Dream World UU

I know that Scrafty isn't UU here, but I wanted to post this because these forums give good comments. As of recently, this team got to 48 on the DW UU ladder on Beta.

Crobat (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

Crobat is such a good lead. Taunt is to stop opposing leads from setting up SR, TR, and other stuff. I chose Acrobatics over BB because I want to preserve Crobat's natural bulk and with the Gem, it often 2HKO's most things. U-Turn is nice for scouting and also keeping up the offensive momentum, breaking Sashes, etc. Roost can be handy when it nullifies Ice, Electric, and Rock weaknesses. Here is my breakdown of how I deal with common leads:
Donphan: Taunt to prevent Rocks, if they Ice Shard that shows they are a smart player, so I go to Amoonguss to Spore or Stun Spore. If they try to set up Rocks I U-Turn to Porygon-Z to KO with Ice Beam.
Ambipom: I’m faster, and Inner Focus prevents flinch from Fake Out so Acrobatics right away to KO.
Those are the leads that I have most commonly seen. Taunt shuts most leads down. Acrobatics, which is a good attacking type and hits ridiculously hard, is good for an attacking type. Crobat has a nifty set of resistances, 4x resisting Bug, Fighting and Grass. The given EVs let Crobat hit a Speed stat of 380, which is enough to outspeed most things, I find. If someone could provide a better benchmark for it to hit I would really appreciate it. Attack is maxed so Crobat can get KO’s easier, and the rest are dumped into HP for added bulk.

Type Synergy:
Electric: Amoonguss
Ice: Arcanine, Azumarill
Rock: Scrafty
Psychic: Scrafty

Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Clear Smog
Amoonguss is the bulkiest thing this side of BL I have seen in a while. Massive HP and decent defenses, along with a great defensive typing makes it a long-lasting addition to my team. The added bonus of perhaps the best move in the game, Spore, solidified Amoonguss’ walling capabilities. Spore, an obvious choice for any set, wreaks havoc with offensive and stall teams. I hesitate to Spore right after coming in, because of Sleep Clause, so I usually lead off with Stun Spore unless I really need to shut down a threat to my team. Spore gives Scrafty or Porygon-Z a safe switch-in to come in and start setting up or sweeping. Fighting-types are extremely powerful this generation, so having atleast two resistances to it was a priority for me. Giga Drain is selected over Energy Ball for the negligible drop in BP and the additional healing. Clear Smog halts set-up sweepers in their tracks and provides coverage for opposing Grass-types. The EVs place an emphasis on walling physical sweepers, as the special sweepers in UU are less of a threat.

Type Synergy:
Ice: Azumarill, Arcanine
Psychic: Scrafty
Fire: Azumarill, Arcanine
Flying: None

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Frustration
- Superpower
In my opinion, Azumarill is one of the most potent priority users, on the same level as Scizor. Huge Power, Max Attack, and a Choice Band gives Azumarill massive Attack, and coupled with a 60 BP priority attack, is a solid counter to many frail sweepers. For example, Nidoking is always cleanly OHKOed by Aqua Jet, while Azumarill, with its significant bulk, takes little from an incoming Ice Beam or Flamethrower. The other three attacks are rather trivial, but can be useful. For example, Bronzong is 2HKOed by Waterfall, and Superpower 2HKOs Registeel and probably Ferroseed. Frustration has great coverage with Aqua Jet/Waterfall, and is typically used on the switch. Azumarill also is part of my F/W/G “core”, walling many potent threats and threatening back.

Type Synergy:
Electric: Amoonguss
Grass: Amoonguss, Arcanine

Arcanine (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- ExtremeSpeed
Bulky Arcanine is rarely seen, but I have found it to be a useful tool. First of all, Intimidate neuters many physical attackers, and her Fire-typing has excellent synergy with Amoonguss. Impressively, Arcanine “beats” Milotic on full health one-on-one, taking just over half from Surf to Toxic the bulky Water, so I can then switch out to Amoonguss to stall her out. Morning Sun is pretty reliable recovery. E-Speed allows me to finish off weakened foes, and is usually my main attack. Flare Blitz is if I need to hit something pretty hard, while the recoil is troubling, it’s my best attack. The given EVs make Arcanine very bulky and tough to kill.

Type Synergy:
Ground: Crobat
Rock: Scrafty
Water: Amoonguss, Azumarill

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Rest
Scrafty is one of the new fighting types this generation. Along with the boost Drain Punch got and Scrafty’s impressive defenses, he becomes a threatening sweeper if he is allowed to get a few Bulk Ups in. Amoonguss’ Spore allows him to do this. While his average speed may seem a problem, access to a great ability lets Scrafty perform a unique task. Shed Skin coupled with rest prevents him from being hindered by status problems and grants him instant recovery. Shed Skin has a 1/3 chance every turn of being healed of a Status condition, meaning on average Scrafty should wake up from Rest earlier. Crunch and Drain Punch give him powerful dual STABs that are resisted by only a handful of Pokemon. His fighting weakness necessitated the addition of Amoonguss and Crobat, checking the fighting types that could otherwise run rampant through my team. Overall, Scrafty is a powerful sweeper that only needs a few boosts to run through a team. The EVs are to make his set-up process as easy as possible, and to make up for his otherwise disappointing speed.

Type Synergy:
Flying: None
Fighting: Amoonguss, Crobat

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick
Porygon-Z is infamous for being the only special sweeper to be able to break the behemoth that is Blissey. Now, it has fallen out of favor due to new and powerful threats, such as Reunicleus or Chandelure, and also heightened speed tiers. Nevertheless, Porygon-Z, who boasts a massive special attack stat, a fantastic ability, and an excellent movepool. I chose a Specs set over a Nasty Plot set because of the raw power off the bat, and Trick. Porygon-Z is not commonly seen with Trick, as Manectric or one of the Rotom Formes typically utilize it. This gives me an element of surprise over my opponents. Tri-Attack is the necessary STAB, and Adaptability boosts it even further, making it the main attack. Together, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam give nearly unresisted coverage. The EVs are self-explanatory for a sweeping set, with a Timid nature to boost Porygon-Z’s unremarkable speed.

Type Synergy:
Fighting: Amoonguss, Crobat

Threat List:

Heracross – Usually seen with a Scarf, Heracross is a significant threat to my team, as it can hit all fairly hard. It can halt Scrafty’s sweep unless he has 3 or more Bulk Ups on, and with proper prediction, can hardly be stopped. The first sight of him I go to Crobat to wall his CC or Megahorn and threaten with Acrobatics. The second type around, I might get predicted and Crobat will go down to a Stone Edge, so then I go to Amoonguss. Arcanine could also check him, if necessary.

Nidoking – Azumarill

Arcanine – My Arcanine to Intimidate then stall with Morning Sun or go to Azumarill to revenge.

Staraptor – Azumarill can easily revenge after a KO. None of my team can take Brave Birds particularly well, so Staraptor is tough to deal with.

Victini: Azumarill takes a V-Create with about 50%, and repeated switching in and out by Victini can be difficult to handle. Arcanine or Scrafty if he has boosts can also deal.

Feraligatr: Switch to Amoonguss on the DD. +1 Ice Punch will not KO from full health and I can spore the big monster asleep.

More threats for me to cover would be helpful, but I haven’t faced anything really scary outside of those 5.

Thanks for reading!

Pretty cool team, although you should switch Black Sludge to Leftovers on Amoonguss. You don't want your opponent to take the Sludge with Trick, and then Trick it onto something else, like your Arcanine, do you?

I'd consider Download over Adaptability on P-Z. Then you can run Scarf instead of Specs. As long as Download activates, you get to come in with +1 SpA and +1 Spe from the Scarf. That's basically a special version of Dragon Dance, if you will. P-Z already hits incredibly hard, while you said yourself that its speed leaves something to be desired. Give it a shot, maybe this will remedy the situation.

Good luck with your team! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)