Started from the bottom...
move 1: Acrobatics
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Destiny Bond
move 4: Substitute
item: Flying Gem
evs: 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of the rare Unburden ability that Drifblim possesses. Given the right circumstances, it can reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can usually guarantee a kill if played correctly due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drifblim such as Ludicolo. Common Rapid Spin users such as Armaldo are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond. Drifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist its Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to weather teams and even sweep with the Unburden boost. Another thing that is notable about Drifblim is that it's one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck; it resists all of the latter's attacks bar the rare Wild Charge and can OHKO it with Acrobatics.</p>
<p>Flying Gem doubles the Base Power of Acrobatics while also activating Unburden when the move is used. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden; as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it through Destiny Bond. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Pokemon such as Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun.</p>
<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed +1 positive-nature base 100 Speed Pokemon and those with Choice Scarf. These are just about the fastest threats in NU, meaning that Drifblim can outspeed almost everything after an Unburden boost. The extra investment in Special Defense also makes Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it can survive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo and has a chance to survive an uninvested Ice Beam from Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute as it can be very useful to hit other priority users such as Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything besides its STAB Acrobatics.</p>
<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin. Any attempts made to Rapid Spin will only give Drifblim an opportunity to set up. Hence, Pokemon that can set up entry hazards are great teammates for it. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock as well as spin them away so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls, such as Cryogonal, it makes a good partner to any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo comes to mind, as the aforementioned wall is one of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, but must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate, such as Torterra or Exeggutor, that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents is a good option to use.</p>
- Takes full advantage of Unburden and can sweep in the right circumstances
- Will generally get a kill or two every match, due to Unburden + Destiny Bond.
- Lures Cryogonal and OHKOes with Acrobatics.
- Cripples Armaldo with Will-O-Wisp does a heavy amount of damage with Acrobatics
- Very efficient check to Sawsbuck, only fearing the rare Wild Charge. Not 3HKO’d by Life Orb Horn Leech, immune to other moves. Will OHKO back with Acrobatics.
- Decent check to Ludicolo, only rain boosted Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO, while Acrobatics will OHKO Ludicolo.
- Acrobatics as very powerful STAB move, boosted by Flight Gem
- Will-O-Wisp is to cripple rock types that can easily switch in on Acrobatics, wearing them down and allowing Drifblim to sweep later on.
- Destiny Bond pairs with Unburden to take something will Drifblim as it dies.
- Substitute is to avoid Sucker Punch, particularly from Absol. It also forces the opponent to attack you and is very effective with Destiny Bond as they will often try to status you.
- With the given EVs and the Unburden boost, it will outspeed postive nature base 100 Scarf Pokemon, almost the entire metagame.
- Has a chance to survive LO Magmortar Thunderbolt, never OHKO’d by Magmortar Fire Blast. Also lives LO Ludicolo Ice Beam. Also has a good chance to survive 0 Satk Cryogonal Ice Beam after Stealth Rock.
- Sucker Punch can be used over Substitute, useful to hit other Priority users like Samurott, as well as making other Sucker Punches fail.
- Can also go mixed with Shadow ball to take on Torkoal and Rock-types easier. Lacks power with Acrobatics though.
- Hazard support is essential to force the opponent to spin. Armaldo can set up Stealth Rock and spin away other Stealth Rock
- Makes a great partner for anything that wants to get rid of Cryogonal (Ludicolo).
- Walled by Rock-types (Golem, Regirock). A Grass-type such as Exeggutor or Torterra is useful to switch in on and beat these opponents.