DP Girafarig (uu)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
While this is a Baton Passing set, I did not use this on my Baton Passing team. I used it with Raticate when trying to set up the Swords Dance, Facade Sucker Punch set, because people were mostly attacking with physical attacks.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/girafarig

[SET]
Name: Psuedo-Pass
Move 1: Agility
Move 2: Baton Pass
Move 3: Reflect
Move 4: Mirror Coat
Item: Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Timid
Ability: Early Bird

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Girafarig's purpose is very linear: Agility, Reflect and hope the opponent switches to a special attacker, Mirror Coat, and finally Baton Pass to a teammate. Reflect is boosted by Light Clay, and hopefully the 6 turns of essentially double defense that the teammate receives is enough to allow it to increase its own attacking stats and sweep.</p>

<p>242 Speed is reached to outspeed +Speed nature Omastar, Crawdaunt, Clefable and Lapras. After an Agility, Girafarig also outspeeds Choice Scarf Froslass, Manectric, and Rapidash. The reason so many Special Defense EVs are given is because without any EV investment, Girafarig only has 166 Special Defense, which actually causes it to be OHKOed by various UU Choice Specs users.</p>

<p>Early Bird is chosen specifically over Inner Focus because Girafarig benefits greatly from having sleep reduced to 1 or 2 turns. However, if Hitmontop, Persian, or Purugly seem to be exceedingly annoying, Inner Focus could be viable. 0 Attack IV and Timid are recommended specifically for the scenario where Girafarig is confused, as they will allow Girafarig to minimize the damage it does to itself.</p>

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Girafarig's purpose is very linear: Agility, Reflect and hope the opponent switches to a special attacker, Mirror Coat, Baton Pass to a teammate. Reflect is boosted by Light Clay, and hopefully the 6 turns of essentially double defense that the recipient recieves is enough to allow it to increase its own attacking stats.</p>

<p>242 Speed is reached to outspeed +Speed nature Omastar, Crawdaunt, Clefable and Lapras. After an Agility, Girafarig also outspeeds Choice Scarf Froslass, Manectric, and Rapidash. The reason so much Special Defense EVs are given is because without any EV investment, Girafarig only has 166 Special Defense, which actually causes it to be OHKOed by various UU Choice Specs users.</p>

<p>Early Bird is chosen specifically over Inner Focus because Girafarig benefits greatly from having sleep reduced to 1 or 2 turns. However, if Hitmontop, Persian, or Purugly seem to be exceedingly annoying, Inner Focus could be viable.</p>

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
This is really just a nitpick, but if you aren't using any physical attacks, nor have any as options, Timid + a 0 Atk IV will allow Girafarig to take less confusion damage should it become confused.

On another note, Girarfarig learns Wish and Magic Coat via egg move, which could be useful. Wish for obvious reasons such as supporting the team, and Magic Coat to give UU status inducers attempting to shut/ wear down Girafarig with sleep/ poison/ burn etc.

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Early Bird

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Girafarig's purpose is very linear: Agility, Reflect and hope the opponent switches to a special attacker, Mirror Coat, Baton Pass to a teammate. Reflect is boosted by Light Clay, and hopefully the 6 turns of essentially double defense that the recipient receives is enough to allow it to increase its own attacking stats.</p>
I before E, except after C.

<p>242 Speed is reached to outspeed +Speed nature Omastar, Crawdaunt, Clefable and Lapras. After an Agility, Girafarig also outspeeds Choice Scarf Froslass, Manectric, and Rapidash. The reason so much Special Defense EVs are given is because without any EV investment, Girafarig only has 166 Special Defense, which actually causes it to be OHKOed by various UU Choice Specs users.</p>
The words "much" and "are" are conflicting since "much" implies the subject is singular, while "are" implies that the subject is plural. This all boils down to whether "EVs" are plural or singular. As you can see from my previous sentence, i see "EVs" as being plural, since it is possible to have only one EV, so I believe that "much" should be replaced by "many". However, this is all personal preference so if you view "EVs" as being singular, simply replace "are" with "is" to avoid the singular/plural conflict.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The words "much" and "are" are conflicting since "much" implies the subject is singular, while "are" implies that the subject is plural. This all boils down to whether "EVs" are plural or singular. As you can see from my previous sentence, i see "EVs" as being plural, since it is possible to have only one EV, so I believe that "much" should be replaced by "many". However, this is all personal preference so if you view "EVs" as being singular, simply replace "are" with "is" to avoid the singular/plural conflict.
It seems in all of the other analyses, the word 'EVs' is considered plural. For that reason 'are' should be used in this case.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this post is for jrrrrrrr's and Aldaron's purposes...

don't delete, I feel like a passing other options mention doesn't give this set the credit it deserves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)