[DPP OU] Infinite

Good evening, and happy Easter to all. I haven't builded any competitive team since 2009 so forgive me about "beginner" errors. This team is quite different from the mainstream, because of "baiting" concept that involves the use of under-used moves/objects to surprise the opponent, using a pokèmon with the role of the bait to damage/kill the opposite pokè surprisily. That got me to this:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- ThunderPunch

Atipic lead, resists Azelf OHKOing him and goes again Magnezone in predict with U-Turn; Iron Head with Serene Grace has Flinch on 60% so is extremely dangerous. Scarf to switch immediately and eventually trick it. EVs spread quite standard. TPunch for bulky water except obviously Swampert, who is in fact erased by others.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Electric]

First sweeper of the list, everywhere known as devasting, scarfed trembles half tier, and in predict then is simply enjoyable to use. The set and the EVs spread is pretty standard though, except the hp electric being able to OHKOing adamant gyara (baiting).

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Brick Break

Besides than offering incredible sinergy with the first two, Scizor in prediction dances and already with the BPunch makes huge damage, until a brickbreak preferred to superpower because of the dance above, that makes the malus unnecessary, to finish then with Quick Attack to check Gyara, Starmie, Zapdos and other ones.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Moonlight
- Icy Wind
- Psychic

Even now I remember when I went years ago against too many Cresselias in battles, when she made me manifest all my disagreement towards Catholic Church. I just can't resist from insert her in the team now, even if not CMinder, with Moonlight resists too much (even with sand), where an Icy Wind has been inserted mostly against the dragons and because of the lack of her speed (who mentioned Dragonite?).

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Only few are seen, but Bulky work, rather! I sacrifice the ridicolous offensive power of him to exploit in defence of pokè like Heatran and Scizor, who are in the team. Only Breloom annoys him, but for that the incinerator is ready... Same for Celebi, while Porygon2 is just never seen (and could be interesting to try...). Payback to 2HKOing Celebi, OHKOing in predict people like Rotom-W and Starmie. There isn't Taunt, (maybe) I'll miss it. Or not.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

He is the playmaker on which I reflected about the other five. It's simply a Xavi of the football, a Rondo of the basket, a league top player. He resists quite everything, being always on the ground many rounds, and is extraordinarily sinergic with the other elements of the team: he's attracted by Ground moves to Heatran, and he lures Skarmory, Forretress and other Steels who are incinerated by the same Tran; Scizor with his U-Turn discovers the opposite team and, for our playmaker, it's just done.

PS: Don't attack me, I have to say it's been a long time since i made my last battle (2009).
PPS: Sorry for my english, I'm Italian and here your language isn't studied at all (or,at least, it's studied at school, but in an awful way...).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)