DP Hitmonchan (new moveset)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com:81/dp/pokemon/hitmonchan

As it stands, the Hitmonchan analysis has three sets: Choice Band, Choice Scarf and SubPunch. I think that's a little unimaginative, so would like to propose a new set.

[SET]
Name: Agili-Chan
Move 1: Agility
Move 2: Close Combat
Move 3: Ice Punch
Move 4: ThunderPunch
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant
EV's: EV's: 98HP/ 252Atk/ 160Speed

Get an Agility in, then pummel the opponent to death. Best used late game when the opponent's physical walls are weakened or dead.

Electric/Ice/Fight grants excellent coverage and with an impressive Attack score and Iron Fist, 'Chan can be a big threat with a speed boost.

The Speed EV's generate 228 speed which allows Hitmonchan to outspeed Garchomp w/ Choice Scarf after an Agility and Ice Punch for the KO. If you don't fear Garchomp, then the next logical speed number to aim for is 202 to outspeed Choice Scarf Heracross.

If it's not possible to include that set, then I think Agility should at least be mentioned in Other Options. Hitmonchan's power and type coverage really lends itself to Agility, and he forces enough switches to earn a free turn.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
your title made it seem like you are requesting a peer edit of a rewrite of the DP Hitmonchan analysis. this is more appropriately titled "New moveset for DP Hitmonchan"

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
* i think mentioning garchomp/heracross might be out of place - hitmonchan is a UU pokemon. i guess having a side note about it doesnt hurt... but this should be more centered around combat with UU pokemon.

* if you don't know the SCMS format don't try to write in it ;-)

Seems like a solid set. Not totally sure about speed tiers in UU but I'm guessing the fastest pokemon you'd see using Scarfs would be the 105 base group (Scyther, Electabuzz, Manelectic).

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Okay, how's this?

Name: Agili-Chan
Move 1: Agility
Move 2: Close Combat
Move 3: Ice Punch
Move 4: ThunderPunch
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 242HP/ 252Atk/ 16Speed

Get an Agility in, then pummel the opponent to death. Best used late game when the opponent's physical walls are weakened or dead.

Electric/Ice/Fight grants excellent coverage and with an impressive Attack score and Iron Fist, 'Chan can be a big threat with a speed boost.

The Speed EV's generate 192 Speed allowing Hitmonchan to outspeed Swellow after an Agility. Swellow should be the fastest Pokemon Hitmonchan will come up against in the lower tiers, but more Speed EV's can be used at the expense of the HP EV's if you'd like to outspeed Choice Scarf users or OU Pokemon. 56 Speed EV's can top Choice Scarf Hera, whereas 160 can surpass Choice Scarf Garchomp.
Changes in bold.

Thanks for the pointers, chaos.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this post is for jrrrrrrr's and aldaron's purposes...

should be deleted (great set btw Lee my favorite Hitmonchan set!) purpose of the thread fulfilled set is on site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)