1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 4 DPP OU Ladder on Pokemon Showdown!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by sandshrewz, Apr 25, 2013.

1. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The DPP OU ladder on PS! just got added. Be sure to head down to PS! and play a couple of matches :P the ladder isn't too dead~ Hopefully it'll get out of Beta ladder in future soon :)
  2. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Gotta say it was a perfect time to add it too.
  3. Masterclass

Masterclass

I've seen Heatrans with air balloons. please fix this.
  4. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

plus someone's forretress had a red card. i think i'll stick with po until this is out of beta...still thanks for taking the effort to initiate this massive undertaking to whoever actually had the initiative, because this could be awesome once all the bugs are resolved if the good players start laddering here again
  5. Tory

Tory

I did a search for "DDP Showndown" first to make sure it was made. I was going to make it. Anyone excited about DDP back on the Smogon server? How is everyone doing? My internet marketing and web development carrer is going good.

All links are ShoddyBattle & Smogon server related:

The team I killed Arkeis/aragornbird with: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84995
    Disscusion about Garchomp being Über: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95353
    6-0 a team with 1 Pokemon (Dragonite): http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95411

I would post some war stories from PokeCosmo, but that site got hacked and deleted.
  6. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

7. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Holy shit DPP is back!!!! If you guys could bring UU back too, that would be great. =P
  8. Rohail

Rohail Vaporeon <3
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I never played much of 4th Gen (just a little but of Ubers) and it turns out, I love DPP OU!
    Thanks guys for installing this, hoping it gets out of beta soon.
  9. Magolor

Magolor

Yeah, I'm quite happy about this. I was hoping that PS would eventually get past gen support so I don't have to use PO any more.

But yeah, is there any plans for UU or Ubers? Just curious.
  10. HUARGH

HUARGH

What's 'PO'?
  11. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

Only we need ppl who want to play in the DPP Ladder, ofc.
  12. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

This attitude is why we didn't have the ladder up sooner (it's been available as a challenge option for over a year iirc). If people were actually willing to play it and bug test, this would have happened already.
  13. tml

tml

Any chance for Gen 4 sprites as well? Seeing as they are far superior
  14. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think this is going to happen iirc.

Btw if you find any bugs do report them here so we can get DPP completed as soon as possible once every bug is weeded out :) Known bugs are Pursuit doesn't prevent you from changing your switch when your switch-out is KOed. Trick also not working like it does in DPP as seen here.
  15. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

Just posting to say a DPP UU ladder has been made recently as well if you didn't know yet! :)
  16. Nou

Nou

Is the DP UU ladder functioning properly?
  17. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Yes, the DPP UU Ladder has had its banlists corrected. iirc Trick bug has been solved too, we are working to have this ladder as perfect as possible.
  18. bygbyrd

bygbyrd

Any ideas on how we can increase the amount of people on the ladder ? Maybe a mini tourny or something. It's not totally dead but no one stays on long enough for any real laddering. I couldn't even muster up 8 people to play a toury (althought spamming lobbychat with bold isn't very reliable).

Im so glad this was added to PS! Thanks to all that made it happen; I've enjoyed it a lot. I haven't caught any bug as of yet, either!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)