DPP Analyses

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Forry is up.... also I would like to expand Latias's Wish Support set, not QC updating-wise but content-wise, it is really lacking for content with two really short paragraphs.

EDIT: jesus I cannot do Bronzong for my life, I've been trying but I just don't know enough about it. giving it up. i'll write up skarmory soon.

Someone really needs to do Bronzong before I have a seizure. I think it should be a priority. The EVs are not only outdated and unfocused, or too specific, but Rain Dance and Trick Room do not deserve sets. They belong in other options or in the additional comments of the standard tank set.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think Tyranitar's analysis could use a serious revamp because it's not really updated to today's metagame:

Scarf: I think it's fine as it is
Band: Fine too but it should probably be the third set
DD: Shuca needs a mention (probably even first slashed) and the moves should be changed. It should probably be SE or Crunch / EQ / Ice Punch or Fire Punch or Crunch. Also should be the second set
Lure: that and Mixed should be only 1 set. Also needs to mention Lum which is a neat Rotom trapper and can absorb sleep from a Breloom or whatever
Boah: lol
Curse: not very good in "new" dpp. Too many Fighting types that can beat it even after a few boosts, even though it's pretty easy for it to set up. I think it should be dropped and given a OO mention

the only set I think needs to be rewritten is DD, which I can do. the rest can use a scms edit...!

I think Tyranitar's analysis could use a serious revamp because it's not really updated to today's metagame:

Scarf: I think it's fine as it is
Band: Fine too but it should probably be the third set
DD: Shuca needs a mention (probably even first slashed) and the moves should be changed. It should probably be SE or Crunch / EQ / Ice Punch or Fire Punch or Crunch. Also should be the second set
Lure: that and Mixed should be only 1 set. Also needs to mention Lum which is a neat Rotom trapper and can absorb sleep from a Breloom or whatever
Boah: lol
Curse: not very good in "new" dpp. Too many Fighting types that can beat it even after a few boosts, even though it's pretty easy for it to set up. I think it should be dropped and given a OO mention

the only set I think needs to be rewritten is DD, which I can do. the rest can use a scms edit...!

Band's definitely no pushover and it's still good as the second set. I agree with merging the Lure and Mixed sets. Curse should be dropped, but I think Boah/SubPunch could still be useful. Of course, I haven't used it recently (been meaning to though, when I stop being lazy), but I might look into it. Needs support to make sure you don't give free turns to the opponent though. With a moveslot given to Substitute and no boosts of any kind, you're running into coverage issues. It's mainly to throw the opponent off (but I'd rather do that by hitting them with an overpowered Banded attack to be honest).

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I don't think boah is very effective because you'll always miss a move you want vs stall teams which is what it's mainly effective against. Once you Sub, you give your opponent a very clear warning of what your set is (considering no other Tyranitar use Sub) which means they can switch to an answer right away. Mixed sets with Superpower don't have that issue because they don't have to sub before they can use their Fighting attack, which is highly important for breaking stall. You'll also encounter heavy coverage issues because you'll always dedicate 3 of your moveslots to Focus Punch, Crunch or Dark Pulse, and Substitute. Without Ice Beam, you can't do much to bulky Grounds such as Hippowdon or Gliscor that just recover any damage your Dark STAB does, and without a Fire attack, Steels like Skarmory will just take full advantage of you by setting up multiple layers of hazards. Mixed sets with Superpower don't have that issue since they have access to all of their moveslots and are less predictable than BOAH. I just feel like the subpunch sets are completely outclassed and not worth using over mixed sets in DPP, which is why it should be dropped.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Since it doesn't have one already (I was in shock when I figured this out), I will be reserving TTar in DPP Ubers.

Edit: Reading the OP is a blessing people lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Muk

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
so since evasion based abilities are banned will that mean Frosslass will have to get an UBER analysis as well as all the others with only one ability that break this rule?

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seems like Clefable should have an OU analysis based on its recent popularity in SPL, especially since Knock Off only gets a quick OO mention in its UU analysis.

Not sure if this is the right place but I was looking at Rotom and all of the formes have the exact same analyses. It doesn't make much sense that they all share the same analyses, with moves from other formes, when they have their own pages. I know that I can't have Hydro Pump on Rotom-Heat, for example, but an inexperienced user looking at these analyses would find it confusing.

dom

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is the right place but I was looking at Rotom and all of the formes have the exact same analyses. It doesn't make much sense that they all share the same analyses, with moves from other formes, when they have their own pages. I know that I can't have Hydro Pump on Rotom-Heat, for example, but an inexperienced user looking at these analyses would find it confusing.
Are you aware that all the rotom forms are almost the same pokemon in dpp? All of the forms share the same typing of electric ghost, so they're really not that different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)