1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dragonite (Choice Specs) (QC O/3)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by MagicShedinja, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicShedinja

MagicShedinja

hi, this is my first post here on Smogon Forum, and with this i would like to show you this Dragonite set that i Discovered and use in BW1, and that can works well in BW2..

SpecsNite!!

[​IMG]

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast / Thunder / Fire Blast

• Dragonite is often use as a physical sweeper, it can also take the special route with his good 100 base Special Attack and his wide Special movepool.
    • it can seems outclassed by Latios and Hydreigon as a Special-Attacker Dragon-Type, but DNite has 2 Advantages: a powerful second STAB in Hurricane and the bulk provided by Multiscale
    • Hurricane is the main STAB to use because is reliable and, with a Modest nature, is more powerful than Tornadus-T one!
    • Draco Meteor is the other powerful STAB to use in early game, that can easily take out Rotom-W trying to enter on an Hurricane.
    • Surf is the main coverage move, that hits Steel-Types that resist Dragonite's STABs very hard.
    • the last slot rounds off the coverage: Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Magnezone very hard, Thunder is a powerful and accurate move under the Rain, and hits Water-Types harder, while Fire Blast is a more accurate move to kill Ferrothorn, Jirachi and Bronzong outside of Rain

Addictional comments

• the EVs Spread is pretty standard: max Special Attack with a Modest nature to hit as strong as possible, the other EVs goes in speed. you can use a Timid nature instead, but Dragonite doesn't outspeed anything rilevant, and hi need all the power it can get.
    • Politoed is the main teammate for Dragonite, The rain allows it to spam 100% accurate Hurricanes and thunders, and keep multiscale intact.
    • a spinner like Tentacruel or Starmie is appreciated, because this DNite has no recovery
    • Bliisey, Chansey and Tyranitar (if not using Focus Blast) can easily counter this set, so a strong Fighting-Type like Lucario or Terrakion is Helpful
    • last, Tornadus-T or Moltres can be Paired with Dragonite to make an Hurricane combo very difficult to counter in the long run...

Hope you like and try this set :)

last, a couple of things:

- because i'm new, i probably broke some rules by posting this, in that case i hope you can excuse me...

- i'm italian, so my english is not very good. sorry for all my grammatical errors :)
  2. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

hmm 100 SpA - it's pretty much outclassed... by everything. Not to mention mixed > special DDNite

QC Rejected
  3. ginganinja

ginganinja Member of the Gamefreak ORAS Balancing Team
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

QC REJECTED 2/3

Sorry man but Specs Dragonite doesn't quite cut it in BW2 im afraid. Don't let this rejection discourage you, as you did a good job presenting this (which loads of people neglect to do T_T)

Better luck next time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)