DP Suicune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for a while, I've been using Suicune, CM Shuffle Suicune to be more specific and it's actually been beaten by faster Pokemon, Electivire for example can come in on a weakened Suicune, not matter how many Calm Minds it has up and finish it off since a STAB, Expert Belt'd Thunderpunch can potentially 2KO Suicune (guarenteed with Stealth Rock damage), Lucario can just about 3KO with a Life Orb'd Close Combat, however, it can take a Surf from it and 2KO with Close Combat after a Swords Dance. From there, I've been thinking of actually using its base 85 Speed to its own advantage alongside Calm Mind.

It's current analysis- http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/suicune

[SET]
name: All Out Calm Mind Attacker
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Surf / Hidden Power Electric
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Electric
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 232 Spe / 100 HP / 176 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Suicune is the only Bulky Water to have access to a usable base Speed, Calm Mind and a base 110 Defense to defend and Attack from. From as far as I can remember, people have just used the Standard "Max the Defense and HP". No one has actually used Suicune's base 85 Speed to its own advantage. There are a lot of threats to it that can use it as setup fodder, or, attack it while it's unable to outspeed it, Lucario, Electivire and Metagross are all good examples of that. Suicune can pick them all off if they switch in on a Calm Mind, or, a Life Orb boosted Surf.</p>

<p>This set is made to allow Suicune to take advantage of its sweeping potential. Surf and Ice Beam are the obvious damaging attacks here since, however, their coverage is limted to pure Water types, Slowbro and Emploeon. Hidden Power Electric can go in Ice Beam's slot if you really fear those Pokemon. Shadow Ball nails Deoxys-E, Cresselia, Shedinja and Slowbro while hitting other Waters for neutral. The item choice is up to you, a Life Orb would provide some extra power if you don't think you'll be able to stock up on Calm Minds easily. Leftovers would provide a nice soruce of recovery if you want Suicune to stay in play longer.</p>

<p>The EVs are designed to exploit Suicune's Speed and Defensive capibilities. The Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Adamant, max speed Electivire and 2KO with a +1 Surf, with a Life Orb and an extra 2% from some type of support (whether it's from Spikes, Burn, Poison, Stealth Rock, it doesn't matter, you just need an extra 2% damage on it) you have a guaranteed 2KO on Electivire with an unboosted Surf. The HP EVs allow Suicune to hit a 368 HP, allowing for maximum Leftovers recovery, if you're using a Life Orb, you throw those HP EVs into Special Attack and/or Defense. The rest of the EVs go to Defense so Suicune can still take a hit from both sides of the attacking spectrum. The EV Spread, 216 Speed / 252 SpA / 40 HP is also usable for the same set, however, it offers more offensive power with the subtraction of the HP and Defense EVs. </p>

[Other Options]

<p>Tailwind can go anywhere besides Calm Mind if you want to ease up on the Speed EVs and support your team, however, it lasts for 3 turns so, you'd be wasting a turn Speeding yourself up, again and again and again. Rest works well with Life Orb if your setting up on something like Blissey, or, if you just want to heal Suicune up when you get the chance to use it. Hidden Power Bug can hit Celebi and Slowbro hard when they try to switch in. Hidden Power Fire can hit Foretress and Celebi if they decide to come in.</p>

didnt someone already do an analysis on this?

I believe Wayff or CIM did.

Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric
Calm Mind
Surf

Is the best set. Shadow Ball is useless. 216 Speed, 252 SpA, 40 HP should be the spread:/

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Suicune is the only Bulky Water to have access to a usable base Speed, Calm Mind and a base 110 Defense to defend and Attack from. From as far as I can remember, people have just used the Standard "Max the Defense and HP". No one has actually used Suicune's base 85 Speed to its own advantage. There are a lot of threats to it that can use it as setup fodder, or, attack it while it's unable to outspeed it, Lucario, Electivire and Metagross are all good examples of that. Suicune can pick them all off if they switch in on a Calm Mind, or, a Life Orb boosted Surf.</p>

<p>This set is made to allow Suicune to take advantage of its sweeping potential. Surf and Ice Beam are the obvious damaging attacks here since, however, their coverage is limted to pure Water types, Slowbro and Emploeon. Hidden Power Electric can go in Ice Beam's slot if you really fear those Pokemon. Shadow Ball nails Deoxys-E, Cresselia, Shedinja and Slowbro while hitting other Waters for neutral. The item choice is up to you, a Life Orb would provide some extra power if you don't think you'll be able to stock up on Calm Minds easily. Leftovers would provide a nice source of recovery if you want Suicune to stay in play longer.</p>

<p>The EVs are designed to exploit Suicune's Speed and defensive capibilities. The Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Adamant, max speed Electivire and 2KO with a +1 Surf, with a Life Orb and an extra 2% from some type of support (whether it's from Spikes, Burn, Poison, Stealth Rock, it doesn't matter, you just need an extra 2% damage on it) you have a guaranteed 2KO on Electivire with an unboosted Surf. The HP EVs allow Suicune to hit a 368 HP, allowing for maximum Leftovers recovery, if you're using a Life Orb, you throw those HP EVs into Special Attack and/or Defense. The rest of the EVs go to Defense so Suicune can still take a hit from both sides of the attacking spectrum.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Tailwind can go anywhere besides Calm Mind if you want to ease up on the Speed EVs and support your team, however, it lasts for 3 turns so, you'd be wasting a turn speeding yourself up, again and again and again. Rest works well with Life Orb if your setting up on something like Blissey, or, if you just want to heal Suicune up when you get the chance to use it. Hidden Power Bug can hit Celebi and Slowbro hard when they try to switch in. Hidden Power Fire can hit Foretress and Celebi if they decide to come in.</p>
I just skimmed through it. I'm sure I missed some. You might want to proof read it before posting. You also forgot to add a link to the analysis.

didnt someone already do an analysis on this?

I believe Wayff or CIM did.

Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric
Calm Mind
Surf

Is the best set. Shadow Ball is useless. 216 Speed, 252 SpA, 40 HP should be the spread:/
Honestly, I didn't see one when I searched it before typing this :/.

evs are pretty counterproductive with life orb and you should use both hp electric and ice beam
Yeah, I'll add that.

I just skimmed through it. I'm sure I missed some. You might want to proof read it before posting. You also forgot to add a link to the analysis.
Yeah, I wasn't able to proof read it since I accidentally hit "Submit Thread" instead of "Preveiw Post". I made the corrections where needed.

I did post it this set. I really think Suicune needs some SpA EVs. I mean in the main set, not in the set comments. It also should have a mention of Hydro Pump, being able to do serve damage to Magnzone.

Also, what the hell do you need Shadow Ball for?

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This post is for Aldaron's and Jrrrrrrr's purposes ...

Delete; we have an offensive Suicune listed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)