Dual Dragons

Sup people.

For a long time, I never used a mega evolution in my team, since I couldn't find one to fit my gameplay. Not so long ago I came up with a team who finally has one that seems to fit.

Soooo... have fun rating to help me improve these guys!
btw, the only game I have is pokemon X, so I you're gonna mention some legendaries or pokes with moves from other generations, can you add another obtainable in game? thx!!

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 hp 48 def 208 spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

A ferrothorn set that trascended teams. This guy is absolutely perfect to mess up setup sweepers. The nature and the evs allow him to withstand special attacks. The rocky helmet plus iron barbs hurt physical attackers that make contact. The main hazard is Stealth rock, wearing off switches. Power whip for ttar, hippowdon and those water types. Leech seed is used to mess up with physical walls while recovering some good hp. Thunder wave cripples setup sweepers and switch ins. Also has great sinergy with charizard X and Salamence since it usually lures fire and fighting types

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 hp 48 def 216 spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Protect

So.. trying to start a setup with smeargle? How about no?. Gliscor is an excelent physical wall who offers an stop to those freakin hazard and status spreaders. Toxic Orb along with his ability and protect offers him a reliable healing method. The nature and evs helps his bulk. Earthquake is the stab of choice, knock off is super useful to surprise switch ins and offers coverage. Taunt and protect, well, I explained that before.

Starmie @ life orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 spe 252 spa 4 spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Starmie offers the much needed rapid spin the team deserves. Leftovers lets it live longer, and analyitic hits hard predictable switch ins. The nature and evs are straight speed and power. Rapid spin supports Charizard X and Salamence. Surf is a more reliable water stab since I think Hydro Pump misses too much. Thunderbolt blasts flying and other water types. Ice beam serves as a dragon killer.

Salamence @ Lum Berry

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 atk 252 spe 4 spa
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Salamence loves to wreck stuff with moxie. Sinergy with the teammates pays. Salamence can switch to some attacks aimed to lucario, starmie and gliscor, set up and start a sweep. Lum berry prevents status, and the evs are maximized for attack and speed. Naive nature lets him hit hard with both physical and special attacks. Dragon Dance first to gain some speed and power. Dragon claw is my stab of choice, since outrage locks him. Flamethrower gets rid of scizor, ferro and grass types. Earthquake is a decent coverage move.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

Lucario can switch into something threatening both salamence and Charizard X, set up and start sweeping hard. Life orb is a well received boost. Justified can help in some predictable dark moves. Adamant nature and evs for the power and speed. Swords dance is the setup move. Crunch hits hard ghosts and psychic types. Bullet punch packs a punch (pun intended) for a reliable revenge stab. Close combat is the other stab, destroying special walls like blissey and others.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze / Though Claws
EVs: 252 atk 252 spe 4def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

When people see salamence, they automatically assume the charizard is a Mega Charizard Y (At least that's what I think), then boom, Charizard X appears. This guy is fabulous. He can switch into fire or fighting types trying to kill ferrothorn or lucario and set up in their face, even works fine without mega evo. The evs and nature are as always, speed ant attack. Dragon Dance is the desired setup move. Dragon claw and though claws work great and rack up a lot of damage. Flare blitz scorches plant and bug types, and earthquake helps with neutral coverage.

Other team options:

Forretress instead of ferrothorn:

Forretress @ leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 hp 252 def 4 spd 0 spe
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Now people, If you can help me improve my team, it would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Hey there got your request! This is a pretty cool team, and is pretty solid all around. One threat I can definitely see is opposing Gliscor, especially those packing Ice Fang. This is because outside of Starmie, you literally are unable to touch it, and it can potentially 6-0 your entire team. You also lack a revenge killer, which could be problematic for you in the long run. Outside of that, there aren't any fatal flaws this team has surprisingly, and is quite the solid dragonspam team. However, you could refine it to make it more solid.

One thing I would do is to change lucario to Scarf Magnezone. While it doesn't have the optimal speed for a scarfer, it barely has enough to justify itself as a viable choice scarfer. More importantly, it can revenge kill due to its now solid speed in unison with its natural bulk. This set also baits in and kills Gliscors, which is important for the rest of your team, and forms a great dragmag core to kill off Fairy and Steel types for the rest of your team to sweep!

Minor Changes:
Salamence: Outrage > Dragon Claw, as the extra power really does come into play, and can be abused alongside a lum berry.

Cool gen6 dragon spam!

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey there! Nice Team!

I can't find many problems with this team at all, it's balanced and has good Synergy. One thing I'm confused off is why your using gliscor. You state that it's to stop status spreaders, inparticularly Smeargle. Other than that, it doesn't really aid your team. Instead off Gliscor, I would suggest a Specially Defencive Clefable. Clefable has access to magic guard, so it can absorb burn and toxic, while ferrothorn can take Sleep (from Spore) and thunder wave. Since your team doesn't have a special wall, clefable will have a great benifit to your team.

Clefable @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Wish / Soft-Boiled
- Protect / Moonblast / Heal Bell
- Stored Power

Hope this helped
Good day to you sir~

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Ferrothorn

Ok, so the classic ferrothorn set. The way you put this set is exactly the way it should be - so I see no faults in that. Yep, nothing wrong with that.

Gliscor

This is pretty interesting. I haven't seen many people run Taunt on Gliscor, but I guess it could work. If your main objective isn't to Toxic Stall, then I guess your set isn't too bad. You have 216 EVs in Speed. If you want to out speed Smeargle, That outspeeds Smeargle by a ton. You only need around 100 EVs (You may need more because of speed ties and shit) to outspeed Smeargle. You may want to invest the rest into defense or special defense.

Starmie

Starmie is, well perfect. (I don't know if I'm being a help at all, it seems like you know what you're doing).

Salamence

MixMence, huh? Or is that a custom set? MixMence runs Draco Meteor instead of DDance, but if it's custom then I understand. Since you already have DDance to boost your attack, I suggest running 200 EVs in Attack, and 56 in SpA. If you want to use Flamethrower, then I recommend you use Fire Blast. Fire Blast is much more powerful and with a small accuracy drop.

Lucario

Yup, yup. Seen this before. Has no flaws. (Why would you get your team rated if everything's perfect!?)

Zard X

Sigh.....

Additional Comments:

Well pretty much everything is good except for Gliscor. However, since you run two dragons I recommend you run a fairy too, instead of Gliscor, probably. Florges or Clefable are both awesome, as they both have awesome bulk. But other than that, why the hell would you get a team rated if everything's good? 11/10, good team!

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, I'm here to rate your team

So this looks like a fairly balanced team which aims to break down Charizard X's counters in order to create an opportunity to set up for a sweep. Ferrothorn and Gliscor offer a solid Defensive back bone for this team, while Salamence, Lucario, Starmie, and Charizard all work nicely together and have great synergy. However, there are a few suggestions that could be made to make this team even better, and I hope you consider these ideas.

My first suggestion would be to replace both Salamence and Starmie with Latios. I think this is a great way to go for your team, as Latios provides both a nice wall breaker for Charizard X to sweep (much like Salamence), while also providing nice hazards control with Defog (much like Starmie). Latios also has a solid speed tier, and it in general makes you less weak to hazards. The biggest benefit however is now you have a free team slot. I'd probably replace Gliscor with Choice Scarf Landorus-T, just because I think U-turn is more beneficial for your team to get Charizard X in for free. Landorus-T still offers you solid bulk with Intimidate too, and having a revenge killer for dangerous threats like opposing Charizard X and Gyarados is very nice. I think you're slightly weak to Fairy types, despite having Bullet Punch on Lucario. Even at +2, it's not doing enough damage to Unaware Clefable or Azumarill. For this reason, you could possibly try out Aegislash in that free team slot, just because it shares great synergy with the rest of the team, and beats nearly any Fairy type one on one.

Well there's my rate. I hope you got something out of it, and good luck in the future with the team.

n_n

Hey there got your request! This is a pretty cool team, and is pretty solid all around. One threat I can definitely see is opposing Gliscor, especially those packing Ice Fang. This is because outside of Starmie, you literally are unable to touch it, and it can potentially 6-0 your entire team. You also lack a revenge killer, which could be problematic for you in the long run. Outside of that, there aren't any fatal flaws this team has surprisingly, and is quite the solid dragonspam team. However, you could refine it to make it more solid.

One thing I would do is to change lucario to Scarf Magnezone. While it doesn't have the optimal speed for a scarfer, it barely has enough to justify itself as a viable choice scarfer. More importantly, it can revenge kill due to its now solid speed in unison with its natural bulk. This set also baits in and kills Gliscors, which is important for the rest of your team, and forms a great dragmag core to kill off Fairy and Steel types for the rest of your team to sweep!

Minor Changes:
Salamence: Outrage > Dragon Claw, as the extra power really does come into play, and can be abused alongside a lum berry.

Cool gen6 dragon spam!

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
Thanks for the recommendations!. Well, you got a point there. Gliscor almost walls everything in my team. Definitely gotta try that magnezone. The outrage hmmmmmmmmmm. Since there are fairies, I feel a bit concerned, but I'll give it a try.

Hey there! Nice Team!

I can't find many problems with this team at all, it's balanced and has good Synergy. One thing I'm confused off is why your using gliscor. You state that it's to stop status spreaders, inparticularly Smeargle. Other than that, it doesn't really aid your team. Instead off Gliscor, I would suggest a Specially Defencive Clefable. Clefable has access to magic guard, so it can absorb burn and toxic, while ferrothorn can take Sleep (from Spore) and thunder wave. Since your team doesn't have a special wall, clefable will have a great benifit to your team.

Clefable @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Wish / Soft-Boiled
- Protect / Moonblast / Heal Bell
- Stored Power

Hope this helped
Good day to you sir~

Thanks for that suggestion! Well I'm also using gliscor to stop aegislash in his little king's shield game and other walls like blissey and chansey. And it worked nicely as a decent physical wall. But I didn't know clefable had magic guard o.0. I HAVE to try that. Also the wish support is always welcome.

Ferrothorn

Ok, so the classic ferrothorn set. The way you put this set is exactly the way it should be - so I see no faults in that. Yep, nothing wrong with that.

Gliscor

This is pretty interesting. I haven't seen many people run Taunt on Gliscor, but I guess it could work. If your main objective isn't to Toxic Stall, then I guess your set isn't too bad. You have 216 EVs in Speed. If you want to out speed Smeargle, That outspeeds Smeargle by a ton. You only need around 100 EVs (You may need more because of speed ties and shit) to outspeed Smeargle. You may want to invest the rest into defense or special defense.

Starmie

Starmie is, well perfect. (I don't know if I'm being a help at all, it seems like you know what you're doing).

Salamence

MixMence, huh? Or is that a custom set? MixMence runs Draco Meteor instead of DDance, but if it's custom then I understand. Since you already have DDance to boost your attack, I suggest running 200 EVs in Attack, and 56 in SpA. If you want to use Flamethrower, then I recommend you use Fire Blast. Fire Blast is much more powerful and with a small accuracy drop.

Lucario

Yup, yup. Seen this before. Has no flaws. (Why would you get your team rated if everything's perfect!?)

Zard X

Sigh.....

Additional Comments:

Well pretty much everything is good except for Gliscor. However, since you run two dragons I recommend you run a fairy too, instead of Gliscor, probably. Florges or Clefable are both awesome, as they both have awesome bulk. But other than that, why the hell would you get a team rated if everything's good? 11/10, good team!

Oh stop it, you! Thanks for that XD. Regarding gliscor. The speed evs are to outspeed adamant (or jolly?) lucario (or that's what the guide said, it's in the forums under the pivot set I think). The flamethrower is only for scizor and ferro and others, so the spatk isn't that really important for me. Gotta try with fire blast to see if I my luck doesn't sucks. The clefable might replace either gliscor or lucario. Again, Thanks!

Hi there, I'm here to rate your team

So this looks like a fairly balanced team which aims to break down Charizard X's counters in order to create an opportunity to set up for a sweep. Ferrothorn and Gliscor offer a solid Defensive back bone for this team, while Salamence, Lucario, Starmie, and Charizard all work nicely together and have great synergy. However, there are a few suggestions that could be made to make this team even better, and I hope you consider these ideas.

My first suggestion would be to replace both Salamence and Starmie with Latios. I think this is a great way to go for your team, as Latios provides both a nice wall breaker for Charizard X to sweep (much like Salamence), while also providing nice hazards control with Defog (much like Starmie). Latios also has a solid speed tier, and it in general makes you less weak to hazards. The biggest benefit however is now you have a free team slot. I'd probably replace Gliscor with Choice Scarf Landorus-T, just because I think U-turn is more beneficial for your team to get Charizard X in for free. Landorus-T still offers you solid bulk with Intimidate too, and having a revenge killer for dangerous threats like opposing Charizard X and Gyarados is very nice. I think you're slightly weak to Fairy types, despite having Bullet Punch on Lucario. Even at +2, it's not doing enough damage to Unaware Clefable or Azumarill. For this reason, you could possibly try out Aegislash in that free team slot, just because it shares great synergy with the rest of the team, and beats nearly any Fairy type one on one.

Well there's my rate. I hope you got something out of it, and good luck in the future with the team.

n_n

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll give a try aegislash. Regarding latios and landorus, can you give other options obtainable in game? Since latios and landorus are currently unobtainable for me in game =(

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Oh, sorry n_n Uh, I guess you could try out Garchomp instead of Landorus-T, as it still provides you with decent bulk, as well as a revenge killer. Latios is pretty hard to replace actually, and you might just have to go back to Starmie. I'll let you know if I think of anything else that's more suitable

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
First off, dragonite is better than any mence. HANDS DOWN. Look up the WP DD sweeper set.

And some personal prefrence and hear me out: gliscor needs toxic. Oh yeah and smeargle.at max outspeeds and hits it with spore anyways. If you really want to prevent hazards use a poke with prankster such as thundurus (nobody expects that but its pretty amazing) or sabelye
starmie may feel like dead weight. Personal preferance runs scarf exca, guarenteed to outspeed everything not scarf and hit very hard.
And if you still want a water type try specs keldeo.which is rediculously powerful or try unaware quagsire to wall sweepers

Oh, sorry n_n Uh, I guess you could try out Garchomp instead of Landorus-T, as it still provides you with decent bulk, as well as a revenge killer. Latios is pretty hard to replace actually, and you might just have to go back to Starmie. I'll let you know if I think of anything else that's more suitable
Oh, but then I'll have 3 dragons o.0. I'll wait for you to think on the latios ^^

First off, dragonite is better than any mence. HANDS DOWN. Look up the WP DD sweeper set.

And some personal prefrence and hear me out: gliscor needs toxic. Oh yeah and smeargle.at max outspeeds and hits it with spore anyways. If you really want to prevent hazards use a poke with prankster such as thundurus (nobody expects that but its pretty amazing) or sabelye
starmie may feel like dead weight. Personal preferance runs scarf exca, guarenteed to outspeed everything not scarf and hit very hard.
And if you still want a water type try specs keldeo.which is rediculously powerful or try unaware quagsire to wall sweepers
Thanks for your sugestion!. Are you sure that 252 timid smeargle can outspeed the 216 impish gliscor? (No, really, idk). I have Protect anyways, so I think I can wait for poison heal to take effect, or just switch into ferro. I mainly use taunt to deal with walls like chansey, blissey and screw aegislash. Sableye seems a viable option too. Maybe I'll give it a try. Also i'll try quagsire, but I'll need another rapid spinner. Excadrill is good, but along with lucario and mega char x they can become eq easy targets

Hey there! I think all the most important points have been covered, but I have to say that as your team now is in the OP, you are sure to have a hard time if the opponent utilizes Conkeldurr. AV Conkeldurr hits for supereffective damage against every Poke, except Char-X. Even Char-X can't reliably counter Conkeldurr, as Bulk Up variants can give him hell. Otherwise, good job with the team!

Hey there! I think all the most important points have been covered, but I have to say that as your team now is in the OP, you are sure to have a hard time if the opponent utilizes Conkeldurr. AV Conkeldurr hits for supereffective damage against every Poke, except Char-X. Even Char-X can't reliably counter Conkeldurr, as Bulk Up variants can give him hell. Otherwise, good job with the team!
Thank you! Yup, you made a point there. Maybe switching some of starmie's attacks to psychic can do the job, but still all I can do is hit it with raw power. Any suggestions?

Thank you! Yup, you made a point there. Maybe switching some of starmie's attacks to psychic can do the job, but still all I can do is hit it with raw power. Any suggestions?
yeah, you could equip Starmie with Psyshock. It doesn't guarantee a kill, but it would hit for a minimum of 70% against a 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr. I think that's the easiest way to go.

xJownage

Excadrill+keldeo over starmie+gliscor and Dnite>mence. Instead of lucario use a diff poke to counter weaknesses

exca, thorn, Dnite, charx, keldeo, ? If you want to keep lucario or gliscor you can, but i would reccomend you do one of two things:
1. Some sort of poke that well covers your weaknesses or another poke you may just like to use
2. A more reliable lead, maybe to prevent opposing hazards, such as prankster thundurus or sabelye. Dont worry about not getting rocks up immediately, you will be able to early in matches where there are almost always oppurtunities to bring in ferro

also DNITE HANDLES CONKELDURR. It will live an ice punch and get weakness policy.

Excadrill+keldeo over starmie+gliscor and Dnite>mence. Instead of lucario use a diff poke to counter weaknesses

exca, thorn, Dnite, charx, keldeo, ? If you want to keep lucario or gliscor you can, but i would reccomend you do one of two things:
1. Some sort of poke that well covers your weaknesses or another poke you may just like to use
2. A more reliable lead, maybe to prevent opposing hazards, such as prankster thundurus or sabelye. Dont worry about not getting rocks up immediately, you will be able to early in matches where there are almost always oppurtunities to bring in ferro

also DNITE HANDLES CONKELDURR. It will live an ice punch and get weakness policy.

Well thx for those suggestions. Well, as I stated in my first post, It's impossible for me to get a keldeo or thundurus, since the only game I have is X. Sableye seems a viable lead, but it's kinda frail. And regarding dnite. If there's weather (hail, sand), it can break my multiscale and the weak policy would be too risky, unless I roost, but i'll be losing one move.. ahhh. I'll give both lum and wp dnite a try. What do you suggest to replace lucario?

xJownage

Well thx for those suggestions. Well, as I stated in my first post, It's impossible for me to get a keldeo or thundurus, since the only game I have is X. Sableye seems a viable lead, but it's kinda frail. And regarding dnite. If there's weather (hail, sand), it can break my multiscale and the weak policy would be too risky, unless I roost, but i'll be losing one move.. ahhh. I'll give both lum and wp dnite a try. What do you suggest to replace lucario?
well that was what i dont quite know about due to me not being sure how you would change your team. Wp isint that risky with multiscale, DD the turn you come in against most more frail pokes. And weather is less threatening than you think.

You could try azumarill, maybe a banded set. Your options for a useful water type are limited. And thats if you start using exca. (USE THE SCARF SET)

well i do not reccomend sabelye, so i would lead with a FAST taunt user. A Deo-s or D lead would be good (deo-d is suprisingly fast and you could try to set up screens to assist more.with your sweep amd make your multiscale more potent

well that was what i dont quite know about due to me not being sure how you would change your team. Wp isint that risky with multiscale, DD the turn you come in against most more frail pokes. And weather is less threatening than you think.

You could try azumarill, maybe a banded set. Your options for a useful water type are limited. And thats if you start using exca. (USE THE SCARF SET)

well i do not reccomend sabelye, so i would lead with a FAST taunt user. A Deo-s or D lead would be good (deo-d is suprisingly fast and you could try to set up screens to assist more.with your sweep amd make your multiscale more potent

i guess I'll try a sableye, since I cant get a deoxys. I use gliscor for lead scouting anyways. What about Scizor instead of lucario?

xJownage

i guess I'll try a sableye, since I cant get a deoxys. I use gliscor for lead scouting anyways. What about Scizor instead of lucario?
Maybe but i dont like it.
Any fast taunt user will do it otherwise you HAVE to have somebody to dehazard.
Personally im not a big fan of scizor, never works against me or others. Idk trial and error.
So thorn, lead (gliscor or future diff poke), DNite (you need to try this), water type (azumarill?), charx, and one more? You have a lot more options than lucario and scizor, but you need dehazard. Maybe scarf excadrill? Like i said starmie is not a reliable spinner.

Maybe but i dont like it.
Any fast taunt user will do it otherwise you HAVE to have somebody to dehazard.
Personally im not a big fan of scizor, never works against me or others. Idk trial and error.
So thorn, lead (gliscor or future diff poke), DNite (you need to try this), water type (azumarill?), charx, and one more? You have a lot more options than lucario and scizor, but you need dehazard. Maybe scarf excadrill? Like i said starmie is not a reliable spinner.
Yeah but starmie helps with some coverage (water and ice stuff). I had deep thoughts bout Dnite. It seems pretty viable, so I'm definitely trying it (I also thought of haban berry salamance XD). Also I was thinking bout rotom w instead of lucario.

xJownage

Rotom is the best mixwall this side of mega venusaur so sounds good to me. Trick set or wat?
But like i said starmie is coverage only and many pokes you have access to can do the job better. Azumarill, trade for a keldeo, or something. But to be honest i would use suicune over starmie. Its so frail it will never get off spin and switch until at 50% or less.
And scarfdrill would be your hero

Rotom is the best mixwall this side of mega venusaur so sounds good to me. Trick set or wat?
But like i said starmie is coverage only and many pokes you have access to can do the job better. Azumarill, trade for a keldeo, or something. But to be honest i would use suicune over starmie. Its so frail it will never get off spin and switch until at 50% or less.
And scarfdrill would be your hero
I think trick rotom would be nice to lock some stuff and giving setup oportunities to dragons. I'll try the excadrill instead of starmie, since it got some nice synergy with rotom. I got one scarfed adamant mold breaker in my storage anyways.

Hey there!
So I'm here to rate your team as you asked me to. From the looks, your team is an offensive team that capitalizes on supporting Salamence and Mega Zard for a potential sweep, and then clean up with Lucario. This gives you multiple win conditions while using a team with strong synergy, which is great.
Honestly, I don't think I can add anything new to your team, since most viable suggestions have been already been proposed. I still have a few suggestions to make though, but your team is pretty much fine as it is (considering you can't get legendaries).

Small Changes

You could run Scald over Surf on Starmie. I think it's fairly obvious why; Scald gives you an added 30% chance to burn something, which is really nice to cripple physical threats. It will still hit quite hard with the LO + Analytic boost (Starmie does force quite a few switches), so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

As other people already mentioned, Dragonite would do a much better job than Salamence at set up sweeping. It could easily get up a Dragon Dance thanks to Multiscale, sweep with either Outrage or Extremespeed, and has Earthquake to take care of Aegislash. But I honestly wouldn't recommend it, because then your team would easily get walled by Skarmory when Starmie and Mega Charizard X are down, which could be a pain in the ass really.

Bigger Changes

I'll be going over potential replacements now. As xJownage already mentioned, Azumarill over Lucario could be a great fit. Between the Banded set or the Belly Jet set, you get an amazingly bulky Water/Fairy type with ample occasions to set up and sweep, or simply wallbreak with the banded set and leave room for a Mega Charizard X/Salamence sweep. Because of its typing, you still keep the very relevant Ice and Dark resists and Dragon immunity that your team needs, as well as Bug, Fighting and Fire resists. This is great because it meshes very well with the rest of your team, covering for most of the common weaknesses and has really strong defensive synergy with Ferrothorn. It can easily switch in a choice locked Garchomp or Salamence into Outrage, set up with Belly Drum, and then easily sweep with Aqua Jet, making it really easy to clean up later with the other sweepers in your team. It could also do the same thing with a Choice Band set, and smack things (even fairies) with a Choice band boosted Play rough or Waterfall, as well as being able to act as a revenge killer with Aqua jet. You honestly can choose to run either set, you won't be disappointed.
You can find both sets below with a few notes, feel free to try them out:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

OR

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock Off/ Facade/ Focus Punch

252 HP on BellyJet so Sitrus Berry Kicks in immediately after you reach 50% HP or lower when you use Belly Drum. 248 HP on Choice Band set so you take a little less damage from hazards and indirect damage in general, letting you switch 1 more time (you'll be left with 1% HP though). The last slot for the Choice Band set would be your preferred coverage move (in no particular order): Superpower to hit Ferrothorn, Knock off to cripple anything that would switch in, Facade lets you ignore the burn drop and hit for decent damage (should you ever get burned) or Focus Punch would again be for predicted Ferrothorn Switches (requires a little prediction to use). The last slot is essentially for whatever you feel would be more useful for you in the long run.

Another (rather funny and ridiculous, but could definitely work) pokemon you could use is Wobbuffet. You could encore an opposing pokemon into a non damaging move like Defog or Will O Wisp, and then just switch to either setup sweeper (Charizard into Will O Wisp/ Defog, Salamence into defog), setup and go for the sweep. Counter + Mirror Coat and Destiny Bond should let you take down something, so it isn't entirely useless. Even then, I'm still very dubious about this suggestion since you'd be just increasing your team's weakness to Dark types and could end up being just dead fodder, so you should take this suggestion with a grain of salt. The set is below with a few notes:

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers (sorry, no Custap in Gen 6 :( )
Ability: Shadow Tag
28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk IVs
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond/ Safeguard
Honestly I don't think I have to explain this set. Calm nature works too if you'd rather want it to have more special bulk. Safeguard is an interesting option if you plan on encoring status moves, so you can safely switch to Salamence without Fearing a Burn or Paralysis or Toxic (that way Lum Berry doesn't get used up too!) or switching Charizard into Thunder Wave or Toxic without fearing paralysis or bad poisoning. Else, you can just stick to Destiny Bond to be able to take down something.

Other than that, I don't really have anything else I could suggest. Aegislash was already mentioned, and I think it would do just great in your team, helping you to get rid of fairies as well as firing off really strong STAB Shadow Balls.

With that I conclude my rate. Hope I was of any help!
Good luck with your team and have a nice day!

Last edited:
Hey there!
So I'm here to rate your team as you asked me to. From the looks, your team is an offensive team that capitalizes on supporting Salamence and Mega Zard for a potential sweep, and then clean up with Lucario. This gives you multiple win conditions while using a team with strong synergy, which is great.
Honestly, I don't think I can add anything new to your team, since most viable suggestions have been already been proposed. I still have a few suggestions to make though, but your team is pretty much fine as it is (considering you can't get legendaries).

Small Changes

You could run Scald over Surf on Starmie. I think it's fairly obvious why; Scald gives you an added 30% chance to burn something, which is really nice to cripple physical threats. It will still hit quite hard with the LO + Analytic boost (Starmie does force quite a few switches), so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

As other people already mentioned, Dragonite would do a much better job than Salamence at set up sweeping. It could easily get up a Dragon Dance thanks to Multiscale, sweep with either Outrage or Extremespeed, and has Earthquake to take care of Aegislash. But I honestly wouldn't recommend it, because then your team would easily get walled by Skarmory when Starmie and Mega Charizard X are down, which could be a pain in the ass really.

Bigger Changes

I'll be going over potential replacements now. As xJownage already mentioned, Azumarill over Lucario could be a great fit. Between the Banded set or the Belly Jet set, you get an amazingly bulky Water/Fairy type with ample occasions to set up and sweep, or simply wallbreak with the banded set and leave room for a Mega Charizard X/Salamence sweep. Because of its typing, you still keep the very relevant Ice and Dark resists and Dragon immunity that your team needs, as well as Bug, Fighting and Fire resists. This is great because it meshes very well with the rest of your team, covering for most of the common weaknesses and has really strong defensive synergy with Ferrothorn. It can easily switch in a choice locked Garchomp or Salamence into Outrage, set up with Belly Drum, and then easily sweep with Aqua Jet, making it really easy to clean up later with the other sweepers in your team. It could also do the same thing with a Choice Band set, and smack things (even fairies) with a Choice band boosted Play rough or Waterfall, as well as being able to act as a revenge killer with Aqua jet. You honestly can choose to run either set, you won't be disappointed.
You can find both sets below with a few notes, feel free to try them out:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

OR

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock Off/ Facade/ Focus Punch

252 HP on BellyJet so Sitrus Berry Kicks in immediately after you reach 50% HP or lower when you use Belly Drum. 248 HP on Choice Band set so you take a little less damage from hazards and indirect damage in general, letting you switch 1 more time (you'll be left with 1% HP though). The last slot for the Choice Band set would be your preferred coverage move (in no particular order): Superpower to hit Ferrothorn, Knock off to cripple anything that would switch in, Facade lets you ignore the burn drop and hit for decent damage (should you ever get burned) or Focus Punch would again be for predicted Ferrothorn Switches (requires a little prediction to use). The last slot is essentially for whatever you feel would be more useful for you in the long run.

Another (rather funny and ridiculous, but could definitely work) pokemon you could use is Wobbuffet. You could encore an opposing pokemon into a non damaging move like Defog or Will O Wisp, and then just switch to either setup sweeper (Charizard into Will O Wisp/ Defog, Salamence into defog), setup and go for the sweep. Counter + Mirror Coat and Destiny Bond should let you take down something, so it isn't entirely useless. Even then, I'm still very dubious about this suggestion since you'd be just increasing your team's weakness to Dark types and could end up being just dead fodder, so you should take this suggestion with a grain of salt. The set is below with a few notes:

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers (sorry, no Custap in Gen 6 :( )
Ability: Shadow Tag
28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk IVs
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond/ Safeguard
Honestly I don't think I have to explain this set. Calm nature works too if you'd rather want it to have more special bulk. Safeguard is an interesting option if you plan on encoring status moves, so you can safely switch to Salamence without Fearing a Burn or Paralysis or Toxic (that way Lum Berry doesn't get used up too!) or switching Charizard into Thunder Wave or Toxic without fearing paralysis or bad poisoning. Else, you can just stick to Destiny Bond to be able to take down something.

Other than that, I don't really have anything else I could suggest. Aegislash was already mentioned, and I think it would do just great in your team, helping you to get rid of fairies as well as firing off really strong STAB Shadow Balls.

With that I conclude my rate. Hope I was of any help!
Good luck with your team and have a nice day!
Thanks for your suggestions! Yeah, I know the BEAST that is azumarill, I use one in my rain team ^^ . I'll switch lucario with that one. One thing I didn't understand. The Aegislash should replace starmie/excadrill or gliscor? Cuz If I use it I would lose rapid spin support, and If I lose gliscor I could find trouble breaking special walls like chansey and skarmory

Thanks for your suggestions! Yeah, I know the BEAST that is azumarill, I use one in my rain team ^^ . I'll switch lucario with that one. One thing I didn't understand. The Aegislash should replace starmie/excadrill or gliscor? Cuz If I use it I would lose rapid spin support, and If I lose gliscor I could find trouble breaking special walls like chansey and skarmory
You could use it as a replacement for Lucario, if you're using Starmie as a spinner. It would help you deal with fairies, and has a fairly decent amount of bulk, but you'd lose out on Dark resists, which is a risk really. The reason why I suggested Aegislash in the first place was to deal with common fairy types like Sylveon, Togekiss and Clefable, as they could seriously harm your double dragon team. However if you're using Excadrill as a spinner, you should do just fine.

You could use it as a replacement for Lucario, if you're using Starmie as a spinner. It would help you deal with fairies, and has a fairly decent amount of bulk, but you'd lose out on Dark resists, which is a risk really. The reason why I suggested Aegislash in the first place was to deal with common fairy types like Sylveon, Togekiss and Clefable, as they could seriously harm your double dragon team. However if you're using Excadrill as a spinner, you should do just fine.
Alright, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)