DPP Diglett (LC Analysis)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EVs need to be fixed to fit the HP IVs (It can't have that HP Point), as does the nature (Hasty). Adamant should be a secondary option that can only be used effectively with Choice Scarf.

Thank you for the comments everyone! The Lead set is complete; I hope that someone will proofread that! I'll work on the " Non-Choice Revenge Killer " during the next few days.

@ Jumpluff : ありがとう! I don't think that you need to put accented Es in the word "Pokemon"...but if you want me to I'll do it tomorrow. I'm too lazy/sleepy now! :D

@ Heysup : Eh?

It's not too complicated....but if you don't quite understand, I'll explain it here.

When you give a Pokemon "Hidden Power X", your Pokemon's IVs get changed. This means if you have an attack IV of 30, you need to add 4 more EVs to get the extra Attack Point.

In Diglett's case, you are using Hidden Power Ice, so that lowers Diglett's Attack IVs to 30, making you need to use 240 EVs to get the extra point. Unfortunately, that means you lose the EVs needed to get an extra HP.

So the Diglett EVs need to be 240 Atk / 236 Spe.

For the nature, you need to not have a -SpA nature since you use Hidden Power Ice, so Hasty needs to be the main option.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
@ Jumpluff : ありがとう! I don't think that you need to put accented Es in the word "Pokemon"...but if you want me to I'll do it tomorrow. I'm too lazy/sleepy now! :D
According to the grammar standards, you don't need to worry Erodent; breathe a sigh of relief. =P

<p>The last moveslot has three interesting options. Although Pursuit can seem odd because of Diglett's Arena Trap ability, it can OHKO Levitating Ghost-types that can otherwise flee from Diglett's wrath, such as Gastly and Misdreavus. Shadow Claw is an alternative to hit the aforementioned Ghost-types harder. A primary reason to use Shadow Claw over Sucker Punch is because Sucker Punch can certainly be unreliable at times, especially if you are doing battle with a Pokemon such as Substitute + Calm Mind Mismagius. Finally, Rock Slide can also be used; it provides excellent coverage alongside Earthquake, hitting most nasty Flying-types that resist Earthquake for super effective damage. Examples of these include Mantyke and Taillow, although the latter can be dealt with Sucker Punch if it is weakened by its Flame Orb or Toxic Orb recoil damage.</p>
Should be "Misdreavus".

Sorry for my inactivity guys; school has been busy! I finally finished this though, so full proofread(s) are appreciated!

@ Heysup: Oh, I finally understand. Thank you sir!

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, others! I seem to be confused with tiers here :(

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sets could do with re-ordering, from the most recent stats (though they are not very recent): http://cap.smogon.com/ShoddyStats/2009-05/CAP-200905-Details-Little Cup.html
Sash has over 84% of all use, Scarf with 7% and all others not enough to be shown. Also roughly 1/3 of Digletts were used as leads.

I would advise pretty much the reverse of the order you have now, with Choice Revenger Killer last and lead first (or possibly second).

Pursuit should be moved to OO, its quite situational and not a move you want to be trapped in at all. Its just free setup for Croagunk, Gligar, Houndour, ect...

Focus Sash should be the main item on non choice revenge killer, the loss of power is worth getting to attack twice almost every game and the stats back this change up (LO was too low to get into them). Some parts of the comments will need changes to reflect this. Also, remove Night Slash from this set as diggy can;t learn it.

OO could mention SR as a possible on non lead diggy, and HP Ice on lead diggy. They are not the most commonly used combinations, but can work reasonably well.

Not going to do detailed suggestions for the comments, but they look pretty good overall, other than maybe the Opinion which could do with more substance. Diggy is a Pokemon that moulds much of the LC metagame, and one of the three 20 speeders, but it does not have much raw power at all. Sure you can find more things to talk about.

Gligar and missy should be mentioned in Counters, Gligar is the reason most carry HP Ice but its still missing from most lead sets. SubMissy (or gastly) is a brilliant counter to any set lacking Shadow Claw, or to a lesser extent Rock Slide/Pursuit. I think Duskull works well to with W-o-W, not sure but I think it could take a single SC. sbc suggested Mantyke for counters, that works well. Staryu can handle a EQ and easily 1KO back. Porygon can trace you and KO with Ice Beam, but will not like two STAB EQs in the face. Paras is good against most varients, as is Shroomish and Bulbasaur. They are hurt by HP Ice or EQ but not too badly.

Maybe worth mentioning in team options that keeping SR off your side of the field (either with a anti SR lead or spinning) will really help Diggy, especially if you run Sash.

[SET]
name: Non-Choice Revenge Killer
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Substitute / Rock Slide / Night Slash
item: Life Orb
ability: Arena Trap
nature: Hasty
evs: 240 Atk / 236 Spe

Just a couple things, starting with this set. Diglett can't learn Night Slash, so I think you meant to put Shadow Claw in this slot. I also think tht Shadow Claw should be the first option due to this Diglett's main advantage over the Lead and other Digletts being it has room for a 4th move to deal with Missy more reliably.

I also think that you need to slash Focus Sash and Stealth Rock into this set, as it is quite common. If it gets too cluttered, then I'd even split them up into two sets (Life Orb, and Focus Sash).

For the lead, Sucker Punch needs to be the first option. Losing against all other digletts, Houndour, Swinub, Phanpy, Buneary, hell even Chimchar, is not a good thing, far worse then giving Missy a free Sub. Missy with a Substitute is Dangerous, but simply putting "have Munchlax, Stunky, or any other Missy counter to go with Diglett". Shadow Claw is a decent option at best, as it strays away from getting you that very key early game advantage.

Thank you very much Heysup and eric the espeon, I've edited both of your changes into the sets!

The order of sets is now Lead--> Non-Choice Revenge Killer --> Choice Revenge Killer.

(A spelling/grammar check would be appreciated too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)