DPP information / resource thread.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
The first place to look for any information should always be Smogon's DP page. If you can't find what you're looking for there, then look here.

Battle Simulators:

Shoddybattle
'The' DP simulator.

How to play DP-Bot
IRC bot simulator similar to the GSBots.

Dexes:

Veekun: This dex is most useful for finding out how Pokemon learn moves, as it includes event moves, breeding moves, and the like.

Serebii: This dex is just as good with the plus of including all the Platinum moves as well.

Damage Calculators:

Smogon's damage calculator - http://www.smogon.com/calc/
[thread=38011]CardsOfTheHeart's (Excel)[/thread]
[thread=15509]Mekkah's (mIRC)[/thread]
[thread=21084]Misty's (mIRC)[/thread]

Metalkids Gaming Resources:

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Default.aspx
Features online calculators for IVs, Hidden Power, and more. Also has a downloadable version.
[thread=23958]mIRC MK output converter[/thread]

Stats:

OmegaDonut's Excel stat chart. Helps to figure out the IVs of Pokemon and to come up with EVs. It has a Hidden Power calculator and the base stats of all the Pokemon.

[thread=39234]Hidden Power Legends IV/nature Combinations[/thread]

[thread=23310]Characteristics chart[/thread]

[thread=25324]Base Experience List[/thread]

[thread=39556]Base Stats Ratings[/thread], comparing defensive and attacking capabilities of Pokemon while also providing an overall rating of a Pokemon's Base Stats, with an accompanying applet.

Defense EVs Applet, providing the user with the optimum amount of HP, Def and SpD EVs for your Pokemon to maximize its defenses.

[thread=25863]Attack Tiers[/thread] and [thread=24931]Defense Tiers[/thread]: A crazy but evidently effective method of mass damage calculation.
[thread=33682]SkarmCents and BlissCents[/thread]

Cloning trick:

[thread=19692]Cloning[/thread]

Arceus Plates:

[thread=19820]Non-Underground Locations.[/thread]

Warmachine:

[thread=45074]The Warmachine[/thread] is an application designed to make formatting warstories faster and easier.

Have a nice day.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I got a little something to add.

It's an Excel stat chart that I made a couple of years ago to help me figure out the IVs of Pokemon and to come up with EVs. It has a Hidden Power calculator and the base stats of all the Pokemon - now including the DP Pokemon. I also just added a little tutorial to help you figure out the IVs of your newly-hatched Pokemon without needing so many Rare Candies.

Hope some of you put it to good use.

I got a little something to add.

It's an Excel stat chart that I made a couple of years ago to help me figure out the IVs of Pokemon and to come up with EVs. It has a Hidden Power calculator and the base stats of all the Pokemon - now including the DP Pokemon. I also just added a little tutorial to help you figure out the IVs of your newly-hatched Pokemon without needing so many Rare Candies.

Hope some of you put it to good use.
The calculator in MetalKid's program, for those who don't know about it, seems to be operating in the same way. It's also a bit easier to use, IMO, though that may vary depending on the person--and the program does have a bit of load time, so there's that, and he doesn't have the new Pokemon in there yet.

Anyway, thanks. As an importer, I'll definitely be using this for the next couple months while breeding some Gablias and whatnot, and already I've got dozens of penguins sitting around and had nothing to do with them except wait until a decent calculator like this came along.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've edited in the Damage Formula that Synesthetic posted a few weeks ago in the Trait Exploration and Clarification thread. It's pretty :algebra:, but it's very neat and well-explained, and reading it and attempting to commit even just one example to memory will do wonders for your on-the-fly calculations in the heat of battle.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A note on Accuracy and Evasion modifiers

Every Pokemon has two other hidden "stats", if you want to call them that: Accuracy and Evasion. These two stats also have stat modifiers between -6 and +6, and their default stat modifier value is 0, like for all the other stats. These two modifiers affect the move accuracy of moves in the following manner:

Accuracy Modifiers:

-6: 33.3% (3/9)
-5: 37.5% (3/8)
-4: 42.9% (3/7)
-3: 50% (3/6)
-2: 60% (3/5)
-1: 75% (3/4)
0: 100% (3/3)
+1: 133.3% (4/3)
+2: 166.7% (5/3)
+3: 200% (6/3)
+4: 233.3% (7/3)
+5: 266.6% (8/3)
+6: 300% (9/3)

The general formula is Accuracy Percentage = 300 / (3 - SM) % if SM is negative, and (SM + 3) * 100 / 3 % if SM is positive, where SM is the stat modifier.

For the Evasion percentage, it is the same as the accuracy percentage chart, except it's in reverse, so to speak:

Evasion Modifiers:

-6: 300% (9/3)
-5: 266.7% (8/3)
-4: 233.3% (7/3)
-3: 200% (6/3)
-2: 166.7% (5/3)
-1: 133.3% (4/3)
0: 100% (3/3)
+1: 75% (3/4)
+2: 60% (3/5)
+3: 50% (3/6)
+4: 42.9% (3/7)
+5: 37.5% (3/8)
+6: 33.3% (3/9)

For a formula, the Evasion Percentage = (3 - SM) * 100 / 3 % if SM is negative, and 300 / (SM + 3) % if SM is positive, where SM is the stat modifier.

Then, the move accuracy = (Normal Move Accuracy * User's Accuracy Percentage * Foe's Evasion Percentage) %. If this number is greater than or equal to 100%, the move will hit for certain.

For a small example, if you use Stone Edge and you have a +1 Accuracy modifier (assuming the foe has a normal evasion modifier), Stone Edge will hit 80 * 133.3% * 100% = 106.67% of the time, i.e. it will always hit.

Hope that sheds some light on accuracy and evasion modifiers.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Synesthetic said:
(((42 × BasePower × (Sp)Atk) ÷ 50 ÷ (Sp)Def) + 2) × TypeModifiers × STAB × (R ÷ 255)
In DP, this has changed so that the TypeModifiers multiplier is done last, even after the random number. This makes supereffective damage always even.

Also, it's a rather well-documented fact that the random value in RS has changed to a number from 85 to 100, and then divided by 100. I don't know for certain that it's this way also in DP, but I'd assume it is.

So now it's

(((42 × BasePower × (Sp)Atk) ÷ 50 ÷ (Sp)Def) + 2) × STAB × (R ÷ 100)× TypeModifiers

Of course, I remind that, in every division step, you need to round down the value. This must also be done in the STAB step, if it is 1.5.

For those in the UK Pokemon Pearl & Diamond are available to preorder from play.com (and I'm sure many other places) with a release date of June 1 2007 and a price of 24.99

X-Act

Here is another update to the D/P damage formula.

EDIT: This was false. Read the next few posts, please.

HOW TO CLONE!!!

1. Put the Pokemon you want to clone into your Party, from the BOX. If you already have it in the party, put them into the BOX, save, and take the Pokemon out.

2. Save your game. Then, when you boot up your DS (Lite), change the hour by an amount (30 Min, 60 Min, so on).

3. Reload the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl save.

4. The team should be of the current save file, but the BOX should be of the previous file.

I've had a friend test this before, he said it doesn't work. although he did find a way to clone pokemon via Wi-fi, but he said it's very risky. I'll get back to you on how it works later.

X-Act

Okay guys, I'm sorry, but last time, when I posted about the STAB thing that multiplies the move power by 1.5, I was wrong.

I was right about one thing though: STAB did change.

(((2 + floor(Level × 2 ÷ 5) × BasePower × (Sp)Atk) ÷ 50 ÷ (Sp)Def) + 2) × (R ÷ 100) × STAB × TypeModifiers

The multiplier is there now. In D/P, the formula first generates the random number, then multiplies for STAB, then checks for type modifiers, in that order.

I apologize for the confusion, but I'm 100% sure this is correct now. I spent 2 days looking at literally hundreds of numbers on an Excel sheet, and I'm sure this is correct. I'll show you the numbers on a separate thread later.

I'd like to see how you did that. Did you plug numbers in incessantly from that spread sheet, or what?

X-Act

Just a clarification on the TypeModifiers step.

Suppose a Pokemon's type is Water/Ice, and is hit by a Steel move. The damage will be calculated normally, then, at the last step, it is divided by 2 and is rounded down (since Water resists Steel), and then multiplied by 2 (since Ice is weak to Steel) to give the final damage. This results in damage that is always even. We knew this already.

Now, if the Pokemon's type is Ice/Water, and is hit by a Steel move, the damage will be multiplied by 2 at the final step, and then divided by 2. This results in damage that is not always even.

So the damage formula can be refined still further:

(((2 + floor(Level × 2 ÷ 5) × BasePower × (Sp)Atk) ÷ 50 ÷ (Sp)Def) + 2) × (R ÷ 100) × STAB × Type1Effectiveness × Type2Effectiveness

Just a clarification on the TypeModifiers step.

Suppose a Pokemon's type is Water/Ice, and is hit by a Steel move. The damage will be calculated normally, then, at the last step, it is divided by 2 and is rounded down (since Water resists Steel), and then multiplied by 2 (since Ice is weak to Steel) to give the final damage. This results in damage that is always even. We knew this already.

Now, if the Pokemon's type is Ice/Water, and is hit by a Steel move, the damage will be multiplied by 2 at the final step, and then divided by 2. This results in damage that is not always even.

So the damage formula can be refined still further:

(((2 + floor(Level × 2 ÷ 5) × BasePower × (Sp)Atk) ÷ 50 ÷ (Sp)Def) + 2) × (R ÷ 100) × STAB × Type1Effectiveness × Type2Effectiveness
What exactly is "floor"? I can't figure out what goes there....

X-Act

Also, the floor function must be applied after every operator returns a value that is not a whole number, not just there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)