DP Weezing

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Explosion should kinda be an option over Pain Split in the same way Selfdestruct is an option over Rest on Snorlax.

Heracross didn't get any improvements in hitting Weezing. Well, other than Stone Edge and MoP's popularization of Flame Orb over Life Orb SDHera.

Not a bad edit, by the way.

Flamethrower is the main choice in here as with the EV spread suggested Heracross is 2HKO'd and also helps destroy Swords Dance Lucario.
This is kinda awkward. I think an "it" between "and" and "also" would fit.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why 252 HP / 192 Sp. Defense / 60 Sp. Attack now?
Good question. And that should be Defense, I'll re-edit that if that was my mistake. Anyways, it was to maximize the effect of Pain Split... but I really don't see how it's really doing that. I think I'll re-swap those stats again with 192 HP / 252 Def.

Mekkah said:
This is kinda awkward. I think an "it" between "and" and "also" would fit.
Alright, adding.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Unless anyone else has something to add (or anything else to point out) this Peer Edit is complete and ready. I decided not to put in Explosion over Pain Split because you could always Pain Split on walls like Blissey and then switch out. Complicated to explain, but just kept it as is.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Umm, I don't really like the EV spread. Why should I choose a spread that will let me gain *slightly* more HP from Pain Split, but lose out on the extra HP Weezing needs to wall physical attacks? Weezing has Base 80 HP but a Base 120 Defense, so I think it needs all the HP it can get, just like Spiritomb. But if you want to keep that spread, at least change it for the Rest-Talk set, where Pain Split is absent.

Sludge Bomb is a great move on Weezing also. With just Flamethrower/ Tbolt, or Flamethrower/ HP Ice, you have to choose whether you want Gyarados or Subchomp to rape you. Sludge Bomb allows you to handle both of those decently, is your most powerful attack, and has that decent 30% poison rate. If it is not given as an option on the main sets, it should at least not have such a negative description in Other Options.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
The reason to have that HP spread was outlined for maximum recovery. You're seriously not losing out on... 60 EVs. Thats exactly 12 HP lost just to maximize Leftovers. As outlined you should always practice with the the 60 Special Attack EVs suggested, and as long as you max attack the loss of taking hits shouldn't be affected much at all. And I've perfectly outlined in the EV section that the Defense and HP EVs can be easily swapped around.

Alright... how does Sludge Bomb even handle SubChomp to begin with when it resists it? Sludge Bomb, sorry to say, is a horrible STAB option to begin with whereas Flamethrower and at least either Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Ice is superior in most ways. I guess I can argue that Sludge Bomb wouldn't be HORRIBLE if we're considering Gyarados, but against Garchomp that's a different story. That's why I gave it a negative description in the first place (that and no one has really used it on Weezing in D/P at least). If however you could justify that it hit Physical Salamence and Gyarados, then I don't see why it should have a negative description then. I'll fix the description for now, but the EV change will be something that should be discussed more I guess if its a huge problem.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this post is for jrrrrrrr's and Aldaron's purposes...

delete this thread was going no where and the site has the OP's sets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)