Dragging IceBug and Leethoof's Strongmons through Time (SS Refs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm going to take you both on a journey. What we learn is entirely up to you, but I do hope this is as fun as I imagine it would be. And so, Battle On!

The Code said:
1v1 Strongmon
1 Day DQ
2 chill/0 Recover
Abilities=All
Items=yes
Switch = Irrelevent
The Arena said:

Arena: Time Traveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. A river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide, and sunlight flutters softly down onto this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena so special?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate (Schroeder's Cat Principle. It's Quantum Physics, hard to explain). The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire Moves enjoy a +2BP Boost, while Water Moves suffer a -2BP Boost. In adition, all pokemon unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron under the harsh street lamps of the Big City. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel, Poison and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also be treated as if they have Dry Skin.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective, and will work with their maximum level of effectiveness. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.

And any other little place that may pop into the Ref's head, as long as it's simple.

Now, let's get on with the Competitors.

IceBug's Team!

Fossilus Armaldo (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack, Subtracts * from Special Attack)

Type: Rock/Bug
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 45
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Swift Swim: (DW) (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain

Attacks (20):

Scratch
Harden
Mud Sport
Water Gun
Metal Claw
Protect
Fury Cutter
Rock Blast

Cross Poison
Screech
Iron Defense

X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace

Aqua Tail
Endure
Stealth Rock

Leethoof's Team!

Probopass (Slag) (M)

Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Sp.Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +10% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)

Type:
Rock:
Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Surdy:This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Magnet Pull:This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions. Steel types cannot switch out in a Switch=OK battle while a Pokemon with Magnet Pull is on the field without the use of Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch.
Sand Force (DW) Locked:This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have the Base Attack Power increased by two (2). Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 6
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 6
Spe: 34 (40/1.15) (-10% evasion)
Short Class: 3
Magnetic Force Class: 7
Rank Total: 21

EC: 6/6
DC: 5/5

Attacks (33):
Tackle
Harden
Rock Throw
Block
Thunder Wave
Power Gem
Earth Power
Zap Cannon
Lock On
Magnet Rise
Gravity
Magnet Bomb
Iron Defense
Rest
Discharge

Endure
Double Edge
Stealth Rock
Pain Split
DynamicPAUNCH
Role Play

Smack Down
Thunderbolt
Sandstorm
Toxic
Protect
Flash Cannon
Volt Switch
Torment
Substitute
Hyper Beam
Taunt
Shock Wave

Solrock [Ra] (genderless)
Nature: Quiet (+Special Attack, -Speed)
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Levitate
: (Trait) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a flying type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

HP: 100
Attack: 3
Defense: 3
Sp. Attack: 3 (+)
Sp. Defense: 3
Speed: 60 (-)
Diameter Class: 2
Rock Class: 5
Rank Total: 17

EC: ...
DC: ...

Attacks(24):
Tackle
Harden
Confusion
Rock Throw
Fire Spin
Rock Polish
Psywave
Cosmic Power
SolarBeam
Explosion
Rock Slide

Sunny Day
Will-o-wisp
Trick Room
Psychic
Light Screen
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Charge Beam

Gravity
Earth Power
Zen Headbutt
Endure

Ahh, the Grove. It's quiet, it's comfortable, and the grass is sooo soft. Seriously, guys! You should feel this grass for a bit!

... No? Ohh well. I guess we can battle.

Leethoof Selects Pokemon and Items
IceBug Orders
Leethoof Orders
I Ref

Earthquake - Earthquake - Earthquake

Replace A2 and A3 with Brick break if Slag has taken flight with Magnet Rise.

Protect against Thunder Waves, only once in a row, and move actions back.

Pre-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 100
Stats: None
Abilities: Shell Armour | Swift Swim
Other: None

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 100
Spe: 34
Stats: -10 Eva.
Abilities: Sturdy | Magnet Pull | Sand Force

-------------------------

Round 1 Start!

You know, you guys aren't as fun as you used to be. Although I'm kinda glad that Leethoof's eased up on the Aron-hate, and Icebug's actually purchased a Syclant. I think we're all maturing, you know? Anyway, enough with my ramblings. Battle On!

Fossilus is the first to step up to the plate, tapping into the tectonics and causing an Earthquake, rocking the Forest and Slag hard. Slag, knowing the subtleties of its species, cleverly Levitates above the ground, out of the reach of his foes' SE moves.

Fossilus, oblivious to his opponents new immunity, shakes the ground once again with an Earthquake, felling a tree but damaging no one. Slag take advantage of this, collecting energy and firing off an impromptu Power Gem from out of its nose. That was weird and wonderful, all at the same time. Hmm.

Fossilus once again stamps angrily on the ground, frustrated that it's Earthquakes aren't taking any effect on it's opponent. Slag, feeling the strength from the Levitate failing, instead turns to Magnetism, Rising just a little bit higher off the ground.

And along comes Celebi, opening up a slip in Time/Space and taking us all to... Snowbound. The Frigid cold covers the forest, the lake iced over and the trees barren and snow-capped. Snow is falling now, and it would appear that both pokemon are uncomfortable with the sudden cold. This is SimonSays, and I'm glad I brought my Arcanine.

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 67

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 85
Other: Magnet Risen (6a)

Action 1:
Armaldo: Uses Earthquake! (7 En) (Crit <63, rolled 589) (10-1+(6-6)*1.5)*2.25= 20.25 = 20 Dmg!
Probopass: Activates Levitate Command! (5 En) Probopass rose up on its own Awesome!

Action 2:
Armaldo: Uses Earthquake! (7+4= 11 En) Missed!
Probopass: Uses Power Gem! (5-1= 4 En) (7+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 17.25 = 17 Dmg!

Action 3:
Armaldo: Uses Earthquake! (7+8 = 15 En) Missed!
Probopass: Uses Magnet Rise! (6 En) Probopass is Levitating on Magnetism! (6a)

End of Round:
Arena Roll: 1-8, rolled 7: Snowbound

Leethoof Orders
IceBug Orders
I Ref

No. Arons still suck.

Thunder Wave->Flash Cannon->Power Gem

IF he uses Brick Break AND you did not protect last action, then Protect, shifting actions down.

IF he uses Protect, then use Substitute (20) the first instance, Iron Defense the second, moving actions down.

Awww...feels sad for not being fun anymore...

Well, in order to not start losing in speed to a Probopass, I must embrace my inner movespam...NOT FUN SMASH PROBOPASS!!!

Brick Break - Brick Break - Brick Break

YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF, LEETHOOF!

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 67

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 85
Other: Magnet Risen (6a)

Round 2 Start!

More move SPAM?? I'll try to get this Round out quick.

Fossilus hits hard enough to Break Bricks, but is blocked by that Probopass' Protect.
Fossilus continues the Brick Breaking Assault on Slag. The Easter Island Doll takes the assault in stride, releasing an electrical (Thunder) Wave at Fossilus, inducing Paralysis.

Action 1 happens again, plus Critical Hit.

And with that boring repetition, Celebi returns, dragging everyone through time once again to... Midnight in a Perfect World. The sun's down, and Combee and Pidgey are sleeping soundly in the trees. There's such peace here... Let's try not to disturb them, please?

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 37
Spe: 45 (11.25)
Other: Paralyzed (20%)

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 43
Other: Magnet Risen (3a)

Action 1:
Probopass: Uses Protect! (7+5= 12 En) Protected itself!
Armaldo: Uses Brick Break! (6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 381) (8-1+(6-6)*1.5)*2.25 = 15.75 = 16 Dmg! Probopass Protected itself!

Action 2:
Armaldo: Uses Brick Break! (6+4 = 10 En) (Crit <63, rolled 692) (8-1+(6-6)*1.5)*2.25 = 15.75 = 16 Dmg!
Probopass: Uses Thunder Wave! (7 En) Armaldo is now Paralyzed! (25%)

Action 3:
Probopass: Uses Protect! (7+8= 15 En) Probopass Protected itself!
Armaldo: (Para <250, rolled 572) Uses Brick Break! (6+8= 14 En) (Crit <63, rolled 5) A Critical Hit! (8-1+3+(6-6)*1.5)*1.5 = 22.5 = 23 Dmg! Probopass protected itself!

End of Round:
Armaldo: Paralysis Lessens! (20%)
Arena Roll: 1-8, rolled 7: Midnight in a Perfect World.

IceBug Orders
Leethoof Orders
I Ref

EDIT: True, Fixing.

Aqua Tail - Brick Break - Aqua Tail

Protect Pain Split and move actions back, only once in a row.

Do all actions quietly so we don't wake the Combee.

Taunt->chill->Pain Split

I dont think this works, but it might.

IF Pain split counts as recovery for the 2/0 chills/recovers rule (it does), THEN chill->Flash Cannon->chill

Pre-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 37

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 43

Round 3 Start!

Here we are, back in that first forest. But it's so much different from then: The sun has long set upon the little grove, and an ambient Peace fills everyone hear. Perhaps it is the sweet scent drifting on the wind, or the way that soft snoring from among the trees. Either way, I could never bring myself to disturb these beautiful creatures.

Slag settles into the soft moss, relaxing its old bones and Chilling, restoring both energy and health. Fossilus feels the peace as well, but chooses to ignore it and draws on the moisture in the air, surrounding its Tail in Aqueous material and slamming it into the defenceless Probopass.

Not about to let itself be beaten up, Slag fires off another Flash Cannon, blasting his opponent Armaldo with light and energy. Fossilus isn't about to take it lying down, runs at his Easter Island Opponent and punches it with muscle-backed power, strength enough to Break Bricks.

Feeling strained from the battle, and perhaps taking advantage of this gorgeous serenity, Slag decides to Chill once again, as his opponent once again swings its mighty Aqua Tail and strikes its opponent for softened damage.

The combatants stare each other down, prepared for anything. And as Celebi warps reality once again around us, the forest loses it's gorgeous Moonlight to have it replaced by a burning inferno, a Firestorm that shows no signs of waning in strength. This is SimonSays, and I told you I would get this flavoured.

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 17
Other: Paralyzed (15%)

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 74

Action 1:
Probopass: Chilled! (+18 En) (+10HP)
Armaldo: (Para <200, rolled 929) Uses Aqua Tail! (7 En) (Crit <63, rolled 741) (9-1+(5-6)*1.5)*1.5 = 9.75 = 10 Dmg!

Action 2:
Probopass: Uses Flash Cannon! (6-1= 5 En) (8+3+(3-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 16.5 = 17 Dmg! (SpD drop <100, rolled 939)
Armaldo: (Para <200, rolled 882) Uses Brick Break! (6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 527) (8-1+(5-6)*1.5)*2.25 = 12.375 = 12 Dmg!

Action 3:

Probopass: Chilled! (+18 En) (+10HP)
Armaldo: (Para <200, rolled 621) Uses Aqua Tail! (7 En) (Crit <63, rolled 132) (9-1+(5-6)*1.5)*1.5 = 9.75 = 10 Dmg!

End of Round:
Probopass: Magnet Rise Faded!
Armaldo: Paralysis Lessens! (15%)
Arena Roll: 1-8, rolled 2: Forest Fire.

Leethoof Orders
IceBug Orders
I Ref

Flash Cannon->Power Gem->Flash Cannon

IF he uses Earthquake at all in the queue, then Magnet Rise A1 and shift things down.

IF he uses Brick Break, then Protect, but not twice in a row. The first sub overrides this one. (example: he orders Brick Break->Brick Break->Earthquake, I will Magnet Rise->Protect->Flash Cannon)

Chill - Brick Break - Earthquake

If he's Magnet Risen A3, switch to Brick Break!

Trololo, Leethoof.

(Can I be fun again, SimonSays, pretty please...!)

God dammit, I have reffed this round 4 times. But everytime I do, something fucks it up. I'm just so frustrated I could kick something.

IceBug, you are not entitled to a Move Substitution, because you are not ordering Second, and I wouldn't call it a Chance Substitution, because there isn't any "Chance" involved. Your substitution failed, but you are still fully entitled to be fun.

I will be doing this reffing in stages. Be patient, and I will VM when it's all done.

Pre-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 17
Other: Paralyzed (15%)

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 74

Round 4 Start!

Action 1:
Probopass:
Uses Magnet Rise! (6 En) Probopass rose up on Magnetism!
Armaldo: (Para. <150, rolled 16) Armaldo is Paralyzed! Paralysis Lessens! (Now 10%)

Action 2:
Probopass:
Uses Protect! (12 En) Probopass Protected Itself!
Armaldo: (Para <100, rolled 292) Uses Brick Break! (6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 337) (8-1+(6-6)*1.5)*2.25 = 15.75 = 16 Dmg! Probopass Protected itself!

Action 3:
Probopass:
Uses Flash Cannon! (6-1= 5 En) (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 18.75 = 19 Dmg! (SpDef Drop <100, rolled 671)
Armaldo: (Para <100, rolled 275) Uses Earthquake! (7 En) Missed!

End of Round:
Armaldo:
Paralysis Lessens! (Now 5%)
Arena Roll: 1-8, rolled 4: Storm.

Round 4 Ends!

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 4
Other: Paralyzed (5%)

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 51

IceBug Orders
Leethoof Orders
I Ref

Awww...but my semi-paradoxical Substitution was epic...it would have killed me though, since the RNG decided I can't have nice things like Energy...

Chill - Brick Break - Chill

If Protect A2, switch order of Chill and Brick Break.

Armaldo shouldn't have any problems in the storm thanks to Swift Swim, so hopefully he can still strike at regular priority...I hope Swift Swim counts as "comfortable in watery conditions", even though he isn't Water-type.

Armaldo was completely comfortable in the water. Unfortunately, Probopass wasn't in the water, and wasn't impeded either.

Pre-Round Information:

@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
Other: Paralyzed (5%)

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 51

Round 5 Start!

Action 1:
Probopass:
Uses Torment! (10 En) Armaldo is subjected to Torment!
Armaldo: (Para. <50, rolled 615) Chills! (+12 En)

Action 2:
Probopass:
Uses Taunt! (10 En) Armaldo is Taunted!
Armaldo: (Para <50, rolled 968) Uses Brick Break! (6 En) Failed, due to Torment!

Action 3:
Probopass:
Uses Thunder Wave! (7 En) Armaldo is Paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Armaldo: (Para <250, rolled 267) Chill fails, due to Taunt!

End of Round:
Probopass:
Magnet Rise wears off!
Armaldo: Paralysis Lessens! (Now 20%)
Arena Roll: 1-8, rolled 5: Deadland.

Round 5 Ends!

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 10

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 24

Leethoof Orders
IceBug Orders
I Ref

Yay sand force.

Rock SLide->Stone Edge->Rock Slide

IF Earthquake is ordered at all, then Magnet Rise. Screw protecting.

Armaldo, exhaust yourself, we can't use moves...

Brick Break - Aqua Tail - Scratch or something...

Welp, time to buy Superpower!

Pre-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:
En: 10

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 24

Round 6 Start!

Action 1:
Probopass:
Uses Rock Slide! (6-1= 5 En) (Miss <100, rolled 931) (8+3+2+(2-4)*1.5)*1.5 = 15 Dmg! (Flinch <300, rolled 222)
Armaldo: Flinched!

Action 2:
Probopass:
Uses Stone Edge! (7-1= 6 En) (Miss <200, rolled 512) (10+3+2+(2-4)*1.5)*1.5 = 18 Dmg!
Armaldo: (Para <200, rolled 533) Uses Aqua Tail! (6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 381) (9-1+(6-6)*1.5)*1.5 = 12 Dmg!

Action 3:
Probopass:
Uses Rock Slide! (6-1= 5 En) (Miss <100, rolled 966) (8+3+2+(2-4)*1.5)*1.5 = 15 Dmg! (Flinch <300, rolled 540)
Armaldo fainted!

From out of the swirling sands, Celebi comes out, taking us through Time for the last time. The forest is quiet, and the only signs of any battle that occurred are the tired battlers. "This has been an experience, for all of us. Time is a dangerous thing."

Round 6 Ends!

Post-Round Information:
@

Armaldo (Fossilus) [M]
HP:

@

Probopass (Slag) [M]
HP:
En: 8

Leethoof Wins!
Prizes!
Leethoof:
2 TC
Slag the PROBOPASS: 4 MC, 1 KOC

IceBug: 2 TC
Fossilus the ARMALDO: 4 MC

SimonSays: 2 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)