DP Persian .

Presenting this as an alternative to the recent Electrode Rain Dance set, and because Persian makes a useful Rain Dancer.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/persian

[SET]
Name: Hypno-Dance Persian
Move 1: Hypnosis
Move 2: Rain Dance
Move 3: Fake Out / Taunt
Move 4: U-Turn
Item: Damp Rock / Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Persian is the fastest user of both Hypnosis and Rain Dance together, meaning you can put a Pokemon to sleep with Hypnosis, giving you an opportunity to Rain Dance. These factors allow Persian to set up Rain Dance without taking any initial damage.</p>

<p>Fake Out is the primary option as it can quickly eliminate Pokemon who rely on Focus Sash. If you feel Fake Out is unneeded, Taunt makes a great option, stopping any Pokemon with Sleep Talk, or an immunity to sleep. Taunt also deals with any leads relying on Stealth Rock. U-Turn is to make a quick exit if Persian does not want to waste time while Rain Dance is up.</p>

<p>Focus Sash can be used in place of Damp Rock for extra protection, however 8 turns of Rain is extremely helpful in UU. If you are worried about opposing priority leads, Focus Sash may be the item you are looking for. Additionally, use Limber when using Taunt over Fake Out, otherwise use Technician.</p>

I think you should include Return and Fake Out in this (at least in other options) ..Fake Out can ruin possible focus sashers who might ruin a future sweep. Return is still a great STAB'd move that doesn't require setting up Rain Dance (like Thunder or Water Pulse if you want the boost).

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I second rkatzam. Fake Out will give you a free turn no matter what, and if you run technician can actually do some nice STAB damage. Put it as an extra option next to Taunt/Water Pulse.
You could run an effective Fake Out, Rain Dance, Hypnosis, Water Pulse set I'm thinking.

I added Fake-out to OTHER OPTIONS, and next to Taunt/Water Pulse in the 3rd slot.

As for Return, I am still waiting to see if other people think it could fit in, and if so which slot (either 3rd or 4th), plus I don't want slashitis.

I edited my explanation for suggested EVs, to accomodate Fake-out.

woah major slash-titus:

[SET]
Name: Hypno-Dance Persian
Move 1: Hypnosis
Move 2: Rain Dance
Move 3: Fake Out / Taunt
Move 4: U-Turn
Item: Damp Rock / Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

Its "Fake Out" not "Fake-out". Also capitalize the T in "U-Turn". To be honest, this Persian isnt meant to stay in and attempt to sweep. I have used it myself and my set was Hypnosis, RD, U-Turn, Fake Out. Taunt seems like a decent option for other Pokemon who seriously mess up your plan. However Fake Out and Hypnosis seems to deal with everything anyway. Water Pulse and Thunder arent needed as you want to get out quickly so your omastar,kabutops, ect. can sweep. Therefore U-Turn is a neccesity. Taunt can be used next to Fake Out but I feel Fake Out is the primary option.

Jolly Nature should be used in place of Hasty since no special attacks should be run. Focus Sash is a great second item just because Persian is outsped by a lot of Pokemon in UU and it would be nice to have an extra blanket of security. The only major problem is with Rain Dance and U-Turn, you would only have 3 turns of rain for your sweeper. However thats better then none, which is entirely possible, should Persian be fighting a scarf hitmonlee lead, a scarf rotom, an electrode, a max speed persian, ect.

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Persian is the fastest user of both Rain Dance and Hypnosis together, meaning not only does it get the chance to set up Rain Dance without harm, it also can take the opportunity to put opponents to sleep.</p>

Electrode and Swellow cant put opponents to sleep so you might as well mention that persian is the fastest pokemon that can do that. reworded a lot of it. That last sentence is totally unneeded as it just repeats what has already been said.

<p>Fake Out is the primary option as it can quickly eliminate Pokemon who rely on Focus Sash. If you feel Fake Out is unneeded, Taunt makes a great option, stopping any Pokemon with Sleep Talk, Lum Berry, or an immunity to sleep. Taunt also deals with any leads relying on Stealth Rock. Rain Dance combos perfectly with Persian's high Speed as it nets you Rain Dance safely. U-Turn is to make a quick exit as Persian does not want to waste time while Rain Dance is up.<p>

<p>Focus Sash can be used in place of Damp Rock for extra protection, however 8 turns of Rain is extremely helpful in UU. If you are worried about opposing priority leads, Focus Sash may be the item you are looking for.

<p>You will want to rely on Speed to set up Rain Dance, therefore 216 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature is recommended. If using a Focus Sash, 252 EVs can be put into Speed.</p>

A lot of mispellings as well as bad wording, so I just redid this. I fixed the moveset options.

Good Luck and i hope you choose this edited version.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Persian is the fastest user of both Rain Dance and Hypnosis together, meaning you can put a Pokemon to sleep with Hypnosis, giving you an opportunity to Rain Dance. These factors allow Persian to set up Rain Dance without taking any initial damage.</p>
Getting Rain Dance out is the result of Hypnosis, therefore Hypnosis should be mentioned first. Rain Dance does NOT give you the opportunity to set up Rain Dance, rather Hypnosis gives you the opportunity to set up Rain Dance.

Rephrased.

<p>Fake Out is the primary option as it can quickly eliminate Pokemon who rely on Focus Sash. If you feel Fake Out is unneeded, Taunt makes a great option, stopping any Pokemon with Sleep Talk, or an immunity to sleep. Taunt also deals with any leads relying on Stealth Rock. U-Turn is to make a quick exit if Persian does not want to waste time while Rain Dance is up.</p>
Removed Lum Berry in the first option as Taunt doesn't stop it.

Removed 'Rain Dance combos perfectly with Persian's high Speed as it nets you Rain Dance safely.' because repetition never sounds good, especially when out of place.

Replaced 'as' with 'if' as 'as' is implying that it more or less never wants to set RD.

<p>You will want to rely on Speed to set up Rain Dance, therefore 216 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature is recommended. If using a Focus Sash, 252 EVs can be put into Speed.</p>
Is this last paragraph really necessary at all? 252 Speed with either items aren't going to make a difference. 10 HP isn't going to make a big difference. Is there any need for HP EVs? Explain if so. Otherwise this paragraph is, as I stated before, unnecessary.

I would change the spread to 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe.

Ok fixed further grammatical errors. Is there anything that needs to be done before it gets added to the Persian Analysis?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)