DPP Grand Slam (Round 2 Finished)

The Smogon Grand Slam was created during the fifth generation (BW). This means that DPP lower tiers were never featured in a Grand Slam. This will be the closest recreation possible to a hypothetical DPP Grand Slam that can be done at this time.

This will be a best-of-five single elimination tournament with Ubers, UU, NU, PU, and LC (All in DPP).

Why include PU, you may ask? The modern (and initial) Smogon Grand Slam have (had) Ubers, the three tiers below OU, and LC. In the case of DPP, these three tiers are UU, NU, and PU, rather than UU, RU, and NU. This is because there is no DPP RU tier (RU was created during BW).

This tournament counts as Type B for Smogon Championship. The point distributions for a Type B tournament are as follows:

The tier lists being used are those on Pokémon Showdown's teambuilder and here.

Ubers will be challenged in [Gen 4] Ubers, UU will be challenged in [Gen 4] UU, NU and PU will be challenged in [Gen 4] NU, and LC will be challenged in [Gen 4] LC. Replays are required or else the games will not be counted (no exceptions).

Round 2 is finished.

Matchups:
TSR v. Stan Soojung
Plas v. Finchinator
Heysup
v. The Kyle
Nails v. Kushalos
Mikaav v. InfernoMonferno
The Real Elmo v. checkoutmymixedape
MiyoKa
v. HSOWA
byronthewellwell v. Bedschibaer
Mysterious M v. Fakes
fatty v. Jqded
Ninjadog~ v. Arii Stella
Rodriblutar v. UnderGarment
Ranshiin v. zugubu royale
Flares. v. tjdaas
Melle2402 v. Bughouse
Marshall.Law v. Acsel
H.M.N.I.P v. Staraptor
(Leo v. 6A9 Ace Matador) v. DurzaOffTopic
osgoode v. hyperbeem
LordST v. pinktidal
AM v. Arifeen
PokeTCG gamer1288 v. LL
Fleurer v. Bowlii-
Many v. Akashi

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Tags didn't work for me, just an fyi if people had the same issue, but I contacted Arifeen on Discord.

Edit: Saturday

Last edited:

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
[21:01:30] Fakkesi: mind postinh?
[21:01:37] Mysterious M: wtf
[21:01:43] Fakkesi: posting

Lost to fakes 3-1. Ggs!

The Real Elmo checkoutmymixedape
You played your NU and PU matches in UU. It was specifically stated in the OP to play NU and PU matches in NU. I will not be voiding the game as nothing against the rules was used, but please refrain from doing this or something similar in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)