DP Suicune

Status
Not open for further replies.
After running into both the Calm Mind Life Orb and Substitute Calm Mind sets, I conclude that both of them are monsters.... total monsters. In fact, I have serious trouble countering them until I started testing my own Calm Mind Life Orb Raikou (which still 2HKOs even after the first Calm Mind). What makes the Sub set so deadly is that electric and grass attacks are fairly rare, and you beat the most common grass type Celebi with it, and you can't explode on it because it subs in your face and is suprisingly faster than the majority of boomers (all except Gar and Zelf really). The Life Orb set is a total bitch to handle because after its first Calm Mind its type coverage and power are very difficult to deal with (worse than life orb Starmie and sweeper Deoxys).

Substitute is more deadly, imo. I notice how often I blow up Bronzong just to kill Suicune, so i'm glad there aren't many people using Sub ;d

I'd just personally go with max speed on the Life Orb set because 10 extra hp won't help at all but 10 extra speed will help against other Suicune and stuff like Jolly Heracross but that's just me.

Substitute is more deadly, imo. I notice how often I blow up Bronzong just to kill Suicune, so i'm glad there aren't many people using Sub ;d

I'd just personally go with max speed on the Life Orb set because 10 extra hp won't help at all but 10 extra speed will help against other Suicune and stuff like Jolly Heracross but that's just me.
I can see how Substitute is helpful for Blissey, exploders and status but with a Life Orb your not going to be alive for long. Even then its a hard decision to choose what move it should replace, because iirc water, electric, and ice hit everything for neutral damage save Shedinja. I Might give a try though. Not having to predict an Explosion is always good.

EDIT:

Didn't see the second set :O

When I was talking about ''Substitute'' I was talking about the second set listed (the one with Leftovers) not the one with Life Orb. You obviously aren't going to use Substitute with Life Orb ;d

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
(takes back CM Life Orb comments, I guess. I still don't like life orb but that's just me)

can we commit both sets soon please k thanks

Sub + Life Orb doesn't work, especially when you aren't immune to any kind of residual damage.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yea Caelum, you can PM it to me if you want, but I recommend just posting it so we can get a clean topic away from this 50 message cesspool lol.

Anyway, I want both an all out offensive calm mind sweeper suicune AND the substitute set in there, as both are extremely effective for what they attempt to accomplish.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This post is for Aldaron's and jrrrrrr's purposes ...

Delete this, it's already on the site. I'm really noticing how many times particular sets have been done over and over now. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)