Drifblim (Acrobatics) [GP 2/2]

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Drifblim

[SET]
name: AcroBlimp
move 1: Acrobatics
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Destiny Bond
move 4: Substitute
item: Flying Gem
ability: Unburden
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 200 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of the rare Unburden ability that Drifblim possesses. Given the right circumstances, it can reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can usually guarantee a kill if played correctly due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drifblim such as Ludicolo. Common Rapid Spin users such as Armaldo are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond. Drifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist its Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to weather teams and even sweep with the Unburden boost. Another thing that is notable about Drifblim is that it's one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck; it resists all of the latter's attacks bar the rare Wild Charge and can OHKO it with Acrobatics.</p>

<p>Flying Gem doubles the Base Power of Acrobatics while also activating Unburden when the move is used. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden; as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it through Destiny Bond. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Pokemon such as Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed +1 positive-nature base 100 Speed Pokemon and those with Choice Scarf. These are just about the fastest threats in NU, meaning that Drifblim can outspeed almost everything after an Unburden boost. The extra investment in Special Defense also makes Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it can survive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo and has a chance to survive an uninvested Ice Beam from Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute as it can be very useful to hit other priority users such as Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything besides its STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin. Any attempts made to Rapid Spin will only give Drifblim an opportunity to set up. Hence, Pokemon that can set up entry hazards are great teammates for it. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock as well as spin them away so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls, such as Cryogonal, it makes a good partner to any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo comes to mind, as the aforementioned wall is one of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, but must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate, such as Torterra or Exeggutor, that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents is a good option to use.</p>

[SET COMMENTS]

• Takes full advantage of Unburden and can sweep in the right circumstances
  • Will generally get a kill or two every match, due to Unburden + Destiny Bond.
  • Lures Cryogonal and OHKOes with Acrobatics.
  • Cripples Armaldo with Will-O-Wisp does a heavy amount of damage with Acrobatics
  • Very efficient check to Sawsbuck, only fearing the rare Wild Charge. Not 3HKO’d by Life Orb Horn Leech, immune to other moves. Will OHKO back with Acrobatics.
  • Decent check to Ludicolo, only rain boosted Life Orb Hydro Pump will KO, while Acrobatics will OHKO Ludicolo.
  • Acrobatics as very powerful STAB move, boosted by Flight Gem
  • Will-O-Wisp is to cripple rock types that can easily switch in on Acrobatics, wearing them down and allowing Drifblim to sweep later on.
  • Destiny Bond pairs with Unburden to take something will Drifblim as it dies.
  • Substitute is to avoid Sucker Punch, particularly from Absol. It also forces the opponent to attack you and is very effective with Destiny Bond as they will often try to status you.
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• With the given EVs and the Unburden boost, it will outspeed postive nature base 100 Scarf Pokemon, almost the entire metagame.
  • Has a chance to survive LO Magmortar Thunderbolt, never OHKO’d by Magmortar Fire Blast. Also lives LO Ludicolo Ice Beam. Also has a good chance to survive 0 Satk Cryogonal Ice Beam after Stealth Rock.
  • Sucker Punch can be used over Substitute, useful to hit other Priority users like Samurott, as well as making other Sucker Punches fail.
  • Can also go mixed with Shadow ball to take on Torkoal and Rock-types easier. Lacks power with Acrobatics though.
  • Hazard support is essential to force the opponent to spin. Armaldo can set up Stealth Rock and spin away other Stealth Rock
  • Makes a great partner for anything that wants to get rid of Cryogonal (Ludicolo).
  • Walled by Rock-types (Golem, Regirock). A Grass-type such as Exeggutor or Torterra is useful to switch in on and beat these opponents.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The EV spread is inefficient: a spread of 152 SpA / 188 SpD / 168 Spe with a Mild nature gives you the same special attack stat and an extra 9 points in special defense. You can re-arrange the EVs as you wish, a spread of 188 SpA / 152 SpD / 168 Spe gives you 10 extra points in special attack instead.

Other than that, looks pretty good. I'm not sure if Shadow Ball and SpA investment are the best options for this set however, as STAB Flying Gem Acrobatics is very powerful (just ask SD Jumpluff) and you should probably be making the most of it.

Django

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The EV spread is inefficient: a spread of 152 SpA / 188 SpD / 168 Spe with a Mild nature gives you the same special attack stat and an extra 9 points in special defense. You can re-arrange the EVs as you wish, a spread of 188 SpA / 152 SpD / 168 Spe gives you 10 extra points in special attack instead.

Other than that, looks pretty good. I'm not sure if Shadow Ball and SpA investment are the best options for this set however, as STAB Flying Gem Acrobatics is very powerful (just ask SD Jumpluff) and you should probably be making the most of it.
Yeah, updated with better EV spread.

The reasoning behind running Shadow Ball was that it already got the KO on Cryogonal (which was my initial reason for running the set), and nothing else important really sprung to mind. It KO's most Ludicolo as well. During playtesting rarely did I find myself wanting to be purely physical, and the SAtk EV's actually helped in beating Armaldo when I did not have the Flying Gem left. I'll run some tests with a purely Physical set and see if I change my mind. Clearly deserves a mention in AC though.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, going mixed is pretty advantageous too, so either option is good. Before i QC this, i'd like to see the SpA and SpD EVs adjusted to inflict or avoid a specific KO; i think complex EV spreads like the above need some justification in the analysis to win over players from just maxing one of the stats out.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going to table this until the metagame settles more. It was very very mediocre when I first tested it in the last metagame.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sufficient time has passed and this was requested to be unlocked. I'd also like to point out that I'm writing the new reservation thread now, so just hold your pants for a few minutes.

Django

OK I'm going to do a pretty major update to this set, I've been testing it and there are definitely some better options to what I've written. Hold on QC-ing this for a bit please.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

So now that there are actually Pokemon to hit with Acrobatics (Ludicolo, Sawsbuck, Sawk, etc), I'm going to approve this set!

Remove Focus Sash from AC. It's not that good, especially considering it'll probably be broken by SR or something and you have a much weaker Acrobatics.

otherwise,

QC Approve 2/3

QC APPROVED 4/3

Because I'm feeling left out and this set trolls sweepers pretty hard after unburden has been activated.

Amateur GP Check

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of Drifblim's rare ability, Unburden. Given the right circumstances, it can also reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can regularusually guarantee a kill if played correctly, due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drfiblim, like Ludicolo. Other common Rapid Spin usspinners like Armaldo are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond before they can use Rapid Spin. ItDrifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist Flying-type attacks with Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to the popular weather teams, often being able to sweep through them with the Unburden boost, as well as being an excellent check to Sawsbuck, OHKOing it with Acrobatics. Drifblim only fears the rare Wild Charge from Sawsbuck, and will OHKO with Actobatics. </p>

<p>The boost provided to Acrobatics by Flightying Gem gives Drifblim one exceptionally powerful attack, and afterwards, the power of Acrobatics is doubled, and Unburden is activated. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden, as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, so it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun. Once Drifblim has set the Substitute up, the opponent is forced to attack it, which can really come in handy with Destiny Bond. (I would rephrase this; a Pokemon won't go down from DBond if they only ko the sub)</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed positive nature base 100 Speed Pokemon who also have a +1 boost toin Speed, most likely from Choice Scarf. This isese are just about the fastest threats in the NU metagame, so Drifblim can safely assume to outspeed almost everything. The extra investment in Special Defense also make its Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb Magmortar Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it will live throughsurvive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo and has a chance to survive Ice Beam from 0 Special Attack Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute, which can be very useful to hit other priority users like Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything that is not STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin, and because of this entry hazard support, it is very beneficial. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock, as well as clearingbeing able to rid the field of Stealth Rock so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls like Cryogonal and Ludicolo, it makes a good partner forto any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo itself comes to mind, as the aforementioned walls are two of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, as it only attacks with Acrobaticsbut must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate such as Torterra or Exeggutor that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents is a good option to use.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of Drifblim's rare ability, Unburden. Given the right circumstances, it can reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can usually guarantee a kill if played correctly due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drfiblim, like Ludicolo. Other common spinners like Armaldo are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond before they can use Rapid Spin. Drifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist Flying-type attacks with Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to the popular weather teams, often being able to sweep with the Unburden boost, as well as being an excellent check to Sawsbuck, OHKOing it with Acrobatics. Drifblim only fears the rare Wild Charge from Sawsbuck. </p>

<p>The boost provided to Acrobatics by Flying Gem gives Drifblim one exceptionally powerful attack, and afterwards, the power of Acrobatics is doubled and Unburden is activated. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden, as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, so it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun. Once Drifblim has set the Substitute up, the opponent is forced to attack it, which can really come in handy with Destiny Bond. (I would rephrase this; a Pokemon won't go down from DBond if they only ko the sub)</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed positive nature base 100 Speed Pokemon who also have a +1 boost in Speed, most likely from Choice Scarf. These are just about the fastest threats in the NU metagame, so Drifblim can outspeed almost everything. The extra investment in Special Defense also makes Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it will survive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo and has a chance to survive Ice Beam from 0 Special Attack Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute, which can be very useful to hit other priority users like Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything that is not STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin, and because of this entry hazard support, it is very beneficial. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock, as well as being able to rid the field of Stealth Rock so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls like Cryogonal and Ludicolo, it makes a good partner to any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo itself comes to mind, as the aforementioned walls are two of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, but must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate such as Torterra or Exeggutor that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents is a good option to use.</p>

Awesome set! ;p

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm working over DittoCrow's check. Django, implement his first, then mine please.

[SET]
(Remove Space)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of Drifblims rare ability, Unburden. Given the right circumstances it can also reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can’t sweep an entire team, Drifblim can regularly guarantee a kill if played correctly, due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drfiblim like such as Ludicolo. Other common Rapid Spin users like such as Armaldo are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond before they can use Rapid Spin. It can also dent almost everything that doesn’t resist Flying-type attacks with Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to the popular weather teams, often being able to sweep through them with the Unburden boost, as well as being an excellent check to Sawsbuck. Notably, the hot air balloon is also one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck, as it resists all of the deer's attacks bar Drifblim only fears the rare Wild Charge from Sawsbuck, and will OHKO with Actobatics Acrobatics. (Remove Space)</p>

<p>The boost provided to Acrobatics by Flight Gem gives Drifblim one exceptionally powerful attack, and afterwards the power of Acrobatics is doubled, and Unburden is activated. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden, as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, so it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblims fun. Once Drifblim has set the Substitute up, the opponent is forced to attack it, which can really come in handy with Destiny Bond.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed positive nature base 100 Speed Pokemon who also have a +1 boost to Speed, most likely from Choice Scarf. This is just about the fastest threat in the NU metagame, so Drifblim can safely assume to outspeed almost everything. The extra investment in Special Defense also make it surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb-boosted Magmortar Thunderbolt, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortars Fire Blast. In addition, it will can live through an Ice Beam from Ludicolo and has a chance to survive Ice Beam from 0 Special Attack Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute, which can be very useful to hit other priority users like such as Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything that is not STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin, and because of this entry hazard support is very beneficial. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock, as well as clearing the field of Stealth Rock so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls(Comma) like such as Cryogonal and Ludicolo, it makes a good partner for any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo itself comes to mind, as the aforementioned walls are two of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, as it only attacks with Acrobatics. A Grass-type teammate(Comma) such as Torterra or Exeggutor(Comma) that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents is a good option to use.</p>

GP Approved 1/2

ME ME ME ME ME
DONE DONE DONE
[SET]

:O? Assuming c/p error :D

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of Drifblim's rare ability, Unburden. Given the right circumstances, it can reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can usually guarantee a kill if played correctly due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drifblim such as Ludicolo. Other common Rapid Spin users such as Armaldo,(add comma) are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond before they can use Rapid Spin. Obviously they can't use Rapid Spin and Rapid Spin doesn't prevent Armaldo from being crippled or taken out. Drifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist Flying-type attacks with Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to the popular weather teams, often being able to sweep with the Unburden boost. Notably, the hot air balloon is also one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck, as it resists all of the deer's attacks,(add comma) bar the rare Wild Charge, and will OHKO with Acrobatics.</p>

<p>The boost provided to Acrobatics by Flying Gem gives Drifblim one exceptionally powerful attack, and afterwards, the power of Acrobatics is doubled and Unburden is activated. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden, as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, so it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed positive nature base 100 Speed Pokemon who also have a +1 boost in Speed, most likely from Choice Scarf. These are just about the fastest threats in the NU metagame, so Drifblim can outspeed almost everything. The extra investment in Special Defense also makes Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it can survive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo,(add comma) and has a chance to survive Ice Beam from 0 Special Attack Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute, which can be very useful to hit other priority users such as Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything that is not STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin, and because of this entry hazard support, it is very beneficial. This Driftblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin. The last part of your sentence makes no sense. Are you trying to say that Drifblim forces switches so entry hazards are recommended? Clarify. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock, as well as being able to rid the field of Stealth Rock,(add comma) so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls, such as Cryogonal and Ludicolo, it makes a good partner to any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo itself comes to mind, as the aforementioned walls are two of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, but must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate, such as Torterra or Exeggutor, that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents,(add comma) is a good option to use.</p>

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
working on top of it

[SET]

:O? Assuming c/p error :D

[SET]
<remove space>

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of Drifblim's rare ability, Unburden. the rare Unburden ability that Drifblim possesses. Given the right circumstances, it can reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can usually guarantee a kill if played correctly due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drifblim such as Ludicolo. Other Common Rapid Spin users such as Armaldo,(add comma) ignore this are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond before they can use Rapid Spin. Obviously they can't use Rapid Spin and Rapid Spin doesn't prevent Armaldo from being crippled or taken out. Drifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist Flying-type attacks with its Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to the popular its popularity can change over time... so better not to put in :d weather teams,<remove comma> often being able to even sweep with the Unburden boost. Notably, the hot air balloon is also one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck, as it resists all of the deer's attacks,(add comma) bar the rare Wild Charge, and will OHKO with Acrobatics. Another thing that is notable about Drifblim is that it's one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck; it resists all of the latter's attacks bar the rare Wild Charge and can OHKO it with Acrobatics.</p>

<p>The boost provided to Acrobatics by Flying Gem gives Drifblim one exceptionally powerful attack, and afterwards, the power of Acrobatics is doubled and Unburden is activated. Flying Gem doubles the Base Power of Acrobatics while also activating Unburden when the move is used. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden;<semicolon> as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, so it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it through Destiny Bond. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Pokemon such as Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed +1 positive-<hyphen>nature base 100 Speed Pokemon who also have a +1 boost in Speed, most likely from and those with Choice Scarf. These are just about the fastest threats in the NU metagame, so meaning that Drifblim can outspeed almost everything after an Unburden boost. The extra investment in Special Defense also makes Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it can survive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo,(add comma) ignore this and has a chance to survive an uninvested Ice Beam from 0 Special Attack this implies it has 0 in that stat Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute, which implies that this phrase refers to Substitute as it can be very useful to hit other priority users such as Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything that is not besides its STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin, and because of this entry hazard support, it is very beneficial. This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin. The last part of your sentence makes no sense. Are you trying to say that Drifblim forces switches so entry hazards are recommended? Clarify. Any attempts made to Rapid Spin will only give Drifblim an opportunity to set up. Hence, Pokemon that can set up entry hazards are great teammates for it. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock, as well as being able to rid the field of Stealth Rock,(add comma) as well as spin them away so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls, such as Cryogonal, and Ludicolo it isn't a special wall an none of its sets on-site shows that it is it makes a good partner to any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo itself comes to mind, as the aforementioned walls are two is one of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, but must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate, such as Torterra or Exeggutor, that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents,(add comma) ignore too is a good option to use.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is specifically designed to take advantage of the rare Unburden ability that Drifblim possesses. Given the right circumstances, it can reliably pull off a sweep. Even if it can't sweep an entire team, Drifblim can usually guarantee a kill if played correctly due to the combination of Unburden and Destiny Bond. Acrobatics also has another huge advantage in that it can lure out and beat common checks to Drifblim such as Ludicolo. Common Rapid Spin users such as Armaldo are crippled by Will-O-Wisp or taken out by Destiny Bond. Drifblim can also dent almost everything that doesn't resist its Flying Gem-boosted Acrobatics. In addition, Drifblim can act as a decent check to weather teams and even sweep with the Unburden boost. Another thing that is notable about Drifblim is that it's one of the few sturdy counters to Swords Dance Sawsbuck; it resists all of the latter's attacks bar the rare Wild Charge and can OHKO it with Acrobatics.</p>

<p>Flying Gem doubles the Base Power of Acrobatics while also activating Unburden when the move is used. The main purpose of Will-O-Wisp is to cripple the many Rock-types in NU that can easily switch into Acrobatics. Once burned, they will be worn down and Drifblim can attempt to sweep later on. Destiny Bond makes a fantastic combination with Unburden; as Drifblim will outspeed almost the entire metagame once Unburden is activated, it is almost guaranteed to take an opponent down with it through Destiny Bond. The main use of Substitute is to avoid powerful Sucker Punches from Pokemon such as Absol, which will bring an untimely end to Drifblim's fun.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The chosen EV spread is used to outspeed +1 positive-nature base 100 Speed Pokemon and those with Choice Scarf. These are just about the fastest threats in NU, meaning that Drifblim can outspeed almost everything after an Unburden boost. The extra investment in Special Defense also makes Drifblim surprisingly bulky; it can survive a Life Orb-boosted Thunderbolt from Magmortar, and is never OHKOed by the same Magmortar's Fire Blast. In addition, it can survive an Ice Beam from Ludicolo and has a chance to survive an uninvested Ice Beam from Cryogonal after taking Stealth Rock damage. Sucker Punch can also be used instead of Substitute as it can be very useful to hit other priority users such as Samurott, as well as causing other Sucker Punches to fail. It should be noted that even with the heavy investment in Attack, Drifblim fails to pack a real punch with anything besides its STAB Acrobatics.</p>

<p>This Drifblim set thrives on setting up as the opponent attempts to use Rapid Spin. Any attempts made to Rapid Spin will only give Drifblim an opportunity to set up. Hence, Pokemon that can set up entry hazards are great teammates for it. Armaldo can reliably set up Stealth Rock as well as spin them away so that Drifblim can switch in unharmed. As Drifblim lures out a lot of special walls, such as Cryogonal, it makes a good partner to any Pokemon that can sweep after those walls are gone. Ludicolo comes to mind, as the aforementioned wall is one of the most common checks to Rain Dance Ludicolo. Rock-types such as Golem and Regirock completely wall Drifblim, but must be careful of Will-O-Wisp. A Grass-type teammate, such as Torterra or Exeggutor, that can reliably switch in and beat these opponents is a good option to use.</p>

What's with the extra commas?? Anyway,

GP Approved 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)