1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Dragonite (Choice Specs) (QC O/3)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by MagicShedinja, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicShedinja

MagicShedinja

hi, this is my first post here on Smogon Forum, and with this i would like to show you this Dragonite set that i Discovered and use in BW1, and that can works well in BW2..

SpecsNite!!

[​IMG]

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast / Thunder / Fire Blast

• Dragonite is often use as a physical sweeper, it can also take the special route with his good 100 base Special Attack and his wide Special movepool.
    • it can seems outclassed by Latios and Hydreigon as a Special-Attacker Dragon-Type, but DNite has 2 Advantages: a powerful second STAB in Hurricane and the bulk provided by Multiscale
    • Hurricane is the main STAB to use because is reliable and, with a Modest nature, is more powerful than Tornadus-T one!
    • Draco Meteor is the other powerful STAB to use in early game, that can easily take out Rotom-W trying to enter on an Hurricane.
    • Surf is the main coverage move, that hits Steel-Types that resist Dragonite's STABs very hard.
    • the last slot rounds off the coverage: Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Magnezone very hard, Thunder is a powerful and accurate move under the Rain, and hits Water-Types harder, while Fire Blast is a more accurate move to kill Ferrothorn, Jirachi and Bronzong outside of Rain

Addictional comments

• the EVs Spread is pretty standard: max Special Attack with a Modest nature to hit as strong as possible, the other EVs goes in speed. you can use a Timid nature instead, but Dragonite doesn't outspeed anything rilevant, and hi need all the power it can get.
    • Politoed is the main teammate for Dragonite, The rain allows it to spam 100% accurate Hurricanes and thunders, and keep multiscale intact.
    • a spinner like Tentacruel or Starmie is appreciated, because this DNite has no recovery
    • Bliisey, Chansey and Tyranitar (if not using Focus Blast) can easily counter this set, so a strong Fighting-Type like Lucario or Terrakion is Helpful
    • last, Tornadus-T or Moltres can be Paired with Dragonite to make an Hurricane combo very difficult to counter in the long run...

Hope you like and try this set :)

last, a couple of things:

- because i'm new, i probably broke some rules by posting this, in that case i hope you can excuse me...

- i'm italian, so my english is not very good. sorry for all my grammatical errors :)
  2. Pocket

Pocket Bringing the Afro to Space
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Leader

hmm 100 SpA - it's pretty much outclassed... by everything. Not to mention mixed > special DDNite

QC Rejected
  3. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

QC REJECTED 2/3

Sorry man but Specs Dragonite doesn't quite cut it in BW2 im afraid. Don't let this rejection discourage you, as you did a good job presenting this (which loads of people neglect to do T_T)

Better luck next time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)