DP Research Thread #2 ("New")

Status
Not open for further replies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
has it been confirmed that you cant skill swap forecast in the same way you cant skill swap multitype?
On the contrary. Forecast can be freely Skill Swapped. If it is Skill Swapped off a transformed Castform, its form will not change when the weather changes.

alright this is what i got from testing gravity. times hit/time used
WoW:17/17
thunder:31/31
sing:15/16
zap cannon:23/27
horn drill:13/17 with zoom lens attached.
i didn't know levels affected horn drill acc. it was a lv.100 rhyperior against a lv.60 clefable. hope this helps with the research.
I think since this post it's been established that Gravity increases the Accuracy of moves a great deal but what about 1HKOs? Wizard of Odd's testing scenario seems a bit flawed in that regard seeing as Rhyperior is 40 levels above Clefable. Just wondering if any research has been done specifically on 1hkos as their accuracy formulas are dependent on level. (iirc)

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[NAME]
Embargo
[SHORT DESC]
Item use is prevented.
[LONG DESC]
The opponent is prevented from using its hold item until it switches out.

TRE posted in the move analysis topic (where I can´t post, which is not very funny) that the effect disappears if the foe switches...it obviously does so if the foe faints, which means you will have to use embargo on the next foe again

what hasn´t been said yet is that this attack lasts 5 turns (including the turn it is used) and it also disallows the trainer (foe) to use items, not only the pokémon to use its held item (this second part is actually in the ingame move description)...

EDIT: added (foe) so it is clear that the oponent can´t use items

Do you have proof on the second part? The game has been known to give dubious descriptions...

And if it does block your item as well, does the effect stay for you if your opponent switches out? Vice-Versa? Does it allow you to change attacks with a choice item? Who does it affect in 2v2?

Edit: Ooops, I read that wrong, you meant that the opponent couldn't use potions or X Attack and what not didn't you?

Snow Cloak prevents Hail damage to non-Ice types, just like Sand Veil prevents Sandstorm damage to non-Ground, Rock, and Steel types. This may have been posted earlier, but wasn't in the first page of either this thread or the old research thread.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Embargo is an effect on the target. The target's Held Item is disabled for 5 turns and the trainer can't use items on the targeted Pokemon. Even if the Pokemon that used Embargo switches out or faints, the effect will remain.

In terms of the trainer not being able to use items, I've tried Potions, Full Heal and X items on the active, none were allowed. You're still able to use Revives on the non-active Pokemon. Probably doesn't stop prevent any items that are targeting a non-active Pokemon, but I've only personally tried Revive. Lucky Egg is unaffected by Embargo.

Edit: Lucky Egg is also immune to Knock Off. The game says the Lucky Egg was Knocked Off, but it's still there and still works. After you try to Knock Off the Lucky Egg, the Lucky Egg gains immunity to Trick and Thief and if you try to use Knock Off again, you don't get a message stating the Lucky Egg was Knocked Off. Switching out and switching back in does not change this. It does go back to normal between battles, though.

Okay, well this is only relevant in 2v2 then, but does Embargo allow you to choose a different attack if used on a choice item pokemon? And if you move faster than the choice item user, will it remove the boost on the turn Embargo is used? And are you locked into the move you used on the 5th turn or do you select one on the 6th turn?

As well, does Embargo make it so the opponent's item doesn't work, or so it's as if the opponent has no item? As in can you still use Hurl or any other move that requires an item?

Edit: Lucky Egg is also immune to Knock Off. The game says the Lucky Egg was Knocked Off, but it's still there and still works. After you try to Knock Off the Lucky Egg, the Lucky Egg gains immunity to Trick and Thief and if you try to use Knock Off again, you don't get a message stating the Lucky Egg was Knocked Off. Switching out and switching back in does not change this. It does go back to normal between battles, though.

Just to make sure, the only inbattle effect of Lucky Egg is to increase experience gain, right? o_O

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Okay, well this is only relevant in 2v2 then, but does Embargo allow you to choose a different attack if used on a choice item pokemon?

Yep.

And if you move faster than the choice item user, will it remove the boost on the turn Embargo is used?

Yep. In the case of Choice Scarf, the order the Pokemon attack in for the current turn is unchanged. I haven't tested it but it the speed change will probably effect Gyro Ball immedately.

And are you locked into the move you used on the 5th turn or do you select one on the 6th turn?

Not sure. I haven't tested personally.

As well, does Embargo make it so the opponent's item doesn't work, or so it's as if the opponent has no item?

Doesn't work. You're holding an item, so you can't Thief a new one. If the opponent has a Sticky Barb, you can't steal it with a Direct Attack.

As in can you still use Hurl or any other move that requires an item?

No idea.

Just to make sure, the only inbattle effect of Lucky Egg is to increase experience gain, right? o_O

AFAIK that's the only thing it does. I guess you can Fling it. <_<

I think I have come across a bug involving Rage, Sub, and any other move:

I was using a Kangaskhan with the the move set: Sub, Sucker punch, Rage, and focus punch.

One battle, something strange happened:

Kang used substitute.
Krabby used mud shot!
Sub takes damage for Kang.

Kang used Rage!
Damage dealt yay!
Krabby used Mud shot!
Sub takes damage. (Rage is not boosted) (SUB IS NOT BROKEN)

Sub doll slides out, Kang does the focus punch animation thingy, sub slides back.
Krabby Used Mud Shot!
Kang takes damage (though the sub sprite is still there), loses a stage of speed, Rage builds, loses focus.

Now Kang's sprite is the Substitute doll, if I use substitute a new substitute doll comes in like normal. Kang is still the sub doll (it looks hilarious when a sub doll changes places with a sub doll and uses focus punch, then slides back again).
When switched out and back in, kang is back to normal.

I tried it again with rage, Sucker punch, and Sub and got the same result of bugged sprites. In fact, I was able to Rage, Sub, Rage, Sub, and a new sub would be made each time (The opponent never hit me, it was busy being a retard at the time). I was able to Sub, rage, rage, rage completely normal though.

So basically, if I use rage while behind a sub, then try to use any move other than rage, the sub disappears with no message or animation, and my pokemon is now the doll sprite.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And another bug with Rage and Confusion status:

Kang used Rage!
Damage dealt.
Nidorina used double kick.
2 hits, 2 boosts.

Kang used Rage.
Damage dealt.
Nidorina used flatter.
Sp atk up, Kang becomes confused.

Kang used Sub (no confusion message whatsoever)
Nidorina used Double kick.
Sub breaks on last hit.

Kang used sub (confusion completely gone).
Flatter fails.

Kang used rage.
Nidorina used Double kick.
sub breaks on last hit.

Kang used sucker punch. Fails.
Nidorina uses Flatter.
Kang is confused.

Kang uses sub (confusion message comes up).

So basically, if I use rage before I get confused, the message comes up, but no confusion actually happens. (I really hope this isn't a bug and is actually another awesome boost for rage)

Both of these were done in Diamond in the battle tower. When I went into wild battles and double trainer battles, I got all the same results.

I would really like someone else to recreate and confirm what happened here (or if someone already discovered this, that would be awesome too), because for all I know I'm actually asleep right now and this is a fucked dream, which explains the inconsistent capitalization of these words.

Edit: All this stuff happens on PBR also, except the dolls sliding in and out (because in PBR the dolls are present to do the attacks).

Acupressure and Psych Up go right through Protect.

There's a Doubles team in the PBR single-player mode that capitalizes on this. One Pokémon Belly Drums. The next turn, when you try to finish off the weakened thing, it Protects and its partner Psych Ups the Attack boosts.

Does Sucker Punch hit through Sleep Talk?

I searched the thread and didn't find anything about it, so if it's been answered, my bad.

Sucker Punch also won't work on Me First, Metronome, or Copycat.
Do Me First and Copycat work on Sucker Punch?

Or well, I guess that's more a question of does Sucker Punch work on Sucker Punch, which is probably answered somewhere..

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Do Me First and Copycat work on Sucker Punch?

Or well, I guess that's more a question of does Sucker Punch work on Sucker Punch, which is probably answered somewhere..
Me First can't, as it doesn't have a priority. Copycat can copy Sucker Punch if it was the last move used on the field, but it'll only do it successfullyif you move before your foe and they are using an attack move.

As a note, Sucker Punch DOES work on Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch is an attack move, but even though your foe's sucker punch fails, it's still an attacking move.

Me First can't, as it doesn't have a priority. Copycat can copy Sucker Punch if it was the last move used on the field, but it'll only do it successfullyif you move before your foe and they are using an attack move.

As a note, Sucker Punch DOES work on Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch is an attack move, but even though your foe's sucker punch fails, it's still an attacking move.
So wait, one Sucker Punch works while the other fails? Which one fails, faster or slower?

I have a question on the Quick Feet ability. Does it double your speed or multiply it by 1.5?

I assume it multiplies it by 1.5 because my Urarsang with 200 speed got outsped by a none choice scarfed weavile. And weavile has a max of 383 speed, and if Quick Feet doubled it then Urarsang would attack first.

And no the weavile wasn't choice scarfed or hacked.

I have a question on the Quick Feet ability. Does it double your speed or multiply it by 1.5?

I assume it multiplies it by 1.5 because my Urarsang with 200 speed got outsped by a none choice scarfed weavile. And weavile has a max of 383 speed, and if Quick Feet doubled it then Urarsang would attack first.

And no the weavile wasn't choice scarfed or hacked.
Quick Feet is like Guts for speed, it multiplies by 1.5x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)