Dragonite is Back!

That's why if you see the opponent has a Tyranitar or Doryuzu, you save your Terakion for that reason. Otherwise feel free to bring him out and wreck havoc. Don't forget he gets a SpD boost in the sand.

Scarf huh? You know there's always Rock Polish and Life Orb that will allow you to switch moves.

Thanks for the rate.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, and the SpD boost would really help. And as for not having a Scarf, Rock Polish should be fine. Like I said before, I'll test it.

Thanks for the rate.

Yeah, Terakion is (sorta) my revenge killer, and I never really thought about that, I'd like to give it a try, but I'm not sure what to replace. Maybe Earthquake?

Yeah, especially since both SE and Retaliation are both not very effective against steel types, and one in particular (a mole with metal drills for forearms) is giving this team problems.

Edit: Is special Azelf not working out, or has its moveset missed the update?
I'm dumb, I realized Retaliation really does suck (I thought it had double power if an ally fainted the turn before, too, which is wrong).

Thanks for the rate.

@Donny Mae.
I see what you mean. Stone Edge will stay.

@Zeburaika
Special Azelf just missed the update, sorry about that. I'll change it when I get a chance.

I just read through this really quickly and realized that this isn't a dream world team, besides from your suicune from the "tested pokemon" section none of your pokemon have DW abilities, so I'd suggest changing category first. I'll continue my rate later =P

Good luck nonetheless.

Putting Dream World before a team simply means it is to be played in the Dream World tier, rather than the Standard OU tier, and this team has been tested in Dream World, so it will stay the way it is.

Why not have multi-scale on your Dragonite?? In my testing, I have found it to be great-> way more survivability. If you wanted to do that I would suggest a rapid spinner to ease entry.

One other thing I noticed is you don't really have a way to inflict status on your opponents, might be a problem if your opponent has multiple methods to status you.

@G Nubz
The purpose of playing dream world is so that you can abuse some or many dream world abilities, if you play on standard OU you can still use released DW abilities without worrying about dream world threats, such as shadow tag shanderaa and perversity jadoraa.

OK.sooo...First,change you dragonite's set to this:

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SATK)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

It is more offensive and has more coverage.Lum berry cure confusoin and other things that can neutraliza your strategy.

second,change blaziken's set to:

Blaziken (M) @ Baloon
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Claw sharpen
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

you know the idea.Protect is a great choice,but i think claw sharpen more useful and offensive.Let's say that 75% of the times,CS was better to use and was the greatest option.Test is.It is better in my oppinion.Everybody has a hidden Equake,so use a ballon.Flareblitz+LO in 100HP is not a great idea too.SE is great for blaziken.

third:

change shaymin.i never used one.Try Jaroda in shaymin's place.Pickup that set with leaf storm and HP fire.Jaroda is faster and can be a monster with perversity.

Name: Offensive SubSeed
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pervesity
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Hidden Power [Fire] or [Ice]
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Leech Seed

OK?

try this vappy over kingdra.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.atk/4 DEF
Modest Nature
-Surf/Boiling Water
-Wish/substitute
-Ice beam
-Hidden Power [electric]

If you use dragonites with multi-scal,Taunt in azelf is an idea.

Thanks for the rates.

@tomcat13
Multi-Scale isn't being used on Dragonite because of Skymin. I hate that thing with a passion, and if I don't have Dragonite, I'm swept. And I would like something to inflict status with, I just don't know where to fit it in.

@TM13IceBeam
My bad, didn't notice. Thanks for letting me know.

@PunkWafflezXD
Why do you keep trying to get me to change it to Standard OU? I know what I can do, and I like to have the option to use Dream World abilities if I want to.

@Petyr
I've said this time and time again, Dragonite's ability will not be changed to Multi-Scale because of Skymin. If Skymin goes Uber, then I will use it. But as for the Lum Berry, that seems like it would work. I'll give it a try. The Claw Sharpen Blaziken set does seem like it would work pretty well, since the opponent usually switches when I try to Protect anyway. But if that doesn't work out, I will definitely use the Balloon. Like you said, Flare Blitz and Life Orb give too much recoil. Now for Jarooda. That does seem like it would work pretty well, but its walled by Heatran pretty easily. I'll give it a try though. And as for Vaporeon, I've tried that before, as you can see in the tested pokemon section. It doesn't say it was tested over Kindgra, but it was tested over Starmie which Kingdra replaced. So that isn't going to happen.

Excuse the pun please but dosnt kingdras rain dance dampen blazikens chances of a sweep? Reading through it just seemed to me that you wouldnt want one of blazikens powerful stab moves halved but if it works out great. I dont know if this would work but what about scarf infernape instead of terakion

Infernape@ choice scarf
ability: blaze if you use fire blast iron fist if you use fire punch
evs: Hasty nature 252 speed 192 attack 64 special attack if you use fire blast/
Jolly nature 252 speed 252 attack 4 hp if you use fire punch
Close combat
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fire blast/ fire punch

you can still kill blissey or chansey you get a fast scout with u turn which is nice you have stone edge for dragonite, salamence, gyarados all of which infernape outspeeds even after a dragon dance and hits hard with stone edge, which also hits shandera, urugamosu and various flying types hard. The fire move gives another stab option and gets pretty good coverage with fire rock and fighting. I dont know if this would work but I think its worth a shot.

Thanks for the rates (and Happy New Year)

@Roger Fox
Rain Dance usually doesn't hurt Blaziken at all. When Kingdra does set up a Rain Dance, it stays in for most of the turns, if not all. As for Infernape, it seems viable, I'll give it a try. Only problem with it that I can see is not having a Doryuuzu counter, which Terakion did quite nicely thanks to the balloon.

@tomcat13
Once Skymin goes Uber, it'll be changed immediately.

Also, I'm updating the thread with some changes from before.

Hello there, and Happy New Year! I'm not much of a rater but I'll try.

Boiling Water seems futile on your Kingdra considering you are trying to running a shut-down set, therefore hydro pump or surf would benefit you a lot. Turning 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Like the people above me commented, I highly recommend multi-scale Dragonite considering it can take non-boosted stone edges like a champ if you're running a more bulky spread. More bulky means more DDs right? Try the bulky set on the smogon analysis page.

Honestly I hate suicide leads, if Azelf seems to be working well try to run a more bulky lead like Metagross which can benefit your team more, after all you seem to be lacking a defensive core and because it is steel it can shield Dragonite from Draco Meteors. Give Metagross somewhere beteween 52-104 SpD evs.

Other than that great team!

Thanks for the rates.

@aussieman000
I didn't realize where his HP was. Thanks for letting me know, I'll change it.

@ch00b
I recall putting Hydro Pump on Kingdra before, I guess I just forgot to update the thread. As for Dragonite, Multi-Scale will go on as soon as the new bans take effect. Skymin has been banned (or so I've heard), so once it gets put into place, it'll be changed. Azelf usually doesn't go down in the first 1 or 2 turns, I usually set up Stealth Rock and U-Turn out of there, but I will give Metagross a try. Being shielded from Draco Meteor is a big plus, so I will test it.

Also, I'm updating the thread with a few minor changes.

Claw Sharpen is translated to Hone Claws (though I admit Claw Sharpen sounds better).

All of your pokemon have absolute maximum speed, I noticed.

As for actual rating, I think Hone Claws Blaziken isn't as good as Swords Dance Blaziken, though a while back you said you probably wouldn't run Hydro Pump on Kingdra because of your luck. If you do use Hone Claws, Blaze Kick is an option, but since you aren't running Life Orb and after one use of Hone Claws then Hi Jump Kick has 120% accuracy, recoil from Flare Blitz is probably worth 35 BP and 100% accuracy before Hone Claws.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
@senior, Jolly allows it to outspeed Doryuuzu in the sand after 1 rock polish. Speaking of Terakion, Fighting and Ground is horible coverage, earthquake has to go (unless you really want to hit poison types and the one non levitating/flying electric type that usually has balloon harder). Try Swords Dance, as it allows Terakion to rip through stalish teams. I don't understand the choice of signal beam on Kingdra, as water/dragon hits everything save Empoleon,Shedinja, and Nattorei for neutral damage. This slot frees up a slot for the use of substitute, easing predictions for yourself. If you do this, than sub+LO damage will be taking it's tole, so I'd replace Life orb with Lum berry. Good Luck on your team!

Thanks for the rates.

@Mr.Senior
Like kingofkons said, Jolly allows Terakion to outspeed Doryuuzu in the sand after 1 Rock Polish.

@kingofkongs
I see your point with the Fighting and Ground, but I'd hate to put on Swords Dance. I'll try other things to replace Earthquake. Also, Signal Beam on Kingdra does help, but I usually go with Hydro Pump or Dragon Pulse anyway. A Substitute does seem like it would be a good idea, I'll give it a try

And as always, I'm updating the thread with a change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)