drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I used to have a really close relationship with e when I was in highs school. I can honestly say that the first few times I tried it were some of the most exhilarating moments of my life.
note for high schoolers reading this thread: because of the neurotoxicity, I'd recommend kids not use much MDMA until your brain is pretty much fully developed. if you have to ignore this advice, no more than once every three months please.

(actually i wouldn't exactly "recommend" drugs to anyone, i'll just give you harm reduction advice if you seek it out. not that drugs are bad, it's just a personal choice is all)

From what I can tell, it's not a good idea to do shrooms alone in an unfamiliar place. lol
This is pretty much the worst idea, especially if you are inexperienced with psychs. Trip sitters can make a world of difference, and a comfortable environment makes difficult experiences a lot less likely.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
amazing high afternoon with my friend in the terrace having a heart-to-heart and then in my room with him inspecting every nook and cranny, finding my childhood toys and nerdy stuff like RAM bars, BeyBlades, MtG ashtray, the origami Charizard my BF gifted me and whatnot.

also showed him all my nicknamed Pokemon team members (from HG and Black) in my Pokemon Black (///▽///)

Valentine

Banned deucer.
With Saint Patricks coming up, i wanted to spark a conversation about alcohol. Most of the posts about it seem to be negative.. Why is that? What makes it worse than blow, black, things that create more of a dependency?

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I haven't gone through the entire thread, but I don't think anyone has anything against alcohol, but it isn't something I would do with another drug. Acid+Alcohol=bad is what i heard when I was doing research before I did it the first time. MDMA was fun enough without alcohol, but I don't know if it would be a terrible addition. marijuana + booze: Some people like being cross-faded (me) but a lot of people hate it.

With Saint Patricks coming up, i wanted to spark a conversation about alcohol. Most of the posts about it seem to be negative.. Why is that? What makes it worse than blow, black, things that create more of a dependency?
a lot of posters in this thread (and, you may find, drug users on the internet at large) aren't terribly fond of alcohol for a few reasons:

compared to our preferred set of drugs (psychedelics, marijuana, and friends), which might leave you a bit out of it the next day, an excess of alcohol tends to leave one craving death, instead of sustained nausea, splitting headache, etc.

If you have regular access to most other drugs, they tend to be substantially less expensive than booze, too: I can get a quarter of medical for $80, and that can last me 2 weeks, if not more. $80 of mid-shelf liquor is only more sustainable because getting trashed every night would leave me a non-functioning, sickly mess every morning. ymmv with assorted psychs, but LSD's in town atm for $10 a pop, too.

I wouldn't say alcohol is worse than coke, heroin, etc. at all though: it's pretty tame compared to some of the shit I've seen people swallow or snort rather indiscriminately. It's not even that I dislike drinking, it's just usually a huge pain in my ass, because I become unable to drive and will feel like shit for a significant portion of the next day.

tape

a lot of posters in this thread (and, you may find, drug users on the internet at large) aren't terribly fond of alcohol for a few reasons:

compared to our preferred set of drugs (psychedelics, marijuana, and friends), which might leave you a bit out of it the next day, an excess of alcohol tends to leave one craving death, instead of sustained nausea, splitting headache, etc.

If you have regular access to most other drugs, they tend to be substantially less expensive than booze, too: I can get a quarter of medical for $80, and that can last me 2 weeks, if not more. $80 of mid-shelf liquor is only more sustainable because getting trashed every night would leave me a non-functioning, sickly mess every morning. ymmv with assorted psychs, but LSD's in town atm for $10 a pop, too.

I wouldn't say alcohol is worse than coke, heroin, etc. at all though: it's pretty tame compared to some of the shit I've seen people swallow or snort rather indiscriminately. It's not even that I dislike drinking, it's just usually a huge pain in my ass, because I become unable to drive and will feel like shit for a significant portion of the next day.
hi, this.

tbh i kinda only like alcohol for the taste of some stuff. not fond of drinking 4 glasses of cuba libre and stuff. id rather have it straight and slow. and with a wide variety to choose, too.

alcohol just to get wasted is like... why dont you do something cheaper and better?

edit: here's the origami Charizard

a while ago, matt mernagh was charged with illegally growing his own cannabis plants. he argued to the ontario superior court that he had a legitimate medical use, that the medical marijuana program was worthless if the needy couldn't find a doctor willing to prescribe it, and that most doctors prefer to prescribe generic pharmaceuticals and think of weed as a "last resort" only. the judge agreed with him, and declared the canada's laws against cultivation and possession to be unconstitutional because they deny him his choice of medicine.

the government had 90 days to change the law or appeal the case. the appeal was heard about two months ago. that's the ruling i'm waiting for. originally, the law would have been axed on july 15th, so i think the ruling has to be released by that date. if the government loses the appeal, they'll probably get another 90 days to fix the law so that medical users have better access to it. and if they don't, then growing and owning cannabis really does become completely legal across ontario, at least.

dm probably has more information or a clearer insight, iono. this blog post covers the case in detail.
forgot to post about it, but mernagh lost. :'~(

I used to have a really close relationship with e when I was in highs school. I can honestly say that the first few times I tried it were some of the most exhilarating moments of my life.

I actually had an interesting experience with shrooms last weekend. I didn't do them myself, and while I never have, I would like to. But my friend and I were drinking, and her boyfriend called us a few hours after we went to sleep to let us know that he was at his place of work at 4 in the morning, tripping balls on shrooms. I don't remember how much he had, but it was more than enough to fuck him up. He was alone, and he started freaking out/panicking about it. So we went to pick him up and brought him back to her place. From what I can tell, it's not a good idea to do shrooms alone in an unfamiliar place. lol
i've had something similar happen to my friends while they were on shrooms. it was 2 of them on the beach at night, and they called me to go pick them up because they freaked out (idk what it was about). when i found them they were sitting by some bushes just looking scared and confused as fuck. i took them to my house and just tried to keep them calm and relaxed so they would have a good trip.

the last time i shroomed was honestly one of the best trips of my life. i shroomed with a 3 friends, and one friend who didnt shroom and just chilled with us. it was a beautiful sunny day and we went to the beach and it just felt amazing the whole day. weirdly though around the end of the day i decided to go in the water and my 'high' just faded away.

theres a social aspect to alcohol. more people drink it and you can go to pubs and drink, there are unfortunately no bars that dispense vicodin nor any parties where people really do those sorts of drugs, except for coke and maybe mdma but even that's usually less frequent. weed would be more social if it didnt make you so lazy, and sometimes just zone out from being so stoned. not only that but alcohol it has its own unique high: you can sip on a tasty beer and see yourself gradually go from buzzed to drunk to hammered. i dont get hangovers though so that might change my opinion.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fuck, I love alcohol. I had another amazing night last night, its 8:20 and I've been drinking since 2 ish yesterday. No hangover or anything, life is pretty great right now. Last night was a pretty great night, had an awesome time :) Dunno why people are down on alc, never had a bad experience with it. But hey, thats probs just me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
marijuana + booze: Some people like being cross-faded (me) but a lot of people hate it.
i have yet to meet those people that don't enjoy being crossfaded...me and my friends collectively think it's great. and if you're wanting to talk about alcohol i'm actually less ok with it when it's not accompanied by anything else than when it is. like i kind of already implied on weekends i usually drink & smoke at the same time but drinking w/o smoking kinda blows now for me because i'm used to being crossfaded i guess? so it feels lesser when i'm not but drunk though. i've never tried alcohol w/anything other than weed though. mdma is scary shit and as cim advises i won't be trying any of that either a) ever or b) until i'm like out of college.

on shrooms, shrooms are great. i'm going camping w/my best friend and we're gonna bring a sack of weed and some shrooms and acid. should be a good time because i've never had a bad trip with any hallucinogen. dunno if that's common?

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i am completely fine mixing alcohol/weed as long as i'm ingesting both at the same time, at a relatively slow rate. i can't get really drunk and then smoke, i'll inevitably throw up - but if i scale each high at once, then it's much more pleasant and they balance each other out in a lovely fashion.

otherwise, i don't think i've tried drinking alcohol while doing anything else - the highs from shrooms/ecstasy are too intense that i've never thought "oh, drinking some alcohol will SURELY make this even better!"

tape

so today I got gifted a bowl glass pipe and ive finally understood what a god damn "bowl" means.

also what sorcery is this glass thing.

also that game is cool

edit: its totally like chemistry's mole unit

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
should be a good time because i've never had a bad trip with any hallucinogen. dunno if that's common?
Never had a bad trip myself, but that's very conscious on my part. Every time I've done mushrooms and the one time I've done acid I've been in really awesome environments with great chillin people. Always been super thrilled about it. Going into it expecting it to be awesome just works really well imo.

i am completely fine mixing alcohol/weed as long as i'm ingesting both at the same time, at a relatively slow rate. i can't get really drunk and then smoke, i'll inevitably throw up - but if i scale each high at once, then it's much more pleasant and they balance each other out in a lovely fashion.
Whenever I've tried to mix slowly I just end up not drinking. I'll toke a bit, start to get high while drinking, think 'alcohol is fucking gross why am I drinking this shit' and just keep smoking. Only times I have blended it's been: get hammered, smoke, get super head spins + vomiting.
Why I don't do it that often, although I do enjoy the high. Although I did do it kinda frequently if I had the opportunity because I'm a retarded drunk. I haven't done it in months though, and it's been nice.

otherwise, i don't think i've tried drinking alcohol while doing anything else - the highs from shrooms/ecstasy are too intense that i've never thought "oh, drinking some alcohol will SURELY make this even better!"
+ molly and mushrooms already make for upset tummies, alcohol definitely does not help.

Drinking on acid is fucking spectacular though, only done it once though, want to do it more

edit: its totally like chemistry's mole unit
in grade 12 I asked my teacher what another unit equivalent to mole was, an imperial mole if you will, something like how there are feet and meters, or celsius and fahrenheit, and she just responded with a shiteater grin "minimole"
fuck you ms dicks you know what I fucking meant you psycho
ps dozen is the only thing I've been able to come up with

Alright here's a tip to new smokers out there that just got their new pipe.

Plug up the bowl with something if the bowl is too big.

So I just go a new pipe yesterday. When I looked at the bowl I thought that my weed would just fall through but I packed a bowl anyways. After my 2nd hit I found burning weed sitting on my tongue. Not fun. Get a screen or a rock to plug your bowl it really helps >.>

tape

smoking on a ("tobacco") pipe takes practice. you dont need to pack it as long as you dont do it too fast.

or if its brand new you need to make a ash/residue cake before you can actually "use" it. in other words, not clean it. anyway if it was gurgling and weed got to your mouth just go slower.

edit: second month and half on benzos. this "i cant remember where i put X or Y" thing FUCKING SUCKS GOD DAMN IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)