Dragonitemare [Retired, Free to use]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMPesce, you took the words right out of my mouth. Your thinking is identical to mine and you gave great suggestions, as if you use this team every day. Thanks!
Things of note:
-I'm trying to make a test team with Tentacruel in the team. That,however, calls for several changes to make it fit. I'm still working on it.
-I have Air Balloon on Heatran before you posted, but I forgot to update the RMT. Fixed.
-After some consideration, I have decided to run Psychic on Latios over Psyshock after several suggestions. If I begin having major issues I'll have to resort to Psyshock again.

JMPesce, you took the words right out of my mouth. Your thinking is identical to mine and you gave great suggestions, as if you use this team every day. Thanks!
Things of note:
-I'm trying to make a test team with Tentacruel in the team. That,however, calls for several changes to make it fit. I'm still working on it.
-I have Air Balloon on Heatran before you posted, but I forgot to update the RMT. Fixed.
-After some consideration, I have decided to run Psychic on Latios over Psyshock after several suggestions. If I begin having major issues I'll have to resort to Psyshock again.
Ah, that's just what I see when I look at the team, just to try and make it tighter and with less weaknesses overall. I'm glad I could be of service, great changes! :)

I would replace Leftovers with Lum Berry on Dragonite. That way, it will no longer fear status. Cool team BTW! :P

I have a stallbreaker Mew and a Rapid Spinner, basically meaning the only thing that will break my Multiscale is weather. Because of this, and the fact my Leftovers has saved me from priority and powerful hits time and time again means I'm reluctant to try Lum Berry. Thanks for the suggestion though.
PS: Added a secondary team section to the bottom of my RMT, Tentacruelnight. Because nitemares are cruel, and they're at night....I tried, okay? It's hard to come up with good names.

Love this team.
Only I would toss a lum berry on dnite and give him earthquake.
Lum gives you a free turn of set up. the beauty of a lum though, if you do get to set up and noone forces you to use it, you can use outrage all over again as it cures the confusion. That has saved me a couple of times. I prefer earthquake over extreme speed, but it seems to work well for you like this.

One other option I just thought of, would be to switch mew for a magic bounce espeon. He can run a similar set with psychic. Scares ppl off of setting up(which allows you to not worry so much about rapid spinning hazards away to bring out d-nite) and completely shuts down status spreaders, and laughs at breloom. Makes your team a little more fun to play with as well.

As I've said in previous posts, I'm going to stick to leftovers for now. While Espeon has superior speed and Sp. Atk, it fails to be able to use Will-o-wisp and has terrible bulk, eliminating the purpose of my Mew entirely. If I used Espeon, it would also nullify my Tentacruel(replaced starmie officially, removed Tentacruelnight) from being usable.
Thanks, but no thanks.

The team works like a dream now, the Tentacruel really made a difference!

Great job, KorKonT! I would Luvdisc this thread if I could!

I'm actually amazed at how good this team turned out. For being merely an adaption of several attempts at smashpass teams, I don't get why it became a ladderable team. Not complaining though! =) With Tentacruel on the team, I don't feel as if I'll lose ANY battle. It's a great feeling to know there's no real single counters to a team. The only thing I really CAN NOT beat is Wobbuffet, which I think should be banned despite usage. It wasn't broken with all the broken heavy hitters around, but it sure is now.

I'm actually amazed at how good this team turned out. For being merely an adaption of several attempts at smashpass teams, I don't get why it became a ladderable team. Not complaining though! =) With Tentacruel on the team, I don't feel as if I'll lose ANY battle. It's a great feeling to know there's no real single counters to a team. The only thing I really CAN NOT beat is Wobbuffet, which I think should be banned despite usage. It wasn't broken with all the broken heavy hitters around, but it sure is now.
You're walled by Suicune. I can't seem to beat CM Variant at all.

I have Toxic Spikes and Will-o-Wisp on the team. Suicune is poisoned on the switch and Tentacruel and Mew can stall it out. If it tries to set up, it's going to die. Tentacruel resists all of Suicune's options(other than HP electric, but once again this isn't going to kill me as it's poisoned and going to be dead soon), and by the time it gets enough boosts to kill it, not including using protect for extra stall, it will be either dead or weak enough to either U-turn or Extremespeed it. No Suicune weakness as long as you play the team correctly.
Besides, Suicune isn't exactly a common threat.
PS: You're using my team? =/ I'm fine if you use it as long as its for threat testing, but at least tell me.

I have Toxic Spikes and Will-o-Wisp on the team. Suicune is poisoned on the switch and Tentacruel and Mew can stall it out. If it tries to set up, it's going to die. Tentacruel resists all of Suicune's options(other than HP electric, but once again this isn't going to kill me as it's poisoned and going to be dead soon), and by the time it gets enough boosts to kill it, not including using protect for extra stall, it will be either dead or weak enough to either U-turn or Extremespeed it. No Suicune weakness as long as you play the team correctly.
Besides, Suicune isn't exactly a common threat.
PS: You're using my team? =/ I'm fine if you use it as long as its for threat testing, but at least tell me.
Yeah, I'm just testing out the kinks for you. I want this team to be perfect as badly as you, it's my favourite on the forum :P

I have been using your team for the dark horse challenge and it works like a complete dream, except that i find rain teams to be a problem with the only super effective hit on water types is an unstabed hidden power grass on heatran, who usally gets outsped and OHKOed by water type attacks. So i guess im asking how do you beat rain teams when using this team i have serve problems with it.

Rain teams are not much of an issue for me. Latios and its Expert Belt and type coverage makes quite a few rain teams tremble. With the most common water type being Rotom-W, which is taken out by both Heatran and Latios, it's basically non-issue. The only real rain problem is hydration stallers such as Vaporeon. With roar, I can't set up on it. With its bulk, I can't revenge kill it. With mew gone, I'm completely screwed.
And also, I've recently stopped playing Pokemon for a while to focus on other things, such as MW3 and OoT 3D Master Quest. Got a lot for christmas, youknow?

So I've tested this team and have run into problems with both blisey and suicune wish/protect stalls. Maybe I'm not using it correctly, but stall seems to be a big issue.

I would agree with the stall problem if any status gets on dragonite that's just gg form there.
You must be using the team wrong. Stallbreaker Mew and Tentacruel and Heatran are all there specifically to stop all stall but HydrationWish/HydrationRest. Tentacruel's rapid spin allows me to keep stealth rock off Dragonite, while Dragonite is immune to all Spikes. With mew, I punish anyone who tries to use status by inflicting them with the same status. As vaporeon has roar, it won't bother to use Scald in fear of losing the luck draw and being swept(if the player's smart, at least). with Latios' Psychic, it pressures Vaporeon and drains its PP rather quickly, allowing Dragonite to come in without it being able to stall(or it'll be so weak it will die from Dragon Claw. With Stealth Rock off the field by this time, Roar will do nothing to me and simply drain its PP.
TL;DR: No stalling problem, you just have to be smart with how you play.

Thunder is far too inaccurate, and it has surf which is most of the time better, I'm considering testing for members to my team that can do the current one's job more effectively.
Recent additions: With Tenacruel on the team to absorb fighting-type blows, Psyshock is back on Latios.

Thunder is far too inaccurate, and it has surf which is most of the time better, I'm considering testing for members to my team that can do the current one's job more effectively.
Recent additions: With Tenacruel on the team to absorb fighting-type blows, Psyshock is back on Latios.
I put thunder in for fighting rain teams which make it 100% and i didn't take out surf i took out hp fire because it is useless against rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)