turn, and I like that.

So overall, it's unique, it's effective, and it's a staple lead on my Battle Tower team that gets the job done.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry ** Jet Stream
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed
    Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
    → Swords Dance
    → Substitute
    → Outrage
    → Earthquake
    Ah, how sweet it is that I can still run over endless Battle Tower teams with my favorite Jetshark. :D! It's actually one of the reasons I like the Battle Tower more. When I posted this team earlier, one of the first suggestions was to get Outrage over Dragon Claw, heard that loud 'n' clear, so went and got it. Substitute is probably one of the most useful moves in the Battle Tower as well, that protection helps so much when it comes to Quick Claw, etc. It's a major part in team success. Swords Dance is another staple, along with the other two STAB powerful moves. So overall, simple Swords Dance Garchomp that needs little set up to obliterate teams.

Why Lum Berry, isn't it redundant? Well, a few reasons. For one is helps in case Garchomps substitute isn't up, surviving another turn without status. Also, it ensures at least four turns of Outrage, and with 3 Pocket Monsters in a team, an extra two to three turns of rampaging destruction is big. Jolly is an obvious nature because it'll give Chomp the go against even more Pocket Monsters. Garchomp is not to be underestimated, when 80% of 150+ streak Battle Tower teams have the shark, it's big. Garchomp will take those screens, set up, get on a sweeping role, and hey we're onto the next Battle.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Scizor (F) @ Sitrus Berry ** Aridity
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 84 HP | 252 Attack | 172 Speed
    Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
    → Swords Dance
    → Bullet Punch
    → Substitute
    → Superpower
    Yes, that's Jump's Scizor, seems like everyone is using it lately. (and for good reason) Scizor is the main new addition, over Calm Mind Lucario. I had a Weavile weakness (although I could handle it anyway, but it relied way too much on Yawn) So this has become one of the most flexible spots on the team, but I don't think Scizor needs to change. Scizor maintains the perk of resisting every weakness Garchomp & Uxie have. In my previous version, Lucario was the main Pocket Monster that swept teams, this time, Scizor is clean up or main sweeper, pick which treat you'd like to eat. Scizor's priority is both welcome and healthy for picking off the heavily damaged monsters from Garchomp. Another reason I dropped CM Lucario was due to the drop of extra screen time, seeing as Swords Dance Scizor takes less time to set up. Scizor really is safe to switch in from Garchomp too, unless Garchomp is too weak. Sometimes the AI will switch attacks to use a resist when the Pocket Monster is weak enough, so I still have to be careful. And there is no Scarf Heatran in the Battle Tower, so not a whole lot will be a major threat. Only Heatran that's iffy is Quick Claw Heatran, which if it leads, I'd knock off it's claw, go to Chomp, and it'll no longer be a worry. Scizor is easily one of the most powerful sweepers in competitive play, imagine it in the Battle Tower. >:) Sitrus Berry because the 1/4 recovery under 1/2 health is great to maintaining that it doesn't get too low. It's like an extra sub. :D

I loved the way Peterko formatted his post and statistics, so I wanted to adopt the same nature, so here goes~

RECORD, SO FAR: 164~ Wins.

All following statistics were recorded in Battle 50 and on, since Scizor was placed over Calm Mind Lucario after finishing battles up to 49. I'll update as I battle more.

TEAM STATISTICS:
    Win / Loss: 115 - 1 (99.14%)
    1 - 0 score: 4 (3.44%)
    2 - 0 score: 18 (15.51%)
    3 - 0 score: 93 (80.17%)

POKÉMON USAGE:
    Uxie beat alone 0/346 = 0.00% Pokémon
    Garchomp beat alone 181/346 = 52.31% Pokémon
    Scizor beat alone 156/346 = 45.08% Pokémon
    8/346= 2.31% were beaten by two or all team members working together.
    2/346 = 0.57% = Opponent Perish Songed / Killed itself.

(346 because Raikou 2 lead swept me, I didn't face the other two)

CASUALTIES:
    In 116 battles...
    Uxie fainted 18 times. (15.51%)
    Garchomp fainted 4 times. (3.44%)
    Scizor fainted 7 times. (6.03%)

I'm using:
    • A Dell Inspiron 1525, Laptop.
    • Psypokes' Battle Tower Teams page. (Listed trainer and Pocket Monster)
    • The BT Movesets page, double checking and used to look for threats in the team, etc. I also used this page too, in order to know which number set it was for my stats.
    • I used this, Damage & Stat Calculator.
    • Wordpad, to record my statistics.
    • My Black Nintendo DS, obviously.
    • A Bulbapedia page up, in case of typing brain lapses. >_>;
    • Peterko's Battle Tower Speed Tiers post.
    • And pretty much every other link on the first post.
    In short, I used way too much crap to prepare for this. XD

STREAK LOG
    battle #, trainer, Pokémon 1-3 are clear, then comes the score and my battle notes, mostly which Pokémon was knocked out,
    U = Uxie
    G = Garchomp
    S = Scizor

(I would make this look all snazzy like Peterko's with the proper spacing 'n' all, but I don't know how)
    Code:
    [LEFT] #  Trainer Pokémon 1 Pokémon 2 Pokémon 3 Score Notes
    50 Beauty Noelle  Exploud 3 Typhlosion 3 Poliwrath 3 2 - 0 SGG 
    51 PKMN Breeder Blair  Heracross 4 Exeggutor 4 Gallade 4 2 - 0 GGG+S - Garchomp was weakened by Heracross, and finished off finally by Gallade, Scizor finished off with Bullet Punch in the end.
    52 Collector Edmund Altaria 1 Torterra 1 Forretress 1 3 - 0 GGG
    53 Rancher Alton Dewgong 4 Gastrodon 4 Floatzel 4 3 - 0 SSS
    54 Dragon Tamer Alonso Drapion 2 Kingdra  Dragonite  3 - 0 GGG
    55 PKM Breeder Harvey Kingdra 4 Electivire 4 Gardevoir 4 3 - 0 GGG
    56 Policeman Tavon Scizor 2 Lucario  Metagross 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    57 Ace Trainer Abbey Honchkrow 4 Gliscor 4 Umbreon 4 3 - 0 SSS
    58 Cameraman Jess Cresselia 2 Mr. Mime Magnezone 3 3 - 0 GGG
    59 Scientist Carlo Shiftry 2 Manectric 2 Lopunny 2 3 - 0 SSS
    60 Collector Edmund Quagsire 1 Poliwrath 1 Slowbro 1 3 - 0 SSS
    61 Guitarist Markell Bronzong 4 Mismagius 4 Jynx 4 1 -0 SS-- Scizor destiny bonded, Uxie Perish Songed with Mean Look Jynx
    62 Fisher Byron Slowking 3 Lapras Poliwrath 3 - 0 GGG 
    63 Guitarist Marquez Electivire 4 Gardevoir 4 Alakazam 4 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    64 Cameraman Jess Magnezone 4 Alakazam Espeon 3 - 0 SSS
    65 PkMN Breeder Emilee Ninetales 4 Mamoswine 4 Metagross 4 3 - 0 GGG
    66 Policeman Tavon Metagross 3 Bastiodon Bronzong 2 - 0 GGG+S
    67 Collector Kelton Garchomp 1 Politoed 1 Houndoom 1 3 - 0 SSS
    68 PKMN Ranger Denver Zapdos 3 Entei 1 Articuno 3 - 0 GGG
    69 Waiter Kevin Mismagius 2 Floatzel 2 Blaziken 2 3 - 0 GGG
    70 Battle Girl Kristy Arcanine 3 Heracross Rapidash 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    71 Dragon Tamer Alonso Sceptile 2 Kingdra Kangaskhan 2 3 - 0 SSS
    72 Veteran Mikel Latios 1 Regirock 1 Regice 3 - 0 SSS
    73 Waitress Jaime Floatzel 2 Skuntank 2 Golem 2 3 - 0 GGG
    74 Bird Keeper Anissa Zapdos 2 Altaria Gyarados 3 - 0 GGG
    75 Clown Kendel Jynx 2 Hypno Froslass 3 - 0 SSS
    76 Black Belt Daron Medicham 4 Typhlosion Flareon 4 3 - 0 GGG
    77 Aroma Lady Nadia Cradily 4 Abomasnow Breloom 4 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    78 PI Auston Bronzong 3 Probopass Lapras 3 - 0 --SS
    79 Idol Claudia Miltank 4 Exploud Tauros 3 - 0 SSS
    80 Guitarist Marquez Slowking 4 Electrode 4 Gallade 4 3 - 0 GGG
    81 Jogger Ryne Metagross 3/4 Luxray 3 Steelix 3 - 0 GGG
    82 Ace Trainer Abbey Roserade 4 Machamp Electivire 2 - 0 GGG - Uxie faints to CH Sludge Bomb
    83 Parasol Lady Christa Cacturne 2 Electabuzz 2 Qwilfish 2 3 - 0 SSS
    84 Guitarist Markell Mismagius 4 Manectric 4, Dusknoir 4 2 - 0 GGG - Uxie faints to CH Shadow Ball D:
    ---
    85 Waiter Kevon Marowak 2 Breloom 2 Glalie 2 3 - 0 SSS
    86 PI Codi Dugtrio 3 Abomasnow 3 Rhydon 4 3 - 0 GGG
    87 Pokéfan Carley Armaldo 4 Mr. Mime 4 Hypno 3 - 0 SSS
    88 Cyclist Lyle Lickilicky 3 Togekiss Regigigas 3 - 0 GGG
    89 Gentlemen Jerrell Cresselia 1 Raikou Regigigas 3 - 0 GGG
    90 Ace Trainer Alaina Abomasnow 4 Froslass Regice 3 - 0 SSS
    91 Idol Sidney Swampert 4, Meganium, Torterra 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    92 Idol Tasha Vaporeon 2 Glaceon 1 Leafeon 3 - 0 SSS
    93 Beauty Jaclyn Lairon 2 Cacturne Qwilfish 3 - 0 GGG
    94 PI Chester Donphan 4 Froslass Mismagius 3 - 0 SSS
    95 Roughneck Aidan Shiftry 4 Gengar Muk 3 - 0 SSS
    96 Jogger Ryne Espeon 3 Ninetales 3 Heracross 3 2 - 0 GGG - Espy KO'd Uxie
    97 Cameraman Barrett Zapdos 2 Gallade Electivire 3 - 0 GGG
    98 Sailor Kegan Gallade 4 Blaziken Golduck 3 - 0 SSS
    ---
    99 Jogger Sherman Bastiodon 3 Dewgong 3 Ludicolo 3 3 - 0 GGG
    [COLOR=Red][B]100[/B][/COLOR] Cowgirl Margot Lanturn 4 Infernape 4 Miltank 4  3 - 0 GGG
    101 Cyclist Demetri Gallade 3 Poliwrath Lickilicky 3 - 0 GGG
    102 Pkmn Ranger Darcy Articuno 1 Entei Regice 2 - 0 SSS - Numerous confusion backfires and Blizzard KO'd Uxie, got off Yawn at the last second
    103 Hiker Aldo Gliscor 2 Aerodactyl Steelix 2 - 0 GGG Gliscor KO'd Uxie with a 2HKO (OHKO move + Thunder Fang)
    104 Parasol Lady Madelyn Dragonite 3 Umbreon 3 2 - 0 GGG - Draco Meteor Crit + Thunder 2HKO'd Uxie.
    105 Battle Girl Kristy Breloom 4 Hitmonchan Ninetales 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    106 Gentlemen Kennedy Claydol 4 Electivire 4 Crobat 4 - Electivire's Fire Punch out of nowhere (didn't check database) knocked out Scizor, and got Uxie within range for Crobat. Garchomp thankfully ending the mess with a rage. SS+GG
    107 Cyclist Mariana Granbull 4 Lucario, Lickilicky 3 - 0 SSS
    108 Fisherman Turner Milotic 3 Quagsire Gastrodon 3 - 0 SSS
    109 Worker Hans Blaziken Heracross Shuckle 3 - 0 SSS
    110 Idol Sidney Blastoise 3 Charizard Meganium 1 3 - 0 SSS
    111 Cameraman Barrett Luxray 2 Latios Raichu 3 - 0 GGG
    112 Idol Elaine Empoleon 1 Charizard <forgot> 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    113 Gentlemen Jerrell Suicune 1 Zapdos 1 Regigigas 4 2 - 0 SSS+G
    114 Waitress Kaila Ursaring 2 Slaking 2 Umbreon 2 3 - 0 SGG
    115 Hiker Aldo Shuckle 2 Mamoswine Gastrodon 3 - 0 SSS
    116 Ace Trainer Cortney Glaceon 2 Abomasnow Jynx 3 - 0 SSS
    117 Psychic Alma Latias 2 Starmie Medicham 3 - 0 SSS
    118 Idol Claudia Porygon-Z 4 Lopunny 4 Electrode 4 3 - 0 GGG 
    119 Cameraman Jess Cresselia 1 Medicham Luxray 3 - 0 U+SSS 
    ---
    <insert streaks without computer | have these in my notebook, but would gladly insert when I get over my laziness>
    ---
    141 Ace Trainer Abbey Claydol 4 Gliscor 4 Kingdra 4 3 - 0 SSS
    142 Cyclist Demetri Ambipom 3 Staraptor Hariyama 3 - 0 SSS
    143 Policeman Tavon Bronzong 3 Skarmory Forretress 2 3 - 0 SSS
    144 Idol Yvette Glaceon 4 Jolteon Umbreon 3 - 0 SSS
    145 PKMN Raner Rusty Rapidash 4 Medicham 4 Electrode 4 3 - 0 GGG
    146 Cyclist Mariana Togekiss 4 Staraptor Heracross 3 - 0 SSS
    147 Guitarist Marquez Alakazam 4 Exeggutor 4 Ampharos 4 2 - 0 SSS
    ---
    148 Beauty Noelle Torterra 3 Feraligatr 3 Bastiodon 3 3 - 0 SSS
    149 Clown River Claydol 3 Exeggutor Mismagius 3 - 0 GGG
    150 Idol Claudia Ursaring 4 Electivire 4 Luxray 4 2 - 0 SS+GG - Fire Punch Elect KO'd Scizor :/
    151 Camper Leland Kingdra 4 Yanmega 4 Tyranitar 4 2 - 0 GGG - Yanmega OHKO'd Scizor with Bug Buzz. >_>
    152 Hiker Aldo Golem 4 Mamoswine Garchomp 3 - 0 GGG
    153 Fisherman Bryon Dewgong 2 Slowbro 3 Gyarados 1 - 0 SGG - epic battle that I'll talk about later.
    154 Pokefan Carley Hypno 4 Granbull 4 Hariyama 4 3 - 0 GGG
    ---
    155 Ruin Maniac Jaylin Bastiodon 2 Rhydon Kabutops 3 - 0 GGG
    156 Waiter Kelby Arcanine 2 Gyarados 2 Shuckle 2 3 - 0 GGG
    157 Cameraman Barrett Gardevoir 4 Slowbro Jynx 3 - 0 GGG
    158 Roughneck Aidan Nidoqueen 3 Umbreon Mismagius 3 - 0 SSS
    159 PKMN Breeder Blair Steelix 4 Siczor 4 Snorlax 4 3 - 0 GGG
    160 Cameraman Jess Latios 2 Zapdos 1 Hypno 2 - 0 SSS
    161 Battle Girl Kristy Arcanine 4 Charizard Hitmonlee 2 - 0 GGG
    ---
    162 Dragon Tamer Hernan Milotic 4 Latios Charizard 3 - 0 GGG
    163 Waitress Jaime Miltank 2 Altaria 2 Tauros 2 3 - 0 GGG
    164 Gentlemen Kennedy Milotic 4 Probopass 4 Shuckle 4 3 - 0 GGG
    165 Gentlemen Jerrell Raikou 2  0 - 3 
    [/LEFT]

So yup, so far, so good. I've made the record list & reached my goal of 100+. Which is pretty awesome, I'm probably going to relax for a day or two now. x_o; I also had a very epic battle at 153, but I'm way too tired to dive in that.
  14. FastHippo

FastHippo

I have gone on and on about the power of Yawn, combined with the power of a Jolly Lum Berry Garchomp sweep with those exact moves. For the longest time it seemed like almost no one was listening. I waited a long time for someone else to implement this stategy. And what do ya know, the first person to be successful with their own variant, gives me absolutely no mention at all. I mean, you said you read everything in this thread. Anyway, I'm merely expressing my disappointment that you didn't find my contribution noteworthy.
  15. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

FastHippo, I think it was you, I mentioned in my post that I was inspired by the concept. :)
  16. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer

I'm going to post an AIM (mono)log(ue) which very clearly provides an explanation for my usertitle as well as a stratregy for beating Metagross with Jump's C/L/S team. Having lost to Metagross at ***battle 50*** my last go (immediately after changing from the "fast 1-49" team of S/T/G), I was determined to give it the finger, so to speak.

[​IMG]

Anyway, yeah, so now my streak is 154 with C/L/S.

I'm using:
    a Dell Latitude X300 laptop:
    [​IMG]

And my Silver DS Lite:
    [​IMG]

:jump::jump::jump:
  17. FastHippo

FastHippo

Thanks, that's why I said almost no one. I'm just waiting for you to get in the top 30. If you need any help, let me know. I still have several specific strategies that I have discovered during my runs.

The biggest problem is the amount of time it takes to do a run. I have so many ideas that I'd like to try, but I don't have the time. I even have something I might put Knock Off on because of BeachBoy. I was hoping some of you would like the team enough to change it to your liking. Jumpman makes his teams nearly perfect, you can't really tweak them. My team is open to suggestions. I don't know if Lapras is the best fit. In an earlier post I mentioned some of the pokemon that I considered using instead. Hippo doesn't have to be the lead. I still have at least two other leads I'd like to use, besides Jolteon, which is working quite well.
  18. BeachBoy

BeachBoy

Ahhh, snap. D: Didn't mean or intend to insult or disappoint you, or anyone for that matter. Yes, I should've mentioned you; sorry for the disappointment, Fast. =/ I definitely admire you & your awesome strategy; it's by far my favorite and I love that I've been 'n' still am able to execute it. I made a mistake not mentioning you, and I regret that. But thank you, for the inspiration and overall help with putting this together, your extreme success really gave me the confidence that this team could work. Usually, when I make teams, I'm intimidated 'n' think it's not that good enough to do great things, but you did help, and I was just stupid enough not to mention that. So, yeah, my bad. =/

Well, anyway, I think once I get a good rest tonight I'll try another run tomorrow (/today) because I'd like to go a bit further with this. Even though the 147 - 154 wasn't a cake walk (scores are misleading) I think it can be better, in terms of record.
  19. FastHippo

FastHippo

Thanks, I feel better now. I thought about using Uxie with Yawn/U-Turn/ but I was worried that it was too fast. And because I don't find it practical for me to use the pokemon that can't be bred. I don't have any that are of BT quality. I like the idea of double screens, I was just afraid of getting screwed by a crit. I also thought about putting Light Screen on Jolteon instead of Flash.
  20. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!

OK the game seriously wants my streak to end

I just faced 3 of the DD Tyranitars (set 4) in one set of 7, twice as starters, once followed by the DD dragonite, another pain...the DD ttar is maybe the worst encounter for this team

the first time it was 3-2 and I had a paralyzed, sub, 1/4 HP skarm out (after some carzy shit from hippo) and tyranitar missed the first 4 of 5 stone edges, lol I love brightpowder skarm, it´s even better than it ever could be with leftovers

the second time I almost lost, because turn1 crunch lowered skarm´s def. (shock moment), I somehow managed to toxic it, it DDed and then I survived a SE with like 7 HP and roosted to 92 HP, switched in lax to eat a thunder fang and SE for the KO

skarm came back, the turn of truth

stone edge, survived with 2 HP, roost to 87 HP
    thunder fang, survived with like 10 HP, roost
    SE or thunder fang missed next turn

(sorry if the toxic damage doesn´t correspond, but I don´t exactly remember turn 2 and 3)

the third one I missed toxic first but then roosted each SE up to full HP, I´m thankful for no CH, the SE did 82 dmg (1 or 2 DD?)

well, I´m very satisfied now, I beat the "The Other 250+" group (I don´t downplay your achievements guys, I respect them) and now only
    "The Three Threehundred+ Tower Titans" are before me :)

yeah, 280*

also ET your post is hilarious, I love the metagross pic
  21. Eppie

Eppie

When I posted my 165 score I was already facing the tower tycoon 2.
    When I lost battle #166 I started again immediatly as I realy had the feeling I could break my record again, and so I did.
    I only go to school once in a week, I'm supposed to work ~21 hrs a week but I sitll don't have a job, lawl. Neither do I play with animations which goes a little faster in my opinion, and setting up Scizor goes in 4 turns, there were Lucario need's 7 turns to max set up (I always go for 6 CM's if I get the chance to)

I'm not gonna play the BT for a while I guess because I feel like I just put too many time in there. Now I finally got my R4 and Platinum I might give it a try in there when I've beaten the story line.
  22. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

tale of insane hax:
    dark sent out gengar
    dude sent out bastidon (dont know spelling)
    gengar used energy ball
    bastidon lost around 23%
    bastidown used fire blast
    miss
    gengar used energy ball
    bastidon lost around 23%
    bastidown used blizzardgengar lost around 47%
    gengar used energy ball
    bastidon lost around 23%
    the dude used snadstorm : )
    quick claw
    bastidown used blizzard
    gengar faints
    dark sent out garchomp
    chomp used sub
    bastidown used blizzard
    hits sub breaks
    what are the chances in a storm 40%and it hit 2 times in a row
    qc activates the dude used blizzard
    chomp faints
    go cressilia
    ice beam takes his happiness
    next up:
    drapion
    double team to the power 6

my attacks keep missing
    cressilia
    psychic
    toxic
    ice beam
    moonlight
    GG
    gengar
    energy ball
    shadow ball
    destiny bond
    t-bolt!

note battle 28:now i gotta start from 1
    how boring
    peterko mind if i borrow that sexy loking skarm?im gonna replace cress and chomp!!
  23. Jetx

Jetx

I'm just in the preparation stage of getting a Battle Tower streak going, with a team I'm convinced will do extremely well. I don't want to give too much away about it just yet, seeing as I'm very fond of the idea and want to keep it hidden until I've actually tried and tested it, but it basically involves a Ninjask... a Ninjask that loves to stall. The first pokémon of the three is an Uxie, which uses the all-too-familiar Trick & Cripple strategy, until it goes out with a Memento. The second pokémon, Ninjask, leads off with Protect, which allows to outspeed even Scarf Electrode, then uses a combination of Substitute and Protect to waste away the PP of the move the foe is locked into. It seems workable to me, but I need some information for you guys that I haven't found anywhere else: do the Battle Tower Pokémon have maxed out PP?

After I can get a Sub up and unbroken, I Baton Pass the speed to a Pokémon that I personally believe to be completely uncounterable with a bit of speed behind it. I'm looking forward to giving it a test, though I really need to find somebody who could help me teach my Uxie Trick. I have all the shards and stuff, but if somebody could actually help me out with this I'd be in their (your?) debt, and they'd get credit in the post where I actually reveal the whole team. Thanks for reading.
  24. Eppie

Eppie

@ jetx

the answer for your question would be: no.
    they use the standard pp amount
    (Sheer Cold has 5 PP, thunderbolt has 15 PP and so on)
  25. Jetx

Jetx

That's some good news. If my calculations are correct, a pokémon with HP not divisible by 4 and Leftovers can combine Substitute and Protect for stalling of 15 turns, which is enough for my Ninjask to stall the PP out of anything from Fire Fang down to Draco Meteor. As for any attacking moves with more PP (I can only think of things like Aerial Ace and priority moves), they will barely scratch Uxie, which can waste any extra PP whilst crippling them with Flash and Memento, which could stop them from breaking Ninjask's Substitutes with such low base power. As soon as the moves are out of PP, or if Ninjask can up a Sub without it being broken (set-up moves fall into this category too), I can successfully get the speed to pokémon #3. I'm really looking forward to getting this done now, as I can't think of anything that can stop my Baton Pass other than Quick Claw + OHKO move activating twice in a row (and even then I'm safe from Fissure).
    I just need to get that Ninjask bred and find somebody cool with Platinum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)