drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

Valentine

Banned deucer.
smoke tons of grass but i've been considering different psychedelics lately. for the most part, i'm deciding between dropping shrooms or acid. most people say the first time you drop acid is phenomenal, but i honestly don't know anything about it. oh, and more importantly what are good tips for the first time you fry (aka is watching alice in wonderland a good or bad idea)?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Live-posting my first week desxerpice

Also I had some tequila so nthat doesn't help

I somked at 1:30 and it's now 2:52. Also I had a fair amount of tequila before so thats hope helping

I feel really good like reaaaaallllygood. Not as good as I fel tgeore though. efore

I saw some video my friend sohed bme to and it felt relaly funny, funnier than norma.

And I laughed for like ten inutes straight and got lightheaded. I'm still a little lightneaded but it's all good, nothing serious

but yeah I ac ese what all the fuss is about, I had a good gime

and i don't know acexactly what I had but my firend called it "greens" and said it should last like an hour since it's my frist time

I'm loking at this post aginan and it lokols bad but I blame the tequila okay

This eminds me of when I drunk posted on New Year's Eve a few years agol. haha

Well that's ti, :D

LSD and jam bands are the greatest combo of all time. Saw Phish last night on some l i found in the parking lot and it was just such an amazing experience, still topped by seeing the grateful dead under similar circumstances a couple weeks back

Also tried candy flipping for the first time a couple of weeks ago at a music festival i was at. It wasn't what I was expecting at all but it was a really interesting time at least lmao, definitely a worthwhile experience

On that note do any of you try different stuff when you go high solo? Listening to Pink Floyd/Trance/<insert_electronic_genre> and zoning out is so generic, and a rather limited way to experience your high.

I've recently taken to watching (mostly rewatching) movies when I'm "up there" by myself. The most memorable ones have been The Big Lebowski and Birdman. Shit I can't even describe what it felt like watching Birdman high. For record's sake, I generally love the film anyways, because I realize what it's trying to do and it's NOT a single shot gimmick (so fuck all those people in the movie thread). But when high, it just opened up my mind to a profound place of self-understanding, and I swear by the climax I was probably as close to an "ego death" as I'll ever be.

So yeah, please feel free to list movies/literature/other stuff that you have encountered when high and would recommend to other people.
Not sure if I've felt anything that profound while watching something, but whenever I watch anything high, especially television, I find myself not even paying attention to the specific characters or storyline, but instead, only analyzing what message the creators or producers are trying to send with the characters and general plot line of the episode. It's like I have to make an effort to focus on what's actually happening in the show. My brain is always overanalyzing things, but I particularly notice it in those instances.

And as a side note, I studied and work in digital media production, so of course I notice certain angles and camera movements while sober, but it's easier to focus on it when I'm high. Kind of like how music is different while you're high, only my mind does it for television and film as well.

Anyone else have this?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
what are people's experiences with shrooms pls
shrooms are fun and cool, but in a lot of ways kinda risky because at the time of purchase you don't know whether the mushrooms ur gettin are even psychedelic. the concentration of psilocybin also will never be the same between two stalks, even from the same fungus, so it can be hard to meaningfully measure your dose. "1 gram" could be half a shade above smoking weed or a completely transcendent experience. however, with a test kit you CAN ensure that the caps you have purchased contain the proper actives. once that's confirmed, you are basically set, as you can't really die from traditional tryptamines like psilocybin.

as for subjective experience, shrooms are a lot like LSD. I personally think the differences are just inherent to you rather than a feature of either substance. the duration is an exception, as shrooms last ~4-8 hours rather than 8-12. if you've never taken another kind of psychedelic before then telling you is a little useless, but the best way I can describe tripping is a grand sense of inter-connectedness with the universe, like you are just a single cell of a large, beautiful organism. there's other stuff but, for me at least, that's the coolest and most important part of the trip.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
shrooms are fun and cool, but in a lot of ways kinda risky because at the time of purchase you don't know whether the mushrooms ur gettin are even psychedelic. the concentration of psilocybin also will never be the same between two stalks, even from the same fungus, so it can be hard to meaningfully measure your dose. "1 gram" could be half a shade above smoking weed or a completely transcendent experience. however, with a test kit you CAN ensure that the caps you have purchased contain the proper actives. once that's confirmed, you are basically set, as you can't really die from traditional tryptamines like psilocybin.

as for subjective experience, shrooms are a lot like LSD. I personally think the differences are just inherent to you rather than a feature of either substance. the duration is an exception, as shrooms last ~4-8 hours rather than 8-12. if you've never taken another kind of psychedelic before then telling you is a little useless, but the best way I can describe tripping is a grand sense of inter-connectedness with the universe, like you are just a single cell of a large, beautiful organism. there's other stuff but, for me at least, that's the coolest and most important part of the trip.
yeh but even if the shrooms are legit, it's kinda scary especially for a first timer cause you just don't know how your body would react to it and it's not like weed or md, in which as long as your take care of yourself you'll be fine? Or at least that's the impression I'm under with all psychedelics. I've never tried any before and I'm just curious.

4-8 hours sounds like a solid trip, and yep I've heard that all of your senses are either very heightened or the wires connecting your senses get switched around, and you start being really hyper aware about every intricate detail around you.

do you have any personal horror stories regarding shrooms/psychedelics? I'd love to hear some if you do. I've been thinking about trying it once but idk I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the implications and possible aftermaths

i usually sit down often to go and smoke or something, I haven't tried just never sitting down. Never tried running, but apparently I always end up walking incredibly fast without realising

Has anyone tried speed whilst on mdma? Managed to get hold of some speed, was wondering if it would help my tiredness on md, but idk if taking it together would be a good idea

It's pretty normal for people do this in the party scene here. Seems to work fine. Take your mdma, party for 5-8 hours, take the speed, keep going for another 3 or 4. Re-up on the mdma to round out another 3-4 hours. Smoke a little in-between. Likely you'll be dancing and sweating a lot so just drink a lot of water and it'll be wonderful. Don't do anything too physically strenuous on speed - it's bad for your heart.

fair enough, probably won't bother then. I've heard speed isn't that great anyway, but I was just wondering about ways to get more energy on a night out
Lies. It confers energy but also, above all for me, excitement. You haven't been this excited since you were 2 years old...well if you get that good shit.

~

what are people's experiences with shrooms pls
The only time I've have had a truly real physical hallucination was with shrooms. Make sure you keeps your wits about you. I imagined an extension had been built on a rooftop...almost walked off. If you don't have experience hallucinating and also don't always have a part of your mind that is "sane" I don't recommend shrooms.

~

Unrelatedly, for the sake of some continuity in this thread, met up with Alex (topic starter) a few months ago and...he's on the same wavelength as when he posted this.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
husk!!!!!!!!!!!! i missed u also yeah I've heard about the same thing regarding mental stability. I had a history of depression (and didn't even know it!!) which deters me from doing it. Mental stability is so subjective and someone's perception of mental stability might be different to yours, it's hard to determine whether it's worth the risk. I think I'm stable these days but I don't know if I've just tricked myself into being happy/content or if I actually am, if that makes any sense.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
10$/pill for college students that you dont know, 5$/pill to your friends.

also i recommend shrooms to anyone who is at anything like a good place in their mindset. they make you feel good. just do half an 8th on your first time, expect a 5-6 hour trip, longer if you smoke weed during it which I recommend. you may throw up and thats common.

shrooms were more personal to me than lsd was. I did lsd w a good friend of mine and it was fine in a group. On shrooms, I wanted to be by myself more to understand my thoughts (and listen to daft punk).

I would really like to try shrooms/lsd (just smoked hash/marijuana as now) but I usually am an anxious person (a bit hypochondriac) so I don't know how to enjoy properly the experience without thinkin of feeling sick or dying or whatever dumb thing wrongly associated with. I just know I should try them in a peaceful mood and in surroundings that help me keeping that mood, but I would prefer an opinion from people (possibly quite anxious as me lol) already tried this stuff etc etc

500th post on drugs thread, cool

When smoking weed, is there any way to dictate the type of high you experience (body vs mental?) Im a fairly new user and there are times when I have felt like my whole body was tingling, and times when I just started thinking a lot n shit - however most times its been a lil of both. what, if anything, can I do to induce either type?
It depends on the weed, not how you smoke it. There are two main species of weed: indica and sativa. These two species are bred together to make different strains of weed (for example, if you've heard of OG Kush or Pineapple Express). strains that are heavy in indica weed give you a body high, while more sativa-based strains give you a head high. There are also hybrid strains which can induce both effects.

It took me a year and a half with my Ascent to realize how much better it works at ~410 degrees than at ~375 degrees and now I feel like a dumbass lol. It's ridiculous how much better this thing works now since changing this.

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone have any experience with barbiturates? All I can get is butalbital, but it's fantastic for conserving on liquor considering I get butalbital for free thanks to insurance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)