dropping from Uber to OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard mega salamence was banned from OU. I was frustrated and mad because I didn't see anything broken with it. Then I saw the calculations and asked this question. Did salamence have perfect ivs? I'm wondering because I feel ivs can make a big difference. We can use ivs to balance our pokemos and nerf them ourselves.

Let's take salamence as an example

252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 260-308 (78.3 - 92.7%)
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 270-328 (81.3 - 98.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 187-222 (56.3 - 66.8%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 192-229 (57.8 - 68.9%)
-1 252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 210-248 (63.2 - 74.6%)
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 265-312 (79.8 - 93.9%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 118-139 (35.5 - 41.8%)

These were the calculations done on the ban announcement for salamence. Now these are impressive for salamence and I do see why he is banned, but what of we changed the ivs and made them absolutely 0? What would happen to him? Maybe it's not enough so let's get rid of all 31 ivs off of hp. Maybe we can do this to bring back pokemon we love from Uber and be able to use them. Now I'm thinking for pokemon ranked as Ubers I think we should have other sets showing what ivs it can and can't have to qualify. Ma be it can have a max of 3 perfect ivs. It may be a dumb idea, but just throwing it out there.

In general, it would be best to avoid creating complex situations just to allow one Pokemon to be unbanned because it could apply to several other Pokemon as well. If something like this was allowed, then it would open several other possibilities, such as allowing Level 70 Kyogre or non-speed boost blaziken to be allowed in OU.

In general, it would be best to avoid creating complex situations just to allow one Pokemon to be unbanned because it could apply to several other Pokemon as well. If something like this was allowed, then it would open several other possibilities, such as allowing Level 70 Kyogre or non-speed boost blaziken to be allowed in OU.
I want this only to apply to megas, or regular pokemon banned to Uber and only involving ivs, not lv or ability. Simple not complicated

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
An IV restriction is horribly arbitrary and pretty much impossible to implement in any reasonable capacity. I don't play OU much but I can assure you Mega Salamence deserved its ban. This isn't the proper place to discuss things like this anyhow.

Though if you still want to use Mega Salamence in some capacity, I think you'll find it does perform extremely well in Ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)