DPP OU Retirement (for now)

Since I've finally been eliminated from the dpp ou tournament, I have decided to retire this great team of mine as well as retire from dpp ou. This is a team that I've had for a very long time; the first version was made either just before or just after bw came out, I can't remember. After taking a long break from pokemon, like 10 months or something (school, soccer, friends, etc) I decided to revamp this team and use it for the dpp tourn. This team is very effective in this metagame despite being an extremely offensive team. The ladder is very close to dead now on both the PO/SU servers obviously, but I was still able to make top 50 with several alts within the past ~3 months or so with various versions of this team, if that means anything. Yes, this is one of my better teams, but that's not what sets this team apart from others in my eyes; it is the fact that this team is so fun to use. It is fast-paced and it's also very easy to play with compared to other offensive teams I think. It also, of course, features some really neat and underrated sets which is always a good thing, especially for tournaments. Enjoy!

Team building for those who care:

When I started thinking about this team, the very first thing I thought of was colbur azelf lead + scarftar, but I very soon realized that weavile would be a better choice, as it does not have to be choice locked, and sandstorm would hurt this offensive team. Plus, I wanted this team to be fun, and scarftar is boring as shit.

+

At this point I am not quite thinking types yet. Thinking about strategy, I realize that weavile is an excellent lure for steels, which makes them easy to trap early in the game. After adding magnezone, I figured dragonite would be a logical partner.

The last two spots was what I really had to think about. I knew that the first 4 guys that I chose were sort of strategy based only, and I still needed a solid check for a lot of stuff. I picked suicune for this, as it can keep the offensive pressure going while also checking pretty much everything. With one spot left, I couldn't think of a good choice after a lot of thinking, so I went with superachi for another steel and some variety. Grass Knot was good for taking out swampert, which I thought would be a pain to get rid of.

TEAM VERSION 1:

This was a good looking team, but there were still a few problems. Blissey was a pain because zone could never explode on her (lol?), and so was a lot of defensive pokemon like celebi and vaporeon. Scizor's u-turns were killing me because zone couldn't trap him. Also, fighting types were such a bitch at times, especially mixape. Superachi is fun to use, but I needed something better. I made a list of the weaknesses of this team, and I found that heatran with a chople berry and sub+explosion would be a really cool filler mon to help with the weaknesses. I tried him out, and worked really well, so I kept him. I also changed explosion to magnet rise on magnezone because I could never seem to explode on anything before dying. Heatran's spread got changed around, and fire blast was changed to flamethrower. Azelf's EVs got changed and heatran went to modest, and voila, the team was done.

CURRENT:

---

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP / 228 SDef / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Explosion

This is an excellent lead for an offensive team, especially in the current metagame (or how it was left). Azelf can almost always give me early momentum. If I'm not really sure what to do, or against attacking leads that can't be pursuited, I'll get stealth rock up first and usually live the oncoming attack. If the pokemon is skarmory, forretress, roserade, swampert, etc. then I'll taunt of course. Colbur Berry allows me to stay in safely against forretress/machamp/tyranitar mainly. U-turn is a great move on azelf, which most people have figured out by now. I will often get SR up having my opponent think I will explode next turn, only to have me u-turn their ghost/steel as I go to trap them. Azelf lures trappable stuff which is very necessary for this team. Whenever I see a blissey, I will almost always switch azelf in to see if it has thunder wave, and if it doesn't, then I can be more confident switching in other guys to kill it (assuming I do not choose to explode with azelf). Azelf is great for death fodder. If I don't like something, I just switch in azelf who is faster than most stuff, and I explode or just let it die for a free switch in. The EVs may seem weird but they're really not. The speed EVs beat timid gengar and below, as in everything that azelf normally beats accept other base 115. I do this so that I can get the slower u-turn on starmie and azelf to pursuit them. The SpD EVs are enough for any special attack and most heatrans. The rest is dumped into HP to take u-turns and stuff. I don't need attack EVs for explosion and u-turn since explosion does plenty already, and u-turn doesn't need to do a lot of damage. Honestly the only lead that I lose to is CB azelf which has only recently become slightly popular. Azelf has been on the team since the beginning, and so has the next member as well...

---

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SDef / 184 Spd
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Night Slash

Weavile is extremely underrated, and he's probably my favorite mon on this team. When people talk about dpp ou weavile, there seems to be mixed opinions. A lot of people think weavile just isn't very strong, which is understandable, but then again a lot of people don't know how to use him. Besides trapping starmie/azelf at the beginning of the game and rotom-a/gengar a little later, Weavile is used early game to lure any steels the opponent might have. If there is a skarmory, forretress, bronzong, or scizor, you know it's coming out. Once the main steel counter is gone, weavile is usually good to sweep late in the game, if I was able to keep him alive. Life Orb is so much better than CB because the loss in power is not bad at all, and being able to switch moves allows me to finish off teams as well as not get set up on by deadly things like dd nite if I was locked into low kick, for example. I'd like to know why ice punch is the first option in the last slot over night slash, because ice shard kills dragonite/flygon already and does tons to gliscor, and night slash allows me to kill starmie/gengar/offensive rotom/etc. when they stay in thinking I'm going to pursuit, which is like, the whole point of weavile. It has also gotten me out of sticky situations with the high chance of a critical hit. EV wise, I have to disagree with the weavile analysis once again: 216 spe doesn't make sense when ice shard easily OHKOes sceptile and dugtrio. 184 spe is enough to beat scarftar as well as stuff that beats scarftar by 1 point I believe. 32 HP EVs is for a good LO number, and the leftover 40 SDef EVs are put into SDef for rotom/starmie/jolteon/etc. Unlike scarftar, weavile is not locked in on a move, and there is no sand to hurt the rest of this offensive team. Azelf and weavile was what I thought of first when making this team, along with the next guy as well.

---

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

I really appreciate everyone who stopped using magnezone because I came across exactly zero skarms and forries with shed shell, up until maybe a week or two ago when I played people for a third or fourth time. It is not uncommon at all for my azelf to u-turn to weavile and trap something, and then I switch to zone to trap something else. Two mons down without even thinking in the first ~4 turns of the battle are almost guaranteed wins for me. If both my opponent and I are switching in a mon (when I use explosion or something), weavile is my go-to guy because steels will get lured and taken out next turn, and weavile does not let much set up on it. The only difficult thing with this set is choosing either LO, scarf, or sub. I eventually went with LO because of the extra power and the ability to change moves, which is very important with this team. My opponent is often not prepared for the power of LO. Magnet Rise is actually really cool for metagross, bronzong, swampert, tyranitar, flygon/gliscor switching in, etc. who I suspect might have earthquake. I have two other users with explode so I figured I could live without it. I am usually too slow to pull off a last minute explosion if I were to have it, and a LO tbolt/flash cannon does plenty to almost everything. HP fire kills any and all scizor/forretress, and it all does great damage to rotom-a/celebi/shaymin (no earth power) and other stuff that resists tbolt. HP fire is an automatic OHKO on breloom, which has saved me in many games. Flash cannon is great STAB move for predicting stuff like flygon and ttar, and it even does decent damage to mons that resist, which often happens after I use magnet rise on ground-types.

---

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

I wish there was something else that was as powerful as mixnite but faster to put on my team, but there isn't. Dragonite provides a really nice ground immunity as well as a fighting and bug resistance. The stealth rock weakness is very unappealing but I can deal with it most of the time, especially since azelf often stops stealth rock from being set up. If I can get dragonite in early, I can do some great damage to the other team before SR gets up. It is a good feeling when I get dragonite in against something slower because dragonite has the power to rip holes in any team, usually by just clicking draco meteor. With magnezone taking care of steel-types, there will be nothing to absorb a draco meteor powered by LO, stab, and a +SAtk nature. I only wish Dragonite was faster, but oh well. I feel as if dragonite is one of the weaker links on the team believe it or not. I never really considered dd mence or cb mence, but I think draco meteor is too powerful to pass up. Dragonite's purpose is just to break stall and abuse magnezone's trapping by spamming draco meteor afterward. I really enjoy having dragonite on my team despite my occasional doubts. I had roost for a very long time, but I finally decided to replace roost with extremespeed because I simply need it more often than roost. Even with magnezone, I still like flamethrower for extra steels as well as grass types. Superpower is for a few things like heatran/blissey/tyranitar, and its good as just a neutral physical attack to hit a switch in or finish something off. EVs come straight from the analysis because I saw no reason to change them. Despite my doubts, I do appreciate dragonite on this team.

---

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 120 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

This suicune set has been amazing since the days of latias. Suicune is my switch-in for gyarados, heatran, infernape, dragonite, blah blah blah. Suicune checks pretty much everything. This suicune is so incredibly hard to take down after a calm mind, especially mid and late game. Rotom-a will take me down, but not after I fire off a +1 surf (defensive rotoms can only do 30% with a tbolt as I 2HKO it). Even shaymin and celebi are taken out by 2 ice beams provided they are not faster. Without blissey, jolteon, or lanturn, my suicune will usually at least one or two guys very quickly. Suicune has the ability to hit most stuff super effectively with its 3 attacks. I prefer surf over hydro pump because hydro pump misses too much, simple as that. The Speed EVs allow me to outpace everything important basically, and the HP/SAtk EVs I stole from a suicune on a reyscarface team I believe; I tried them out and they seemed fine so I just kept them. The EVs aren't too important though to be honest, because suicune will get the job done with any variation of the current spread. There's not much to say about suicune, really. Overall, suicune is bulky, powerful, and perhaps most important of all, consistent. I never once thought of changing suicune when I first picked him for this team.

---

Heatran (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Explosion

Heatran is a damn good filler. He gives me extra resistances to stuff like scizor so magnezone doesn't have to take multiple u-turns by itself. I must admit, chople Berry is cool as fuck. My team functions well without heatran, but I was a bit weak to infernape (fucking mixape)/lucario/gengar as well as some other stuff like jirachi and defensive shaymin, and heatran with chople berry beats these guys for me. This team doesn't really have weaknesses because it is so fast-paced, but heatran often gives me extra insurance in case I get off track, if I can't explode with azelf anymore. Substitute is there so I can explode without my opponent being prepared for it. It makes it really easy to explode on stuff I don't like which is just awesome, including but not limited to vaporeon, blissey, and togekiss. Using a modest nature is okay because explosion does plenty of damage and I really like the bulkiness that heatran has. Basically heatran just resists some attacks and then kill an infernape and/or explode when I need it to. This spot has been changed a bit, but Heatran has been the best (and most fun) filler up until this point.

---

Conclusion: What often makes offensive teams not very effective is that they can't break through cores in balanced teams, and momentum is lost. That is not the case here; this team is impossible to set up on, and momentum is basically never lost because my team always forces the momentum. I have used this team in every round I played in the dpp tourn, and even though I narrowly lost in the quarter-finals, I still think highly of this team, and it performed very well. Since dpp ou is over now, maybe I'll stop procrastinating and learn BW (especially with the new bans), but honestly, I'm losing interest in pokemon and the internet in general because life is hitting me pretty hard. School and sports and friends are always typical reasons for not spending all of one's time on the computer, but since I'm on the home stretch now (senior year in high school) and I actually have to work hard to make A's in my college classes as an engineer major, and club soccer isn't a joke anymore, and volunteering and school activities are actually important to me now, and I have to take care of most of my family and the house for the time-being, I just don't have that kind of time anymore. Plus, I never did like the internet very much as there seems to be too much negativity and veering away from reality. Even smogon has begun to slowly disappoint me recently. It's still a great place though, as there's truly no where else like it, and I hope it continues to grow in a positive way. And finally, special thanks goes out to ENZ0, CTI, Reachzero, IronBullet, Tomahawk and Phil for various reasons.

:D

edit: Importable version

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP / 228 SDef / 216 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Explosion

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SDef / 184 Spd
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Night Slash

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 120 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind

Heatran (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Explosion

THREAT LIST

---
Black = not a threat
Orange = threat
Red = big threat
---

Heatran: I see heatran switching in on azelf early game almost always. I'll go to suicune and calm mind for the switch. Heatran is not a problem because if suicune wasn't enough, weavile and dragonite will be outpacing and OHKOing heatran, and magnezone can trap heatran as well, especially scarf trans that try to hp ice dragonite. It's only a matter of time before heatran goes down.
Rotom-A: This guy is annoying for offensive teams, but weavile can night slash if I can get him in. It will often switch into azelf after I SR and I can taunt it and die if I have to (or sometimes it switches in on taunt) which allows weavile to night slash. My opponents don't switch because people automatically think pursuit. Heatran can safely switch in against rotom-a, and suicune can take out defensive ones that trouble weavile. Dragonite can kill rotom if needed, even zone can do damage to it. It'll get taken down eventually, like everything else.
Tyranitar: This guy is slow thankfully, unless it dragon dances, but weavile can outpace +1 ttars. Suicune can safely switch in against anything and dragonite can superpower. Azelf can take a non-boosted dark move and proceed to u-turn. Magnezone and heatran can hit ttars super-effectively if needed. No worries here.
Gyarados: Suicune stops him cold, and he sets up on nothing except sometimes weavile (which is early game usually, and suicune comes in here) or possibly dragonite who has used draco meteor already. Gyara can't do much.
Metagross: Magnezone can switch in on anything except earthquake and proceed to use magnet rise. Dragonite can use flamethrower, heatran can use flamethrower, and suicune can take it out if needed. All of that applies for agiligross too, and azelf can taunt it when it comes in late game. As long as agiligross doesn't set up on weavile late game, I'm okay (weavile often isn't alive late game). I've only see one agiligross and I took him out with no trouble.
Jirachi: Magnezone and Heatran can take care of most jirachi (scarf), but I have to make jirachi's name orange because CM rachi's, especially Superachi, can wreck me. I can usually weaken CM rachi and kill it, but a well-played one will beat me.
Infernape: Mixape is a bitch, but heatran is a bitch back. Suicune can handle the common fire attack. If I have magnezone in early game and ape switches in, I will always make a switch to dragonite if stealth rock isn't up, and sometimes even if it is, depending on the situation. If it comes in on weavile, I'll go to azelf if it is still alive to absorb the close combat or just let it die. Without heatran, infernape would be an orange due to mixape. Mixape likes to come in early so heatran will probably be at good health.
Dragonite: It gets raped by pretty much everyone besides magnezone
Lucario: Nothing on my team lets this thing set up. Special note: Heatran fucks it up.
Gengar: 4th mon in a row on this threat list that can be fucked up by chople berry heatran. Everything on my team can OHKO it besides azelf. Weavile pursuits.
Swampert: Swampert is a bitch, but I refuse to make swampert's name orange because it can't do anything to me. Magnezone will magnet rise and beat it 1v1, nite can draco meteor it, suicune can beat it 1v1, weavile can at least hit it once or twice, and heatran/azelf can explode. So swampert will die eventually.
Starmie: Weavile obviously saves me. Every lead starmie (which I think is every starmie I've seen) is automatically trapped.
Shaymin: The ones with seed flare+earth power+hp ice are the worst ones. Weavile can do 80% with ice shard, and weavile can also live any attack besides hp fire so it can 2hko shaymin. If shaymin has hp fire, dragonite can get in there and flamethrower or draco meteor it. Azelf can explode as always. The defensive ones are also annoying, but depending on the hidden power, they are manageable due to lack of earth power.
Blissey: Azelf will be my first switch in when blissey comes in on suicune. I will scout for thunder wave or toxic by doing this. I might taunt and u-turn but regardless, later I'll kill it with azelf/heatran/weavile/dragonite.
Azelf: These CB leads are getting annoying, but azelfs are trapped by weavile. Heatran or magnezone can jump in if needed, but I've only seen azelf as a lead and they aren't troubling at all.
Gliscor: Azelf/dragonite/suicune have no trouble here.
Magnezone: I don't see magnezone anymore, but it can't do anything to me.
Skarmory: 0% chance of shed shell these days, so auto trapped by zone. But it can't come in against anything anyways except weavile, and low kick can wreck it if it roosts...maybe? Idk and idc, I've trapped all of them.
Machamp: Colbur saves me obviously. SR + explode. I haven't seen non-lead ones, but machamp is slow as shit, so it'll die.
Vaporeon: Heatran loves to explode after it subs on the switch in. Magnezone will be switching in often, and nite can kill it using dm+superpower if I'm not mistaken. Azelf can taunt+explode, and suicune can set up on ones without roar/toxic. No trouble here.
Breloom: Annoying as usual, but dragonite can take both stabs and kill it after I let something get spored (azelf if possible). Everything on my team can ohko it pretty much. Don't forget, heatran lives a focus punch. Weavile does like 85% with ice shard.
Zapdos: Defensive zapdos is not a problem, but offensive zapdos is because it outpaces my team and hits me hard with heat wave/thunderbolt. Heatran use flamethrower or explode and azelf can explode. If Zapdos comes in on suicune as I CM, I might try to just ice beam it. If I can weaken it, weavile can kill it with 65% with ice shard. Without HP Ice, dragonite can live a LO tbolt even after SR damage and ohko it. I have to be at the top of my game to beat a well-played LO zapdos with hp ice.
Flygon: Looking back at my team, it seems like flygon would be a problem, but it's not. I guess it's because my team can resist him very well, and I can always let dragonite die and revenge kill with weavile or suicune. If he u-turns on my dragonite then I get a free draco meteor, so either way I win there.
Hippowdon: Almost always a lead, and I taunt them, get sr up, and u-turn for early momentum. However, it can be annoying later in the game, especially on a defensive team. However, I usually don't have a problem taking it down with the powerful attacks I have with this team.
Kingdra: Suicune can tank kingdra and hit it with ice beams. Magnezone takes ~60% from a +1 252 Atk adamant waterfall, and zone can deal 85% back with thunderbolt, sometimes OHKOing with SR damage. It has a hard time setting up. Specs ones do shit loads of damage obviously, but they will go down quickly.
Suicune: Ice beam cunes love switching in on dragonite, but they eat a draco meteor and are usually finished off next turn. If it's sort of late game and suicune comes in on heatran, I'll just explode as it often tries to cm on me, especially when my opponent has seen substitute and is sure I don't have explosion. But with heatran's bulk, he can live a +0 252 SAtk hydro pump and explode back, if heatran is close to full health.
Celebi: For some reason, people have not figured out that celebi actually can't beat suicune with ice beam. They switch in as I use CM, and unless they run max speed, they get beat (and if celebi is offensive, then it's defenses will be low and ice beam will do a lot). Magnezone can take anything and use hp fire, while dragonite can usually finish off a ~70% celebi with flamethrower. Weavile and azelf can handle it too. And heatran.
Jolteon: Similar to zapdos, but jolteon is fragile. Without heat wave, magnezone can come in and 2HKO with hp fire. Heatran can comfortably live a Tbolt and ohko back. Weavile can actually live a LO tbolt even after SR most of the time and OHKO with night slash.
Empoleon: I've only seen one empoleon as an agility sweeper and I was able to beat it. I usually have something late game to stop it from setting up. Without grass knot, suicune walls it. Weavile ohkoes with low kick, azelf can handle the leads just fine, dragonite can superpower, and magnezone can trap it, take any attack, and ohko it.
Forretress: See skarmory.
Bronzong: Uhh see skarmory again. Except trick room ones are annoying.
Togekiss: I've seen a couple of these. It's not uncommon for heatran to end up exploding on togekiss since I can always pull it off. Depending on how much bulk togekiss has, weavile can usually OHKO with ice shard after SR damage. Togekiss is slow, so dragonite can kill it, and I'm pretty sure magnezone can as well. Azelf explodes if needed.
Weavile: I never see weavile unless someone copies me. But if I do see one, heatran can take a low kick and ohko back, suicune can wall it, and azelf can take a dark attack and u-turn it.
Tentacruel: Idk and idc, tentacruel sucks (sorry ENZ0 lol), and I never see it. Only suicune is affected by TS.
Snorlax: Snorlax is bulky, but it's slow. Low kick wrecks it, my two explosion users wreck it, and dragonite with superpower wrecks it. Magnezone needs a single crit against curselax to beat it 1v1.
Roserade: Don't see roserade anymore. Besides sleep powder (which I usually stop first turn with taunt), roserade can't do anything.

Hax: Draco Meteor missing is so homosexual. So is paralysis.

Hey Cost, this is a very cool team and of course Weavile is underrated as shit. Definitely some issues though which hopefully can be sorted out.

The first, and biggest one imo, is bulky Water types. Things like Kingdra, or Swampert on a spikestacking team, are just going to be extremely painful to get past. The main way you get around them looks to be Explosion on Heatran but if they can outpredict you there you're going to be in for a lot of pain.

Electric types you mentioned; LO Zapdos especially but Specs Jolt looks like a problem too, outspeeding everything on the team and 1-2HKO'ing.

Apart from those two, Agility Metagross should be able to find space to set up and that will be gg if Suicune's sufficiently weakened. Flygon might also be tricky because you've got no safe switches into it, but you should be able to work around him without too much trouble.

Overall though I don't feel that comfortable making any changes, since patching up the relatively minor weaknesses is going to lessen the overall effectiveness of the team. Only suggestion for the current DPP metagame, lead Machamp and Tyranitar are basically nonexistent so Colbur Berry Zelf is less useful than in the past and definitely replaceable with the standard Focus Sash variant or something else.

Anyway, great team and good luck finishing off school :)

Hey Man nice team, i have an idea that might help you out.

Since you say the dragonite is the weaker link on your team and you seem to be having troubles with shaymin, zapdos and rachi i think you should replace dragonite with a Specially Defensive Rotom-H. Rotom, resists everything that Dragonite resists (which matters anyway) And He also checks Almost All Rachi And Zapdos, wile shaymin not so much, you can deal very Well with it. Simply because Shaymin is More of a problem i suggest Shadow Ball over t-bolt on Rotom and Rest Talk simply for Subroost zapdos, you have a few different options on him but Synergy wyse he works very well, while you can also semi use him to lure ghosts, while t-tar is always there if he locks in on pursuit then you need to play better, lol.

Rotom-H|Leftovers|Calm
252 Hp|252 Sp Def| 6 Sp Atk
Shadow Ball| Wil-O-Wisp|Rest| Sleep Talk

Feel free to switch around moves to suit your team. :) Also He checks Agiligross well as Bubbly mentioned.

Also I would remove Sub + Chople berry on Heatran since if you have a sub up and are hit By a (for example) Machamp dynamicpunch the berry activates and you lose your sub anyway, so i'd remove Chople Berry For LO and Change His EV Spread to 36 HP 252 Sp Atk 220 Speed, Modest.

Hope i helped good luck withy our team

i honestly dont see any problems with the team exept that weavile and azelf are very frail and ur D-night also isnt exactly bulky but i like it!

bubbly: it's good that you point out those weaknesses, but remember, if metagross (for example) gets an agility up, then I misplayed because you must realize that it cannot set up on 5 of 6 of my guys so it usually does not get a chance to set up. Weavile, who metagross can set up on, is very often dead by late game, especially on bulky offense/heavy offense teams with agiligross. I have thought about changing colbur berry to something else now (bug resist berry?? lol) but honestly, being able to handle those select few mons is worth it in my opinion. Bulky azelf is still ok in this metagame imo. The only attack that I don't survive is like a specs overheat, and maybe a jolly cb u-turn from azelf. Besides, changing azelf to a sash azelf wouldn't improve or weaken my team very much at all. thanks for the rate tho!

darth: as far as checking troublesome pokemon, rotom is an excellent replacement for dragonite, but I think nite fits better because of his wall-breaking and heavy hitting attacks. rotom would slow me down and I would lose momentum. however, I might try scarf rotom, as trick can make blissey useless who is a pain, and magnezone gets rid of skarm/forry which is already extremely useful for stall. if I ever play with this team again I'll consider a change to rotom, thanks for rating bro.

This team is rather bad against Machamp. Should it get speed passed to it, it can almost sweep your whole team. You might want to give Azelf Psychic to eliminate Machamp as early as possible.

Nice team, I like the use of duel trappers and weavile who is just never used.

Firstly I think you should change azelfs ev spread (you were probably expecting a comment like this xD) to 252hp/40atk/216speed This garuntees you to live a choice band azelf U-turn and also stuff from before like Starmie Hydro pumps, Roserade Leaf Storms etc. 40 attack is just the unneeded evs, they don't achieve anything special.

You could have problems with Jolly SD Lucario, so I recomend scarfing either Magnezone or Heatran. I recomend Heatran because Scarf tran does the same job as chople berry tran and is a pretty good sweeper.

I also think that Starmie over Suicune would be a good thing to test out. Starmie gives your team a much wanted rapid spinner because your current team hates entry hazards, especially Weavile. Starmie also makes a better switch into Infernape. I recomend a set of:

Starmie @ Leftovers
4hp/252sp.atk/252speed
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

This may look odd without the Hp evs, but with Recover and Leftovers Starmie can stay healthy and keep up offensive pressure with high special attack. Starmie still lives attacks from Infernape and Gyarados etc. while still 2hkoing Rotom. The loss of Ice beam isn't huge as you could have Scarf tran and Weavile for Dragons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)