1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dual Weather Alert! Finals! [Won By FelixMinamimoto]

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by IceCarAdler, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCarAdler

IceCarAdler

Sorry to hear luck was involved, but congrats Felix!

Good job BKC and Nelson as well!
  2. FelixMinamimoto

FelixMinamimoto

Okay, secondary post. It's nigh impossible to win a tournament without any luck, and it just so happens I got a couple of critical turns in my final matches at the right time.

Me vs. Nelson-X

When I saw Jirachi, I thought I was screwed. I think the most important thing in this match was that I decided to go with Intimidate instead of Moxie (I had run Moxie before.) It seemed like I was holding onto Gyarados for far too long and it was just keeping a team slot booked. Luckily, that was able to take Jirachi, and then I got a flinch to seal it.

Me vs. BKC

I was astounded when I realized how good Celebi was against almost every weather user. It proves its worth as an MVP here, Terra is amazing at softening things up (luckily I didn't meet a Hippowdon), and Rotom-W proves to be a nimble creature as it dodges a rock-slide which sealed it.

Me vs. Coren

In my round 4 match, I had almost gotten decimated by a rain/sand team. I decided bringing Kingdra could be a great insurance policy (which could have massively backfired on me) but I ran into a rain team. Terra with Earthquake was also something I'd found that worked against things not named Hippowdon, but I decided to change that in favor of Rock Polish for the final because it felt too gimmicky. It worked wonders here.

Brotom and I had a pretty cool R4 match as well, seeing as we'd teambuilt together before it started I had to build a whole different team. It was hella fun though. If I find that replay, I'll add it.

Thanks to IceCarAdler for hosting and good job to BKC and Nelson-X for making it as far as they did. Who knows, without the bits of luck I got, whether the result would have been different. Ggs. :)
  3. Malekith

Malekith
    is a Community Contributoris a SPL Winner

Congrats!
  4. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Congrats !
  5. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

Congrats!
  6. Alexander.

Alexander.

7. Jets

Jets

congrats
  8. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

METROOOOOOOO

grats!
  9. papai noel

papai noel
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

[​IMG]

Grats Felix
  10. Bomber92

Bomber92

Congratulations felix!
  11. Dr Ciel

Dr Ciel

King Felix reigns supreme.
  12. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Congrats Felix!
  13. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

14. Orichalcos Owl

Orichalcos Owl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)