1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Drugs.

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by bear, Jul 13, 2009.

1. bear

bear

Public service announcement: the drugs thread, i.e., where we talk about drugs, is not the place to post that you don't do drugs and never intend to, or that drugs are bad, or that your friend's uncle's gardener's son's pen pal took LSD once and now, six years later, he still thinks he's a glass of orange juice but you dunno cause you don't touch that stuff, you know? ok. thanks!!!

A lot of people take drugs, drugs broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function.

Wether you.
    -smoke weed
    -take pain killers
    -abuse pain killers
    -need an inhaler
    -sniff coke
    -inhale whipits

What are you taking and why?

Is there a good / bad story you can tell about an expierience on/with this drug?

How much does this drug strain you financially?
  2. Logan

Logan

I think I've grown out of the teenager drug phase. I havn't done any drug this entire year. Before, I've tried the usual weed, salvia a time or ten.. Nothing crazy.
    Also, I take an inhaler for my asthma.
  3. Zach

Zach

The only illegal drug that I would do is marijuana, but I consider myself to young to do it now. Though I could get some if I wanted to. It's easier to get than a happy meal.
  4. darkie

darkie i didn't choose the mug lyfe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

i'm currently taking two ibuprofen tablets every four to six hours to help with pain in my shins.
  5. Zach

Zach

^same except for chronic headaches
  6. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I used to smoke cigarettes as they relaxed me and I enjoyed the smell and taste. It dawned upon me one day that I should stop while I was running to catch a bus I had to stop and cough for a little. I couldn't run any more, which wasn't too bad, but then it started to get worse, I couldn't skate, riding my bike was hard and in a town like Boulder, you do these things often. I guess I decided that I would quit as I visited Australia for three weeks with my parents, as I couldn't be smoking in front of them (and Australia has bitch sticks). As for how much it cost, no more than $12-18 bucks a week, I wasn't one of those "pack a day" types, I could never smoke that much. But yeah, easily afforded if you have a job
  7. ChristovaOnIce

ChristovaOnIce

I smoke like a chimney. Cigarettes, that is. I prefer Camel Menthols, but my boyfriend likes Marlboros and Salems. I've tried quitting twice, but I end up cracking sometime during the second week. I'm set to try again when classes start in mid-August. Wish me luck!
  8. moot

moot

okay, let's see here.

firstly and foremostly, i take lithium carbonate for manic depression. in the past i've taken calcium-channel blockers, prozac, and a multitude of other antipsychotics in order to keep it control; at this point i'm just sticking to lithium. it has the least effect on my personality and helps me still stay in control during manic episodes.

secondly, i also take clotting factor for my hemophilia.
    if you don't know, hemophilia b is a disorder in which my blood is unable to clot, due to my body being unable to produce clotting factor IX. i get it transfused every couple of months or so into my bloodstream.

thirdly and lastly,

lsd is a hell of a drug.
  9. Piemur

Piemur

I smoke marijuana, I do smoke it legally. As I live in oregon, and They have a medical marijuana program.

Unfortunately I do have a spinal Injury, a bum knee from sports when i was younger, and two mental illnesses. Marijuana really helps improve my mode while helping me not focus on my pains or discomforts.

I chose to smoke medicinal marijuana as opposed to synthetic compounds.
    People really should stop and read what comes with your medicine.... It is usually responsible for ailment and illness outstripping your reason for taking them... Like the anti depressant amplifier that gives you parkinsons dissease....

Anyhow, Marijuana is from the earth, grown naturally and helps me more than any pill ever has.
  10. akuchi

akuchi chaos's bitch

I've taken pretty much every antidepressant going; these days I stick to weed, alcohol, pills/mdma, ketamine and cocaine if it's about (but I won't pay for it). Also the legal alternatives to such (think meph).
  11. Altmer

Altmer rid this world of human waste
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I take mesalazine to combat ulcerative colitis.

Occasionally I drink alcohol, but that is about it.
  12. Eraddd

Eraddd One Pixel
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I've never taken a tylenol or advil in my life. Nor almost any other drugs.

However, I think I have a mild-medium case of depression, based on a self diagnosis through info on websites (honestly. It's pretty bad)
  13. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

When I was actually overly strong at one point, people thought it was due to me taking asthma inhalers since they are a form of steroid. People really do not understand anything.
  14. Oddish On Fire

Oddish On Fire

I would say, but I think bear is a snitch >_>
  15. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Caffeine is a serious drug.
  16. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

I think your avatar gives it away a bit mate.

I used to smoke weed all the time, but now I don't have the luxury of countless hours of freetime to spend staring into nothingness. Work, job and girlfriend all bought me back on track and now I only have a puff on weekends...or days off...or evenings...
  17. Oddish On Fire

Oddish On Fire

Haha, I'll say it in a way that the coppers can't catch me, bear/narc. If I had ever done drugs, they would most likely be hashish and shrooms. Shrooms would have only been done on VERY rare ocassion, and ganja rarely during the school year. However, if I were to smoke pot during the summer, it would probably be about 3 times a week, which would put about a 20 dollar dent in my pocket. Yet, if that was the case, working for my dad would cover it. Things that I intend to try include acid, ecastasy/MDMA, and perhaps peyote.

EDIT:
    Add salvia to the list. I tried it last week and it SUCKED. All I got was like 15 mins of a type of high where I was hyper. I thought I was going to trip and have some sort of experience like my friends did, so I was very disappointed. If anyone has advice on how to actually trip on it, do tell.

Also, don't bother posting on this thread if you're going to say "OMFG, you're so fucking stupid for doing that" ESPECIALLY if you're going to say that Marijuana is terrible for your lungs.

And, amazing under the name thing cloud. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you quoting Modest Mouse? Beautiful.
  18. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

used to smoke a metric shitton of weed because i had the time and my girlfriend never really cared to put me in check about it.

new girlfriend, i quit drinking/pot. working on cigarettes, but times are rough and they're a nice break. but i'm quitting.

you kinda outgrow it when things go awry or you absolutely need to change :P
  19. bear

bear

caught me.
  20. PRMAN1214

PRMAN1214

I've been 100% clean my entire life
  21. X-Trader

X-Trader

I need an inhaler of asthmatic purposes only, while I did drink alcohol once because I wanted to know why my dad said it "relieved" his stress from work.
  22. Slice

Slice

Drugs have never been a part of my life.
  23. Purg

Purg

I drink way too much alcohol for my own good, but that's part of the university student life I suppose.

I'm very addicted Swedish form of tobacco known as snus. They keep upping the tax on the shit as well, so I'm trying to quit, but doing trivial stuff like reading and driving without it is hard, and I get dizzy if I go too long (three or four hours) without it.

Other than that, I don't take any drugs. Never taken any medication at all, aside from aspirins, and I've never tried any illegal substances. My neighbour keeps bugging me about trying weed, and I've seen him smoke on several occasions, but I don't see the point in using yet another drug. My economy is bad as it is, and I really don't need another stress reliever right now.
  24. Dragonight

Dragonight

Oxycontin, Percocet, Vicodin, DXM, Klonapin, Ambien, Xanax, Alcohol, I did'nt Adderall once but didn't like it and I smoked weed a couple times but didn't like it.
  25. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

I don't take any illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco and don't plan on starting.
    Especially not tobacco, that's gotta be one of the stupidest things...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)