Ability: lifeorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

Generally whenever I explore a meta, I take a sample and decide to not bother for the rest of the month this is OMoTM but I feel like this meta has potential so I decided to try and be original. Everyone was freaking out over "Omg Life Orb + Choice Items are the only viable combination stall is dead xDD!!" but there are a lot of deadly combinations on stall that make it really fucking annoying to break - Moreso than in regular play.

To start, I decided to build around Toxapex which is p damn annoying in standard play bc it walls a whole fucking lot. I was under the impression that you need 2 items so if you don't just put regen as it really does benefit pex, but either way Lefties + Black Sludge is p annoying. Haze is so it can check Volcarona as due to its good natural bulk it can easily take a Psychic which I saw on ladder, don't really know why. It blanket checks a lot of threats i.e. Keldeo Volcarona Terrakion (which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread but it seems really fucking good) potentially KyuB depending on the set etc etc and it can set hazards on a lot of stuff due to having such a great typing combined with amazing bulk.

Chansey can hold Lefties now which makes it rly annoying to take down lol and Toxic + SToss can just cripple anything in the tier that can't 2HKO it. Ye it loses Natcure but it gains so much more recovery lul I really think this set is disgusting. Honestly Leftovers is crazy in terms of passive recovery, you'd be surprised how well this set can work. On the team it functions as a sponge to anything that can't 2hko it after recovery which is... a lot lol. Volcarona can't set up on or ko it or w/e and it can take some Physical hits in a pinch.

It's supported by Zapdos which functions as a secondary Fighting resist if something happens to pex i.e. gets crit, surprised by coverage etc etc which helps Chansey shine. It also functions as a nice defogger as well as a general good Physical answer to Fighting types, you don't really need more special defense bc you have Chans and the Lati.

Skarm is just a good hazard setter and it shuffles for chip damage, but it also sponges physical hits p well. Not much to say here it's p standard but it doesn't really mind losing Sturdy and it loves having Iron Barbs over it.

I won't write much on Ferrothorn but it's another hazard setter and can toxic things in a pinch, the amount of things it can set spikes on is a lot and it does a p good job of answering Archeops as well. It's not too different from the set it uses in standard OU but it's still crazy good so w/e lul

The Latias set is a set sedertz showed me which I really ended up liking, it's just a nice emergency wincon if you need to pull one out of your ass in some difficult matchups. Tertiary fighting resist just so Chansey doesn't die and something that takes on Special Attackers as well. It's got a p good defensive typing too and it can sub on a lot of stuff and just set up and sweep. just watch out for Darks.

That's the stall team, I'm gonna ditch it now bc playing it is gross but feel free to make changes and stuff, enjoy. Fun meta, I'll be playing more of it.

jasprose is cute

e: I built this team under the impression you couldn't use abilities but since you can, run Iron Barbs Ferro and Regen Pex

e2: run latiasite leftovers or keep levitate maybe

Last edited:
FEAR ME (Rattata) @ Focus Sash
Ability: custap berry
Level: 1
IVs: 1 HP / 1 Atk / 1 Def / 1 SpA / 1 SpD / 1 Spe
- Endeavor
- Quick Attack
- Protect
- U-turn

this set allows for a gurenteed trade with anything full offensive, too bad sash gets used up/ we dont get abilities

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: leftovers
EVs: Bulky
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

My favorite spinner. Dies to earthquake ):

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

I love terrakion in this meta, how nothing basically switch into it.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 216-255 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 168-199 (43.9 - 52%) -- 68.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 243-289 (57.8 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 175-208 (57.5 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - Who needs Earthquake?

Everything else is 2HKO'd, bar Max/Max+ Suicune and above. Even Suicune has a chance of getting 2HKO'd by +1 LO CC.

OK, Knock Off is insanely broken in this meta. With a 2.25x damage boost to mons with 2 items, and it removes both of them in one hit, it's just ridiculous. I really think either nerfing it to only remove the item slot item and NOT the ability slot item (and by extension, reduce its boost to the normal 1.5x as well) would greatly balance it. The way KO works now, it hits too hard and defeats the entire purpose of the meta.

Just discovered that putting Z Crystal as ability + Item does prevent the item from being knocked off.
Mega stones seems to not prevent the other item from being knocked off though...is it intended?

Victini @ Mind Plate
Ability: Normalium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot
- Focus Blast

I love this Victini. He gives a Z-Celebrate and then there's nothing to stop Stored Power from it (except Psychic-, Dark-, Steel-Types and Chansey lol)

+1 252 SpA Mind Plate Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Assault Vest Venusaur-Mega: 270-318 (74.3 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Mind Plate Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 414-488 (136.1 - 160.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Mind Plate Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 235-277 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

OK, Knock Off is insanely broken in this meta. With a 2.25x damage boost to mons with 2 items, and it removes both of them in one hit, it's just ridiculous.
Just discovered that putting Z Crystal as ability + Item does prevent the item from being knocked off.
Quoting myself, this revealed something quite effective.
Don't like getting your Chansey's Eviolite knocked off along with her new toy Leftovers, sacrificing your useful Natural Cure?
Then witness THE BIRTH OF THE MONSTER.

Cancersey (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Poisonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

A quite standard Eviolite Chansey huh?
Yeah, but un-knockoff-able, and she can become a stalling beast if you need.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7dualwielding-654529069
What do you mean "Chansey does not check Keldeo"? Tell me, lmao.

Running multiple Z Crystal is sometimes useful. Protects your main item, and offers you an occasional nuke.
I have 3 on my team, Icium Z on Kyu-B and Electrium Z on Koko for those pesky Toxapexs taking 55% from Volt Switch lol.

Also, another underrated mon for this meta, but also in general. Utility Mega Charizard X (WASTING A MEGA SLOT FOR UTILITY? ayyy lmao - Mega Diancie)

Waddup (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Defog

When you see it, it screams "Physical Sweeper" but nope, lol.
Occasionally forms quite a nice core with Chansey, in case you do not want to Z-Toxic to check mons like Keldeo.
Secret Sword predicting Chansey and...not even 3HKO, now switch on a Flamethrower (expecting physical zard, since X, but the more you know Char-X has base 130 on both offenses) or Crippling-O-Wisp lol.
Oh, and it's also a Defogger that scares out Skarmory as well.

Might've been answered before, but I was wondering this after using the sorry TR team. What does Skill swap do? Does it do the same as trick?

Quoting myself, this revealed something quite effective.
Don't like getting your Chansey's Eviolite knocked off along with her new toy Leftovers, sacrificing your useful Natural Cure?
Then witness THE BIRTH OF THE MONSTER.

Cancersey (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Poisonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

A quite standard Eviolite Chansey huh?
Yeah, but un-knockoff-able, and she can become a stalling beast if you need.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7dualwielding-654529069
What do you mean "Chansey does not check Keldeo"? Tell me, lmao.

Running multiple Z Crystal is sometimes useful. Protects your main item, and offers you an occasional nuke.
I have 3 on my team, Icium Z on Kyu-B and Electrium Z on Koko for those pesky Toxapexs taking 55% from Volt Switch lol.

Also, another underrated mon for this meta, but also in general. Utility Mega Charizard X (WASTING A MEGA SLOT FOR UTILITY? ayyy lmao - Mega Diancie)

Waddup (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Defog

When you see it, it screams "Physical Sweeper" but nope, lol.
Occasionally forms quite a nice core with Chansey, in case you do not want to Z-Toxic to check mons like Keldeo.
Secret Sword predicting Chansey and...not even 3HKO, now switch on a Flamethrower (expecting physical zard, since X, but the more you know Char-X has base 130 on both offenses) or Crippling-O-Wisp lol.
Oh, and it's also a Defogger that scares out Skarmory as well.
I believe I have had the displeasure of dealing with this core before. I had no clue that Zard-X was running a support build.

My team got walled to oblivion.

Still not sure quite how to deal with it. A relatively speedy EQ-er seems promising, though I haven't had the ability to test it yet.

That being said, I feel as though I should mention Buzzwole. Much like in regular OU that thing is one hell of a physical tank, and here in DW it gets even better since it can get rid of Beast Boost (a useful ability, although 'wole is better off with that second item). It gets checked by Ghosts and can't take special hits well at all, but even so it can do some serious damage.

Still not sure quite how to deal with it. A relatively speedy EQ-er seems promising
Pretty much, if Char has mega-evolved already, of course.
Playing around with the mega can be cool, especially exploiting water and electric weaknesses (and ground immunity).

A safer bet would be Band+Orb Terrakion (but for that purpose [and Scarf Keldeo] I have ScarfZ Koko)

A safer bet would be Band+Orb Terrakion (but for that purpose [and Scarf Keldeo] I have ScarfZ Koko)
I try and stay away from the more meta kind of stuff, see what fun things there are to play with before looking into what other people are using. Plus I also needed an ice-type. My answer to the EQ + Ice conundrum:

Tusk'd (Mamoswine) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Band Orb Mamoswine happens to obliterate ZardX with EQ, or semi-reliably 2HKO's with Icicle Crash, and most Chanseys don't want to switch in on this kind of beast. It also outspeeds non-scarfed, non-Jolly Lando-T's, even when they have max speed investment. Puts some serious hurt on Garchomp too. I find it's a high-risk, high-reward kind of 'mon. It can't really take hits well, but it's more a destroyer than a tank anyway.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Helping Hand Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 567-676 (148.4 - 176.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Helping Hand Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 536-640 (149.7 - 178.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Helping Hand Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp-Mega: 458-546 (127.9 - 152.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Helping Hand Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 422-499 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Helping Hand Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 429-507 (119.1 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Helping Hand being the Band, Mamoswine doesn't even care about Lando-T's Intimidate. Lando just drops. And without serious HP investment, both kinds of Scarfchomp don't stand a chance against this thing.

TL;DR, BandOrb Icepig does a LOT to anything that doesn't resist its STABS, even with defensive investment.

Last edited:
Hey guys take look on my team
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Alakazam-Mega (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: choicespecs
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starboy (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic

Durant (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Crunch

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Helping Hand Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 429-507 (119.1 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That is cool. This and Zygarde can OHKO Char reliably.
Just beware of switching on wisp, otherwise this becomes Chansey food.
Zygarde can still DD, for example, Mamo is stuck.

And, these two aside, Terrakion at least scares Chansey with CC, even burned.

I wonder how exactly Fling will work here.
Oops, I forgot to code Fling. I would probably make it Fling the regular item, but if it couldn't, it would Fling the dual item instead.
How exactly does Acrobatics work? Do both items have to be removed or expended, or just the one in the item slot proper?
I also forgot to code Acrobatics, so you get the boost even with an item in the Ability slot.
The opponent went for "Z-Z-Conversion" with his Porygon Z and hovering on it showed "Item: Crucibellite"
My fault again I'm afraid. The double Z-prefix was fixed earlier and the item validation is being updated. However, as a side effect, if you want to dual wield a Mega Stone, you will need to manually add it to the base forme. (Regular single-item Megas are still OK though.)
Mega stones seems to not prevent the other item from being knocked off though...is it intended?
It's a quirk in the way knocking off items works. In particular, Mega Stones only protect themselves from being knocked off while Z Crystals prevent all items from being knocked off. Normally you only have one item so this makes no difference. However, this effect of Z Crystals does not block the 1.5x power boost to Knock Off, unless your other item is a Z Crystal or suitable Mega Stone.

lost heros

Meme Master
It's a quirk in the way knocking off items works. In particular, Mega Stones only protect themselves from being knocked off while Z Crystals prevent all items from being knocked off. Normally you only have one item so this makes no difference. However, this effect of Z Crystals does not block the 1.5x power boost to Knock Off, unless your other item is a Z Crystal or suitable Mega Stone.
Can you clarify this to make sure I understand this right?
So Knock Off used against pokemon with 2 knock off-able items will have a 2.25x boost and knock off both items.
Knock Off used against a pokemon with a Mega Stone and 1 knock off-able item will have a 1.5x boost and knock of the knock off-able item.
Knock Off used against a pokemon with a Z Crystal and 1 knock off-able item will have a 1.5x boost and won't knock off the item. (akin to sticky hold)

What about mail?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)