DPP OU Threat List

Ojama

Banned deucer.

Dragonite
Type : Dragon / Flying
Base Stats : 91 HP / 134 Atk / 95 Def / 100 Spa / 100 SpD / 80 Spe
Ability : Inner Focus

An incredible move pool, an incredible double type and incredible stats : hello I'm Dragonite. Fortunately it has a weakness to Stealth Rock. But you are allowed to pair it with a Spinner... With its incredible move pool, Dragonite is really unpredictable. The most effective set is probably the Dragon Dance one. With ExtremSpeed, Dragonite is able to kill faster Pokemon after a Dragon Dance like Flygon and Jolteon. After a Dragon Dance, Dragonite is almost unstoppable since it can almost OHKO Swampert with Outrage for example. It can be also used as a Mixed Sweeper with a really powerfull Draco Meteor. In addition, Superpower allows it to not be walled by Blissey. An offensive Lead is also viable since it has an interesting ExtremSpeed allowing it to break Focus Sash Lead like Azelf or Aerodactyl. Those were the most used Sets but since Dragonite has an incredible Move Pool and really good Defenses + HP, it can be used as a Bulky Sweeper. A bulky Dragon Dance or a Cleric Dancer can also work. A little more gimmick but still effective, an Agility Set is also viable on it. Last but not least, the famous Choice Band Set that 2HKO 99% of the Metagame. I think you got it, this thing is one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the game.

Aerodactyl
Type : Rock / Flygin
Base Stats : 80 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 60 SpA / 75 SpD / 130 Spe
Ability : Rock Head / Pressure

Aerodactyl is the fastest Pokemon in the metagame and in a metagame like the current one, this isn't a detail. Aerodactyl's most known set is the Lead one. That's useless to lie, this is best Lead in the metagame. With access to Taunt, Aerodactyl is the perfect Lead for every offensive team. In addition, you have a strong STAB with Stone Edge or even Rock Slide if you want to flinch your opponent. Underrated but extremely good in the current metagame, the Life Orb set is a perfect stallbreaker in addition of being a pain for an offensive team. With Taunt and Roost, Aerodactyl has no problem to destroy Skarmory, Gliscor (without Ice Fang), etc. This thing is faster than Starmie, Gengar, Infernape, Zapdos, Shaymin and OHKO or 2HKO them in return. A SubRoost with Taunt is also viable on it with a Bulky Spread. Since Aerodactyl is a Rock Pokemon, it can get a Boost in SpD with the Sandstorm so that means this is a good option to pair it with Tyranitar or Hippowdon....

I'll post Gliscor tomorrow I think. Edit my post if there are grammar mistakes etc Jellicent.

Ojama

Banned deucer.

Gliscor
Type : Ground / Flying
Base Stats : 75 HP / 95 Atk / 125 Def / 45 SpA / 65 SpD / 95 Spe
Ability : Sand Veil / Hyper Cutter

Gliscor's typing is just fantastic for a defensive Pokemon like it. In addition, it has a great defense, one of the highest of the metagame and an annoying ability : sand veil. Paired with Tyranitar / Hippowdon, this thing is almost impossible to kill. Gliscor also gets Roost allowing it to recover itself. If that wasn't enough, Gliscor has a great STAB known as Earthquake and an incredible move : Taunt. Since it has a good speed, Gliscor is the perfect Stallbreaker with Earthquake / Taunt / Roost / Toxic. Instead of Toxic, you can carry Stealth Rock and use Gliscor as a Lead. It also works as a perfect anti-lead with Taunt...
An underrated Set but still very good, the Swords Dance one. Even though you're totally walled by Skarmory, Gliscor can still destroy a Team, especially with Sand Veil... Stone Edge / Night Slash on the last slot depend on what you need Gliscor to hit.
If Gliscor's Movepool wasn't enough good, it also has Baton Pass. With a Yache Berry and Light Screen + Reflect, Gliscor can easily pass a Rock Polish and a Swords Dance before getting killed.

Gliscor is now only used with a Jolly Nature, so we can't really talk about a "defensive-gliscor" since it is only used now as a StallBreaker. It can still be used with an Impish Nature though, but it will lose its ability to Taunt Heatran /Gyarados / Dragonite etc and it will be slower than Lucario.

Everyone with reservations, please get them finished up soon. This article is nearing completion. Also, here's Tangrowth:

Tangrowth
Type: Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard
Base Stats: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 125 Def / 110 SpA / 50 SpD / 50 Spe

Tangrowth is extremely physically bulky (moreso than Skarmory), though it's a less common sight due to its limited movepool and poorer defensive typing. That said, resistances to Water, Ground, Electric, and Grass are all useful. Most often, Tangrowth is seen running a disruptive set with Sleep Powder to shut down one opponent and Knock Off to cripple item-dependent foes. It can also run an effective double powder set with Stun Spore over Knock Off. Typically, it uses Power Whip and Earthquake for offensive coverage, though it can also opt to go the special route with Grass Knot and Hidden Power Ice. The best bet for dealing with Tangrowth is hitting it on its weaker special side with moves such as Fire Blast and Ice Beam.

Reserving Kabutops next~

Hello C&C team, I'm sorry if this post is off-topic but could you provide me with the strategy pokedex pages of the recently banned pokemon from DPPtHGSS OU, such as Garchomp, Salamence, Blaziken, etc. when they were still OU. I would accept even .htm files as my interest is only on the content. Thank you and keep up the good work.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Defensive Gyarados weeee

Gyarados
Type: Water / Flying
Ability: Intimidate
Base Stats: 95 HP / 125 Atk / 79 Def / 60 SpA / 100 SpD / 81 Spe

While Gyarados is often seen as an offensive Dragon Dance sweeper, it occasionally takes on a more defensive role by capitalizing on its decent 95 / 79 / 100 defenses and its great Intimidate ability. Defensive Gyarados mostly take on the role as a physical wall by utilizing Intimidate to switch in on physical attacks and soften their attacks. Intimidate also let's it check physical sweepers such as Swords Dance Scizor and then phaze it out with Roar. Due to its weakness to Stealth Rock, most defensive Gyarados rely on RestTalk for recovery and Sleep Talk prevents it from being a complete setup bait while it sleeps. Gyarados occasionally sports a specially defensive EV spread to allow it to take on some threats, such as mixed Infernape and Heatran, better. With Intimidate, Gyarados can sponge most physical attacks and even some super effective ones such as a -1 Stone Edge, though it'll have a hard time surviving any Electric-type attack. Gyarados's great defensive typing also grants it only two weaknesses to Rock and Electric. Gyarados often serves as a bulky Water-type and one of the fastest phazers on stall teams. It also has little difficulty walling many physical threats thanks to Intimidate, RestTalk, and Roar. Sometimes, it could even phaze out slower foes such as CurseLax before getting attacked when Sleep Talk uses Roar. Gyarados is hard to break through with physical attackers unless it can hit it super effectively. The best way to take down defensive Gyarados is by wearing it down with Stealth Rock and defeating it with strong special attackers or simply with an Electric-type attack. However, one has to look out for the rare Thunder Wave before sending out Rotom-A and the likes against a defensive Gyarados.

Defensive Venusaur

Venusaur
Type: Grass / Poison
Ability: Overgrow
Base Stats: 80 HP / 82 Atk / 83 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 80 Spe

Venusaur is often overlooked due to the presence of other great defensive Grass-types in the tier such as Celebi. Still, Venusaur is a good defensive threat to look out for. Although its stats might not look like much, it actually has good overall bulk with its 80 / 83 / 100 defenses. Its better overall bulk than Roserade means that its not completely physically or specially frail and makes it much harder to take down. Venusaur is fully capable of taking non-super effective physical hits with some Defense EVs investment and can withstand even some super effective special attacks such as a Life Orb Starmie's Ice Beam. Although its Grass / Poison typing burdens Venusaur with four weaknesses, it also grants it resistance to four common types—Fighting, Water, Grass, and Electric. Defensive Venusaur might be difficult to counter and requires some good predictions due to its access to Sleep Powder; it could quickly put your switch-in and only counter to sleep if you're caught off guard. Furthermore, sending in your sleep absorber doesn't always mean that Venusaur will put it to sleep with Sleep Powder. It can aways opt for Leech Seed to regain health and wear down foes while playing conservatively with Sleep Powder so as not to waste it on an opposing sleep absorber such as RestTalk Gyarados. While defensive Venusaur can annoy foes with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, do not forget that it has an acceptable base 100 Special Attack. Its uninvested special attacks can still put a dent to frailer Pokemon.

Offensive Lanturn

Lanturn
Type: Water / Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb / Illuminate
Base Stats: 125 HP / 58 Atk / 58 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 67 Spe

Lanturn doesn't even look like it's capable of being an offensive threat with its abysmal base 76 Special attack and an even lower base 67 Speed. However, its huge base 125 HP, good typing, and great ability allows Lanturn to turn into a formidable offensive threat if given the opportunity to set up. Lanturn's unique typing and its Volt Absorb ability finds it many chances to switch in. It can come in on many Water-types that lacks Earthquake, Toxic, or Roar. Thanks to its high HP, it can make 101 HP Substitutes to prevent it from being broken by Seismic Toss. Offensive Lanturn has only one set it uses in OU: SubCharge. While its low base 76 Special Attack doesn't look threatening, Lanturn often has little difficulty getting multiple boosts with Charge Beam thanks to its good special bulk and Substitute. It can begin taking down foes at just +2. Lanturn has unresisted coverage bar opposing Lanturns and Shedinja, allowing it to take down many prominent OU threats in a single boosted hit or two. Its base 67 Speed isn't too bad when it lets it outspeed extremely slow foes such as Machamp, which it can take down with a boosted Hydro Pump. To show how impressive SubCharge Lanturn might be, it can even win against a weakened Blissey one-on-one. What makes Lanturn threatening is how hard it could be to take it down without sacrificing a Pokemon in the process thanks to its good bulk and it hiding behind a Substitute most of the time. Revenge killing Lanturnby taking out its Substitute is not the best way to take out Lanturn as it can simply find another opportunity to set up again. Grass-types are the best bet as long as Lanturn has not accumulated many boosts. However, take note that uninvested Grass Knots might not even be able to break Lanturn's Substitutes due to Lanturn's light weight; Grass Knot only reaches 40 Base Power.

Defensive Lanturn

Lanturn
Type: Water / Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb / Illuminate
Base Stats: 125 HP / 58 Atk / 58 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 67 Spe

Lanturn is one of the rarest bulky Water-type that is viable in DPP OU. It's often overshadowed by other bulky Water-types such as Suicune and Vaporeon. However, its very high base 125 HP and unique typing makes it yet another bulky Water-type to look out for. Unlike most other bulky Water-types besides Swampert, it does not fear Electric-types thanks to its Volt Absorb ability. With Volt Absorb, it can even do without recovery moves. Lanturn's good defensive typing leaves it with only two weaknesses to Ground and Grass; the former has to be weary of Lanturn's Surf while the latter has to look out for the occasional Ice Beam. Lanturn is, however, one of the few bulky Water-types capable of providing paralysis support in the form of either Thunder Wave or Discharge and being a cleric with Heal Bell. Lanturn is able to provide both of these team support that a team might need. Parafusion is one of the methods Lanturn can employ to slowly wear down and defeat opponents. A paralysed and confused foe only has 3/8 chance of moving. What makes Lanturn a threatening bulky Water-type is that it has little difficulty trying to paralyze foes as Ground-types are often wary of switching in for fear of a super effective Surf. Its great bulk and typing allows Lanturn to wall many special threats for a long time and can provide good team support in paralysis and Heal Bell. However, it has a rather poor physical bulk that can be easily taken advantaged off.

Defensive Donphan~

Donphan
Type: Ground
Ability: Sturdy
Base Stats: 90 HP / 120 Atk / 120 Def / 60 SpA / 60 SpD / 50 Spe

Donphan is one of the more offensive Rapid Spin user available. It takes on a more defensive role in being quite efficient in removing opposing Ghost-types and keeping the field clean of entry hazards by using Rapid Spin. Many Ghost-types have difficulty trying to spinblock Donphan thanks to the latter's high base 120 Attack. Furthermore, it has access to Assurance, a move that doubles its Base Power to a good 100 Base Power when the target has taken damage before this move was used. This means that a Ghost-type switching in with Stealth Rock present will be dealt with a super effective 100 Base Power move, and most Ghost-types will have difficulty surviving that and probably will not be able to take repeated hits. After one or two Assurances, most Ghost-types would have been defeated with a few exceptions such as Spiritomb, which in that case, Earthquake would hit harder. Donphan easily lures Ghost-types and defeats them so that it can Rapid Spin without being hindered. However, Rapid Spinning and defeating Ghost-types isn't all that it can do; it has an excellent base 120 Attack and Defense. It can sponge physical attacks and retaliate back. If Donphan has enough HP left, it can even survive a +1 Outrage from Dragonite and proceed to 2HKO it with Ice Shard, acting as a last resort check. As a defensive Ground-type, it checks many common Rock-types such as Tyranitar. While bulky Water-types are often the best answer to Donphan, beware of the occasional Seed Bomb that can easily deal with a weakened Water-type and Swampert. Its special bulk is also terrible and almost any decently strong special attack can OHKO or 2HKO it.

yea I'm done ^_^ that took long >.>

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Double posting because I'm going to comment on pokemon0078's post on offensive Venusaur here although I'm not on the contact list >.>

• remove mentions of Leech Seed; Swords Dance Venusaur needs both Power Whip and Earthquake to be effective. Sleep Powder is also more useful than Leech Seed most of the time. Offensive Venusaur has no buisness stalling with Leech Seed. Leave Leech Seed for the defensive entry which I wrote~
  • Remove Growth. It's terrible in DPP and I don't think it can even attain multiple boosts. It has good bulk but nothing that lets it gets anything more than +1 since it's 2HKOed by most super effective hits and Sleep Powder is needed for Growth to have any chance of working. With things such as Heatran, Celebi, and Dragonite, it's going to be a hard time pulling off a specially offensive Venusaur (and Swords Dance is hard enough >.>) Besides Grass + Poison is pretty bad coverage when Steel-types are quite common. +1 HP Fire isn't going to dent anything much either .-.
Probably try to focus more on Swords Dance Venusaur and its ability to bypass some checks with Sleep Powder.

Also, the ordering is Type, Ability, Base Stats, not Type, Base Stats, Ability. >.> Thanks! :)

I'll try to read through more of other things if I have the time haha. If anyone on the contact least could affirm what I said or other comments that would be great~

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello C&C team, I'm sorry if this post is off-topic but could you provide me with the strategy pokedex pages of the recently banned pokemon from DPPtHGSS OU, such as Garchomp, Salamence, Blaziken, etc. when they were still OU. I would accept even .htm files as my interest is only on the content. Thank you and keep up the good work.
I wouldn't say any of these are recent bans, as they are a few years old, but if you are looking for analyses of banned Pokemon, which it seems you are:

There you go.

oh and @sandshrewz: I agree with those changes, I will make them.

A few of these have been sitting as "Reserved" for quite some time. I'm now posting up a 24 HOUR WARNING. If you wish to keep your threat reserved, please post in the next 24 hours stating so. Otherwise, anything marked "Reserved" will be moved to "Unreserved" so other contributors can get these done.

Also, here's Kabutops ^.^

Kabutops
Type: Rock / Water
Base Stats: 60 HP / 115 Atk / 105 Def / 65 Spa / 70 SpD / 80 Spe
Ability: Battle Armor / Swift Swim

Kabutops is typically seen on Rain Dance teams, pummeling the opposition with its base 115 Attack and great STAB coverage. Rain activates Swift Swim's Speed boost while also boosting the power of Waterfall and Aqua Jet; the former is its main attack of choice, while the latter allows it to pick off foes as rain ends. Stone Edge rounds off coverage and gives it another powerful STAB attack. As it is easy for Kabutops to force switches in rain, it can use that opportunity to set up Swords Dance, buffing up its assault even more. It is rather frail, however, and outside of rain, it is rather easy to revenge kill, especially with Grass-type attacks.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd still like to reserve Hippowdon and Swampert. Will finish by tomorrow.

Defensive Threat

Hippowdon
Type: Ground
Base Stats: 108 HP / 112 Atk / 118 Def / 68 SpA / 72 SpD / 47 Spe
Ability: Sand Stream
Hippowdon is the quintessential physical wall. It is the only Sand Stream user other than Tyranitar, but plays quite differently. With huge defensive stats, it is capable of holding more overall defenses than Skarmory! Even though it lacks Skarmory's superior defensive typing, it can actually pose a threat to more frail offensive Pokemon with its STAB Earthquake, even with minimal investment. Most of the time, though, Hippowdon will be laying down Stealth Rock, phazing with Roar, and recovering off any damage it took in the mean time with Slack Off. Its physical bulk is enough to hold up to strong physical attackers, taking very little from Scizor, Metagross, Tyranitar, and other physical attackers. Hippowdown has enough HP to supplement its somewhat low Special Defense, so it can easily be used as a mixed wall. It can also run a Stockpile set to boost both of its defenses, giving Hippowdon supreme overall bulk. If it has problems with Dragonite, it can even run Ice Fang for decent damage. Ice Fang also allows Hippowdon to win against Gliscor one-on-one. It has low Speed meaning it can become Taunt bait, but this hardly matters when, most of the time, it doesn't need Speed, especially when phazing. Hippowdon is not unbreakable though, as Grass-types such as Celebi or Shaymin can switch in on anything it uses barring Roar or Ice Fang and KO it with Leaf Storm or Seed Flare, respectively.

Defensive Threat

Swampert
Type: Water / Ground
Base Stats: 100 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 85 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Spe
Ability: Torrent
Swampert is one of DPP OU's toughest walls to break. It is most commonly seen as a hazard setter, able to set down Stealth Rock while hitting its opponent back with Earthquake or Ice Beam coming off its decent mixed offenses. Roar gives it a means by which to phaze its opponents, preventing set up sweepers such as Gyarados from taking advantage of an uninvested Ice Beam, or make Suicune think twice about getting greedy with Calm Mind boosts. Curse allows it to boost its excellent physical bulk and offenses; it can even run a pseudo-CroCune set, slowly boosting its Attack and Defense to sky high levels while recovering all of its HP and relieving it from crippling status when it needs to. Despite these traits, it has low Speed and a crippling weakness to Grass, but even Grass-types must be careful not to switch into an Ice Beam or Avalanche.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Cloyster
Type: Water / Ice
Base Stats: 50 HP / 95 Atk / 180 Def / 85 SpA / 45 SpD / 70 Spe
Ability: Shell Armor / Skill Link

Cloyster is a Pokemon with rather unremarkable stats other than its stand-out 180 base Defense. Due to its great physical bulk, Cloyster can be a great user of Spikes and an excellent lead for any offensive team in need of Spikes to support their sweepers. Against many leads, Cloyster can setup 2 or even 3 layers of Spikes. Cloyster has access to Surf, which, in combination with its decent Special Attack stat, allows it to defeat many other opposing leads before they get the chance to setup their own hazards, like Metagross, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Bronzong, Skarmory, and Forretress, among others. The combination of Surf and Ice Shard can take down any opposing frail leads, such as Azelf and Aerodactyl. If facing off against something that could potentially sweep Cloyster's teammates, Cloyster can simply explode and KO any Pokemon it wants without any worry, as Cloyster need not survive past the first few turns. Overall, any offensive team appreciates the Spikes that Cloyster provides, and Cloyster has all of the tools it needs to be an excellent lead.

Regirock
Type: Rock
Base Stats: 80 HP / 100 Atk / 200 Def / 50 SpA / 100 SpD / 50 Spe
Ability: Clear Body

Blessed with amazing defenses and a decent Attack stat, Regirock can function as a check to some of the top sweepers in the OU tier, including Heatran and Zapdos. Very few special attackers can do much of anything to Regirock once sand is up, and with Tyranitar being so prevalent, this situation is very common. Regirock can even beat Pokemon with super effective moves, such as Gyarados, Dragonite, Lucario, Scizor, and Celebi, all due to Regirock's phenomenal Defense stat and Special Defense stat under sand. Regirock is usually sporting a Curse set, with Rest providing recovery and pseudo-EdgeQuake with Rock Slide. It does take multiple turns of setup for Regirock to be actually threatening offensively, but the Defense boosts are invaluable against such foes as Gyarados, Lucario, and Scizor. Regirock is not something often seen, but if sand is up, breaking it is not going to be an easy task.

I will take Weezing, Claydol, and Cresselia because why not.

EDIT:

Weezing
Type: Poison
Base Stats: 65 HP / 90 Atk / 120 Def / 85 SpA / 70 SpD / 60 Spe
Ability: Levitate

Weezing is quite the strange Pokemon, boasting a high Defense stat but low HP stat, as well as a Poison typing but immunity to Ground-type moves due to Levitate. Its movepool is just as strange, including options non-characteristic to a Poison-type like Fire Blast and Thunderbolt. However, all of these traits combine to create an excellent check to many top-tier physical attackers like Gyarados, Lucario, and Tyranitar. Due to Levitate, it can switch-in on powerful Ground-type attacks from the likes of Mamoswine and Hippowdon. Although its Special Defense stat is disappointing, it doesn't take very much damage from any of Celebi's attacks not named Psychic, an attack most Celebi don't carry, boasting an immunity to Earth Power and resistance to Grass-type attacks, as well as not being affected all that much by Thunder Wave and being immune to Toxic, with Hidden Power Fire not doing much damage either. Weezing has Fire Blast to take on Steel-types like Skarmory and Forretress, something less experienced players may not even expect. Thunderbolt does solid damage to Gyarados. which it checks exceptionally well due to its great physical bulk. To top it all off, Weezing has recovery in Pain Split, which is great for wearing down opposing threats and is even better due to Weezing's low HP stat, turning that downside into a selling point. Access to Will-O-Wisp only furthers Weezing's ability to check physical attackers, with Taunt and even Explosion sometimes making an appearance. When Weezing comes out on the field, there are very few physical attackers that can beat it, and it occupies a solid niche for this reason.

EDIT2:

Claydol
Type: Ground / Psychic
Base Stats: 60 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 70 SpA / 120 Def / 75 Spe

Claydol is among those niche Pokemon with limited use, but excel at their use, and Claydol's is the coveted combination of Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Claydol makes a decent spinner because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes thanks to Levitate, as well as boasting resistances to Stone Edge, immunity to Earthquake, immunity to Electric-type moves, and resistance to Fighting-type moves, all combined with excellent defenses and a few offensive options that hit a few notable Pokemon super effectively. Even with such low offensive stats, Ground-type STAB is still Ground-type STAB, and that means Pokemon such as Metagross and Lucario will lose quite a chunk of their health to such attacks. Ice Beam threatens Flygon and Dragonite, both of which Claydol can check rather adequately. Claydol can even utilize Explosion and take out an opposing threat as it survives an attack. While very niche, Claydol's access to Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, as well as its unique set of resistances, particularly its rare resistance to the famed EdgeQuake combo, Claydol can function as a decent spinner and Stealth Rock setter for any team in need of such a Pokemon that needs both roles to be filled by one Pokemon.

Cresselia
Type: Psychic
Base Stats: 120 HP / 70 Atk / 120 Def / 75 SpA / 130 SpD / 85 Spe

Cresselia is blessed with the best defenses of almost every Pokemon usable in OU, allowing it to wall many powerful attackers. Although it does struggle against the very common Tyranitar and Scizor, as well as failing to do much lasting damage against anything with much bulk, it has enough bulk to repeatedly take hits and setup screens, whether it be just Reflect or both. Cresselia can use Thunder Wave to cripple the many faster Pokemon that fail to do any meaningful damage to it. Its STAB Psychic gives it super effective coverage on Infernape and other Fighting-types, as well as on Gengar. Ice Beam can take down Dragon-types, which Cresselia easily walls. Cresselia even has access to recovery in Moonlight, though it is crippled in sand and hail. Cresselia may also sport Charge Beam along with RestTalk and Ice Beam, with its great bulk allowing it to boost its Special Attack and have pseudo-BoltBeam coverage. A Calm Mind set can be used to take on many special sweepers and sometimes even pull off a sweep of its own. Cresselia has a niche as a user of screens due to access to Lunar Dance, which allows Cresselia to sacrifice itself and fully revive a teammate, acting even before entry hazards, so Pokemon in range of being KOed by entry hazards can have a second chance at life. Against a decent amount of OU threats, Cresselia can shine, walling them to no tomorrow, and although it falters against Tyranitar and Scizor, two very common Pokemon, it can do well against many other threats and is a wall to be reckoned with.

I am done ^_^ reserving Blastoise and Cradily

EDIT3:

lol wtf is Blastoise doing as a defensive threat it's an anti-lead

Blastoise
Type: Water
Base Stats: 79 HP / 83 Atk / 100 Def / 85 SpA / 105 SpD / 78 Spe

Blastoise has one niche and one niche only: it can function as an excellent anti-lead. Due to having access to Rapid Spin and STAB priority in Aqua Jet, Blastoise can take down many opposing leads. Hydro Pump followed by Aqua Jet will take down the majority of leads, including Aerodactyl, Azelf, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Swampert, and Machamp. Ice Beam gives a 100% accurate hit on Gliscor and hits Dragonite as well as Flygon. Blastoise's excellent defenses allow it to take a hit or two from these leads and more. If the opposing lead happens to be a hazard lead, Blastoise will likely outlast it and be able to spin away the hazards, making them a non-factor for its teammates throughout the match.

Cradily should probably be offensive as well (it's a Curse sweeper, it just happens to be quite bulky) although it is a bit more in the middle because it walls and sweeps at basically the same time.

Cradily
Type: Rock / Grass
Base Stats: 86 HP / 81 Atk / 97 Def / 81 SpA / 107 SpD / 43 Spe
Ability: Suction Cups

Cradily is an excellent Curse sweeper for a number of reasons. For one, its already stellar Special Defense stat gets boosted by 50% under sand, a very common weather condition due to the prevalence of Tyranitar. Also, it has a low Speed stat and usable Attack stat to abuse, as well as coveted access to Recover, giving it a niche as the only viable user of Curse that has reliable recovery. Cradily has all of the coverage it needs in pseudo-EdgeQuake, which very few Pokemon resist, all of which can be easily removed by the right teammates. Due to its excellent defensive stats and Recover, Cradily can often obtain multiple boosts to makes it attacks hit hard and make it nigh-impenetrable as a wall. RestTalk mono-attacker variants are also threatening, as in that case even Toxic cannot stop Cradily, making playing stall against it all but a fools' game. Although it has a weakness to the very common Fighting-type attacks, that is its only negative attribute. With Suction Cups, it can't even be phazed, making one of the most common detriments to setup sweepers a non-issue. Cradily also has access to Swords Dance, which gives it the ability to boost its Attack quickly, and Cradily can dish out quite a bit of pain after it has boosted up. Trick is the best option to beat Cradily; it limits the many-tentacled beast to one move, which turns it from a monster to a failed fossil recovery. Cradily is a Pokemon to watch out for, as, although it is rarely seen, it could potentially set up to a point where it walls your entire team and OHKOes them as well.

Those are done too :DDD I will take the last unreserved Pokemon in Mesprit and Qwilfish. I will then check through all of my previous submissions and make sure all of the QC changes are implemented.

EDIT4:

Mesprit
Base Stats: 80 HP / 105 Atk / 105 Def / 105 SpA / 105 SpD / 80 Spe

Due to its excellent defenses and stellar Special Attack stat, Mesprit can function as a utility Pokemon that can KO many top-tier threats, including Gyarados, Dragonite, Infernape, and Flygon. BoltBeam and STAB Psychic give it all of the coverage it needs, with very few Pokemon resisting the combination of the three. Mesprit also has access to Thunder Wave, which allows it to remedy its only below-average stat, its Speed. U-turn allows Mesprit to scout Tyranitar or Scizor and do solid damage in return thanks to Mesprit's 105 base Attack. It can even setup Stealth Rock, finding room for it when its teammates cannot. Mesprit even has access to Trick Room, which allows it to function as both a standalone sweeper that no longer suffers for its below-average Speed stat and a supporter for teammates on the slower side. Mesprit can even don a Choice Scarf and become an excellent revenge killer, with U-turn keeping momentum on Mesprit's side. Levitate gives it a Ground-type immunity, granting it pretty much free revenge kills against any fast Pokemon with a Ground-type attack, such as Flygon and Aerodactyl. Overall, Mesprit's stellar balanced stats and solid movepool allow it to function as one of the best anti-metagame Pokemon.

EDIT5:

Qwilfish
Type: Water / Poison
Base Stats: 65 HP / 95 Atk / 75 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 85 Spe
Abilities: Swift Swim

Qwilfish is a very simple threat, the turns it is alive being a very simple process. First, a teammate sets up Rain Dance, preferable with Damp Rock to maximize the amount of turns Qwilfish has to sweep, in turn boosting Waterfall by an additional 50% and doubling Qwilfish's Speed thanks to Swift Swim. The next move is to switch Qwilfish into a resisted attack, hopefully a choiced one, setup Swords Dance, and proceed to have 4 turns to KO Pokemon on the opposing team. On the last turn of rain, although it could potentially be any turn, Qwilfish explodes, meaning something will die. This simple process is, in reality, a fairly easy sweep once the possible opposing Tyranitar or Abomasnow is removed. Other than that, Qwilfish has an excellent utility in removing Toxic Spikes, which rain teams hate, but there isn't much else. If you run into Qwilfish under rain and you are not prepared for it, you should be prepared for it to sweep you, simple as that.

Woohoo I am done with this stuff! I will now go through and make sure all of my previous entries are fixed with the QC changes. Yay!

EDIT6: I have finished updating all of my submissions with QC stuff, and deleted Jolteon to eliminate any sort of confusion. Yay done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jukain

!_!
Sorry for triple posting, but I'd like to request a few things be added to the threatlist (I will write the paragraphs if they are approved).

The first of these is Aggron. Aggron has base 110 Attack and huge physical Defense, as well as access to Head Smash + Rock Head. It does exceptionally well against stall teams after its counters are removed, though it is does struggle against offensive teams. All you need is something like Celebi that can provide paralysis support and resists Aggron's weaknesses and you are all set. I request that it be added to the threatlist.

Dusknoir has a few niche things over Rotom-A as a spinblocker, including the ability to setup Trick Room on stuff it spinblocks and Gravity as well. It can also run a SubPunch set to beat down a few threats, such as Heracross, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Heatran, Gengar, and Flygon. It is also very bulky, even though its HP stat is low, but Pain Split makes up for that and in fact benefits from it.

That will be all.

EDIT: To clarify, if these are accepted, I reserve them.

Aggron is added, and reserved by Pokemon0078. Dusknoir is already written >.>

It's been over 24 hours; Defensive Abomasnow, Nidoqueen, Shaymin, and Uxie are now open to reservation.

5 mons to go, LGI!

sandshrewz

POTATO

Abomasnow
Type: Grass / Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Base Stats: 90 HP / 92 Atk / 75 Def / 92 SpA / 85 SpD / 60 Spe

Abomasnow is the sole hail inducer. Although its Grass / Ice typing isn't one of the best defensive typings, it does have its own favorable traits that make it a good defensive threat, albeit a rare one, to look out for; with Snow Warning summoning the hail, most Pokemon in OU will start getting their health chipped of by the hail or have their Leftovers recovery negated due to the fact that Ice-types are quite rare in OU. While 6.25% of damage every turn might not look like much, Abomasnow has the tools to stall foes and quickly deplete their health. With a combination of Substitute + Leech Seed, Abomasnow can quickly stall out foes in a few SubSeed cycles. Abomasnow can also use Protect to keep Substitute up even longer, allowing it to replenish its own health with Leftovers and minimizing the net HP loss from making Substitutes. Abomasnow also has good special bulk to wall bulky Water-types, especially if they lack Roar or are slower than Abomasnow so that they cannot Toxic it. Abomasnow also happens to be one of the counters to Life Orb Starmie as its good special bulk coupled with the fact that it is neutral to Ice Beam. Grass-types are also wary of trying to switch into Abomasnow to stop its SubSeed cycle as they fear getting hit by its Ice-type attacks.

Nidoqueen
Type: Poison / Ground
Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry
Base Stats: 90 HP / 82 Atk / 87 Def / 75 SpA / 85 SpD / 76 Spe

Nidoqueen has rather average stats for a defensive Pokemon; it doesn't even have a single base stat that reaches 100. However, Nidoqueen provides great defensive in Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Nidoqueen's Poison / Ground typing also allows it to check several common OU threats such as Lucario and Tyranitar and is able to consistently keep the entry hazards up on the field. Not only does it have little difficulty maintaining its entry hazards, it also deters many other entry hazard users such as Heatran, Skarmory, and Forretress from setting theirs up as Nidoqueen can dent or even KO them with Earthquake or Fire Blast. Nidoqueen is not and easy foe to take down and this helps ensure that Toxic Spikes can be kept on the field for a long time even if the opponent has a Rapid Spin user or a grounded Poison-type capable of absorbing it.

Rather short but I think I managed to cover the important stuff !_!

Mention how Abomasnow is a hard counter to LO Starmie. Something that other grass pokemon fail to do.

This is important because Starmie is a hard pokemon to switch into, and Abomasnow can switch in with very little fear. Other grass pokemon have constant fear of switching in on an Ice Beam if the opponent predicts correctly. Abomasnow isn't weak to Ice.

Shaymin
Type: Grass
Base Stats: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure

Shaymin's 100-all base stats make it well rounded defensively. A pure Grass-typing allows it to comfortably take common Ground-, Water-, Electric-, and Grass-type assaults, while Natural Cure lets it work as a makeshift status absorber. Typically, defensive Shaymin will be using Leech Seed alongside either Protect or Substitute to stall out the enemy and drain them of health. Shaymin's signature Seed Flare is great for netting Special Defense drops and forcing switches, while Hidden Power Fire or Ice usually rounds out coverage. Despite lacking reliable recovery, Shaymin can use Rest to heal up and switch out to rid itself of sleep.

Uxie
Base Stats: 75 HP / 75 Atk / 130 Def / 75 SpA / 130 SpD / 95 Spe

Uxie's superb mixed bulk, solid support movepool, and good Speed make it a prime candidate for a utility Pokemon. In the lead position, it will usually carry Stealth Rock and U-turn. Most often, it will also have Trick and a Choice Scarf to cripple slower leads, along with either Thunder Wave or Yawn for support or Psychic for STAB. A dual screens set with Reflect, Light Screen, and Light Clay is also a common sight for lead Uxie. If not leading, Uxie tends to drop Stealth Rock for either Memento or Yawn on the dual screens set. It can also set up rain, sun, or Trick Room for teams built around those effects, and thanks to U-turn and Yawn, it can both scout and force switches after doing so.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Mention how Abomasnow is a hard counter to LO Starmie. Something that other grass pokemon fail to do.

This is important because Starmie is a hard pokemon to switch into, and Abomasnow can switch in with very little fear. Other grass pokemon have constant fear of switching in on an Ice Beam if the opponent predicts correctly. Abomasnow isn't weak to Ice.

Jukain

!_!

Aggron
Type: Rock / Steel
Base Stats: 70 HP / 110 Atk / 180 Def / 60 SpA / 60 SpD / 50 Spe
Abilities: Sturdy / Rock Head

When most people take their first look at Aggron, they look no further than its weaknesses, without paying any attention to its strengths. Its physical bulk is simply monstrous, and access to the coveted Head Smash + Rock Head combination and a solid 110 base Attack gives its power that enables it to fit in among the titans that find their home in OU. Coverage moves in Earthquake to create a pseudo-EdgeQuake combination as well as Aqua Tail for Hippowdon and Ice Punch for Flygon, Breloom, and Celebi. Aggron is most commonly seen utilizing a Choice Band with the mentioned moves, but can also function as an excellent Rock Polish sweeper. Aggron's Speed is quite low, limiting its abilities without any sort of boost to its Speed, but with the +2 boost from Rock Polish, Aggron can sweep teams with just one setup opportunity and some hazards to help it out. Aggron can also use a set that relies on the switches it forces to setup Substitute, which can be very effective in that given a free turn against offensive teams, there is not one Pokemon that will be able to take on the might that is Aggron.

we are done with preliminary writings, QC just needs to get done and so does GP

sandshrewz

POTATO
Just gonna comment on stuff on the last two pages and get this article to GP asap. Sorry if I'm overstepping or anything .-. QC have at it~

Suicune
Base Stats: 100 HP / 75 Atk / 115 Def / 90 SpA / 115 SpD / 85 Spe
Ability: Pressure

Suicune is blessed with perhaps the best mixed defenses of anything available in OU. Decent Special Attack and good enough Speed further supplement Suicune's defensive capabilities. Its use defensively is mainly via Calm Mind. By-and-far its best set is the acclaimed CroCune, a set that uses Rest and Sleep Talk to keep itself healthy as well as Calm Mind to boost its Special Defense. With maximum defense investment and Calm Mind boosting its Special Defense, Suicune is a near impenetrable tank, dealing solid damage with its decent Special Attack and powerful STAB move in Surf. It can even put Ice Beam to good use against Dragon- and Grass-types expecting to comfortably handle CroCune. Pressure and the RestTalk combination when paired with its stone wall of bulk allow it to stall out the PP of many moves, particularly Stone Edges and Draco Meteors. Access to Roar lends Suicune to a great defensive set, keeping healthy with RestTalk and phazing with Roar, removing boosts from setup sweepers and racking up damage from entry hazards. CroCune possesses such staying power that it can stall out even the famed Blissey, the bane of many a special attacker. Suicune's bulk and sweeping potential keep on the pinnacle of a bulky Water-type, a threat to be reckoned with for any sweeper.
I'd say that its SpA and Spe are only like average... Emphasize on the fact that Suicune often has no trouble setting up multiple Calm Minds thanks to RestTalk buying you some time to CM if your opponent does not have the offense required to break through its bulk or doesn't react fast enough and get their counters in. Remove the mention of CroCune being the best set. It's perhaps one of the most commonly seen but Offensive CM is still the first set fsr. CroCune is great against defensive teams that struggle to damage it and resort to phazing, as well as offensive teams that are unable to break through its defenses. CroCune still has some bulk to avoid 2HKOes form offensive teams but it's unlikely to CM against them.

Defensive Registeel

Registeel is a very rare sight in OU, but its immense 80 / 150 / 150 bulk and adequate support movepool make it a solid choice for some teams. Although its offensive capabilities are nonexistent, access to both Thunder Wave and Toxic makes Registeel an excellent multipurpose check to common offensive threats. Stealth Rock is a given on all sets since Registeel can set it up against such a wide range of Pokemon. For damaging moves, Registeel has access to Seismic Toss, Iron Head, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, and Explosion. Seismic Toss is a particularly useful move considering Registeel’s depressing Attack stat since it does a reasonable amount of damage against all but two OU Pokemon; the other four attacks are mostly situational. Compared to Bronzong, Registeel sports significantly higher defenses, Seismic Toss, and Thunder Wave, but gains a weakness to Ground moves.
Maybe mention Ice Punch on Registeel? >.> It's pretty good for dealing with Dragon-types bar Kingdra, especially when Flygon or Dragonite lock themselves into Outrage early in the match. Maybe remove Shadow Claw too? It doesn't really help much .-. Ghost-types can Will-O-Wisp it anyway. It doesn't do much with low Atk anyay >.>

Honchkrow
Type: Dark / Flying
Ability: Insomnia / Super Luck
Base Stats: 100 HP / 125 Atk / 52 Def / 105 SpA / 52 SpD / 71 Spe

Honchkrow is a very rare Pokemon to come by in DPP OU, but its rarity should not give anyone a reason to underestimate it. Possessing the strongest Brave Bird in OU almost always warrants a switch-in to a Flying resistance, which Honchkrow almost certainly has an answer for. Heatran and Tyranitar must watch out for Superpower from this mafia bird, and Skarmory, Jirachi, and Metagross must be wary of Heat Wave. Faster foes that resist Brave Bird, namely Aerodactyl and Jolteon, will not like taking STAB Sucker Punches from the same Pokemon that 2HKOes defensive Swampert, a Pokemon that many teams relied on to check Dragon Dance Mence back when it wasn't banned. To damage the bulkier Electrics, Honchkrow can also opt to run Night Slash, OHKOing most Rotom and hurting defensive Zapdos. Though Honchkrow's middling Speed and terrible Defense stats are subpar, Honchkrow can capitalize upon switches with Spikes support, Pursuit, or even Roost to negate residual damage from Stealth Rock, Life Orb, Brave Bird recoil, and sand.
Instead of the mence example, other common sweepers eg DD Gyara are also dealth with by Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch helps with many faster offensive threats as it does a lot when unresisted. ie Honchkrow is a good check for many common sweepers.

Offensive Gengar

Gengar
Type: Ghost / Poison
Base Stats: 60 HP / 65 Atk / 60 Def / 130 SpA / 75 SpD / 110 Spe

Gengar's high Special Attack and Speed combined with an unpredictable moveset make it an extremely threatening Pokemon. Even though its movepool of damagiing attacks is rather limited (Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, and Explosion), Gengar's different sets are largely countered by different Pokemon. It frequently utilizes Substitute + Pain Split in conjunction with the perfect coverage provided by Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. Three attack sets add either Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Fire in place of Pain Split. Finally, Explosion, Hypnosis, and Protect also make familiar appearances on Gengar sets.
Mention Choice Scarf although it's pretty rare / nonexistent? >.> It's a set on its analysis... who uses that though, haha .-. Gengar also works pretty well as a lead with Icy Wind, Focus Sash, Counter. edit: still deciding whether we'd want those mentioned so leave it as it is for now~ :x

Aerodactyl
Type : Rock / Flygin
Base Stats : 80 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 60 SpA / 75 SpD / 130 Spe
Ability : Rock Head / Pressure

Aerodactyl is the fastest Pokemon in the metagame and in a metagame like the current one, this isn't a detail. Aerodactyl's most known set is the Lead one. That's useless to lie, this is best Lead in the metagame. With access to Taunt, Aerodactyl is the perfect Lead for every offensive team. In addition, you have a strong STAB with Stone Edge or even Rock Slide if you want to flinch your opponent. Underrated but extremely good in the current metagame, the Life Orb set is a perfect stallbreaker in addition of being a pain for an offensive team. With Taunt and Roost, Aerodactyl has no problem to destroy Skarmory, Gliscor (without Ice Fang), etc. This thing is faster than Starmie, Gengar, Infernape, Zapdos, Shaymin and OHKO or 2HKO them in return. A SubRoost with Taunt is also viable on it with a Bulky Spread. Since Aerodactyl is a Rock Pokemon, it can get a Boost in SpD with the Sandstorm so that means this is a good option to pair it with Tyranitar or Hippowdon....
Aero being the best lead is pretty subjective as there are also many other common leads that are used to counter Aero leads, eg Metagross, Machamp etc. The SpD boost doesn't really benefit Aero much as it'll still faint to almost any reasonably strong special attack and poor special bulk.

Swampert
Type: Water / Ground
Base Stats: 100 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 85 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Spe
Swampert is one of DPP OU's toughest walls to break. It is most commonly seen as a hazard setter, able to set down Stealth Rock while hitting its opponent back with Earthquake or Ice Beam coming off its decent mixed offenses. Roar gives it a means by which to phaze its opponents, preventing set up sweepers such as Gyarados from taking advantage of an uninvested Ice Beam, or make Suicune think twice about getting greedy with Calm Mind boosts. Curse allows it to boost its excellent physical bulk and offenses; it can even run a pseudo-CroCune set, slowly boosting its Attack and Defense to sky high levels while recovering all of its HP and relieving it from crippling status when it needs to. Despite these traits, it has low Speed and a crippling weakness to Grass, but even Grass-types must be careful not to switch into an Ice Beam or Avalanche.
Don't really know if it's an offensive or defensive entry. If the former, Choice Band Swampert needs to get a mention. If it's the latter, ignore me haha >.>

Weezing
Type: Poison
Base Stats: 65 HP / 90 Atk / 120 Def / 85 SpA / 70 SpD / 60 Spe

Weezing is quite the strange Pokemon, boasting a high Defense stat but low HP stat, as well as a Poison typing but immunity to Ground-type moves due to Levitate. Its movepool is just as strange, including options non-characteristic to a Poison-type like Fire Blast and Thunderbolt. However, all of these traits combine to create an excellent check to many top-tier physical attackers like Gyarados, Lucario, and Tyranitar. Due to Levitate, it can switch-in on powerful Ground-type attacks from the likes of Mamoswine and Hippowdon. It is among the few Pokemon to resist the famed EdgeQuake combo. Although its Special Defense stat is disappointing, it doesn't take very much damage from any of Celebi's attacks not named Psychic, an attack most Celebi don't carry, boasting an immunity to Earth Power and resistance to Grass-type attacks, as well as not being affected all that much by Thunder Wave and being immune to Toxic, with Hidden Power Fire not doing much damage either. Weezing has Fire Blast to take on Steel-types like Skarmory and Forretress, something less experienced players may not even expect. Thunderbolt does solid damage to bulky Water-types, the most notable of which being Gyarados, which it checks exceptionally well due to its great physical bulk. To top it all off, Weezing has recovery in Pain Split, which is great for wearing down opposing threats and is even better due to Weezing's low HP stat, turning that downside into a selling point. Access to Will-O-Wisp only furthers Weezing's ability to check physical attackers, with Taunt and even Explosion sometimes making an appearance. When Weezing comes out on the field, there are very few physical attackers that can beat it, and it is an excellent but rather rare Pokemon for that reason.

It does not resist EdgeQuake... Thunderbolt does like nothing significant to all bulky Water-types eg Vaporeon and Suicune... It's only usefula against Gyarados in terms of Water-types. Starmie can just Hydro Pump away. Weezing isn't exactly excellent... It's not too bad either but yea. It often serves as a niche Pokemon .-.

EDIT2:

Claydol
Type: Ground / Psychic
Base Stats: 60 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 70 SpA / 120 Def / 75 Spe

Claydol is among those niche Pokemon with limited use, but excel at their use, and Claydol's is the coveted combination of Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Claydol makes a decent spinner because it resists Stealth Rock and is immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes thanks to Levitate, as well as boasting resistances to Stone Edge, immunity to Earthquake, immunity to Electric-type moves, and resistance to Fighting-type moves, all combined with excellent defenses and a few offensive options that hit a few notable Pokemon super effectively. Even with such low offensive stats, Ground-type STAB is still Ground-type STAB, and that means Pokemon such as Metagross and Lucario will lose quite a chunk of their health to such attacks. Ice Beam threatens Flygon and Dragonite, both of which Claydol can check rather adequately. Claydol can even utilize Explosion and take out an opposing threat as it survives an attack. While very niche, Claydol's access to Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, as well as its unique set of resistances, particularly its rare resistance to the famed EdgeQuake combo, Claydol can function as a decent spinner and Stealth Rock setter for any team in need of such a Pokemon that needs both roles to be filled by one Pokemon.

Cresselia
Base Stats: 120 HP / 70 Atk / 120 Def / 75 SpA / 130 SpD / 85 Spe

Cresselia is blessed with the best defenses of almost every Pokemon usable in OU, allowing it to wall many powerful attackers. Although it does struggle against the very common Tyranitar and Scizor, as well as failing to do much lasting damage against anything with much bulk, it has enough bulk to repeatedly take hits and setup screens, whether it be just Reflect or both. Cresselia can use Thunder Wave to cripple the many faster Pokemon that fail to do any meaningful damage to it. Its STAB Psychic gives it super effective coverage on Infernape and other Fighting-types, as well as on Gengar. Ice Beam can take down Dragon-types, which Cresselia easily walls. Cresselia even has access to recovery in Moonlight, though it is crippled in sand and hail. Cresselia may also sport Charge Beam along with RestTalk and Ice Beam, with its great bulk allowing it to boost its Special Attack and have pseudo-BoltBeam coverage. A Calm Mind set can be used to take on many special sweepers and sometimes even pull off a sweep of its own. Cresselia has a niche as a user of screens due to access to Lunar Dance, which allows Cresselia to sacrifice itself and fully revive a teammate, acting even before entry hazards, so Pokemon in range of being KOed by entry hazards can have a second chance at life. Against a decent amount of OU threats, Cresselia can shine, walling them to no tomorrow, and although it falters against Tyranitar and Scizor, two very common Pokemon, it can do well against many other threats and is a wall to be reckoned with.

I am done ^_^ reserving Blastoise and Cradily

EDIT3:

lol wtf is Blastoise doing as a defensive threat it's an anti-lead

Blastoise
Base Stats: 79 HP / 83 Atk / 100 Def / 85 SpA / 105 SpD / 78 Spe

Blastoise has one niche and one niche only: it can function as an excellent anti-lead. Due to having access to STAB priority in Aqua Jet and Rapid Spin, Blastoise can take down many opposing leads. Hydro Pump followed by Aqua Jet will take down the majority of leads, allowing Blastoise to smack many common leads hard, including Aerodactyl, Azelf, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Swampert, and Machamp. Ice Beam gives a 100% accurate hit on Gliscor and hits Dragonite as well as Flygon. Blastoise's excellent defenses allow it to take a hit or two from these leads. If the opposing lead happens to be a hazard lead, Blastoise will likely outlast it and be able to spin away the hazards, making them a non-factor for its teammates throughout the match.

edit: Blastoise will either get an entirely new entry or be removed from the threatlist after discussing with Steven Snype. It's not an anti-lead :o

Cradily should probably be offensive as well (it's a Curse sweeper, it just happens to be quite bulky) although it is a bit more in the middle because it walls and sweeps at basically the same time.

Cradily
Type: Rock / Grass
Base Stats: 86 HP / 81 Atk / 97 Def / 81 SpA / 107 SpD / 43 Spe
Ability: Suction Cups

Cradily is an excellent Curse sweeper for a number of reasons. For one, its already stellar Special Defense stat gets boosted by 50% under sand, a very common weather condition due to the prevalence of Tyranitar. Also, it has a low Speed stat and usable Attack stat to abuse, as well as coveted access to Recover, giving it a niche as the only viable user of Curse that has reliable recovery. Cradily has all of the coverage it needs in pseudo-EdgeQuake, which very few Pokemon resist, all of which can be easily removed by the right teammates. Due to its excellent defensive stats and Recover, Cradily can often obtain multiple boosts to makes it attacks hit hard and make it nigh-impenetrable as a wall. Although it has a weakness to the very common Fighting-type attacks, that is its only negative attribute. With Suction Cups, it can't even be phazed, making one of the most common detriments to setup sweepers a non-issue. Cradily is a Pokemon to watch out for, as, although it is rarely seen, it could potentially setup to a point where it walls your entire team and OHKOes them as well.

Swords Dance might deserve a mention somewhere. It has good bulk to tank some hits and Recover off. It's pretty hard to take Cradily down even without Curse unless you have something like Close Combat. Mention mono-attacking Curse set with RestTalk. It's great for stalling and just Rock Slide everything when you're at +6, useful against some stall teams. Trick wrecks Cradily though.

Those are done too :DDD I will take the last unreserved Pokemon in Mesprit and Qwilfish. I will then check through all of my previous submissions and make sure all of the QC changes are implemented.

EDIT4:

Mesprit
Base Stats: 80 HP / 105 Atk / 105 Def / 105 SpA / 105 SpD / 80 Spe

Right at first glance, one can tell that Mesprit's excellent balanced stats will make it a force to be reckoned with. Due to its excellent defenses and stellar Special Attack stat, Mesprit can function as a utility Pokemon that can KO many top-tier threats, including Gyarados, Dragonite, Infernape, and Flygon. BoltBeam and STAB Psychic give it all of the coverage it needs, with very few Pokemon resisting the combination of the three. Mesprit also has access to Thunder Wave, which allows it to remedy its only below-average stat, its Speed. U-turn allows the Mesprit user to predict an incoming Tyranitar or Scizor and do solid damage in return thanks to Mesprit's 105 base Attack. It can even setup Stealth Rock, finding room for it when its teammates cannot, as Stealth Rock is a required move for pretty much all teams. Mesprit even has access to Trick Room, which allows it to function as both a standalone sweeper that no longer suffers for its below-average Speed stat and a supporter for teammates on the slower side. Mesprit can even don a Choice Scarf and become an excellent revenge killer, with U-turn keeping momentum on the Mesprit user's side and its coverage being impeccable. Levitate gives it a Ground-type immunity, granting it pretty much free revenge kills against any fast Pokemon with a Ground-type attack, such as Flygon and Aerodactyl. Overall, Mesprit's stellar balanced stats and solid movepool allow it to function as one of the best anti-metagame Pokemon, and is something every team should watch out for, regardless of how uncommon it is in reality.

EDIT5:

Qwilfish
Type: Water / Poison
Base Stats: 65 HP / 95 Atk / 75 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 85 Spe
Abilities: Swift Swim

Qwilfish is a very simple threat, the turns it is alive being a very simple process. First, a teammate sets up Rain Dance, preferable with Damp Rock to maximize the amount of turns Qwilfish has to sweep, in turn boosting Waterfall by an additional 50% and doubling Qwilfish's Speed thanks to Swift Swim. The next move is to switch Qwilfish into a resisted attack, hopefully a choiced one, setup Swords Dance, and proceed to have 4 turns to KO Pokemon on the opposing team. On the last turn of rain, although it could potentially be any turn, Qwilfish explodes, meaning something will die. This simple process is, in reality, a fairly easy sweep once the possible opposing Tyranitar or Abomasnow is removed. Other than that, Qwilfish has an excellent utility in removing Toxic Spikes, which rain teams hate, but there isn't much else. If you run into Qwilfish under rain and you are not prepared for it, you should be prepared for it to sweep you, simple as that.

Woohoo I am done with this stuff! I will now go through and make sure all of my previous entries are fixed with the QC changes. Yay!

EDIT6: I have finished updating all of my submissions with QC stuff, and deleted Jolteon to eliminate any sort of confusion. Yay done!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Swampert was a Defensive entry. Also you didn't say anything about Hippowdon, you sure it doesn't need any changes?

Jukain

!_!
thanks sandz, your changes are implemented except mentioning offensive CM 'cune, it is a defensive entry.

sandshrewz

POTATO
thanks sandz, your changes are implemented except mentioning offensive CM 'cune, it is a defensive entry.
Ok

Swampert was a Defensive entry. Also you didn't say anything about Hippowdon, you sure it doesn't need any changes?
Okay in reread Hippo. Mention that it walls many offensive Rock- and Steel-types forever such as CB Scizor, Metagross, Tyranitar etc. Specially defensive Hippo can also tank weak special attacks well. Should be all?

Anddd guys mention if your entries are offensive or defensive. It'll make it a lot easier to compile for Jeli too. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)