Dream World Council Applications (Congrats to IFM and Harsha!)

Slots have opened up, so it's time for applications again. As always, applicants will be evaluated on your ladder, forum, and IRC presence (hint: talk in #dw). I've trimmed down the number of seats a bit. We'll be looking for nine members in total this round, so in other words two (or perhaps three, as I'm considering not voting in order to remain objective, since I'm the one who chooses what is voted on.) Former council members can reclaim their seats if they become active again, and have a very small bit of priority over other applicants. Just because you were on the council doesn't guarantee you're getting back on though, so keep that in mind.

Current Members:

Tobes (Leader)
Hawkstar
jrrrrrrr
mostwanted
Omicron
shrang
Taylor

I'm looking for a minimum of 1400 points on ladder (1500 is preferable though), as well as healthy IRC presence and a decent amount of intelligent forum posts throughout the whole application period.

Deadline is May 24th.

EDIT: DW-related activity in #pokemon will now also be taken into consideration.

Hi again!

I guess you could say I'm fairly active in this forum and I don't intend to slow down. I've played Dream World extensively and I know the ins and outs of the metagame. I also think I can cooperate well with others, so don't worry about complaints or anything from me. Anyways I'd be glad to be on the council of one of my favorite tiers, and I'll definitely make sure I'm active if chosen. Thanks!

Hello!

I didn't see the council applications last time, but I would love to become a part of the DW Council! As a DW player myself /braggartbeginetcetc I am one of two people with a DW RMT in the RMT Archive, and I was also the first person to break the 1600 point barrier this ladder reset. I have made several (original) teams and I know the metagame extensively. I can cooperate with others when need be, and DW is one of the funnest tiers in my opinion! I can help others with teambuilding, ideas, or anything, and would thoroughly enjoy being apart of the DW Council! I'm typically found in #DW so activity isn't an issue, and I hope you consider me!

Hi there n_n

So I've been pretty active in DW for the past couple of months and I've pretty much fallen in love with it; there was a point when I laddered every day for over a month but now I only get to ladder once a day at best. I'd say I've been pretty active in #dw for a while now (I mean I earned vops in #dw lol). I don't have any ladder peaks at the moment but I've broken 1400 on a few occasions. When I can get you a recent screenshot I'll update this post :)

Thanks for listening n_n

edit: I can't take screenshots on this computer :/ I peaked at about 1400 about 3 weeks ago, been hanging around 1300 since then.

'lo

First time i have tried DW was a couple of months ago (like 2) and enjoyed it but i didnt really kept playing it, now that i tried it again i enjoyed even more and i would love to collaborate to it's tiering. Been active in #dw and i talk about dw on that chan or everytime i catch a dw discussion in pokemon o well.
As for Ladder standing my best rating was 1596 (even though i was #2) and i have peaked #1 on 05/15/2012 with 1582 points after laddering for a week or two

Hey,

I'm pretty new to smogon but have been laddering for a while and am really interested in the DW metagame. I've been making lots of comments on RMTs and am expanding to other areas of DW. I've posted two DW RMTs for teams that have made the top 5 (one of which was #1). I co-won the #pokemon DW challenge with ShakeItUp and got a rating of 1679 on one account, as well as having three of my accounts in slots 1, 2, and 3 for a long stretch. I also am 1 & 2 on the ladder atm. As I said, I'm pretty new to smogon, but really want to get more involved and would love to be considered for a spot on the council.

I'm pretty technoilliterate, so I'm not totally sure how to get a screenshot in of my peak, but I have one where I'm 1, 2, and 3 with the 1679 peak. I'm also #2 in the aforementioned picture.

EDIT: Broke 1700. Also #s 1, 2 and 5 in jimbon's picture

Hello,

I have been playing Dream World almost exclusively since the dawn of B/W and I have a very good understanding of the current metagame. I have made many successful teams and peaked #1 a couple months back before and after the ladder reset. I have also submitted a few of my teams on the RMT sub forum to raise awareness about common Dream World playstyles. I am very interested in helping to contribute to the Dream World tier as it is my favourite and most played metagame. I'm also pretty active on #dw and like to talk about the metagame. I don't ladder as much as I used to but I feel like this could get me back into the rhythm. As for ladder standings, this was after 2 days of re laddering, I'm sure I could get higher if I played more.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Mr. Leader Tobes

I name is idiotfrommars. I play DW. I lead the PO DW tier. I like to talk about dreamworld on exciting irc channels like #dw and #dwcouncil. I don't like Garchomp. One day I decided to play dreamworld on the Smogon server. I picked the name Elementz. I laddered to around 1500 and got top five on the ladder before the reset. I then got busy in school. I had to stop playing my beloved dreamworld. I then finished exams and started playing again about a weak ago, but evil moderator Tobes had removed my council spot. I laddered day and night and was finally able to get back up to 1400. I am now posting my application for my council spot. I hope you consider it.

Screenshot:

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well i guess i'll post on the deadline.
I left smogon for a while, and when i came back, i had no luck playing in OU. This is when one of my friends introduced me to DW OU. I found it to be a very fun tier, and i try to be involved, but frequent irl events occur, leaving me busy sometimes. I can be available if need be, however.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to these two! They are some of the hardest workers in Dream World, from the forums to the ladder. Can't wait to see where the metagame goes from here!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do we really need to make Harsha feel more important than he is? Congrats guys, can't wait to see what results from this.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
so you kick me off the council for these two chumps? oh lord

jks, congrats guys, unban darkrai and i'll befriend you maybe :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)