1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

DP Battle Tower Records

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Peterko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

Lopunny has the Klutz/Switcheroo combo going for it as well, making it a great lead for battle tower as you're not locked into one move if you don't feel like Tricking.
  2. Battle-Tower Challenger

Battle-Tower Challenger

when it has klutz, is the speed increase (from the scarf) negated, isnt it?? O=
  3. Sudo

Sudo

Yes, it doesn't get the speed boost, which makes it susceptible to faster pokemon.
  4. adman2

adman2

The purpose of Lopunny is actually to Switcheroo something like an Iron Ball or a Lagging Tail, since she isn't affected by them.
  5. Chinese Dood

Chinese Dood

By the way, Jumpman's Lopunny has Cute Charm, not Klutz, so it does get the speed boost from scarf, which lets it outspeed everything in Battle Tower aside from Quick Claw.
  6. Battle-Tower Challenger

Battle-Tower Challenger

ok thx^^.
    so...why lopunny over mesprit?
  7. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

because im guessing at the time he made the team.mespirit din't get trick.and when mespirit did get trick cressilia was a better option.
  8. FastHippo

FastHippo

Even though I couldn't get a decent picture of my DS screen with my digital camera, my records seem to have gone unchallenged. I hope this means that my strategy makes sense to Peterko and Jumpman16. And that I have provided adequate detail in my posts. I thank you for trusting me. I am now in position to justify your trust. My wife bought a better digital camera a few hours ago.

[​IMG]
  9. Battle-Tower Challenger

Battle-Tower Challenger

There is no Protect in the moveset (or as an option for wish/substitute) why?
  10. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

Well it does say something else but protect is not really needed unless your PP stalling :p.
    the main idea is to sleep it,cripple then sleep it again and switch setup sweep.protect just wastes a turn.I used this lead to get to 141 wins.protect does have only one use.to stall out resttalking ohko users but sub did the job better as if it dint hit then you still have a sub.
  11. Battle-Tower Challenger

Battle-Tower Challenger

what are the movesets for Gyarados and Garchomp, BeachBoy use with his umbreon team??
  12. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

Garchomp @ Lum berry
    Jolly
    252 spd/252att/6hp
    ~Sword Dance
    ~Outrage
    ~Earthquke
    ~Substitute

Gyarados....standard bulkydo..look it up.
  13. Battle-Tower Challenger

Battle-Tower Challenger

ok. levtovers on gyara? taunt?, stoneedge or icefang or earthquake?
  14. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Battle-Tower-Challenger, stop shitting up the thread please. All the questions that you're asking have already been answered over the course of the thread so use the Search Function in future.

(Good job FastHippo!)
  15. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

Was going through the old posts and found vipers 914 wins,anyone remember that.Jumpman why dont you try beating that?
  16. Ondore

Ondore

Because it was deemed to be fake or suspect at best.
  17. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I have 987 wins in the Battle Tower with Garchomp, Cresselia, and Latias. Please put me on the list.

(Do you guys see the problem here ?_?)

Anyhow, I'm about to hack Lee's Uxie / Bellyzard / Third Thing team onto my game so I can make some runs at the BT.
  18. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

Yeah but i was convinced by petereko's explanation and the pics :/
  19. FastHippo

FastHippo

Jolteon @Focus Sash
    145/63/74/127/143/200
    Yawn
    Substitute
    Flash
    Charm

The basics, use the fastest Yawn in the BT to set up Garchomp.

Much of the time, Jolteon cripples the opposing lead, with Flash and/or Charm. I'm then usually able to get in three Sword Dances and sweep.

The cool thing is, if Jolteon faints on turn 2, Garchomp comes in for free and sweeps. If Jolteon makes it to turn 3, it's over. Garchomp gets to eventually gets to face an opponent that can't do much to it.

Since Jolteon is so fast, it is often worth saving it if you can. It can almost always to come back to Revenge Yawn something.

Garchomp Jolly@Lum Berry
    Substitue
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Outrage

I've written a lot about this great pokemon. It does what it does, sweep.

Gyarados Jolly@Life Orb
    170/177/97/65/116/146
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Substitute

This is by far the most expendable member of the team. It is sacrificed whenever necessary. I started using it to fight Ice users if I couldn't sufficiently cripple them. I am planning on replacing it(I hate the amount of time that it takes to breed new pokemon).

One weakness of my JGG team was exploited. Togekiss 2 has DT and Sub. Long story short, I could hardly hit it with Gyarados(once) or Garchomp(twice). My badly poisoned Garchomp killed it, only to face a Focus Sash pokemon that I would have OHKOd with my +4 Outrage.

My streak ended with 192 wins.

I don't feel that it is worth it to go into a more detailed strategy explanation. If anyone is serious about using this team or their own variant, feel free to ask me any questions.
  20. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm waiting for Platinum before I do another run so I can give Uxie Knock Off so be sure to do that to help deal with those pesky Lum/Chesto leads. I'm still not decided on a definitive "Third Thing" yet though so be sure to have a good look into that! Bulky DD/waterfall/return/taunt Gyarados was the best fit I could think off...sets up on the especially Bulky Waters that stop Tyranitar and can deal with the Curselax that are the bane of my team.
  21. Groombridge

Groombridge

Multi battle: 63 wins and counting.

After weeks of waiting a day for new partners in the Battle Salon and then getting critical'd by their Earthquakes, I finally cracked my old record. This has to be the most exasperating mode of BT, simply because you feel like you're playing alongside a toddler or something.

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Timid, Levitate
    26 HP, 252 SpA, 232 Spe

Draco Meteor
    Psychic
    Surf
    Thunderbolt

Peterko's Latios: it's a beautiful thing. Its job is simply to smoosh things, as swiftly and stylishly as possible. When it's time to switch, it goes to:

Metagross @ Wide Lens
    Adamant, Clear Body
    152 HP, 252 Atk, 100 SpD

Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake

These two complement each other well defensively, and cover just about everything offensively too. Ice Punch and EQ for the coverage, plus MM for huge STAB power (and Wide Lens for 93% accuracy) and Bullet Punch, which has saved my ass repeatedly. No Explosion, because that would kill my partner, which obviously won't use Protect when you need it to (if it even has it). Likewise, Protect on Meta is missing - you can't always predict when your partner will smack you with a spread move, so I just went for attacks. That's why these guys have very 'singles' sets, although they're playing in doubles. In Multi, you play alongside your partner, not with them...

As for partners: go with sweepers, that's the golden rule. Preferably Water-resistant ones like Latias, Salamence and Gyarados, so Latios can throw Surf around willy-nilly. I don't think the partner 'sees' you - that's why it'll hit you with spread moves or stat up at odd times when it should be saving your ass. It behaves as though it's two on one. By looking at its moves, you can try and predict what it'll do, although there's really no telling.

One time, me and Riley's Salamence (DD/DC/EQ/AA) were up against Meganium and Drifblim. Latios had Meteor'd the turn before, so I wanted to switch and avoid a Ghost attack at the same time. I predicted Mence to AA Meganium, or DC something, or maybe Dance, since it does that fairly randomly - but not EQ. Why would it use EQ against a resist and an immunity? Safe switch for Meta, right? Go, Metagross!

A critical hit! >.>

We pulled through, but still - it makes me wary of choosing a partner with a Garchomp with Meta on the team...
  22. FastHippo

FastHippo

Yeah, it must suck when you have to outpredict two opponents AND your partner. I'm glad you still got the win.
  23. Peterko

Peterko Never give up!
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

deuteronopia use max speed on your latios if the IVs allow it...my spread is from emerald and I am both unable to change it (lv.100) and my latiosĀ“ speed IV is 27
  24. EeveeTrainer

EeveeTrainer

He's alive!!!!!
  25. darkseeker4

darkseeker4

And i repeat: HES ALIVE!!!!!

Well I have been convinced to give multi battle a try and i am currently sitting at 42 on my first attempt.

Swellow @ Toxic orb
    Adamant
    252 att/252 spd/6hp
    ~Protect
    ~Facade
    ~Brave bird
    ~U-turn

I am yet to figure out why this is uu.He is an absoult beast and ko so much stuff.what he cant ko.....

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    100 hp/252 att/158 spd
    ~Meteor Mash
    ~Earthquake
    ~Bullet punch
    ~Hammer arm

I try to pick a patner with atleast one flier on the team.Hammer arm is for bronzong mainly.

This is a solid team and my reach to 42 has been swift.Lets hope i can make the top ten on my first attempt :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)