1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

DPP Empoleon

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by RainDance, Apr 5, 2009.

1. RainDance

RainDance

[​IMG]
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/empoleon

[SET]
    name: Lead Empoleon
    move 1: Surf
    move 2: Grass Knot/ Ice Beam/ Hidden Power [Electric]
    move 3: Stealth Rocks
    move 4: Roar
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Torrent
    nature: Calm
    evs: 252 HP/ 6 Spe/ 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Alright he does make a good lead because surf is to get rid of some of the most come leads like infernape, and heatran. Grass knot is to get rid of one lead pokemon that wall a lot of teams now a days due to the fact they don't have any grass type coverage. That pokemon is swampert and this is also used to eat at vaporeon as well. Stealth rocks is needed in mostly every team now this prevents free switches on pokes that have low hp and pokes that have a 2x and more weakness. Roar is to stall in my say but help SR eat at most pokes.</p>

<p> Alright now ice beam is mostly their for lead dragons but I've seen some on shoddy pretty odd but it saves me from letting them set up. Also I keep this for yanmega's and togekiss's mostly. I still find this effective for freezeHax with my luck I always get it. Also hp [Electric] is there for gyradoses to stop them from setting up and getting the kill, this I don't use a lot but I find it usefull also it's good on vapoereon.</p>

<p> Alright the ev's might seem wierd on the first glance but they won't now. I put 252 hp more more bulkyness on this guy also with 252 special defense to compete with swampert so I don't die by it's earthquake. 6 speed to out speed swampert and to go for the kill with grass knot before it can earthquake me. It also helps me to out speed porygon2, and weezing that try to thunderbolt, but surf and grass knot helps me to get rid of them.</p>

<p> I find him an all around good lead with his good defenses he can live super effective moves and with his good resistances from most moves I can switch him in as a move absorber but he gets the job done as a lead, and I think he should be used with this set. This will also keep him in OU and add more effective leads to the current metagame.</p>
  2. Veedrock

Veedrock

Set comments are not meant to describe how you made the set.

Infernape has Close Combat.

Are you serious?

This is a bad writeup and the set could be better too. I could have sworn there was a lead Empoleon set posted somewhere in C&C.

This is inappropriate but inb4mindlessgrammarchecks.
  3. Caelum

Caelum qibz official stalker
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This isn't a very good write up from a prose perspective. More importantly though, this is a set currently in the analysis.

[SET]
    name: Defensive Penguin
    move 1: Surf
    move 2: Grass Knot
    move 3: Ice Beam / Stealth Rock
    move 4: Roar / Yawn / Knock Off
    item: Leftovers
    nature: Calm
    evs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe

The set simply isn't different enough or stands out on its own enough to be considered for its own set.
  4. Hazerider

Hazerider

man special defense evs to survive earthquake

how have I never thought about that before, after all these times swampert killed my skarmory with it
  5. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

well why else did you think people pumped evs into steelix's sdef?
  6. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

because they're good on umbreon!
  7. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I thought Metagross was the most come lead?????
  8. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

<p>Alright now youre either insane or stupid. Also I think youre both.</p>
  9. diinbong

diinbong *it's in you to give*
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'm currently not sold on this set, as most lead Weezing and Togekiss usually go straight for the Rollout and Defog, respectively. Maybe delegate some EVs into SpA to ensure the OHKO on Swampert? I would also recommend Stealth Rock and Aqua Jet on a leading set to pick off Sash users etc. Also this should be in C&C. Try remembering to capatilize Pokemons' names next time 'round. Good luck!
  10. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

<p>Alright he does surf to get rid of some pokemon that wall a lot of teams due to the fact they eat. Stealth is needed now to eat most pokes.</p>

<p> Alright ice is pretty but it saves me from Hax with my luck I always get it. Also kill vapoereon.</p>

<p> Alright more more bulkyness so I don't die by earthquake. Go for the kill to try to help me get rid of them.</p>

<p> I find his defenses super effective as he gets the job done and I think he should be OU.</p>
  11. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this and above post = gold
  12. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

NOT ALRIGHT
  13. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Step off, this is the ONLY set I run:

[​IMG]
    [SET]
    name: Pimpoleon
    move 1: Double Slap
    move 2: Pay Day
    move 3: Swagger
    move 4: Fly
    item: Amulet Coin
    ability: Hustle
    nature: Bold/Rash
    evs: 252 SpA/ 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Aight, this is the straight-up O.G. pokemon. He's street-wise and street tough. He's got the right look and all the right moves. Double Slap is for smacking around Blissey when the bitch tries to hold out on my boy. Homie don't play that... Second slot is because this pimp is all about the Benjamins. The man's gots to gets paid! Swagger is for all the punks and shorties to know who's the baddest muthafucka on the block. And Fly is because he's lookin nothin but fly -- in his stylin tux jacket, his puffy afro, big pimpin sunglasses, and bling around the neck.</p>

<p>Amulet Coin is the only thing this bad boy will hold. Leftovers are for pussies that don't know how to eat in style. Hustle isn't just an ability, it's a way of life. Like the song says, "It's hard out here for a pimp..." EV's are set because everybody knows it's special. Most people would say Pimpoleon is Bold. But, it's been known to be Rash, when smackin' the hoes. "Take that, bitches!" </p>

<p>General strategy is to let other pokemon scout for trouble. If it's all good, then big poppa comes out and takes care of bizness. Although he's a water type, Pimpoleon will almost always switch out at the first sign of heat. In the end, this mack daddy is a lover, not a fighter.</p>
  14. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

i REALLY want to come to houston and meet you, doug.
  15. TAY

TAY You and I Know
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Doug when I turn 21 in seven months I'm gonna drive down to Texas and buy you a beer
  16. Tangerine

Tangerine Where the Lights Are
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

don't do it darkie! We all know what happened last time someone traveled to meet another user...

I guess TAY just doesn't learn..
  17. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

That is the single greatest post I have read in a long time, Doug.

Pimpoleon ... who would've guessed?
  18. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Oh god, post of the year fo' sho'
  19. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Excellent.

Though if anything, Taunt needs to be slashed with Swagger since it can provoke fights that Pimpoleon will always win.
  20. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

doug's post is so good in so many ways
  21. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Lol how the fuck did i miss that post, <3 Doug.

PS - Its my avatar now ^_^

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)