• Drifblim boasts seventh highest HP in the game.
• It has unique typing, ghost and flying.
• Large movepool allows it to perform a variety of sets.
• 44 and 54 defences respectively are not great.
• 80 attack is not bad but its physical movepool is the let-down.
• Drifblim has the ability to run both physical and special sets effectively.
• Drifblim is the only NU Pokémon that can use unburden effectively.
Drifblim is a much welcomed spinblocker in NU.
It’s vast movepool makes it a very hard Pokémon to predict and makes it very versatile in the NU metagame.
Drifblim is able to set up on the some of the main pokemon of the NU metagame, such as Alomomola and variations of Amoonguss.
move 1: Acrobatics
move 2: Disable/Destiny bond
move 3: Will-O-Wisp/disable
move 4: Substitute/
item: Flying gem
evs: 56 Defence / 252 Attack / 200 Speed
• Due to its unique typing, substitute allows it a free a turn as the opponent switches
• Acrobatics works in perfection with unburden and flying gem, once used the flying gem with be activated doubling its power as the Pokémon as no item, then since the Pokémon’s item has been used, it gets a +1 speed from unburden, setting a sweeping opportunity.
• A speed boosted destiny bond is a great asset, when low on HP, or faced with a Pokémon that is a great threat to your team, you can get a destiny bond and take your foe down with you.
• Substitute is great for avoiding sucker punches and status
• Acrobatics is the only real viable attack, but is still boosted 165 BP
• Disable is great in conjunction with will-o-wisp, being able to burn such counters as Regirock, then disable its rock slide as it breaks the substitute.
• Drifblim works best as an early game breaker, being able to burn a few opponents and perhaps K.O some Pokémon with acrobatics, perhaps even let a destiny bond loose to take an opponent down.
• Steel types and rock types obviously wall Drifblim’s acrobatics
• It’s best saved for a late game sweep so tough walls are weakened and so are most pokemon.
• Gurrdurr, Ludicolo and Samurott are all great offensive partners as they all heavily damage steel and rock types.
• Spikes help Drifblims sweeping capabilities as steels will not enjoy coming in to check Drifblim while taking spikes damage.
• A spinner is very helpful as Drifblim being weak to stealth rocks, having a reliable spinner on your team such as Armaldo or Torkoal will benefit Drifblim greatly.
Move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm mind
move 3: Shadow ball
move 4: Thunderbolt/hidden power fighting
evs: 224 hp / 252 def / 32 speed
•A bulky variation allows you to set up on Alomomola with ease and take waterfalls while under a substitute.
•The extra speed evs allow you to outrun max speed Gorebyss.
•Thunderbolt is the superior move to hidden power fighting hitting the same targets, but hidden power fighting hits roar bastiodon.
•Substitute protects Drifblim from status and Lickilickys dragon tail is a 3HKO on the substitute.
• Although regarded that is outclassed by calm mind Gardevoir, Drifblim has a lot more resists to come in on, most notably ever common Pokémon like CB Sawk’s close combat, and a much superior HP stat is always welcomed.
• Great teammates to Drifblim include fighting types such as Sawk to get rid of dark types that will ruin Drifblims sweeps most like Absol and Skuntank.
Move 1: Rest
Move 2: Shadowball
Move 3: Calm mind
Move 4: Thunderbolt/Hidden power fighting
Item: Chesto berry
Evs: 112 speed / 168 hp / 228 Special Attack
•The great rest and chesto berry combination returns, setting up Drifblim for some serious wrecking in NU.
•112 speed EVs allow Drifblim to outspeed timid choice scarf Rotom-W after an unburden boost.
•222 Special attack EVs allow it to be 2HKO its arch nemesis Skuntank stealth rocks and CM boost with a thunderbolt.
•176 hp is for added bulk and allows Drifblim to come in 4 occasions before being left with 1 hp.
Teammates such as Sawk can lure and eliminate dark types that could ruin Drifblims sweep. Spikes support is always appreciated and Garbodor can execute this perfectly to weaken opposing pokemon, as Drifblim works best once checks and counters are weakened. A rapid spinner is almost mandatory even with rest support to help Drifblim get by, Armaldo has a great case being able to spin and set up stealth rocks.
A flame orb and flare boost set would not be out of the question, providing Drifblim with a +1 +1, and could also trick the flame orb onto an opponent for extra annoyance. Drifblim can also be used as a great weather support, having access to both rain dance and sunny day, and further boosted by access to weather ball. A choiced set is usable, containing trick, shadow ball, thunderbolt and hidden power fighting.
Baton pass is also viable, but is very difficult to pull off in the current metagame. Hypnosis is always great to have on any set, regardless of its low accuracy.
[checks and counters]
Stealth rocks are essential to weakening Drifblim, combined with poor defenses and Drifblim won’t be around much. Dark types are Drifblims biggest nightmare, most notably Drifblim and Absol. Skuntank can take unboosted hits with ease and hit back with a crunch, as can Absol with a night slash. Skuntank and Absol also both carry priority within sucker punch with some simple predictions can end Drifblims sweeps.